Scrogdawgs 400W RDWC White Widow Fem Scrog Grow

Water change day. Picture day. Up'd the Flora Series nutes to 740 ppm along with some Cal/Mag, Z7 and Liquid KoolBloom.

Day 29 Flower
MG_9186.jpg

MG_91921.jpg

MG_91971.jpg

MG_9206.jpg

MG_9216.jpg

MG_9223.jpg

MG_9210.jpg

MG_9200.jpg
Looking sexy Scrogdawg. They are coming along so nice. Your grow really makes me consider a DWC system

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I want mine to look exactly like that. I'm scared of scrogging for some reason. I was considering budding with T5 so it would be perfect. Look at all those stems.
Dont be scared of scrog.

Im on my first one and i love the results of a "table of buds"

Mine is nowhere near scrogdawg tho

This scrog is photo perfect
If you follow his method you should be fine! Lol

Not So Rookie Anymore

I want mine to look exactly like that. I'm scared of scrogging for some reason. I was considering budding with T5 so it would be perfect. Look at all those stems.

My first grow and first scrog too. Don't be scared, have at'er, its a lot of fun.

Thank you both for the encouragement.

I have the next 4 days off. It would be a perfect project. I have a bunch of these I was thinking of using.
Whitmor 6070-1723 4 Storage Cubes, Black
As long as the spaces are the same dimensions and not too small that would work!

But

Think about harvest time...
One perk about using a type of string like dawg is the ablility to move or even fully remove the string come harvest to get the buds out.

Also during the grow i find it an advantage for the screen to have some wiggle room so to speak.

When i notice a bud growing into the net i can move it so it doesnt grow around the net completely.

Just something to keep in mind

Not So Rookie Anymore

Heya friends,, just passing by and thot I might add a bit to the discussion,, iffin Ok,,

Re,, screens and scrogs etc,,

I think, the main purpose of the screen is to, spread, the branches out, and by doing so it also keeps the buds close to the same horizontal elevation. Maybe too obvious but I think it is important to understand the results of spreading the branches out,,, allows so much better light usage by exposing so much more bud to the light, and by keeping the top of the plant horizontally level ish, one can keep the light at its maximum closeness to the maximum amount of bud

I know this is baby stuff, but i am a baby

P11700891.JPG

Just my example,, my plants are small, one gal pots,

As can kinda be seen, I keep the top of the plant stationary, and i adjust the pot down as the plant stretches, this is in flower I am talkin, until it stops stretching and i am done spreading, then off to the races till harvest, minor adjustments along the way. My screen is attached to the wall so is not Goin anywhere

As far as removing the plant for harvest, only one way for me, cut it out of there, branch by branch

Salude dawgy

Advocate420, I'd strongly recommend making a frame and using string to create the net. I recently had to unstring my scrog in order to get the plants out to flush them (poor planning on my part) and if it had been metal screen I would have had to McGuyver a way to dispose of about 40 gallons of waste runoff.

The next time I scrog in soil I'm going to fab a pump-driven watering system and a wet sump with a pump for runoff removal. Work smarter, not harder!

Sounds like your Savin me a big learning mistake. Awesome thank you Now I gotta learn how to make the grid with some mad net weaving the string. I have some natural twine I got recently but the diameter might be too much. Thank you so much I'm training wickedly. Both me and the girls! I'd love some expert comments on my set up. Easy reading its a new post. I think I have it in the signature section correctly.

So after much looking around the site at other grows and some discussion with lootznbootz and DeanB, I've decided to time warp my plants from Day 34 of flower back to Day 26 of flower. I had originally called Day 1 the day I flipped to 12/12. I didn't see signs of flowering till 9 days later. When I look at other White Widow plants around the site I appear to be behind in development if I use flip day as day 1 but mine look about right if I use first day of flowering as day 1. So I dialed in the Delorean (if ya even give a shit) and am now officially in Day 26 of flower.
I used trimmed fan leafs for fuel, seemed to work OK.

Oh my,, all this calculating, I calculate that there is too much calculating,, haha

A q pls,, what iffin the plantmhas a pre flower on it when it goes into flower? Does the calculation begin then??

Seems this discussion has been discussed before on here,, probably often

My thinking,, iffin I put my plant into my flower room and flip the switch to 12/12, then that is when I calculate how long the plant has been at 12/12, or, in flower

No calculus or algebra involved

Flip the switch, start from 1

Cheers friend,, package sent

So after much looking around the site at other grows and some discussion with lootznbootz and DeanB, I've decided to time warp my plants from Day 34 of flower back to Day 26 of flower. I had originally called Day 1 the day I flipped to 12/12. I didn't see signs of flowering till 9 days later. When I look at other White Widow plants around the site I appear to be behind in development if I use flip day as day 1 but mine look about right if I use first day of flowering as day 1. So I dialed in the Delorean (if ya even give a shit) and am now officially in Day 26 of flower.
I used trimmed fan leafs for fuel, seemed to work OK.

This post just made my day lmfao!
Thank you!

Im glad we got that figured out.

I realized that with the last 2 weeks and the flush im right on track with the indicas

I may have to borrow the delorean
On the sativa.

I have some cannaoil from my last grow i think would work for fuel! Lol

Not So Rookie Anymore

Oh my,, all this calculating, I calculate that there is too much calculating,, haha

A q pls,, what iffin the plantmhas a pre flower on it when it goes into flower? Does the calculation begin then??

Seems this discussion has been discussed before on here,, probably often

My thinking,, iffin I put my plant into my flower room and flip the switch to 12/12, then that is when I calculate how long the plant has been at 12/12, or, in flower

No calculus or algebra involved

Flip the switch, start from 1

Cheers friend,, package sent
I think its a widely discussed topic with alot of opinion and proof on either side because no matter what it still works.

Im no expert but in my experience it has mattered to me.

Thats how i knew going in to this grow i was going to have to take my northern lights at least 10 weeks

10 from the day i flipped
8 weeks from the day the plant first started showing signs of flowering which is give or take about 2 weeks.

At the end of the day ive stopped counting the days i dont even mention what day it is on my journal
I keep track of what week it is because the day i pull it wont matter unless its ready to my liking.

Keeping track just makes it easier to know what to look for especially on a strain your not familiar with.

Sorry for rambling

Not So Rookie Anymore

There is one reason I keep track of days, Ok, two, maybe three

First, and most important maybe,, i have a perpetual grow, so i need to know, approximately, when to have the next plant in line for the flower room ready at a certain time, agin, approximately. So I keep track of flowering times, on all my plants.

Also, if one grows the same plant, over and over, as in cloning it ir lotto seeds, one can determine perty dern accurately what the flower time will be, after a few plants under the belt

Thats two reasons, enuf for me for now

Knowing flower times lets me know when its time to get in there with my loupe to see what is really Goin on, then I can make life and death decisions,

Salude amigos, y amigas

Dawg, I just noticed that your White Widows look exactly like the one radically different pheno in my grow. Very dark green, midget stripper sized leaves, and a mad proliferation of budding branches. I've got high hopes that when that plant decides to start putting on weight that she's going to be a huge producer. If not, she'll make a good hash plant.

Agreed Rider. These two could go either way, huge or hugely disappointing. There won't be any middle ground. The next couple of weeks should tell the story. One thing I will say is that unlike yours, these two are pretty much identical phenos. You can't tell where one ends in the screen and the other begins, they're identical in every aspect to my untrained naked eye.

Back
Top Bottom