ProfessorFlora Presents: The Flowering Inferno

Ooops sorry Budshark , My bloody eyes are crap now , thought it was that Tom Hardy guy trying to bust into the 420 elite. In you come mate , sorry about that. Complimentary bowl on the bar for you buddy. !.
Okay, Thanks Prof, will be in here more often if you got a bowl waiting for me every time. Lol Cheers

All three of those (Double D, Chocolatina, CrBluumbled Lime) seem like winners eh!
I actually have some Crumbled Lime X Chocolatina crosses which we should see later this year. There should be something special amongst those.
Hah yes it is fun, appeals to my systematising tendencies. I definitely want to go Haze then Skunk. Not sure why that order. Seems easier to find real Haze than it is to find real Skunk perhaps?
Sensi Seeds have some Skunk which would be my first option if looking for some. I very nearly got some Skunk #1 or Super Skunk but went with the Big Bomb instead.
That would really complete a good general survey. At the same time, there are lots of outliers that don't fit into those 5 "poles" of modern cannabis, like Trainwreck, Granddaddy Purple, White Widow, Blueberry, etc.
My Melon Gum would throw a spanner in the works. It's Lavender X Bubble Gum. Being awkward again!
very similar to my set up , geo pot with extraction
are you hand watering ?

check my grow
im trying to do one monster plant
yours look very nice ,i like the 2 pot with run to drain
simple , the best :lot-o-toke:
Hey twinsun! Welcome aboard.

I am indeed hand watering. No funny business here. Like you said. Simple.

I would love to check your grow but where can I find it? You could add it to your signature so people can follow you more easily.
we are at the same stage roughly
may the force gives us that big fat
What I would do for some big fat nuggets. My stash is running pretty low right now.
the kilo is the wAy to go
That's the spirit though I would settle for half that with this tent and still call it an epic win.
may the force be with you on this terrible journey :ganjamon:
You too. Though these plants certainly make that journey a little more relaxing.
Okay, Thanks Prof, will be in here more often if you got a bowl waiting for me every time. Lol Cheers
See, there it is again. What is this bowl people keep mentioning? I'm sure it said bring your own on the invites. If it didn't then someone's fired.

I actually have some Crumbled Lime X Chocolatina crosses which we should see later this year. There should be something special amongst those.

Sensi Seeds have some Skunk which would be my first option if looking for some. I very nearly got some Skunk #1 or Super Skunk but went with the Big Bomb instead.

My Melon Gum would throw a spanner in the works. It's Lavender X Bubble Gum. Being awkward again!

I would love to check your grow but where can I find it? You could add it to your signature so people can follow you more easily.

What I would do for some big fat nuggets. My stash is running pretty low right now.

That's the spirit though I would settle for half that with this tent and still call it an epic win.

You too. Though these plants certainly make that journey a little more relaxing.

See, there it is again. What is this bowl people keep mentioning? I'm sure it said bring your own on the invites. If it didn't then someone's fired.
again with the synchronisation and dankruptcy looming !!!. lol
still gets my mouth watering reading crumled lime. some nice mixes mentioned too. have you used the stinkypost, bacterial, mengale experimental life forms on as feed yet ?. curious how it turned out Prof ?. Inam looking forwards to the spare breastmilk now this end. lol

Hmm, my impression of the general sentiment among breeders: Sensi never recovered from the big raid where they lost all their original genetics.

I would be looking at a breeder like AK Bean Brains who has preserved a bunch of original Sensi and Super Sativa Seed Club lines for the Skunk.

My selection/taxonomy is obviously finite so exceptions are.. expected! :laugh: :high-five:

You have a great collection. :woohoo: :cheer:

how do i add my grow in my signature ?

it;'s my first journal

im new to the site

looking to get the best of the best out of one plant
thats my goal

have you used the stinkypost, bacterial, mengale experimental life forms on as feed yet ?. curious how it turned out Prof ?
Lol. It kind of works but I won't be ditching the normal nutrients just yet. Also there is no way I'd ever use that stuff indoors. It smells seriously bad. I went and had a look at the barrel the other day and it is just as I remember. Like rotting corpses lol. I did grow lots of things with it though. Tomatoes, a massive sunflower, all kinds of herbs and of course some cannabis. The cannabis didn't do great because the weather was terrible but we had hundreds of tomatoes. We will be doing it again this year but with a few tweaks and some more hardy plants.
Hmm, my impression of the general sentiment among breeders: Sensi never recovered from the big raid where they lost all their original genetics.

I would be looking at a breeder like AK Bean Brains who has preserved a bunch of original Sensi and Super Sativa Seed Club lines for the Skunk.
Thanks for the info. I did not know that.
Nice bushes!! Will you do any defol after stretch? Will be very interesting to see what the Breath is getting up to.
I forgot to answer this question yesterday. Almost certainly. The question is, how much? Probably lots. I had a look inside again today and it is chaos in there. I don't even know where to begin lol. What I will do is leave it until the third week and then reassess the situation
My selection/taxonomy is obviously finite so exceptions are.. expected!
Excuses!
how do i add my grow in my signature ?

it;'s my first journal
If you look to the top of the page you'll see a pic of your avatar which if you click on should present you with a list of options for your account. There should be one which says signature which if clicked will give you a box which you can fill in as you like. This will then be presented at the bottom of each of your posts for all to see.
Hey VG! You'll be pleased to know that we are on page 3 and there has been no drama yet. :green_heart:

I forgot to answer this question yesterday. Almost certainly. The question is, how much? Probably lots. I had a look inside again today and it is chaos in there. I don't even know where to begin lol. What I will do is leave it until the third week and then re-asse the situation

Sometimes I catch myself thinking your alias is "Professor Chaos" :laugh:

Sometimes I catch myself thinking your alias is "Professor Chaos" :laugh:
This year will be different. I will be "Professor Predictable and Organised". Not as catchy, I know, but should serve me better.

Lol. It kind of works but I won't be ditching the normal nutrients just yet. Also there is no way I'd ever use that stuff indoors. It smells seriously bad. I went and had a look at the barrel the other day and it is just as I remember. Like rotting corpses lol. I did grow lots of things with it though. Tomatoes, a massive sunflower, all kinds of herbs and of course some cannabis. The cannabis didn't do great because the weather was terrible but we had hundreds of tomatoes. We will be doing it again this year but with a few tweaks and some more hardy plants.

Thanks for the info. I did not know that.

I forgot to answer this question yesterday. Almost certainly. The question is, how much? Probably lots. I had a look inside again today and it is chaos in there. I don't even know where to begin lol. What I will do is leave it until the third week and then reassess the situation

Excuses!

If you look to the top of the page you'll see a pic of your avatar which if you click on should present you with a list of options for your account. There should be one which says signature which if clicked will give you a box which you can fill in as you like. This will then be presented at the bottom of each of your posts for all to see.

Hey VG! You'll be pleased to know that we are on page 3 and there has been no drama yet. :green_heart:
result Prof. I am using my soil/coco/entire kitchen contents compost in my grow now. nothing dead so far but does need mc support too.

result Prof. I am using my soil/coco/entire kitchen contents compost in my grow now. nothing dead so far but does need mc support too.
I made some of my own potting mixes to use indoor and it worked quite well. It was cheap and the results were pretty worthy. There was however one problem which will stop me from doing that ever again and that was pests. I've never had a grow like it. We're talking catapillars, slugs, aphids, gnats and mites. It was crazy, GG. Most things were killed off using a regular spraying of ISO but there were more things making their way out of the soil all the time. Mites were eating seedlings and gnats were spreading root rot and it was probably the reason I had so many troubles last year. I'm going to do it again this year but outdoors. Unless I can cook my soil which defeats the purpose of me using it, I won't be bringing anymore of it indoors.

I'm a tad late, Professor, but I'd like to sit in.

Who do I see about that complimentary bowl and gummy? :Rasta:

I'm a tad late, Professor, but I'd like to sit in.

Who do I see about that complimentary bowl and gummy? :Rasta:
Gummy? Is this like some sort of psychedelic arms race? I'm struggling to refill the bowl and now I have to put on my chef hat.

Welcome GDB! Take seat anywhere where there is not a stain. You can if you like but I would avoid sitting within a 3 chair radius of GG. He's bringing his own compost!
:passitleft:

Banana's, Coffee Grinds and my grass cuttings and fall leaves make a great over the winter compost mix for my spring outdoor grow, gives it a little kick.

Banana's, Coffee Grinds and my grass cuttings and fall leaves make a great over the winter compost mix for my spring outdoor grow, gives it a little kick.
I love composting and will compost pretty much anything lol. Last year I made at least 1000lt of the stuff using 2 bins and a pile. My next door neighbour was mocking me until he saw the finished product.
I will hopefully use some for my outdoor plants this year. There's an auto I might stick out in the spring but I won't be putting any photos out until the summer. I don't want anything growing too high if you know what I mean.

any eggshells , teabags , fruit waste, old spuds, carrots. whatever will mulch. lol
I know prof uses meat too just to add that certain "funk" he loves . lol

I made some of my own potting mixes to use indoor and it worked quite well. It was cheap and the results were pretty worthy. There was however one problem which will stop me from doing that ever again and that was pests. I've never had a grow like it. We're talking catapillars, slugs, aphids, gnats and mites. It was crazy, GG. Most things were killed off using a regular spraying of ISO but there were more things making their way out of the soil all the time. Mites were eating seedlings and gnats were spreading root rot and it was probably the reason I had so many troubles last year. I'm going to do it again this year but outdoors. Unless I can cook my soil which defeats the purpose of me using it, I won't be bringing anymore of it indoors.
I hear that one mare. had a big snail turn up yesterday. pliers made quick work of it sadly. I do have a few small black flies like fungus gnats but manageable so far bit certainly from the gardens bounty !. top dress with ecothrive charge as it is frass and puts them off and triggers the plants defence too. hoping to keep them at bay for now. with you on the cooking it out issue. makes it a little pointless creating all the life to cook it . There must be a product to bridge the divide so to speak. ?.

any eggshells , teabags , fruit waste, old spuds, carrots. whatever will mulch. lol
I know prof uses meat too just to add that certain "funk" he loves . lol
I use the meat because it's compostable lol. You should see my flower bed. It's like the elephant graveyard scene from the Lion King. There's bones everywhere!
I hear that one mare. had a big snail turn up yesterday. pliers made quick work of it sadly. I do have a few small black flies like fungus gnats but manageable so far bit certainly from the gardens bounty !. top dress with ecothrive charge as it is frass and puts them off and triggers the plants defence too. hoping to keep them at bay for now. with you on the cooking it out issue. makes it a little pointless creating all the life to cook it . There must be a product to bridge the divide so to speak. ?.
I had slug eggs in the soil which would hatch every now and then. They'd hang around on the lowest leaves closest to the base of the plant and I'd have to wipe them off. The caterpillars were the worst though. They were like little ninjas swinging around on the branches and they were really fast as well. They would have done some severe damage had I not have seen them when I did.

As for what could have been done. In hindsight I would say that perlite would have been helpful. It was suggested to help keep fungus gnats out but I think it would have also helped to keep the things coming out of the soil under control as well. I can't imaging slugs would enjoy pushing their way through a layer of that stuff. Add some diatomaceous earth and some mosquito dunks to the mix and I think we would have a pretty decent barrier. That was too expensive for me to do at the time though.

Back
Top Bottom