Pat Gets Hairy With A Gorilla

I would consider adding fish bone meal and blood meal to that as well as some bat guano (or bird guano) and some epsom salt and some Dolomite Lime (helps stabilize pH) at a minimum to your recipe if they have it available over there. You will also need to cook your soil to allow the microbes time to break stuff down. I recommend getting a tarp, spreading everything on it and mix it up well with a flat shovel. Spray it relatively lightly a couple times as you mix it up with some water and then put into trash cans or buckets with lids (don't want a shit ton of bugs in your dirt) and let it set in the sun for 40-50 days to cook. From there you should be good. Hit me up if you have any questions brother, will be glad to give you some assistance.

Evenin Stank, Pat and friends, I am surprised at all the suggestions for soil additives. Have you got any idea,...at all of what all those things do? For one thing Dolomite Lime is the wrong kind of lime to be using in containers. Dolomite Lime is approx. 50% Calcium, 40-45% Magnesium, and a few other things. That's a lot of Mg. It's made from Calcium,Magnesium Carbonate Not good for your/our purposes. You should be using AgLime, which made from Calcium Carbonate with no Mg. Too much Mg in a soil will create and give you problems you will have no idea why , they are occurring. All kinds of symptoms will appear. Anyhow , if i seem abrupt , it's cuz i don't want growers around these parts making mistakes unnecessarily. Remember , all the stuff you put in the soil , has an effect , sometimes not always what you expect. Cheers Stank , Pat and friends.

Thank you for understanding,..means a lot sir! The BT was a good crop, thanks btw! That soil should do you well all by itself with a lite feeding schedule. Try and stick to a fish based product for feeds, make sure to use RO , or Distilled for watering, and you will be fine. No need to load the soil up with stuff. You would be surprised at just how well it can do all by itself . Sure you could add this and that but you have to realize , it's not necessarily what you put in the soil ,..but at what ratios .Without knowing what things do , and what effect they have , it's a guessing game.
What did your friend Justin Hemp put in his batch of that soil....you said he's having great results..
Anyhow , have a great night and Fri Pat...cheers.:high-five:

Evenin Stank, Pat and friends, I am surprised at all the suggestions for soil additives. Have you got any idea,...at all of what all those things do? For one thing Dolomite Lime is the wrong kind of lime to be using in containers. Dolomite Lime is approx. 50% Calcium, 40-45% Magnesium, and a few other things. That's a lot of Mg. It's made from Calcium,Magnesium Carbonate Not good for your/our purposes. You should be using AgLime, which made from Calcium Carbonate with no Mg. Too much Mg in a soil will create and give you problems you will have no idea why , they are occurring. All kinds of symptoms will appear. Anyhow , if i seem abrupt , it's cuz i don't want growers around these parts making mistakes unnecessarily. Remember , all the stuff you put in the soil , has an effect , sometimes not always what you expect. Cheers Stank , Pat and friends.

Thanks for the input Duggan. Yes I do know what I am recommending does to the soil. You are correct, if you are not careful the Dolomite Lime in conjunction with the Epsom Salt can drive the Magnesium levels too high, especially if you add anything else for Magnesium. I don't add much of either to my soil before cooking it, less than 1/4 cup of Epsom salt and 1/3 cup of Dolomite Lime for more than 60 gallons of soil so there is little to no risk of too much Magnesium from those two amendments in that quantity alone. It also helps to keep pH up if there is any risk of the pH dropping too low.

So to Duggan's point, yes it can be a potential pitfall if you use it in excess. And you can certainly you the alternative lime Duggan recommended. Always more than one way to skin a cat.

Always brother. What I like about this soil is that it is already cooked and mixed up by the farm which is great. No guessing at all. I guess additives is just an extra, not needed but will make a positive difference and perhaps give the plants a boost :passitleft: how is your ATF harvest treating you man??

I would give it a go as is then brother. Sounds similar to the KindSoil.....they recommend adding nothing. I didn't realize it was a premixed recipe, I thought you were making from scratch. I always recommend following the 'manufacturer's directions' the first time on almost anything

As for the ATF, I have only smoked it once so far.....been digging the Durban Poison and Blueberry (since they were harvested first and the ATF is still curing). I freaking love that Durban! I swear its like Espresso!!

I am not 100% sure of what he puts in, but his plants made a great recovery brother. Think he is using the EM Pro-soil, Hulmic and Fulvic acid, Amino Acid, not sure of the other things brother. Atm would tap water be sufficient or does it have to be RO water? My 2200L water tank I placed up is almost filled to the brim so might use some of that once in a while. Trying to save it for next summer as we pretty fucked on water draught here. That's my thing brother keep it simple and then it will still have good results.
420-magazine-mobile1972297432.jpg

This is JustinHemp's plants atm. He flipped them to 12/12 today :party:

I use tap water pH'd down to 6.3-7.0 via earthjuice crystals (won't fuck up your good stuff in the soil like most pH up or down will) since my tap water is about 9.1. The earthjuice crystals are literally the only thing I have to add to my water throughout the whole grow process. The soil has everything else in it.

So it would be bad to use pH down for the soil? It would not be much though. 4/5 drops at most with feed and less with just water in 6/8L

I can't say for sure....having never tried it. I can tell you this.....when using the kindsoil, the only warning he gives is to not use pH Up or pH Down as he says it will hurt the beneficial microbes in the soil...the good guys so to speak. His recommendations were EarthJuice crystals in this link :

Amazon.com : HydroOrganics HOH84022 Earth Juice Natural Down Germination Kit, 1.6-Pound : Plant Germination Kits : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I used it during my grow with KindSoil and I didn't have a single issue my entire grow. I have continued using it in conjunction with my soil I made and have been using on the grow with the clones taken. Here is the tent now. So again, no issues at all with the soil or using tap water with the earth juice crystals.

081717_Tent_1.jpg

081717_Tent_2.jpg

They have worked great for me on the two grows I have used them. Was tough finding out how much was needed per gallon, but now its easy....a little goes a very long way!

Buds smelling like coffee...damn that's something to strive for bru :bravo: I think if I had buds like that I wouldn't want to share :rofl::rofl:

Bubba kush ive tried tastes like a dark roast coffee.

Here is another link for you Pat.....for an organic soil recipe. Again, might be easier to just go with the pre-made stuff if you don't do a lot of plants or grows. But that cost will add up (for me it was the cost of the product plus the cost of the shipping that made it more than I wanted to pay and caused me to research my own recipe so that in the long run it will be much cheaper) and this is a fairly cheap recipe compared to some and by all accounts, its supposed to be pretty reliable and simple to grow in.

How to Grow with Organic Super Soil: Just Add Water! (plus super soil recipe) | Grow Weed Easy

Yeah you should be fine then. See for me....growing 5 plants....plus clones is too expensive to keep buying the KindSoil. Its cheaper for me to buy all the stuff for the soil, mix my own and use as I need. Next time I will reduce my recipe size by half again I think. Gonna take me a while to use 60 gallons of soil!

Hey Pat, I'm convinced you will get absolute great results. This is my plants 20 days ago.

420-magazine-mobile1311963390.jpg

This is them now.

420-magazine-mobile1944350475.jpg

420-magazine-mobile266263202.jpg

Amazing turnaround using the FF soil and like I said I have only been using the pro soil and the and the Amino/Fulvic/humic mix at 1/3 of the strength needed.

You got this mate.

They sure look tastey JH, are you swinging by me on Saturday so we can get my girl sorted out? I think once I get it dailed in and such then I will be happy. I am not sure if I should buy the Humic also or if the Fulvic is sufficient
Can make a plan to pop around, will confirm tomorrow on the time.

Pat, I use the humic in coco, fulvic is a great foliar, especially if you mix it with seaweed extract, clones love it.
I do every second feed in coco with humic, helps big time for nutrient uptake. I never use silica for anything other than to raise my ph if I need a couple points. ✌️✌️

Pat, you can use Greensand as a soil amendment, its got a lot of trace minerals in it and is an excellent source of potassium and natural silica. You can essentially ditch adding silica if you throw some greensand in your soil as well. I know a lot of people that grow with bottled nutes love to add silica, but the greensand will do that an more. Keep that filed away in your soil handbook for when you decide to start mixing your own.

Back
Top Bottom