Scrogdawgs 400W RDWC White Widow Fem Scrog Grow

Scrogdawg, check out how differently these White Widow Autos grew. We started at about the same time. Same strain, different seed stock, different genetics! My screen is 6 inches above the soil and my flower tops are 6 inches above the screen. They are starting to stretch but I don't think they will ever catch up to yours. Even my three plants from seed are different from each other. Crazy stuff.

Scrogdawg_Rider509.jpg
IMG_011759.JPG

Sure like the look of yours Rider. Big difference between the strains. I'm 8" to the first screen, 9" to the second screen and 6" above that. 23" total and still stretching. I'll hold judgement on mine for another couple of weeks but so far I'm not impressed with the bud development on mine. I don't think its the plants but more the way I've handled the grow. I have limited ventilation, poor humidity, no CO2 enrichment and I believe that I've done some damage with the way I've been trimming the plants. I don't see any big buds in my future with this grow but more a lot of golf ball sized stuff and the yield isn't going to be anywhere near what I was expecting 3 weeks ago when I went to flower. I'm not gonna beat myself up, its my first go at this and I understand what needs to be done next time to get a better result. Its going to require some additional hardware and a better green thumb. Having said that I'm still hoping that in 2 weeks things will look a little more optimistic. At the end of the day I'm gonna have lots to last me till the next harvest, and the next harvest I'll expect much better success with the tools I have gained from this grow and the knowledge from this community.

Ha! I think you're going to be surprised by what your girls do in the next few weeks. And it's funny that you say that because I've been looking at my plants wondering what I did wrong and why they weren't big like yours! We're just two noobs on the same journey. The way I figure it, if we don't kill our plants like SO MANY other new growers, then we are genius noobs! :)

And consider that we've both risked everything to try stuff that even some growers with much more experience haven't tried.

Your plants are healthy AF, just on their own time schedule. You have at least 25 bud sites that I expect to see exploding with growth when they're ready. We have different phenotypes of the same strain so they're going to grow differently. Patience, grasshopper.

(Are you even old enough to know the "grasshopper" reference?)

:high-five:

Sure hope you're right about the next couple weeks growth. Agreed about being aggressive with the things we've tried on a first grow and not at all ashamed of it. Its been a lot of work and a lot of fun.

Patience, grasshopper. (Are you even old enough to know the "grasshopper" reference?)
"When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave."

Old enough to know that when they speak so highly of the "golden years" they can shov'em up they're ass. Probably gonna get spanked for that too....lol.

"When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave."

Old enough to know that when they speak so highly of the "golden years" they can shov'em up their ass. Probably gonna get spanked for that too....lol.

Oh my god, I haven't laughed that hard in forever. I'm right there with you, Dawg.

I think your doing well dawg im having issues in my tent as you know and their still surprising me as far as bud size.
I think your going to have a massive harvest.
Just keep doing what you've been doing!
Your killing it!

Not So Rookie Anymore

I trim like you do Scrogdawg. I can't explain the size on mine. But that being said I am 2 weeks ahead of you, could be partially the nutes I'm using. Just keep it up your plants look stunning.
P.s. I'd personally would thin out your canopy just a little, let your light penatrate just a bit more

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the encouragement rideouts, not sure why I picked today to whine about it. I'll give it some more time and see what happens. I did pluck the canopy some this morning and will do some more tomorrow for the reasons you mentioned. K, I'm done pissin and moanin...

I'm starting to think ahead (just thinking not giving up on what I have despite my pout earlier today) to my next grow some 30 days away. I have some more White Widow Fem seeds, some Sour Diesel Fem and some G13 (regular photos). Mulling around what I should grow. I'll do 2 plants but don't want to do 2 different strains at one time. Anyone have any experience with any of these? Whats your thoughts?

Whine away Modest Dawg...I don't think you've done anything wrong at all man...all you've done is learnt and taught! When I tuned into your grow maybe 6 weeks ago...I had no idea what an RDWC even was...let alone a Scrog! :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The ONLY reason I have a RDWC system is because of you, Dawg! Left to my own devices I'd still be whiling away the hours/conferrin' with the flowers/consultin' with the rain/And my head I'd be scratchin'/ While my thoughts were busy hatchin'/If I only had a brain.

:adore: The Great and Powerful Wizard of Scrog!

I'd still be whiling away the hours/conferrin' with the flowers/consultin' with the rain/And my head I'd be scratchin'/ While my thoughts were busy hatchin'/If I only had a brain.
:theband:

Ya know...Its just better that you don't smoke.:phew:

Did a bunch of cleaning out in the canopy this morning. Things look a little better now that you can see down into the plants. The first picture doesn't look like its thinned out to much but when you look from the side a bit theres a lot of light getting down in there now. Heres a few random shots from day 25 of flower.
Day 25 of Flower
MG_9153.jpg

MG_9142.jpg

MG_9159.jpg

MG_9164.jpg

MG_9173.jpg

Took a good look at my plants this evening. The stretch is about over with only an inch of growth in the last three days. Was 13" above the pots when they started to stretch and now they're at 25" so almost doubled in height. Just noticing today some very faint traces of sugaring on about half the buds. They are coming along nicely but the last few days have been a little slow for them. Its day 28 with expected flowering time of about 70 days so not quite half way there yet. As this is my first grow I'm not sure what to expect will happen in the next couple of weeks into mid bloom, anyone care to enlighten me?

Took a good look at my plants this evening. The stretch is about over with only an inch of growth in the last three days. Was 13" above the pots when they started to stretch and now they're at 25" so almost doubled in height. Just noticing today some very faint traces of sugaring on about half the buds. They are coming along nicely but the last few days have been a little slow for them. Its day 28 with expected flowering time of about 70 days so not quite half way there yet. As this is my first grow I'm not sure what to expect will happen in the next couple of weeks into mid bloom, anyone care to enlighten me?
That sugar production is going to pick up. Then youll notice the buds being buds instead of just a bunch of pistils.
Followed by a slight swell and smell will increase followed by another big swell and then ripening.

But thats very broad like you and that other guy noticed same strain totally different patterns youve done a great job thus far you can never kick you feet up but you can at least sit down and watch the show now lol

Not So Rookie Anymore

Ours look pretty similiar dawg. Keep up the good work.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Water change day. Picture day. Up'd the Flora Series nutes to 740 ppm along with some Cal/Mag, Z7 and Liquid KoolBloom.

Day 29 Flower
MG_9186.jpg

MG_91921.jpg

MG_91971.jpg

MG_9206.jpg

MG_9216.jpg

MG_9223.jpg

MG_9210.jpg

MG_9200.jpg

Back
Top Bottom