ProfessorFlora Presents: The Flowering Inferno

I use the meat because it's compostable lol. You should see my flower bed. It's like the elephant graveyard scene from the Lion King. There's bones everywhere!

I had slug eggs in the soil which would hatch every now and then. They'd hang around on the lowest leaves closest to the base of the plant and I'd have to wipe them off. The catapillars were the worst though. They were like little ninjas swinging around on the branches and they were really fast as well. They would have done some severe damage had I not have seen them when I did.

As for what could have been done. In hindsight I would say that perlite would have been helpful. It was suggested to help keep fungus gnats out but I think it would have also helped to keep the things coming out of the soil under control as well. I can't imaging slugs would enjoy pushing their way through a layer of that stuff. Add some diatomaceous earth and some mosquito dunks to the mix and I think we would have a pretty decent barrier. That was too expensive for me to do at the time though.
I have seen that about the dunks from your previous ones. not seen them in the grow shops or around though.
I am all for nature just not in my garden uninvited. lol
love the references you throw up Prof "lion King graveyard" hahaha. I have been preparing an area for composting the MIL . She loves it with the nice square patch of flowers i have surrounded the "plot "with. She looks happy taking her tea sat in it as I sit back and ponder the future buds she will produce !!!. :rofl: :rofl: :laugh: :drool::Namaste:

Flowering Day 7

Hey 420. It is actually flowering day 8 today but the pics are from yesterday. We have made it to the end of the first week of flower and all is good. Both plants are looking nice though not perfect. The Big Bomb has some discolouration appearing on some of the top leaves which I noticed yesterday. It isn't anything to worry about and I'm putting it down to needing an increase in nutrients. We are still feeding at veg levels at around 4.5g of MC. The Bubba's Breath looks great on top but if you look inside there is a lot of weak and even some dying growth. It should be ok after a trim up which will be in a couple of weeks time. Other than that things are still groovy. Here is a comparison between day 1 and day 7.

Day 1....

Day 7....

Here's some more pics from last night....

Here's is an example of the type of pests I have to deal with. @syenite I thought you'd like this....
DSC05644.JPG

The ordeal I had to go through to remove this monster. I wonder if Sierra Natural Science has anything to deal with these. I had to poke it out the window with a stick as it hisses and raises its paw if you try to pick it up. There was only one this morning. Sometimes there are a few.

They look happy with the new cycle, Justin.

The Big Bomb is stretching like a rubberband! :Rasta:

They look happy with the new cycle, Justin.

The Big Bomb is stretching like a rubberband! :Rasta:
That Big Bomb is a good plant. It's starting to show signs of flower already. The Bubba's Breath is plodding along like it did through veg. It's a bit slow but I still like it.

I got a new desktop vaporizer today and the kids have gone to bed. Time to get blazed!....
IMG_20210202_194806_copy_4500x6000.jpg

The plants are looking nice Prof! They have really shot up over the last 7 days!

Here's is an example of the type of pests I have to deal with.
Good luck with your kitty mite infestation...I hear they can be a real chore to keep out of the tent lol.
the kids have gone to bed. Time to get blazed!....
It really is the best time of the day!

Congrats on the new toy! Volcano?
Sadly not. It's an Arizer V Tower but after my first go on it I'm very impressed. I just used it for 20 minutes straight and there was some good flavour and vapour for most of that time
The healthy high, best high there is.! That cat and your comments brought me back to my Granddads farm, some of those barn cats were very vicious and wild. Cheers
I quit smoking on the 3rd of January and haven't had a joint since. It's a bit strange as I'm not trying to quit smoking weed, just tobacco. I've been using a portable vaporiser since then but have just gotten a desktop today. To be honest I prefer using a vaporizer as it suits my lifestyle much more than smoking. We don't smoke in the house so there is normally a lot of time spent out in the cold and now I can vape in bed. It's like being a teenager again lol.

This cat is a regular. He's not wild but travels from home to home and rarely stays where he actually lives. It has a really nice temperament when you see him outdoors but turns nasty if you try to pick him up indoors.
I tried to put a mesh screen up to stop bugs getting in the grow room but it made the room too hot which is why the window is open like that.
The plants are looking nice Prof! They have really shot up over the last 7 days!
Hey N! It looks like I got it right with these. The Bubba's Breath looks like it might need to be raised a little soon but other than that, so far so good.
Good luck with your kitty mite infestation...I hear they can be a real chore to keep out of the tent lol.
Lol. That's hopefully not going to happen with this one. Only my stupid cat would be mad enough to actually get inside the tent and sunbath under the grow lights whilst crushing my veg plants.
It really is the best time of the day!
Sometimes I'm so mentally drained that I don't know what to do when they go to bed. This new vaporizer probably won't be helping much with that lol.

Haha, I feel you Prof - I also quit smoking cigarettes and vape now instead. It's been a fairly seamless transition for me, thankfully. I hope it goes well for you too!

If I may suggest one thing in the event that you find the replacement therapy isn't working - look for nicotine salt-based juices. They deliver the "hit" much better.

Haha, I feel you Prof - I also quit smoking cigarettes and vape now instead. It's been a fairly seamless transition for me, thankfully. I hope it goes well for you too!

If I may suggest one thing in the event that you find the replacement therapy isn't working - look for nicotine salt-based juices. They deliver the "hit" much better.
Thanks for the advice but just like with you the transition has been smooth so far. It surprised me as I have tried to give up several times in my life but with no success. This time feels different and I'm just not getting the cravings or even thinking about cigarettes. It's like they've just disappeared from my life.
The vaporizers are definitely helping and without them I don't think I would be having such a good time.

I have one more vape to obtain and then I have the triumvirate of vaporizers. I want a Dynavap to complete the set. Then I'll have a desktop, a portable and the Battery-less device for emergencies and quick use. Not to mention that they look and sound awesome.
What vaporizer/s do you use?

Good for you Prof! That’s something I have to do is give up the cigarettes. I’ve tried a couple of times but I wasn’t ready, sounds like your in the right head space to quit.

What vaporizer/s do you use?

I have the following vaporizers that I use from time to time:

• Arizer Solo (my first vaporizer)*
  • DaVinci
  • The Mighty*
  • Kind Status
  • Kind V3*
  • Pax
  • Quick Draw 500 DLX (no longer have as it broke but it was my favourite portable)
But, you know which one I use most often? None of them. I usually reach for my water pipe first. I like smoking weed especially when I'm already high. I blame Sue and Amy for getting me hooked on a bubbler pipe. :laughtwo:

The ones with asterisks are the ones that I use most often.

I find the best way to use hash is to smoke it. Since vaping doesn't burn the product away, it just leaves a sticky mess with most of the vaporizers. If anyone knows of a vaporizer that could be used for hash, let me know because I :love: hash and I believe that vaping would definitely be better for my health and save my throat.

Good for you Prof! That’s something I have to do is give up the cigarettes. I’ve tried a couple of times but I wasn’t ready, sounds like your in the right head space to quit.
Thanks N. I think the reason I found it so difficult to give up before was simply that I didn't want to give up. I knew it was unhealthy but I enjoyed it. It felt like I was being forced to give it up so I rebelled against my own effort. My mindset has switched in recent years and after seeing plenty of examples of what could happen around me I decided that I just didn't want to do it anymore. I'm not out of the woods yet but I have a better feeling about this time around.
I have the following vaporizers that I use from time to time:

• Arizer Solo (my first vaporizer)*
  • DaVinci
  • The Mighty*
  • Kind Status
  • Kind V3*
  • Pax
  • Quick Draw 500 DLX (no longer have as it broke but it was my favourite portable)
But, you know which one I use most often? None of them. I usually reach for my water pipe first. I like smoking weed especially when I'm already high. I blame Sue and Amy for getting me hooked on a bubbler pipe. :laughtwo:

The ones with asterisks are the ones that I use most often.

I find the best way to use hash is to smoke it. Since vaping doesn't burn the product away, it just leaves a sticky mess with most of the vaporizers. If anyone knows of a vaporizer that could be used for hash, let me know because I :love: hash and I believe that vaping would definitely be better for my health and save my throat.
I see you have some good experience with vapes. Do you find a difference in the effects between your pipe and your vaporizers, or even smoking for that matter?

I did try some hash in my portable but just as you said, it went burnt and sticky. I did get really high from it but had to put some extra effort into cleaning the vaporizer. Too much effort to be doing too often.

Back
Top Bottom