Rex's Perpetual Hydroponics, LED, 4x4 Tent Using TBC 10 Gal System: All Are Welcome, Come Learn & Help

That is one crazy rig you got there rexer!
Hope your day is going well. I can't wait to see what your grow is gonna look like.
Smile and stay stoneder!

Looking good @Rexer , and I know you must be getting antsy to get started by now.

Since it won't have the maximum weight of the water all the time, anything would work as long as it protects your liner.

Make sure you keep the directions and take plenty of images. I would not want too put that together again without something to guide me. :rofl:

Tok..
Lol the directions were somewhat :hmmmm:
....oversimplified? The main reason this is taking so long is what I'm able to do.
That being said...I dred the day when that'll happen. Though now with all the pipes cut to size and bent/shaped into place I'm hoping it'll be easier....hopefully
That is one crazy rig you got there rexer!
Hope your day is going well. I can't wait to see what your grow is gonna look like.
Smile and stay stoneder!
Thanks Fredwak! I'm not too sure how great the 1st grow in it will be truthfully. The 1st one will just be an attempt to get stunted autos done and some meds. Now....the 2nd run....hopefully ill have this new rig and light figured out.
Its happening around here too.

I would never begrudge anyone wanting to live out in the country....but it's playing havoc with the markets...and I'm sure later down the road taxes will just go up for the area....but then again I'm a cynical person at times.
Gross...I hope that doesn't happen here. I like not having neighbors but fear the day the farmers around me sell off their fields to some shitty McMansion mini-sub. Those things are the biggest eyesores out here
:(
I hear you, I'm happy to only have one neighbor now. Hopefully there's no big changes in line for either of us, next generation can deal with that
:hmmmm:

Lmao you must be in Ontario. Same thing here and it’s absolutely screwed.
I feel so sorry for the next gen that ain’t born with a silver spoon.

Eventually I will sell everything and run to the bushes as well.

Glad your getting settled in Rex.
You know it brother. It's just insane in Vancouver and Toronto when it comes to real estate prices.

If they build up around here then maybe we'll sell and move further away from the towns. But for now this is going to be our paradise.

Tonight I took an edible and managed to do a 2nd rinse and fill 1.5 of the buckets with hydroton.
Getting closer....

Search the giggle or the Zon looking at caster cups as they are called either the soft rubber or maybe with felt covered bottoms. Bet you are getting antsy to flip the switch for good. Love that power bar but dang the programming part. To borrow lingo from a point in time - the stake holders are gnarly.... like far freaking out, tubular dude...

I’m wondering if I could get by on my hempy project later in flower by using a 24 hour timer to turn a pump on for a few minutes once a day so I could spend a night or two away. sinister he he he.... I might have to break out that timer and play with it using a light to test it. It hosed my clone mom and I parked it and went back to a pin timer.

Search the giggle or the Zon looking at caster cups as they are called either the soft rubber or maybe with felt covered bottoms. Bet you are getting antsy to flip the switch for good. Love that power bar but dang the programming part.

I’m wondering if I could get by on my hempy project later in flower by using a 24 hour timer to turn a pump on for a few minutes once a day so I could spend a night or two away. sinister he he he.... I might have to break out that timer and play with it using a light to test it. It hosed my clone mom but I didn’t retaliate
Oh to make a simple timer like that is no problem. There's just a limit on how many timers you could do, and I was flooding once every three hours, plus everything else on there made for too many timer events...the programming was a work around that made it fool proof in the sense it flooded (or watered you could say) based upon the last time it ran the water pump...not a time of day.

If you ever get that power bar or one that uses the same app I can walk you through it no problem.

And I found some of the caster caps at a local store...just didn't know the name to look for. I'll grab some next time I'm there, thank you!

Lol the directions were somewhat :hmmmm:
....oversimplified? The main reason this is taking so long is what I'm able to do.
That being said...I dred the day when that'll happen. Though now with all the pipes cut to size and bent/shaped into place I'm hoping it'll be easier....hopefully

Thanks Fredwak! I'm not too sure how great the 1st grow in it will be truthfully. The 1st one will just be an attempt to get stunted autos done and some meds. Now....the 2nd run....hopefully ill have this new rig and light figured out.

I would never begrudge anyone wanting to live out in the country....but it's playing havoc with the markets...and I'm sure later down the road taxes will just go up for the area....but then again I'm a cynical person at times.

I hear you, I'm happy to only have one neighbor now. Hopefully there's no big changes in line for either of us, next generation can deal with that
:hmmmm:

You know it brother. It's just insane in Vancouver and Toronto when it comes to real estate prices.

If they build up around here then maybe we'll sell and move further away from the towns. But for now this is going to be our paradise.

Tonight I took an edible and managed to do a 2nd rinse and fill 1.5 of the buckets with hydroton.
Getting closer....
Great news on the second rinse brother that’s another foot forward.

Enjoy your paradise brother you and the wifey deserve it.

Me I’m from way up North and I only moved down here to make money. Trust me when I say this rat race takes a little piece of my mental stability every day and it’s not my cup of tee. I feel like a caged animal just feeding the machine sometimes lol.

Anyways play safe and enjoy everyone

The prices they are paying per acre is definitely going to mess with taxes and raise property values.
Maybe soon country folks will head to the schity start showing how things get done with integrity.
Hellz no, been there- ain't going back to living in the concrete zoo till I have too. I went from country to big city to small city to small towns to finally back in the country. That's not a cycle I care to repeat :rofl: Now to make myself feel old I'll toss in a "that's a young person's game".

So I've been tinkering away in the tent. Remembered to actually take a few pics of inside.

20210407_135428.jpg
20210407_135545.jpg
20210407_142805.jpg

20210407_135514.jpg

20210407_135608.jpg
20210407_140531.jpg

(The RO system is almost done)

Hellz no, been there- ain't going back to living in the concrete zoo till I have too. I went from country to big city to small city to small towns to finally back in the country. That's not a cycle I care to repeat :rofl: Now to make myself feel old I'll toss in a "that's a young person's game".

So I've been tinkering away in the tent. Remembered to actually take a few pics of inside.

20210407_135428.jpg
20210407_135545.jpg
20210407_142805.jpg

20210407_135514.jpg

20210407_135608.jpg
20210407_140531.jpg

(The RO system is almost done)
Looking great my friend. That system is just crazy and this res and RO setup is more my speed lol.

Just throwing it out there a shotgun cleaning rod work well for cleaning those feed lines lol.

Nice work brother and this will be a fun ride ya.

play safe and enjoy everyone

Looking great my friend. That system is just crazy and this res and RO setup is more my speed lol.

Just throwing it out there a shotgun cleaning rod work well for cleaning those feed lines lol.

Nice work brother and this will be a fun ride ya.

Thanks brother, I consider that high praise. The chiller has arrived (Ecoplus 1/10) , but that will wait till next pay for another plumbing parts run to install.

Thanks that's a great idea for the cleaning tip thank you! Never would have thought of using that, I've got a few old rifle/shot gun cleaning kits and a few still have new unused rods.

I’m all caught up and in for the ride. All I can say is WOW! Mind blown.
That setup is freaking beautiful. What a blast to watch another RDWCer’s take on the process. I’m thinking you’re going to have some fun with this grow.
The addition of permeable bags in the grow tubs is genius. You’d never again need to reach in the tubs to pull roots back out of the drain pipes. I’m going to have to explore options for implementing that in my own system.
Looking good!

edit: taking another look at your system it isn’t RDWC, is it. That’s why the screen bags work. They air trim the roots so you never have ingress into your drains. I like.

I’m all caught up and in for the ride. All I can say is WOW! Mind blown.
That setup is freaking beautiful. What a blast to watch another RDWCer’s take on the process. I’m thinking you’re going to have some fun with this grow.
The addition of permeable bags in the grow tubs is genius. You’d never again need to reach in the tubs to pull roots back out of the drain pipes. I’m going to have to explore options for implementing that in my own system.
Looking good!

edit: taking another look at your system it isn’t RDWC, is it. That’s why the screen bags work. They air trim the roots so you never have ingress into your drains. I like.
Hey Rider! Thanks for dropping in! Glad to have you along.

I'm sure I can improvise a waterfall rdwc using the system. Eventually I have an idea for some lids I'm going to try and make. That will change things significantly. But...it's also a handy coco setup (easy to change to a drain to waste) if I decide to dip my toes that way.
It's got the versatility for inspiring me to try different methods.
Can build a controller bucket to do a bottom feed Ebb & Flow as well...
I can't wait to try them all.

The 1st grow won't be pretty. But this is my Perpetual journal so I thought I'd include the build.

I took a look at the seedlings....its obvious I haven't shown them much love this week.
With that in mind I decided to take a few edibles and spent a good chunk of the day and night finishing things up. Now the last thing to get done is to plumb in the chiller, but that will wait just a bit (and with current temps a heater is more needed).

20210408_201509.jpg

20210408_205204.jpg

20210408_205156.jpg

And here's the current nute options:
20210408_201456.jpg

good job rex
wow your lucky
this is all i have lol :laugh::rofl: and it fecking stinks , i think you should be fine with that lot :thumb:

P1140517.JPG
:rofl: :rofl: oh man that gave me a good laugh! Thanks Nutty!!

Looks delicious, almost like a pesto :cheesygrinsmiley:

I took a look at the seedlings....its obvious I haven't shown them much love this week.
With that in mind I decided to take a few edibles and spent a good chunk of the day and night finishing things up. Now the last thing to get done is to plumb in the chiller, but that will wait just a bit (and with current temps a heater is more needed).

20210408_201509.jpg

20210408_205204.jpg

20210408_205156.jpg

And here's the current nute options:
20210408_201456.jpg
Pumped the little ones made it onto their buckets! :slide: I'm sure they'll bounce back in no time once those roots hit water. We need to start a thread on here (if there isn't one) to show off nutrient "collections". I call it collections cuz we all know of a few bottles sitting around collecting dust that don't get used but never seem to find their way out the door either :D

Pumped the little ones made it onto their buckets! :slide: I'm sure they'll bounce back in no time once those roots hit water. We need to start a thread on here (if there isn't one) to show off nutrient "collections". I call it collections cuz we all know of a few bottles sitting around collecting dust that don't get used but never seem to find their way out the door either :D
It's an addiction, always looking for that "perfect" formula :rofl:

So, today was just getting the fan installed and waiting for the RO to fill my buckets.
20210409_124437.jpg

20210409_124447.jpg

I found a few of these guys hanging around. Now....I gotta wonder...friend or foe? Anybody know? They seem to like hanging around the runoff pump.

20210409_201329_resized.jpg

Then...the 1st real mishap with the system happened....already :eek:
As I was about to walk out of the garage, I couldn't help but take a peak inside and saw a disaster about to happen:
20210409_195548.jpg

20210409_195554.jpg

I managed to get it draining, then shut the pump off and went inside. Tomorrow can have this one ;):Namaste:

So, today was just getting the fan installed and waiting for the RO to fill my buckets.
20210409_124437.jpg

20210409_124447.jpg

I found a few of these guys hanging around. Now....I gotta wonder...friend or foe? Anybody know? They seem to like hanging around the runoff pump.

As I was about to walk out of the garage, I couldn't help but take a peak inside and saw a disaster about to happen:
20210409_195548.jpg

20210409_195554.jpg

I managed to get it draining, then shut the pump off and went inside. Tomorrow can have this one ;):Namaste:
Hey brother I hope all is well with you

I see you got the plants in and there’s a milestone for ya for sure. Nicely done and it’s all coming together.

Good catch on the plugged bucket and I hope you can get this sorted.

I tend to leave a certain % of the not so evil spiders in my grow spaces lmao.

20210409_124437.jpg

20210409_124447.jpg

20210409_195548.jpg

20210409_195554.jpg

Were all the buckets about to overflow like that? Scary stuff. I had to go check ours after seeing that lol.

Back
Top Bottom