Solo Cup Comp: Bring It!

Sorry if I missed it earlier- but I wonder what ph you are running? I grow in sunshine mix as well. Ph should be in the 5.8 - 6.2 range. A swing through that range is preferable, as opposed on staying in one spot constantly.

Just after the flush I did the other day, it was testing around 6.5. I'm just using drops. First run off was yellow (not orange). After a few bottles of water it turned greenish yellow.

Thanks for the link. I've been through this ph stuff on every grow. The difference here is the small container. It's very short (soil is about 3 1/4" high) but round. The leaf tips aren't burning or yellowing. Some of the lower leaves fan are turning a faded yellow. All the other leaves are clawed. The stems are dark purple on top and yellow/green underneath.

I was kind of hoping she would look good this morning after the flush. There's always tomorrow:high-five:

I'm not throwing in the towel, but I really hope the next grow goes better:Namaste:

My runoff is around 6.7 ish.
But honestly, I would just ignore the runoff. It causes you to pull your hair out.
It's what goes in that counts. Keep that consistent and the runoff will follow anyway. What ph are you feeding and watering at?
If you can get a ph pen or meter, and keep it wet- stored in storage solution, and calibrate it often, it's easier to manage.

The struggle is real:clown:

46 days and we're looking pretty week. I flushed tonight with 5x the amount I normally give (500ml). First run off was low (below 6 - yellow -but not orange). Final run off was about 6.5.

Just can't seem to dial it in. I did order the AN trio (currently using FF) so the next time I feed I will use that.

The weather has been really warm so I took the extra blankets off the tent and added another fan. Going to start another grow in a 3gal pot with White Widow.

IMG_47997.JPG

Whats your RH in there?

I've been looking at that poor plant and I think it's just plain sick of the pot and that soil and if you keep chasing it may die..save it and transplant it really.you can grow another. .think your driving your self nuts with it.
Transplant it
Give her some love. .LoL:circle-of-love:

Wow! Way warm and to high humidity for a flowering plant. I never like to go over 79 and 40.

I think that plant is suffering form heat and humidity and is having a hard time defending its
self in those conditions.

JMO. Hope it helps.

My flowering room rarely averages below 65 RH (it's usually in the 70s) even with a dehumidifier going, and temps get in the low (often) to mid (sometimes) 80s. I operate just on the safe(ish) side of getting the occasional spot of mold or budrot. I've been growing in this room for 6 years now, and before I got the dehumdifier, conditions were worse. I've never had any problems that look anything like Golfer's from high RH or high temps.
But when my ph dips low- into the low 5s, I consistently get problems that look very much like his. Drooping leaves, purple stems, and slow growth.
Anyway, just my 2c.

The plants seem happy without me there to annoy them, everything ticking away well enough under automation. They don't even care about me...
I'm up to 650 ppm in the res now. Sounds a bit low hey (?) but I don't see any reason to raise it very quickly.
The tallest one in the back, a White Widow, is at 20" height from the top of the container. At first I thought the few curly leaves at the top of it were a N problem, but I figured out it's because it sprouted up right in front of the movement fan and got blasted by the wind. ( I rearranged things... )

image36463.jpg

image36462.jpg

Thanks Spitz. It's DTW- just runs on to the plywood board they're sitting on, then to the floor and down the drain. Thanks for mentioning it. I need to put a little board or something under the plywood to tilt it back, so that the waste runs away from that gap I cut in the plywood. When I moved them away from that fan last night I forgot.
I figure I'd be having ph swings if it was recirculating. Based on what I've read, anyway. I haven't checked the ph since I filled the res nine days ago. I assume it's reasonably ok though or I'd see it in the plants.

I regretfully withdraw from the competition :ciao:

I haven't seen much progress so I took Old Grower's suggestion and transplanted to a 3 gal pot. Gave some water and the first feeding of AN - lower than recommended. She didn't look root bound by any means.

I've got my first photo white widow between wet paper towels. I'm going to end of up having two 3 gal pots inside that tent. It worked for my last grow of Jack Herer.

Still watching some of these amazing plants :goodjob:

IMG_48048.JPG

20160312_192828.jpg
20160312_192813.jpg
20160312_191335.jpg
Here she is at day 32, and seeing a little yellowing of the lower leaves so I'll keep an eye on that.
And here is the mini DWC at day 5 of a Gorilla Glue clones.

A pre-harvest video I created in tribute to my Jilly Bean solo cup plants that are a few days away from getting the chop. Enjoy the music mates and have a good night!:hookah:

And a quick shout out to Marzbadrock for introducing me to the wonderful world of solo cup growing, it's much appreciated!:high-five:

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

You beat me to it Cola. Yes! A big thanks to Marzbadrock for starting this. :thanks:

I dragged them into the veg room to try and get some better light on the subjects.

image36493.jpg

image36492.jpg

It's become obvious since last time I checked, that the problem on the White Widow, that I convinced myself was wind burn, actually is N toxicity and gotten much worse (well, it had some wind burn too...). Definitely giving it a bad hair day. I mixed different nutes accordingly. Less calmag now and mostly just bloom booster nutes no N.
The other perlite one (Ace mix 1) is also looking a bit too green to me. I don't know if it's related to the mini-hempy style- or just finicky strains. Never had an nitrogen OD before with these bloom nutes though, when growing in soilless. I'm going run off and to go ask Tead about it...

image36499.jpg

I really like the look and shape of this Ace mix 1 plant for some reason.

image36490.jpg

image36491.jpg

The Critical cheese is also fairly nice.

image36488.jpg
The other Ace Mix (2) is becoming a strange blob.

Agreed, while all the help I have received on my main grow from all the great growers here. This solo cup deal have shown me community spirit that "I" normally don't even see in my everyday life.
Thanks to all who have participated and help make this the crazy fun loving place it has become. :goodjob::thumb:

Agreed, while all the help I have received on my main grow from all the great growers here. This solo cup deal have shown me community spirit that "I" normally don't even see in my everyday life.
Thanks to all who have participated and help make this the crazy fun loving place it has become. :goodjob::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom