Sqwheels' Garden - Bonsai Style

re: Sqwheels' Garden - Bonsai Style

Happy New Year Sqwheels :partyboy: ... LED? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can't believe it's taken me so many days to get in here, I've been fighting this energy-less feeling for weeks now. I am hardly able to keep up with the girls and a little house chores...I've been lying down with my feet up...they have decided to swell excessively for no good reason, I even had to get some compression socks. I'm not resting good at night because I'm up every 2 hours to use the bathroom...on top of that my arm (shoulder, elbow and writst) has been painful to the point that I don't even want to lift it.

It's been a rough couple of weeks here. Sorry I'm rambling...

bid, X, chronic... thanks so much for the happy new years...back atchyall

buckshot... Happy New Year to you. Ya, maybe, I have a choice to make and I'm unsure which way to go...any advice?

hozona... Same to ya...thanks for hangin' in there, I've been a little lax on the journal lately. I'm trying to fix that.

OMM... ya...what they said, back atcha, I hope you and Jo are well. I'll be over to your journal to see what's up shortly...gonna try to get an update done tonight

Thank you all for the well wishes, I hope you all had a great New Year's

Sq

Hi Folks
:ciao:

Update time...many things different here since last time.

I hope everyone had a Happy New Year
:partyboy:

I've jarred and burped all of my harvest and they are curing nicely...I put a humidipak in each jar to see if that helps in the long run. Will revisit this later.

These pics are all a few days old, sorry nothing from today...no energy

On Dec 26th I flipped the vegging girls 1 ea Wonder Woman, Northern Lights x Big Bud, Aurora Indica and Blue Widow, all clones from previous grows to 12/12 under a 400w hps. This is a first for me, I've been using MH for the last year and a half...wow, the difference in color spectrum really surprised me.

Instead of improving, I'm getting worse at taking pics...I bet I took 60 pics, and these are the best of them

When I transplanted NLxBB I broke her at the main Y in her stem, I didn't have anything but a bag tie handy so that's what I used...telling myself the whole time...NOT to leave it too long or this would happen...well the pics tell the tale

DSCN35612.JPG

DSCN35601.JPG

DSCN35591.JPG

It's pretty deep, but has improved since I removed the tie...so I'll let it go and see what happens, the original break, just above the ring from the tie, is virtually undetectable, I couldn't get a good shot of it, but you might be able to see it in the first two pics

here's her canopy...she is stretching a lot, although a little behind the others in showing her flowers. Today she looks happy and healthy so I think she's gonna survive it
:phew:
DSCN3562.JPG

Aurora Indica under the hps...this lighting is awful for pics
DSCN3563.JPG

Blue Widow...she was on the verge of flowing when I flipped them and is showing a lot of hairs for just 3 days from GLR to 12/12
DSCN3565.JPG

DSCN35681.JPG

and Wonder Woman... she's gotten quite big again this time but I wanted the others to catch up a little. I'm glad I left her under the cfl's for a week while the other 3 went to the mh for that week. I can't believe how shaky I am...I could not get a decent shot her, I must have tried 20 times...they all looked like this, sorry

DSCN3574.JPG

from below
DSCN35701.JPG

she's really covered with bud sites and will produce a lot again this time... I love this little plant. But after reading some reviews, I'm not sure this IS Wonder Woman...more on that subject later

oh, found one more of her canopy...a little better shot
DSCN3581.JPG

a couple more recent, you can see some flowers showing
DSCN35831.JPG

DSCN3585.JPG

Under the hps...
DSCN35782.JPG

what a difference a week makes...the most recent shot of them under hps...I can't get over the light wave difference

DSCN35801.JPG

the newest veglings...2 WW clones and another Blueberry Gum clone, maybe I'll actually get to grow this one out and taste it. However, my buddy who adopted my first BbG brought me a sample of her a week ago and she turned out really nice for him, but he grows in dirt with different nutes, so I'm sure it will be different for me

DSCN3598.JPG

That's it for the picture show folks, hope you like

A few thoughts...because I have such great friends who brought me samples of their harvest when I ran out of my own, I've not had to smoke any of my own harvest other than those initial samples a couple weeks ago, I'll get into it soon enough tho and give a proper review when I do.

For the present, I'm trying to decide on which new seeds to germ. I have several and have to choose just 3...room limitations.

I've been searching the strain review sites and I now question if I'm actually growing Wonder Woman...or exactly how accurate those review sites really are. ???

The description given for WW is not what I'm growing...she doesn't smell like skunk, more fruity/spicy and she grows more compact than most sativa's I've seen...I thought her to be indica dominant for sure, but this says different

Wonder Woman marries some of the best sativa breeding genetics around. This hybrid includes White Widow, Thai genetics, Original Haze genetics as well as a strong involvement from the seminal strain Skunk #1. It is a sativa delight. It grows in a typically sativa manner with some stretching with the onset of flowering. It produces largish plants with solid buds of green to gold colours. Wonder Woman has a strong skunk taste and as expected this strain is similarly potent to its parent genetics

Okay, back to my dilema...too many to choose from
:blunt:not a bad problem to have, but still a problem. A few I'm considering skunk 47, MKage, SSSDH, OG #18, Power Skunk, and the infamous LSD...some of these are more sativa dom and I need to make sure I grow those together as a group, and not mix the indica dom plants with them. I am trying to be a little more organized don' cha know :rofl:

Any personal experience/reviews with any of these strains would be appreciated

Also, as Buckshot caught I'm considering LED's... Advanced has a diamond series in both 150 and 350...I can't decide if I should get two 150's or one 350. A little more research is needed...can these be used for veg and flower? I think so. Some day I'll be growing in a much smaller space...think rv closet.

Any input is always welcome...please feel free to comment on any/all of this

Thanks for lookin', hope you enjoy

:green_heart:

Sq

Hi sqwheels. :high-five:

Your girls look great as usual.

You sound like Jo did a month ago. Didn't want to do anything. Hopefully it will pass soon, hers finally did.
You've been working too hard anyway.

Buy 2 of the smaller lights....they daisy chain any way.......many more options with 2. :thumb:

and yes you can adjust the light so you could technically veg with it
although i only use them for flowering

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well over there. Plants are looking great though. I'd get one smaller LED and use it for flower and keep your veg going under CFL. If you need more, well then you can add the 2nd LED.

OMM,

Thank you for the compliment, much appreciated :Namaste: BPN is pretty much idiot proof. Thanks Corey :bravo:

I just don't understand it..for like 8 weeks or so I've been completely sapped...some days it's takes all my energy just to get dressed, It's ridiculous, and then the girls, laundry, dishes, dinner...etc. I'm whipped at the end of the day, and can't sleep more than a couple hours at a time at night. Crazy! I wake up at 5:30 am and I'm already tired. I'm sick of it

I had that same thought, get two...and I think I read somewhere that the light is direct (straight down) no real spread. Is that right?

Then again, the actual table I grow on is only 32" x 42" -- the room is 4' x 5' the 150 has a coverage of 2.5 x 2.5 and the 350 is 4 x 4.

Have you had any issues with yours? Did your paperwork give a life expectancy? They are so expensive. ya know

Have you started a new grow yet? I'm still back at the story...around Dec 27th I think? Hope you and Jo are well.

:circle-of-love:

Sq

Hi Cronic,

Ya, adjustable wave and intensity I think I read...I'm still researching

Hey OG,

man I love your avatar...too cool

multiple light discounts...if I order two. but it doesn't say how much of a discount. I still have a couple other questions, I think I'll call them

:peace:
Sq

Sqwheels, I'm really sorry to hear about how you are feeling. I sure hope you feel better and get your energy back.

I don't know much about LEDs but seems like you are getting good advice. Unless you get deeper light penetration with the more powerful one, then I like the idea of two of them as mentioned.

Take care of yourself, k??

OMM,

Thank you for the compliment, much appreciated :Namaste: BPN is pretty much idiot proof. Thanks Corey :bravo:

I just don't understand it..for like 8 weeks or so I've been completely sapped...some days it's takes all my energy just to get dressed, It's ridiculous, and then the girls, laundry, dishes, dinner...etc. I'm whipped at the end of the day, and can't sleep more than a couple hours at a time at night. Crazy! I wake up at 5:30 am and I'm already tired. I'm sick of it

I had that same thought, get two...and I think I read somewhere that the light is direct (straight down) no real spread. Is that right?

Then again, the actual table I grow on is only 32" x 42" -- the room is 4' x 5' the 150 has a coverage of 2.5 x 2.5 and the 350 is 4 x 4.

Have you had any issues with yours? Did your paperwork give a life expectancy? They are so expensive. ya know

Have you started a new grow yet? I'm still back at the story...around Dec 27th I think? Hope you and Jo are well.

:circle-of-love:

Sq

Hi Sqwheels. Sorry you're still in a funk. Sounds like both physical and mental. Get your man to take you out for a day or so and just take it easy. You need to refresh.

The lights last a very long time....very....years. The only maintenance is to vacuum the fans after every grow. That takes no time at all. The 350 would be perfect for your grow area.

Just to satisfy yourself......compare.......what other things you could buy for the same amount of money. It might be surprising. OMM :high-five:

Sqwheels, I'm really sorry to hear about how you are feeling. I sure hope you feel better and get your energy back.

I don't know much about LEDs but seems like you are getting good advice. Unless you get deeper light penetration with the more powerful one, then I like the idea of two of them as mentioned.

Take care of yourself, k??

Hi X,

Thank you for the good vibes...my arm is a little better, but still really sapped. Still haven't decided on the LED's. I've got a few weeks left on this grow...I should probably not switch mid cycle anyway.

I've been reading your journal and have several ?'s...I'll have to get back to them tho, trying to get an update done tonight. You are so thorough...I just love following your grows. I'm so far behind...that PE is probably done now!

I hope you and yours are doing well and happy and healthy

:peace:

Sq

Back
Top Bottom