ProfessorFlora Presents: The Flowering Inferno

We have another tent emptied of its inhabitants. Last night's takedown took longer than the last harvest and I didn't finish up until around 2am. It was much more awkward and the plants were stupid sticky as I'm going to call it. It is done now though and today I just have to wash last night's round and then hopefully I can relax a little. First here is the first round all washed and drying....

And here are the final pics from the second tent....

Some extra pics....

Quick break in the harvest shenanigans to show you a glimpse of the future.
I got myself a pack of Purple Urkle from @Weed Seeds Express. I'm thinking about running these in a dedicated journal. An easy to follow journal with no other strains or distractions.
Also the seeds came with a free t-shirt. That's pretty awesome. I'm mean it's doomed already. Its white so if I go within a meter of one of the kids it'll end up stained by whatever they're occupying themselves with. It's the thought though....

Good morning, Prof.

May I ask why you wash the buds on your indoor plants? I understand the purpose for outdoor growers but I'm not sure about indoor growers.

Good morning, Prof.

May I ask why you wash the buds on your indoor plants? I understand the purpose for outdoor growers but I'm not sure about indoor growers.
Hey HG. I just finished washing the last of the flowers and thought I'd show you why I do it. I didn't get any good pics though. The flash on the camera seems to hide the greasy film which covers the surface of the water. Indoor plants do get very dirty though. Dust, cat hairs, clothing fibres, insects and their waste and all sorts of other lovelies end up settling on our plants. Like I said though, these pics don't do it justice....
DSC00729.JPG

I promise that these buckets are dirtier than they look....
DSC00730.JPG
DSC00737.JPG
DSC00735.JPG
DSC00736.JPG

I can see an oily rainbow-like film which doesn't show up in these pics at all.

Hey HG. I just finished washing the last of the flowers and thought I'd show you why I do it. I didn't get any good pics though. The flash on the camera seems to hide the greasy film which covers the surface of the water. Indoor plants do get very dirty though. Dust, cat hairs, clothing fibres, insects and their waste and all sorts of other lovelies end up settling on our plants. Like I said though, these pics don't do it justice....

So, do you just wash them with water? Do you dunk each stalk or pour the liquid (water?) over them altogether?

Two jam-packed tents harvested at the same time? You'll have so much that you'll be practically giving it away. ;)

Great looking color to the harvest and some nice frost in there as well. Congrats on that marathon harvest!
I'm mean it's doomed already. Its white so if I go within a meter of one of the kids it'll end up stained by whatever they're occupying themselves with.
It will also stay cleaner if you don't step on it. And I know the feet are wrong but it's nice to see the shoes are correct.

So, do you just wash them with water? Do you dunk each stalk or pour the liquid (water?) over them altogether?
The green bucket has water with lemon juice and bicarbonate of soda mixed in and the blue bucket is plain tap water to rinse. There seem to be a lot of different methods which people swear by but I like to keep it simple. Both buckets of water are at room temp also. I give each branch a dunk and a swish around in the water for about 5 to 10 second in each bucket. Lemon and bicarb bucket first then plain water to rinse. It takes a little while but I think it is worth the effort. It does give me arm ache though.
Two jam-packed tents harvested at the same time? You'll have so much that you'll be practically giving it
And to think I messed it right up at the start. You can all dismantle the wicker man, we had a good crop.

Great looking color to the harvest and some nice frost in there as well. Congrats on that marathon harvest!
This is a pleasing round. In a mo I'll show you what happened to some of that frost.
It will also stay cleaner if you don't step on it. And I know the feet are wrong but it's nice to see the shoes are correct.
I got a bit closer there than I thought. There wasn't enough room on the table for the shirt and myself.

So last night I decided to get the trim out of the freezer and make some hash....

I do enjoy making this stuff now. I found it to be a bit of a choir before but I've got into the swing with it now. Here is how much we ended up with in total....

It looks so pale and slimy at first lol. I'm sure I'm still not doing it quite right but it looks better with age. Here it is on the following morning. It looks a bit darker now....

So I guess it's time for a sample....

Ouch!

Your bubble hash looks truly disgusting but way to go, Prof on getting so much of it. I hope it smokes better than it looks.

So last night I decided to get the trim out of the freezer and make some hash....

I do enjoy making this stuff now. I found it to be a bit of a choir before but I've got into the swing with it now. Here is how much we ended up with in total....

It looks so pale and slimy at first lol. I'm sure I'm still not doing it quite right but it looks better with age. Here it is on the following morning. It looks a bit darker now....

So I guess it's time for a sample....

Ouch!

Did somebody said hash? Lets blaze :lot-o-toke:

DSC00729.JPG

DSC00730.JPG
DSC00737.JPG
DSC00735.JPG
DSC00736.JPG

Never tried the bud washing. Can you compare the taste and smell to regular ones? I seriously doubt that we lose flavor on washed buds. We don't lose potency, that is okay and there is a lot of nasty stuff, even in grow tents and I'm aware of this but I can't risk the taste on my meds. Taste matters the most to me.

Cheers :passitleft:

Never tried the bud washing. Can you compare the taste and smell to regular ones? I seriously doubt that we lose flavor on washed buds. We don't lose potency, that is okay and there is a lot of nasty stuff, even in grow tents and I'm aware of this but I can't risk the taste on my meds. Taste matters the most to me.

Washing buds does not affect the taste, except maybe to improve it! :Rasta:

Washing buds does not affect the taste, except maybe to improve it! :Rasta:

I have a friend in LA and I discussed this subject with him. He smokes even more than me(like 8-10 grams a day) and he is all about the taste. He advised not to wash buds and told that he compared over 20 nugs from 3 different strains and non-washed won the taste wars all the time. He said he used 3 different buckets at certain temperatures and some mixed with lime juice or baking soda, besides plain water washing. I can't be sure about that and I guess I'll have to try to find it out for myself.

I have a friend in LA and I discussed this subject with him. He smokes even more than me(like 8-10 grams a day) and he is all about the taste. He advised not to wash buds and told that he compared over 20 nugs from 3 different strains and non-washed won the taste wars all the time. He said he used 3 different buckets at certain temperatures and some mixed with lime juice or baking soda, besides plain water washing. I can't be sure about that and I guess I'll have to try to find it out for myself.
Your friend has a much better basis for his judgement. I'm basing my opinion (and that's all it is) on testing a single plant, part washed and part unwashed. I thought the washed buds tasted a little "cleaner." :laughtwo:

Your bubble hash looks truly disgusting but way to go, Prof on getting so much of it. I hope it smokes better than it looks.
Lol, I promise that it smokes/vapes better than it looks though I still think it looks delish. In a few days it'll be pliable and I'll roll it up into little poo's for everyone to laugh at.
Come get some!
I don't think I've ever done a side by side but I was sold on not having burning hair in my joints. I can see for myself in the future though.

Lol, I promise that it smokes/vapes better than it looks though I still think it looks delish. In a few days it'll be pliable and I'll roll it up into little poo's for everyone to laugh at.

Come get some!

I don't think I've ever done a side by side but I was sold on not having burning hair in my joints. I can see for myself in the future though.

We don't have any hair here brother :) But I get you. A side by side would be greatly appreciated as I count on your word more than my friend in LA. You grow way better than him. He is just good at smoking :laughtwo:

Anyways, I'm seriously thinking of growing with NFT and let this problems and many go away. Coco was a great journey but I need to pull more yield. Even coco has a limit compared to water only systems. I was getting way bigger nugs at the top with DWC but it also have problems. I don't like air stones oxidizing the chelated iron. The bottom of the bucket always gets nasty and plants can access to less nutrients. I might design my own NFT system but that will be reinventing the wheel as Terra Aquatica offers an amazing system for this task.

Wow, I missed it all. :( But I’m caught up now and a HUGE congratulations Professor on some really fantastic harvests!! :bravo: I think that’s the best round you’ve had for a bit! I bet the wolves are super drooly-excited for those tasty nugs. Well done Prof.

We don't have any hair here brother :) But I get you. A side by side would be greatly appreciated as I count on your word more than my friend in LA. You grow way better than him. He is just good at smoking :laughtwo:

Anyways, I'm seriously thinking of growing with NFT and let this problems and many go away. Coco was a great journey but I need to pull more yield. Even coco has a limit compared to water only systems. I was getting way bigger nugs at the top with DWC but it also have problems. I don't like air stones oxidizing the chelated iron. The bottom of the bucket always gets nasty and plants can access to less nutrients. I might design my own NFT system but that will be reinventing the wheel as Terra Aquatica offers an amazing system for this task.

Lol. We'll do a little side by side with the next harvest. I'd best get my ass in gear and flip to flower.

I agree with the DWC issues. That's why I like coco. It's kinda the best of both worlds and you get a little bit more of a buffer. I've proven several times though that it can still go tits up pretty badly.
Wow, I missed it all. :( But I’m caught up now and a HUGE congratulations Professor on some really fantastic harvests!! :bravo: I think that’s the best round you’ve had for a bit! I bet the wolves are super drooly-excited for those tasty nugs. Well done Prof.
Lol, don't worry, I've missed a tonne of stuff also. I've been spending a lot of time with the kids and that doesn't leave much time for the internet.

The harvest is all dried and in the jars. It was pretty good indeed. In total it came in at just under 16 ounces so almost a pound of herb. The wolves are the happiest they've been in many seasons. They like the large flowers but not the hash so much. Here are some dried pics....
DSC00767.JPG
DSC00770.JPG
DSC00769.JPG
DSC00768.JPG
DSC00772.JPG
DSC00773.JPG
DSC00774.JPG

That was the families herb and here was what I kept for myself and the better half....
DSC00771.JPG

They got the larger plants and I went with the small flowers with the super glue feel to them. Everyone's happy.

"Fucking wolves!"

-Seal (in Popstar)
Indeed. They'll be back.

Here is what happend to the hash. I kept the best of the two harvest's which blended together in this plastic tub. It is unusable unless refrigerated. I've also discovered that dab tools are pretty useful when handling it. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. This stuff is like honey....
DSC00778.JPG
DSC00780.JPG

Here is the reject stuff lol. Even the wolves turned their noses up at it....
DSC00775.JPG
DSC00799.JPG
DSC00800.JPG

I think it looks great. What about you, @HashGirl?

After a night sat on the side and not in the fridge the hash in the pot blended together and settled on two very different consistancies. The hash from the large plant grow went crumbly and sticky like butter mixed with sugar. The hash from the grow with the smaller and more frosty plants went like caramel. It smells like disseinfectant....
DSC00796.JPG
DSC00797.JPG

And this is how I've been exclusively using my meds for a little while. Might explain the absence....
DSC00798.JPG
DSC00794.JPG

Before I forget, the next round of plants are ready to flower but I haven't got any pics yet. I'll put some up later but it'll be flowering day 1 again tomorrow. More on that later though. Happy growing everyone.
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom