PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

And a few packs of dollar store pipe cleaners.. :ganjamon:
You will need one flange that transitions the filter to the fan...u will see when u get them.Make sure to put them together properly with no air leaks and keep the bends and 90's at a minimum too. I believe the filter or fan comes with a gasket...be sure to use it. Also ..dont wait for the prefilter to get all black and dirty before you change or wash it ok.....change it often.Thus will prolong the life if the filter. Also , when sweeping up around your tent make sure to turn the fan/filter off to avoid getting unwanted dust and crap in your nice ,new filter.
Hope this helps PC...cheers eh.

You will need one flange that transitions the filter to the fan...u will see when u get them.Make sure to put them together properly with no air leaks and keep the bends and 90's at a minimum too. I believe the filter or fan comes with a gasket...be sure to use it. Also ..dont wait for the prefilter to get all black and dirty before you change or wash it ok.....change it often.Thus will prolong the life if the filter. Also , when sweeping up around your tent make sure to turn the fan/filter off to avoid getting unwanted dust and crap in your nice ,new filter.
That helps a bunch Thanks :thumb: this will be my first tent etc. so any tips are helpful and things I might not have done other wise Thanks again

I am also Very fortunate you are following along I know I will have questions along the way doing Docs kit, it sounds simple though so I don't think it will be too much, Also with this being my first ever tent grow and only my second grow ever I will need lots of help with other things as well. There are some Great Growers and people following along that I am thankful to have here on my Grow Journal. This is FUN !

What Mars COBs are 2 for 1??
The sale is over now but their CREE COB lights were 2 for 1 so I grabed 2 for a total of 4 lights they should work fine for my new 5X5 Mars tent

Dang thought you mentioned the sale was on earlier today. Where did you snag em up from, got a link? They are sponsors here so its cool to post a link
I bought them a couple weeks ago I got them from the Mars Hydro site Mars Hydro CREE COB led grow light - Mars Hydro they showed up 2 for 1 when they were on sale but not now Sorry :( I was asking Sara about the SP250 and she told me about the sale a couple weeks ago. I am So glad she did.:snowboating: I'm not sure what their sale is now......

Thanks I'll check it out, his journal moves along about as fast as this one does. Hard to keep up. lol

I've been running COBs with QB boards filling in and 1/2 and 1/2 COBs with QB in VEG.

Thanks I'll check it out, his journal moves along about as fast as this one does. Hard to keep up. lol

I've been running COBs with QB boards filling in and 1/2 and 1/2 COBs with QB in VEG.
Nice, building them is better I'm sure I didn't want to mess with building them though so I went with the ones I got that and because of the sale. How does your COB lights do ? these will be my first lights, I have never done an indoor grow so this is all Greek to me but I am slowly catching on Lol. This is a new journal he is doing only on page three at the moment but I am sure it will move a long fast.

Been running Timber COBs for a while now. Several years. They work great. I'm just looking at adding some more lighting to go along with the COBs.

I get like 1.3g/watt dried trimmed and in the cans pretty consistently. With the red spectrum I added I get faster finish times as well.

Been running Timber COBs for a while now. Several years. They work great. I'm just looking at adding some more lighting to go along with the COBs.

I get like 1.3g/watt dried trimmed and in the cans pretty consistently. With the red spectrum I added I get faster finish times as well.
The Mars COB lights have added red spectrum Oarsman leds I hope they help, that was my concern with COBs but Sara says they will do Very well with the added spectrum. This grow will tell I guess :passitleft:

Wow 1.3 grams per watt That's Great ! :thumb: I hope mine do that well

RED is the new white. My grow room looks like Mars lol but not the one in Asia. The one in the sky! It works great and there's some science in there to back it up.

I looked into it several years ago and thats when I went with the 1750K COB pucks in my flower room. Plants really take off for me as soon as they get in flower.

Helps to have bigger pots and Coots mix! lol

Nothing but water! Its huge - think of my costs. I bought my ingredients for the coots mix in 2014. I still have most of it in containers.

Just use the soil over and over and amend very lightly with EWC and Kelp meal. Maybe a tbs or 2 of rock dust every few years and malted barley.

The malted barley is about the only thing I purchase annually. That and pest control stuff.

RED is the new white. My grow room looks like Mars lol but not the one in Asia. The one in the sky! It works great and there's some science in there to back it up.

I looked into it several years ago and thats when I went with the 1750K COB pucks in my flower room. Plants really take off for me as soon as they get in flower.

Helps to have bigger pots and Coots mix! lol
I will also be using Coots mix Wow our grow environment is close to the same. I am also doing Subcools super soil and Doc Buds kit That's Cool

Nothing but water! Its huge - think of my costs. I bought my ingredients for the coots mix in 2014. I still have most of it in containers.

Just use the soil over and over and amend very lightly with EWC and Kelp meal. Maybe a tbs or 2 of rock dust every few years and malted barley.

The malted barley is about the only thing I purchase annually. That and pest control stuff.
Wow our grow environments are going to be similar. I got the coots mix cooking it came with 25 cups of Barley so I am good on that for a while. I will also be doing Subcools super soil and Doc Buds kit too. My soil should last, I also got some Boggie Brew Compost Tea to mix up aerate and feed I also have all the amendments for when I need to amend the soil. The Doc Buds soil they say to use 4 times but others have kept it going far longer I hope I can keep it going and will not have to mix more soil but if I have to redo soil for the Doc Buds soil I will.

I added some R spec QB boards this run. I thought it was finishing faster than usual. Lol :headbanger: Good info

I also need those pipe cleaners Lol but yeah they will be helpful :snowboating: LST up coming

Back
Top Bottom