Scrogdawgs 400W RDWC White Widow Fem Scrog Grow

Lol The Delorean!! Makes sense Dawg...just because the calendar says it's autumn...doesn't mean the plant acknowledges that change straight away! Looking fantastic whatever day it is! :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Got an issue cropping up today. Anybody have any idea what it is? I'm thinking Calcium deficiency. I did a reservoir change this morning and added more Cal/Mg. I had been using it sparingly because my tap water was 200 ppm, thought maybe I didn't need much of it.
MG_9253.jpg

MG_9248.jpg

Got an issue cropping up today. Anybody have any idea what it is? I'm thinking Calcium deficiency. I did a reservoir change this morning and added more Cal/Mg. I had been using it sparingly because my tap water was 200 ppm, thought maybe I didn't need much of it.
MG_9253.jpg

MG_9248.jpg
That woulda been my advice...

Not So Rookie Anymore

Deficiencies can be so frustrating! It seems like no matter how much effort we put into ensuring the perfect amount of water and nutrients that something is going to go wrong. And searching the forum or Googling it isn't much help because the same symptoms can be attributed to so many different causes. Even the best intentioned advice given here is often nothing more than a best guess. I think that's why questions of pH and EC/ppm are so widely answered; it's something measurable that we have some control over.

One of my WWs is acting wonky now and I think I'm going to just put her on a water only diet and let nature take its course.
Damn it, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a botanist!

It sure looks like calcium def. I would check my ph pen to make sure it's calibrated. Maybe your ph is in the wrong range? I wish you luck scrogdawg. Sorry I am not much help.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Looks like what I took to be calcium deficiency on my purple kush in my journal and is now showing up just slightly on my two white widows the last couple of days .. As Germinator says, my problem (I am assuming since I am feeding 4ml/gal of calmag in well water) was not keeping my ph pen calibrated it was reading like .6 too high! Just wanted to second that idea and say good luck!

I calibrated my meter yesterday when I did the reservoir change. PH was right on at 7 and off by .1 at 4. PPM's were bang on at 1000, so its not the meter for sure. Seems the plants are drinking more again today so I think it was a low calcium induced lockout. Couple more days will tell for sure but I'm optimistic.

Ph at 7? I thought 5.8 was ideal? 5.5 to 6.1 range?

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

Oh ok. I see. I thought you were saying your nute solution was 7. Haha. Sorry.

[Disclaimer]

Sure wishin I were a excellent diagnostician, alas tho, I be not a diagnostician at all, one good point tho, I can now spell diagnotisian, oh darn, no I cant neither

One thing about dwc,, it is a hundred percent science, so, is a hundred percent solvable, just like math, but, jusy lime math, it can be confusing and complicated as,all get out

So I will get out

I love rdwc. But. I used 3/4 pvc on the bottom of mine and the roots grew into them causing flow problems. I will build again but will use 2 inch pvc on the bottom.

[Disclaimer]

Got my new Amazon $11 loupe that clips onto my phone today. I think I need to steady up some when taking the pictures though. Nice to see the trichomes up close and personal.
IMG_049443.jpg

IMG_049345.jpg

IMG_049150.jpg

IMG_048943.jpg

Back
Top Bottom