Pennywise Strikes Again

My only assessment was I have had good luck with G13 strains and there C99 is fire. Isn't brother Grimms Cinderella 99, the reason G13 had to change the name(my old package said Cinderella 99 from G13, before the name change to C99). G13 has been good to me over the years, but wasn't any reflection on Cinderella 99 or Brothers Grimm, I haven't had the pleasure of his gear so no judgment either way.

I have ran GLR in the past with no issues with hermies, stating that your plants Might herm out because of a light routine is a bold statement(when many people have used the routine No Problem to save on cost). You said you "thought" the seeds were stable insinuates they were suspect. No judgment from me, but I know for a FACT GLR works.
I grew a lot of plants with that seed stock, all very uniform and fast growing. I used GLR one of the cycles and that was the only time I’d ever seen a hermie out of the 30 seeds I popped. GLR definitely caused it. I said “thought” because I had not seen any reason to think otherwise up until that point. I know for a fact your plants can hermie if you use GLR cause I’ve seen it happen.

cinderella 99 is C99. And Cinderella 99 was bred by Mr. Soul of Brothers Grimm. G13 is just selling their version of it. They probably made S1s of something they got from Mr Soul. True BX3 examples come from the original stock

You are way off base bud... I was never comparing the two strains(Try to keep up.. your Google search is a FAIL)... and C99 and Cinderella 99... aren't the same... C99 is a nickname for Cinderella 99 (when there was a name discrepancy)sort of like Cindy 99 is a nickname for Cinderella 99. This is why Blimburn is Cindy 99, G13 is C99, and Cinderella 99(Again my G13 package said Cinderella 99 before change) is the original name(Brother's Grimm). You can try to blame your problems on a light regimen(maybe you ran it incorrectly, how is that the schedules fault), but spouting nonsense like it's the Gospel is wreckless and irresponsible. Without real evidence and or proof... you are spreading rumors(from your personal feelings). I've grown hundreds of seeds feminized, regular, you name it, and I've NEVER experienced a hermie. You can take your negativity and your judgmental attitude somewhere else... or check you EGO at the door. There was never a comparison of G13 to Brothers Grimm(or there names for that matter), all fabricated from YOU.

You are way off base bud... I was never comparing the two strains(Try to keep up.. your Google search is a FAIL)... and C99 and Cinderella 99... aren't the same... C99 is a nickname for Cinderella 99 (when there was a name discrepancy)sort of like Cindy 99 is a nickname for Cinderella 99. This is why Blimburn is Cindy 99, G13 is C99, and Cinderella 99(Again my G13 package said Cinderella 99 before change) is the original name(Brother's Grimm). You can try to blame your problems on a light regimen(maybe you ran it incorrectly, how is that the schedules fault), but spouting nonsense like it's the Gospel is wreckless and irresponsible. Without real evidence and or proof... you are spreading rumors(from your personal feelings). I've grown hundreds of seeds feminized, regular, you name it, and I've NEVER experienced a hermie. You can take your negativity and your judgmental attitude somewhere else... or check you EGO at the door. There was never a comparison of G13 to Brothers Grimm(or there names for that matter), all fabricated from YOU.
Uh? They’re not two strains? They’re the same strain and the breeder is Brothers Grimm. Check seed finder, the lineage is identical. I’m not being negative or judgemental. I’m stating facts based on observations. You want proof? Here hermied male cause of GLR

i've got a cinderella 99 on the way. Got any female pics

Uh? They’re not two strains? They’re the same strain and the breeder is Brothers Grimm. Check seed finder, the lineage is identical. I’m not being negative or judgemental. I’m stating facts based on observations. You want proof? Here hermied male cause of GLR
You really are hard headed and don't get it... THIS whole Mountain of a mole hill situation is all you and your Ego whether you want to see it or not. If G13 has there own "version" of a strain.. IT's not exactly the same as the original... therefore... it's NOT the same. I never asked for your so called proof(are you a scientist.. doubt it)... I myself and Many others have ran GLR with no issues(Veg and flower). In flower, you are just shaving a hour off of the light schedule(or half hour increments of less light)... How would that cause your problem! More darkness is not going to cause hermies PERIOD. Running 11/13 or even 10/14 at the end of the cycle always kills the regrowth and pours on the frost. We as humans tend to blame problems on something or someone... rather than see it for what it is. Sorry man, your observations don't make it a FACT. It sucks you had a bad experience, I would look for light leaks or another stress factor. Stating more darkness caused your problem is Asinine and reaching for an answer why you hermed out. All the best in your future grows... I really do want you to be successful... 12/12 works... I would stick with that schedule. :peace:

You really are hard headed and don't get it... THIS whole Mountain of a mole hill situation is all you and your Ego whether you want to see it or not. If G13 has there own "version" of a strain.. IT's not exactly the same as the original... therefore... it's NOT the same. I never asked for your so called proof(are you a scientist.. doubt it)... I myself and Many others have ran GLR with no issues(Veg and flower). In flower, you are just shaving a hour off of the light schedule(or half hour increments of less light)... How would that cause your problem! More darkness is not going to cause hermies PERIOD. Running 11/13 or even 10/14 at the end of the cycle always kills the regrowth and pours on the frost. We as humans tend to blame problems on something or someone... rather than see it for what it is. Sorry man, your observations don't make it a FACT. It sucks you had a bad experience, I would look for light leaks or another stress factor. Stating more darkness caused your problem is Asinine and reaching for an answer why you hermed out. All the best in your future grows... I really do want you to be successful... 12/12 works... I would stick with that schedule.
You’re confusing genotype and phenotype. If G13 is selling their own phenotype of Cinderella 99 as C99, then yes it is slightly different, but it’s the same genotypical pool AKA same strain. No it’s not exactly the same as the original, but it’s not different enough to say it’s a different strain.

I pointed to GLR as the cause of the hermie cause I’ve grown 30 seeds of the same strain and had not seen a hermie up til that point. The only variable was the light schedule, so deductive reasoning would point in that direction. I’m not trying to say GLR isn’t a good method, just to provide a warning based on what my (Limited) experience with it was for the other people who are reading this. I would even say that the other 5 plants in the tent didn’t show any strange behavior while growing under GLR. I think we can all agree though, that If genetic instability exists in the genes, atypical light schedules will bring it out.

That's the whole thing though, you conjured this whole battle up... I merely said I've had good luck with G13 genetics and YOU brought up Brothers Grimm(repeating myself AGAIN)... remember... you quoted me(smoke another one)... stating if I wanted the real deal...

"Thing is, C99 isn’t a g13 strain.. if you want real examples of C99 you have to buy from the brothers’ Grimm stock"

I never agreed or disagreed(pheno/geno all your assumptions), you are really holding on to this for dear life for no reason friend. If they are in the same "genotype" then why did you make the above statement(if in fact they are exactly the same). I'm only going off of your reasoning here and your words. You just wanted me to know C99 was originally from Grimm? I didn't ask that question nor was it implied.

Still blaming GLR darkness...

We will just have to agree to Disagree on GLR Sir...

Back
Top Bottom