PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

grow journal in my sig - its the "perpetual" one the first one

"Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual "

The other 1 got lost when there was a computer migration several years ago.

Just skip to the end the pictures are the best part.

For the different soil mixes you are using. Doc Buds is probably going to be the easiest since its better documented and easier for some folks to follow.

I'm a hands off type of grower. Like to dig a hole plant a plant and LITFA and harvest.

Coots mix works with no-till style growing and thats how I do it. I like to make compost and dig up worm castings.

Lots of folks like to fiddle and measure this and that. I come from an organic growing back round basically been growing this way for all my life so measure this and that for a plant isn't my cup of tea.

Just different ways for different people. Its a process folks have to figure out what works best for them.

MY goal is to be 100% sustainable including electricity. we are about there. All we gotta do is move into our new place. We have 25kw solar array and geothermal.

At current place we are spending about $100/month on lighting.

A no till LOS is what I was shooting for and I stumbled onto docs thread and it looked so interesting I couldn't help myself. It should be pretty simple over all I am hoping ;) Just follow Docs plan then feed a little compost tea to the other soils and I should be set until next grow when I will add what you said before Kelp etc. and recharge Docs soil then do another run, That's my hopes any way. I will be following your journal too so I get lots of good info along the way. Living off the grid would be so cool or at least to be self sustained on electric that would be Great.

Be sure to let us all know wat system u like best ...after u harvest. :slide:
Will do From you seasoned growers that have turned to the kit I think it will be docs kit. I wish I would have got onto it before I bought all the stuff for the other soils but it will probably take a few runs for me to really know, Which I am sure you already know but I do like the idea of a LOS just seems so simple just water and maybe some AACT actually Emilya turned me onto Recharge she says Great things about it with a LOS so after I use up my compost tea I will buy some of it and give Recharge a try. I have seen Great things from different sources as a new grower I am trying to keep to the KISS program, Keep it simple stupid …………. I will have more then one thing going but they should all be simple to work. I hope so anyway. :passitleft: As they say Plan your work then Work you plan

Ya...sometimes growers just have to go thru that process. I know wat it's like bud. No worriez.

These other methods and soils work, don't get me wrong OK. I know cuz i've tried them. My reasons for using Doc's gear are quite plentiful. TBH , the only thing that gets me a lil pissed, are the friggen shipping prices from Doc, to me, here in Canada. Other than that , i believe his system, his 'kit' as it's known is far superior . The main difference is, Doc's soil has been tested and 'worked' on by the 'Lab' and he , himself over years, who also has a degree in 'Botany' . There is science behind it , most of the guess work has been removed . You've heard this speech before....:passitleft:
Those plants u got goin there...gonna put a hellava lotta smiles , on a hellava lotta faces.:headbanger:
After they get this , next , first drink. One of my favorite times in the grow. It's like they can't wait to get movin. Fun/good times Seedling.:high-five:...Waddaya wanna give em first....GI or Transplant.....:surf:....does it really matter ......:passitleft:

Ya...sometimes growers just have to go thru that process. I know wat it's like bud. No worriez.

These other methods and soils work, don't get me wrong OK. I know cuz i've tried them. My reasons for using Doc's gear are quite plentiful. TBH , the only thing that gets me a lil pissed, are the friggen shipping prices from Doc, to me, here in Canada. Other than that , i believe his system, his 'kit' as it's known is far superior . The main difference is, Doc's soil has been tested and 'worked' on by the 'Lab' and he , himself over years, who also has a degree in 'Botany' . There is science behind it , most of the guess work has been removed . You've heard this speech before....:passitleft:
Those plants u got goin there...gonna put a hellava lotta smiles , on a hellava lotta faces.:headbanger:
After they get this , next , first drink. One of my favorite times in the grow. It's like they can't wait to get movin. Fun/good times Seedling.:high-five:...Waddaya wanna give em first....GI or Transplant.....:surf:....does it really matter ......:passitleft:
From what I have read on docs post you really cant mess it up too bad and if you do there are work arounds that the community will help with. I do think I will like docs kit best. and from what else I have read the second and third run is even better so I am expecting Great things from it Now for the seeds Dam more stuff to spend money on. My next perches will be Sweet Tooth and Candida I want to run that with some of my Blue Dream and Gold Leaf I may run a couple strains I got gifted from a Very generous member You know who you are ………… :surf:

Crap on a Stick this journal moves fast, Go to an appointment come back and its 3 pages in :rofl: :rofl:

Anyway going back 3 pages

Good morning. When u buy /get your fan /filter combo , i highly recomend over sizing them...go to a 6 inch set up.
U will not regret it. When oversizing that combo u can run it at 65 to 85 % of maximum and you will be a happy grower.
Cheers.
Hey Sky...that is why i told him to get a speed controller...so he can dial things down a bit.
That recomendation by me is a perfect set up for a 5 x5 tent run at between 65 and 80 % of max.
A 4 inch will have to be run at 100 % cutting down the combos life expectancy ,being too noisy, and clogging up the filter far to soon.cheers.

I wanted to mention if you add a "KILL A WATT" (15 dollars or so) meter in line before the SPEED CONTROLLER
You will be able to adjust the fan within 0.01 Amps. and be able to go back to the EXACT setting when things are in
need of a temporary adjustment. I like to keep things so close it hurts

What Mars COBs are 2 for 1??
If your looking for a discount mars hydro sell refurbished on eBay come with a 3 year warranty
Don't know if they have the model you need

Crap on a Stick this journal moves fast, Go to an appointment come back and its 3 pages in :rofl: :rofl:

I wanted to mention if you add a "KILL A WATT" (15 dollars or so) meter in line before the SPEED CONTROLLER
You will be able to adjust the fan within 0.01 Amps. and be able to go back to the EXACT setting when things are in

Gazoo,....u need to relax.....seriously...here, take this.. :passitleft:..:rofl:

Gazoo,....u need to relax.....seriously...here, take this.. :passitleft:..:rofl:

Oh did I sound Excited ? just got back from Talking to my Storage unit Manager and
when I left she was crying :( Raised my rent 15% last week and this week they bring a
fire inspector who tells me I have to remove 25% of my unit, can only go 9 feet high now
after 10 years Oh its a 12 foot Unit and Saturday I was told I had 24 hours to fix it or get fined.
Was perfectly fine when I moved in even had it approved but now they dont remember that

Oh did I sound Excited ? just got back from Talking to my Storage unit Manager and
when I left she was crying :( Raised my rent 15% last week and this week they bring a
fire inspector who tells me I have to remove 25% of my unit, can only go 9 feet high now
after 10 years Oh its a 12 foot Unit and Saturday I was told I had 24 hours to fix it or get fined.
Was perfectly fine when I moved in even had it approved but now they dont remember that
Dam what you gonna do, Take some of it out or move to a different storage place ?

The fan I bought has the speed controller wired into the plug I guess I could cut the cord and wire one in :surf:

Dam what you gonna do, Take some of it out or move to a different storage place ?

Thats exactly what I had to do STOP everything, go rent another unit and start moving
on the spare of the moment. Really Pissed since I had tried to get the manager to look at it
during the week to let me know if it was still OK. Answer was Nothing has changes since you
moved in and I am to busy to take a look.

And I am the bad guy in all this, Accused of being RUDE ? Told her they should be happy thats
all I was

The fan I bought has the speed controller wired into the plug I guess I could cut the cord and wire one in :surf:

No you dont have to cut the plug they use the regular standard Plug.
Plug Kill a Watt meter into any wall socked plug Speed control into the Kill a watt
meter and the Fan into the speed controller.

Actually in your case since the fan has its own speed controller you would only need
to plug the fan into the Kill a Watt meter at the power socket

Gazoo....you and me have the same kinda luck....are there any other storage places u can change too...and do u have a truck or wat it takes to get a move done...
I apologize for saying 'relax'.
Hope things get better for ya soon..... :high-five:

Ha Ha I was amazed how perceptive you were :goodjob: Did not realize it was Still Oozing out :rofl::rofl:

Sold my Truck a couple years ago so using my van. All ready ripped the head liner :( Lucky there
was another available unit about a half mile up the road. There are 196 barrels i can fit in the new
unit, 13 barrels per trip so 15 trips. The rest I will give away

Oh and the new cost is less than half with a FREE month move in special. Its 2nd floor :(

Half done

thats 7 barrels across, 7 barrels deep, 4 barrels high
7 x 7 = 49 each level. 4 levels. barrels are 2.5 feet high each so 10 foot high
was told only 9 feet can be used

Attachments

• unit.jpg
    unit.jpg
    654.3 KB · Views: 18
Ha Ha I was amazed how perceptive you were :goodjob: Did not realize it was Still Oozing out :rofl::rofl:

Sold my Truck a couple years ago so using my van. All ready ripped the head liner :( Lucky there
was another available unit about a half mile up the road. There are 196 barrels i can fit in the new
unit, 13 barrels per trip so 15 trips. The rest I will give away

Oh and the new cost is less than half with a FREE month move in special. Its 2nd floor :(

Half done

thats 7 barrels across, 7 barrels deep, 4 barrels high
7 x 7 = 49 each level. 4 levels. barrels are 2.5 feet high each so 10 foot high
was told only 9 feet can be used
Dam I would be angered too If I were you I would rent a u haul truck and move it Much less trips and probably easier in the long run

Back
Top Bottom