Plushberry Grow: Search For A New Go to Gal

:ciao:KiefTreefarms! Michigander here too. :)
I'm going to go back and read through your journal. Looks great!

This isn't a normal run but should be worth the ride, glad to have ya along.

10 was last to root and doesn't appear to like water so the from seed was transplanted into a 2 gal rose pot and added to the bloom room. After looking at the roots I decided I didn't have much time left in these containers so 4&8 we're put in 2 gal rose pots and 1, 5,&6 are now in 3 gal commerce pots. The clones all look good although 10 is slow, spindly and doesn't seem to uptake well from soilless mediums. The clones are approx 8-10" at the moment and starting to form flowers. Have a few pics will try to update tonight/early morning.

I promised pics so.............:roorrip:
Before the transplant
DCFC00013.JPG

No.10 from seed after transplant in flower tent
DCFC00064.JPG

No.'s 1, 4, 5, 6,&8 from seed in veg tent
DCFC00082.JPG

The clones in flower
DCFC00037.JPG

Currently feed 15min every 3hrs
~800ppm@5.8-5.9ph. Advanced nutes (mostly)
77-79ºf / 32-36% rh daytime
67-68ºf / 38-42% rh nighttime
600 Watts (running only one hood)
Chiller@68º

And what I'm smoking on Big Buddha Blue Cheese so tasty
20131122_123053.jpg

cheese is one of my favorites.

plants look great, they're coming along nicely.

800 ppm is way too high.

I really don't believe 800ppm is that high but I'll check and see how or if they are eating tomorrow. If not I'll water down the mix a bit, if they are eating well I'll let it ride. Concerns always welcome. Also there's a thread on here on good hydro ppm's I though it was a good read although it only reinforced my view. Was going to share a post from it but as I've said before I'm older and computer illiterate.

Welcome Blaze yes vanilla can be very sedative I like the taste of one I tried, and it was more like the description. It's probably selection as I've had it more of a knock out from another source and wasn't as impressive in taste either. I found a seed in the one I like and will know soon how it came out as its Only a month to go in flower. I got lucky on my Apollo bagseed it was a keeper so I'm hoping the vk is like mom.

After a proper cure the VK has turned into a fantastic smoke. A very narcotic stone. Smoke too much, and you can't walk straight. LOL! Did I read correctly... you have a VK in flower at the moment?

After a proper cure the VK has turned into a fantastic smoke. A very narcotic stone. Smoke too much, and you can't walk straight. LOL! Did I read correctly... you have a VK in flower at the moment?
A while back I shut my rooms down and that plant I have to a friend to run a clone and see if we got a winner as we share strains seeds clones etc. . Last he updated me she was~3.5 weeks in and already the nastiest gal in the room visually with a mix of lemon vanilla and slight floral scent. So yes and no lol yes I have access and will run and possibly keep clones, no she's not in my new room yet. No room with all the plushberry; have cuts/mother's of blue cheese, apollo, purple haze, ecsd x alien og, and ghost cut that a few of us share.

Wow! You're a lucky man. Those are some killer strains.

My VK had a bit of a shitty smell in flower. Now that it has cured a bit, it smells like a mixture of something rotten + coffee + something medicinal, like the smell of a dentists room. There is a definite citrus taste on the exhale though.

Been a lot of hunting and running out some junk to get to here, we're fairly happy with the selection as we recently whittled it down to those and started looking for the next great thing. Got a vanilla haze bean on order will drop it as soon as I get it. I'm hoping its got a vanilla taste and a creeping haze high. Purple wreck sounds good, apothecary seeds sour grapes is a dank red wine grape tasting purple hybrid if you like purples.

Yeah, the Purple Wreck is a definite winner. So much so, that I bought quite a few strains from DNA/Reserva as a result. I've noticed from looking at other grows, that Trainwreck seems to dominate when crossed with other strains. At least in the looks department. There seems to be a very uniform look of strains with Trainwreck in it. Take that with a pinch of salt though, as it is just based on casual observation. If I am right though, would I be correct in assuming Trainwreck is a good strain to breed with?

In your opinion, what are some popular strains people should stay away from because they just don't deliver as promised?

Happy thanksgiving to you too bud! Here in South Africa we don't really celebrate Thanksgiving, but my friends and I are getting together tonight for a thanksgiving dinner. Should be good.

I'd say trainwreck is used for its all around appeal it has taste, structure/weight, and good quality. We were hunting phenos and running a lot of f1's from many breeders and some worked genetics also. We had bad luck with sensi seeds really a disapointment i thought as long as they've been around must be quality, ran a lot of gage green gear and I don't feel they live up to the hype, but I believe you can find really special phenos in his stuff just good luck I don't have the room to run 100 from seed to find one keeper. I had the worst luck with bc bud depot bought purple buddha, the big, and the black still running the black out but found nothing in either of the aforementioned full packs (11seeds each i believe)
We had good luck with cannaventure, tga, positronics, big buddha, dna, kc brains (was ok), de shamans or whatever its called was decent also.
If have to look up my post order history to pin point but off the top of my head.^
Many say tga has herms I personally have only had trouble with a freebie Chernobyl seed, but out of a full pack of gage green lemon stomper I had one true female and three herms rest were male. The one female ok taste kind of like a lemon thai, soaring high, and good yield also gangly and very very heat sensitive.

Happy thanksgiving to you too bud! Here in South Africa we don't really celebrate Thanksgiving, but my friends and I are getting together tonight for a thanksgiving dinner. Should be good.

Right on.

Thanks for that info bud. I haven't heard of some of those breeders. I get all my stuff from Bonza or Greensmokeroom (South African site). Just picked up some fem Durban Poison (dutch passion). I can't wait to try my hand at LST on those girls.

Your post does confirm what I've heard and experienced about DNA/Reserva Privada. I'm hoping the Purple Wreck wasn't a fluke, and that the OG crosses I got from them are just as good.

I've heard some terrible reviews about Barneys Farm, but the VK I grew delivered. So I can't complain.

Would love to try some TGA gear as well. Maybe my next order should be from Attitude seed bank, as they stock his gear.

Back
Top Bottom