Photos' Strain Creation Journey - You Get To Choose

which male do we use to pollinate the elite Malawi gold Female for our first cross

• Misty

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Bubbas Gift

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • platinum huckleberry cookies pheno 1

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • platinum huckleberry cookies pheno 2

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Mutant platinum huckleberry cookies

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
true catnip , what we could do is , bubbas gift male x malawi gold .
on another branch of her do , misty male x malawi gold.

then we have bg x mg and misty x mg , grow all the seeds out and then cross bgxmg with mistyxmg creating a unison of the 3 yet keeping mg as around 50% and making bg and misty both around 25% each .

who likes this idea ,if so hit likes more than 13 likes and we take this angle , any and all opinions are very appreciatted i will only do what we all choose.

Truly something to think about here. Man, I only wanted to watch. Maybe vote. Now it's another decision to be made. Whaddya want from me ?
:laughtwo: Just kiddin round.
I personally think you should stick to the original plan. I mean this wasn't set in stone or anything and this is an effort on the parts of many so I would relinquish my position on this if the 13 likes go down. NP.

Would definitely be a very interesting and probably rewarding project no doubt about that. But maybe another thread ?

Okay ladies and gents n all others I hope I haven't been too opinionated. It's late and I think I am cranky. I would wake up the Mrs.'s and ask her if I am but I think she would out crank me if I tried to pull a move like that.:yikes:

Have a good day today everyone.

your thoughts whatever they be even if its some thing you might think is negative are welcome on this thread mate.

sorry everyone to clarify i meant ,if the above post gets more likes than any of the males get votes, i mentioned the number 13 only because bubbas gift is leading with 13 votes.

HI all,
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THE POTTING SOIL IM USING IS GOOD FOR THE PLANT IAM A BEGINNER GROWER THANKS IN ADVANCE
Here are the ingredients present in the potting mix(All 100% Organic) : Coir Pith, Vermiculite, 100% Organic (NPK Fertilizer, Humic Acid, Organic matter, Fe,Mn,B,Zn, Glutamic Acid, Methionine, Alanine, Folic Acid, Aspartic acid, Threonine, Serine, Leuci ne, Lysine, Histidine, Arginine,Proline, Glycine, Valine, Isoleucine, many more and Additives.

sounds great however its the ratios of all you mentioned that matter so without any idea of how much of what you have in there i cant help you mate .

true catnip , what we could do is , bubbas gift male x malawi gold .
on another branch of her do , misty male x malawi gold.

then we have bg x mg and misty x mg , grow all the seeds out and then cross bgxmg with mistyxmg creating a unison of the 3 yet keeping mg as around 50% and making bg and misty both around 25% each .

who likes this idea ,if so hit likes more than 13 likes and we take this angle , any and all opinions are very appreciatted i will only do what we all choose.

I LOVE this idea. Single branch pollination is so easy. Yeah, you get less seeds...but you get double bang for your buck with two different strain creations.
If I could get enough pollen from different males here, I want to try 3 or more different crosses on a single plant someday. So much to experiment with...so little time. LOL

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I "LIKE".

:circle-of-love:

Edit: And to be honest, after seeing that there has been more than one incident on the fem being male with BG, I'm a little concerned on that now too.

Okay I may have been a lil hasty earlier this morning. After sleepin on it, I have warmed to the idea of Multi strain Malawi Gold seed machine. I "LIKE"

I think you have hit on the plan now... seed her with all of your favorites on individual branches. Since it is a seed run anyway, might as well let her go for it and then you will see which of the crosses works... because they don't always produce something that is desirable. Sometimes a cross will give you great weight, but the thc content goes south... sometimes you get something that tastes like something rotted as it was growing... sometimes you get a total dud... and sometimes magic happens.

The really cool thing about crosses is that crossing breaks the stabilization and you open up the genetics from both parents, and phenos are likely to happen that closely resemble either of the parents, a true cross of them both (most likely) or pheno's from grand and great grandparents. It can be fascinating what will result, and has been one of the joys for me of creating seeds from good genetics. It is great fun starting a batch of 10 or 20 of these seeds, just to marvel over the variety that results... some good, some not so good, and some that turn out to be great surprises. Once you find a trait that you like, if you can identify the relative that provided that gene, you can cross your seeds back to that line and try to stabilize that trait or at least maximize the chances of it occurring in the next batch of seeds. Each of these that you produce, I would be crossing back to another run of Malawi to draw out more of those genetics in the future. You have a great run ahead of you... keep good notes!

thanks emilya thats exactly what ive been doing to create my other strains ! ,you know your stuff .

i love how every one is having a say ,thankyou and again i can only do what we all want to our MG so please keep this up and everyone let me know what you think !

There are only two days to go until the poll closes on the male to Malawi cross vote, so in case anyone missed the post on the idea of multiple branch crossing on Malawi, you would have to hit the "like" button on that post to vote yes for the idea.
Here's Photo's post on that:

Photos' Strain Creation Journey - You Get To Choose

:circle-of-love:

Edit: I don't know why that link won't go directly the post. I've tried twice. Anyway...you gotta hit like on that one. LOL

:thumb::passitleft:
Ty for doin this.

:thumb::passitleft:
Ty for doin this.

theres a certain little fact ill tell you all after the vote is done , theres a chance my dad may be voting from "upstairs"!

Back
Top Bottom