Outdoor Organic Balcony Stealth Quadlining: White Widow/Gorgonzola

Update on 3-WWG White Widow/Gorgonzola 10th week flowering

Altho these times are disturbing, everything is going smoothly as far as the plants are concerned. I was able take some pics today of 3-WWG and some of her bud closeups. Development is progressing, some very early light amber trichomes but I prefer to wait for longer yet. She is a few days behind 2-WW but not too far apart.

Compared my previous grow she is still looking reasonably well at this stage of her flowering. Today, I gave her 2 normal waterings (just to run off), morning and late afternoon, whereas I had been giving her around 4 such waterings a day, down from the 5 or 6 a day when the balcony temperatures were in the mid 30C's. The drilled out pots do lose a lot of moisture otherwise I'd be watering nowhere near that amount. But at this point in flowering I am choosing to reduce those waterings so to invoke some light drought stress to her and she how she responds.

Some bud closeups, there are some very early light amber trichomes, but still too early for where I want them, however compared to a few days ago they already have changed. Getting towards that final zone of acceptable appearance. Funny to think of all the times as I have watched her growing from seed over the last 6.5 months, and imagined ahead to seeing her future buds and they are here now in front me, the home run to go, just a couple of weeks or so thereabouts.:ganjamon:

Wishing everyone to be safe and well.
:hookah:

Update of 1-GGa - Gorilla Glue Auto - LST - day 91
We've had another sunny Autumn day, looks like there is a run of them ahead too. Today I took some pics of the auto, it is sitting in a 50L pot, looking really nice, seems happy, and it's colas are quite plump. I am looking forward to how this vapes once dried and cured. I think the strain guide said it's estimated yield was 4oz - 6oz, and at the moment it's looking like it'll fall in that range. It is far better than I was expecting so it will make a nice contribution to the overall harvest that includes the 2 Quad girls.

Some cola pics

Some closeups

All the best everyone, stay and well.:surf:

How exciting! I can’t wait to see what your final weights are. Everyone is looking terrific!
I bet your peeps are looking up all the yummy chilli surprise recipes they can find to help get them through the shutdown. :p

Stay safe, Koro.
:green_heart:

How exciting! I can’t wait to see what your final weights are. Everyone is looking terrific!
I bet your peeps are looking up all the yummy chilli surprise recipes they can find to help get them through the shutdown. :p

Stay safe, Koro.
Yes it is exciting, for the 2 Quad girls it will be a 7 month grow, so there is a fair bit of growing involvement with that length of time for a couple of weeds. They are getting quite aromatic now, there is a reasonable amount of fast maturing bud so when the doors are open and the breeze is pushing past them into the house, it just fills it. I keep them closed to stay on the wife's good side. The chilli does sound nice. We have been doing a bit of baking to help the lockdown 'locked in' feeling. The air sparkles more, much cleaner. Serious times so yes stay safe indeed.

You've got some very nice looking plants there, mate! :thumb:
Cheers, it must be said they are doing better than expected!

Today, I sprayed all 3 plants with BT spray and took a few more pics. Not long to go. I have seen very light early amber trichomes now on all plants, today on the Gorilla Glue Auto, so somewhere near to mid April will be harvest time I guess.

3-WWG Cola/Trich pics White Widow/Gorgonzola

2-WW Colas/Cola/Bud White Widow

1- GGa plant/Cola/closeup/trichs Gorilla Glue Auto

Sorry, I thought you’d been trying to convince folk these are chili plants?
Haha you're right.:rofl: I missed that, I am half baked tonight, been trying out some fast dried White Widow, it's pretty decent already.:ganjamon: Actually just a few days ago I was told that my chilli plants were really getting big.:morenutes: I wont be able to keep up the pretense of that one for much longer, and will need to come up with some sort of plan B to address that. But if the referendum comes thru then hopefully that wont be an issue!

General update

I gave all 3 plants a spray for bugs today. I have sprayed BT for caterpillars several times past which has been mostly effective. But lately I have spotted isolated occurrences of mealy bugs and red spider mites. I am guessing that I wont harvest the Quad girls until mid April and the Gorilla Glue maybe sooner, not long to go. Cooler weather is happening but not wanting to take any chances I gave all 3 plants a 3 part spray today, Dr Bronner's Castille Soap, Neem oil and Insecticide Soap. @Emeraldo has found no problem with Neem and found some reference to it breaking down in just days, and @InTheShed had great success with the Dr Bronners. Heavy rain is forecast in a few days time, so I plan to do a follow up spray before then of probably just the Dr Bronner's Castille soap, as a further bug hit, but also when the rain comes it should help give the plants a bit of a bud wash/cleaning. If I choose to dry the plants whole I am simply not going to be able to attempt bud washing so have to do it in situ. I would also look to do at least a further Dr Bronner's before harvest with some plain water spray rinse as well.

1-GGa Gorilla Glue Auto day 95 update

Trichome closeups

On most of the buds the trichomes show clear/cloudy, but on just a few buds some are turning amber.

2-WW White Widow end of flowering week 10.

This girl has lots of nice long colas that are not super massive thick but they are reasonable and dense, some are sagging a bit from weight but that's ok, better than waving at the neighbors. After the supercropping they received they are bent in lots of angles. I have sampled some of the small lower popcorn buds and found it gave a pretty good high for fast dried early samples. Altho the bowl that I am currently vaping was chopped up from 2 very small lower popcorn buds, which I think were both too pissy small and while they gave a useful buzz it wasn't as good and strong as the previous bigger sampled bud. I have had the plants on half the waterings that they had been getting, a sort of an attempt at drought stress, the buds while showing some very early amber are mostly clear/cloudy but getting a very good potency about them.

3-WWG - White Widow/Gorgonzola update
I fast dried a reasonable popcorn bud of this White Widow/Gorgonzola cross a couple of days ago that gave a very good high, I am hoping with a couple more weeks it'll be even better. :hookah: Keep safe and well.

Sliding in towards home base now, Stunger. Great update. Very cool photos. Exactly the sort of thing that had me gnashing my teeth back before harvest one. (Come on in, folks. The water’s fine!)
You have done such a great job on these. They look incredible. Early smoke reports sound promising.
It’s going to be a relief to see them across the line. If something happens to an indoor grow you can just start it up again and wait. It’s all a bit more crucial when you’re having to feed a tame taniwha.
Not even gonna ask you how you did it. I suspect a whale bone nose flute was involved. I’ve also seen a bull roarer used. The rope was made from woven flax and it had hand sized pounamu paddles on it. It was formidable. That’s your own business, Koro. Magic.
Hey did you find a local source for your Dr Bronner’s?

Sliding in towards home base now, Stunger. Great update. Very cool photos. Exactly the sort of thing that had me gnashing my teeth back before harvest one. (Come on in, folks. The water’s fine!)
You have done such a great job on these. They look incredible. Early smoke reports sound promising.
It’s going to be a relief to see them across the line. If something happens to an indoor grow you can just start it up again and wait. It’s all a bit more crucial when you’re having to feed a tame taniwha.
Not even gonna ask you how you did it. I suspect a whale bone nose flute was involved. I’ve also seen a bull roarer used. The rope was made from woven flax and it had hand sized pounamu paddles on it. It was formidable. That’s your own business, Koro. Magic.
Hey did you find a local source for your Dr Bronner’s?
Cheers DD. It will of course be a relief to get across the line, altho there is a day by day quickening that I almost don't want to end, as after almost 7 months it's become personal! :yummy: There have certainly been a number of 'learnings' I have had from this season's grow, which that I hope can contribute to improvements next time.
The option of growing all year round indoors would be great. The trial of growing my first auto has sparked a curiosity about being able to grow auto's outside in the 'off months', the strain guidance suggests you can, I would expect yield to be reduced but that could nice all the same not having to wait nearly half year to start again.
The Dr Bronner's I found in a local organic produce shop nearby that stocks the range where I got a bottle before lockdown, and at the same time I also got a bottle of lecithin for future use in oil extractions. I was pleased I found them so easy. I think your plants are looking great, you've really dialing in nicely their nutrition and care needs.:high-five:

They're comin' around the mountain. Stunger, that Gorilla Glue Auto looks absolutely stunning! I just ordered some GGA seeds from Robert at 420, yours have turned out so well. How many days has it been since you germinated the GGA?

I am impressed with the Gorilla Glue Auto too. I hope you managed to get in for the current 10+10 offers at Robert's. She is looking really good each time I view her on the balcony as she has such fat heavy looking colas and is quite an impressive size altho having been LST'd it kept her from reaching her full height, but nonetheless in the beginning I had been thinking if all went well maybe 2oz - 3oz, but now I am think double that is likely to be closer to the final yield.

Here's a pic I just took of her at day 96 since sprouting, see what you think. :hookah:

Yes, I did the 10 +10 BOGO sale, which, according to the email, expires in 2 hours so hurry! Lol But seriously, am looking forward to trying the Lady GGA. It will be a new experience to grow an auto, but am convinced the end result is good, so what's not to love?

:yummy:

3-WWG pics update

I didn't have any pics when I updated the other 2 girls yesterday but I took some today so I will update on her now. She's just started week 11 of flowering. I have been checking the trichomes, but so far most remain clear/cloudy with some sugar leaves showing early amber but most not. Overall the plant is in the senescence stage. I am just going run with it at this point. In hindsight I would have done more top dressings of Blood n Bone aiming to keep a bit more green in the leaves, but now given that harvest is probably 2 weeks away at the most, I feel it is too late to be top dressing at this point. That'll be something to consider when I re-amend the containers in the off season.

Tomorrow, I'll give all girls another bug spray, probably just of Dr Bronner's Castille soap before the expected rain to come in the following days, hopefully that helps in a bit of bud washing!

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.:surf:

Stunger,

Exciting to see your plants in late flowering! Wonderful grow!

I am also getting excited to grow the Gorilla Glue Auto here in California. It'll be a balcony grow like yours, outdoors with sunlight about 6 or 8 hours per day.

Your plant has now had about 100 days from seed. That's 14 weeks. Robert of 420 states even at 6 or 8 weeks you could harvest this, so I guess 8 weeks is possible. But I see on growdiaries that many folks let this strain go for different times, maybe 8 weeks and up to 14 weeks. It has great reviews.

It was your photos that sold me on this. Please post a smoke report about the effect when possible, thanks!

...Actually just a few days ago I was told that my chilli plants were really getting big.:morenutes: I wont be able to keep up the pretense of that one for much longer, and will need to come up with some sort of plan B to address that. But if the referendum comes thru then hopefully that wont be an issue!

All you can do there is be friendly and try to assess the risk.

I am also getting excited to grow the Gorilla Glue Auto here in California. It'll be a balcony grow like yours, outdoors with sunlight about 6 or 8 hours per day.

Your plant has now had about 100 days from seed. That's 14 weeks. Robert of 420 states even at 6 or 8 weeks you could harvest this, so I guess 8 weeks is possible. But I see on growdiaries that many folks let this strain go for different times, maybe 8 weeks and up to 14 weeks. It has great reviews.

I have grown GGAs that didn't start flowering until after 9 weeks from germination. They are not the quickest of autos.

I have grown GGAs that didn't start flowering until after 9 weeks from germination. They are not the quickest of autos.

Good to know. Some of the grow diaries indicated flowering starting as early as 4 weeks. I wonder if autos might grow differently at different season times, like early Spring compared to mid- or late Summer?

Back
Top Bottom