Stoney's First Journal: Cheap Tents & LEDs With High Brix Blend - Fall 2018

Look what just arrived....
Make sure to cover your lights when you burn or the electronics can fail from sulfuric acid. Run your humidifier while burning you want the humidity as high as you can get it. Burn for about 6 hours and you should be good. The plants seem to like it too.

Make sure to cover your lights when you burn or the electronics can fail from sulfuric acid. Run your humidifier while burning you want the humidity as high as you can get it. Burn for about 6 hours and you should be good. The plants seem to like it too.

Thanks Neiko--A bit nervous being my first Sulphur Burn! It is happening Tuesday, will have to take the Malawi and GDP out of the area I think. If anyone else has words of advice to offer, as always, I'm all ears!

Cheers gang, and Happy Friday. Hope it's off to a good start!
:smokin:

I was a big Agassi fan too. Saw him play live a couple of times.
Amy............I see your Agassi and raise you a Borg and McEnroe. They may have played in a final or two against each other in their careers.

see your Agassi and raise you a Borg and McEnroe.

Oh I would have loved to see both of them play! I just watched the Laver Cup over the weekend actually and Bjorn Borg was captain of Team Europe and John McEnroe was captain of Team World! SO it’s uncanny that you mention both of them just now, as I’ve just been watching them - they weren’t playing just captaining the teams and mentoring the players (including Federer, Djokovic, Isner, Anderson, Zverev, Kyrgios, Tiafoe, Dimitrov, Sock). It was played at the big sports centre in Chigago. Very entertaining indeed! :popcorn:

What is the benefit of a sulphur burn ? I know, I know I should go back and read......:peace:

Yeah, bought it for the PM that the Sherbet brought into the tent, but since removing the Sherbet and Spacer Auto plants, I haven't seen any more, so I'm holding off on the burn until I can get someone to help me move this Malawi Tangie plant out of the room. She's too floppy for my to handle in her 15gal pot alone, and I don't want to have to worry about Sulphur on the trichs. If it wasn't for that one plant being so far along, I'd have done it already.

UPDATE TIME!

So, it looks like the Blueberry Trainwreck I had put into flower was a boy--he got tossed, and another BCP was up-potted into a 7-gal plastic pot which I drilled a few more holes into.

The Flower tent now has 4 BCP, 1 Malawi x Tangie OG, 1 Devil's Carnival. One BCP is in a 10 gal fabric pot, the rest 7 gallon plastic pots. My very last remaining BCP will be dropped into a 20 gal fabric pot in the veg tent, and vegged for another 2-3 weeks while we wait for the Malawi x Tangie OG to finish.

Devil's Carnival was having some trouble catching up, but only a few hours after a Snake Oil foliar, the leaves were already telling me she's doing better. GDP seems to have finally grabbed on, as well. They were both started in the cold outside, and it shows in their development--not a great idea.

**2018 Experiment notes: Starting plants outside in the cold and bringing them inside to flower has some advantages, but overall, the plants that went through it seem to experience stunted growth rates and vigor that doesn't get made-up-for in flower. NOT worth it.**

The rest of the ladies are being fed per the User Guide, waiting for the plants to drink before feeding each next drench. They're getting Brixed each week, and often a 1/2 str de-stress as well. Transplant Drenches are fed at 2x strength, others at 1x strength for the most part.

Alright, enough words for now--pics!

Nice before and after shots of the wet - dry cycle :)

Those peppers look awesome! So do they get left over drenches... and foliars... from the kit?
Thanks Amy!

Why yes, they do! I'm such a pepper-head, some days she gets her own 5-gal Transplant Drenches, all to herself. Each and every foliar I mix I do a full quart, and I almost always have leftovers after the indoor garden is done, so outside it goes!

I was wondering earlier....I'd bet there's a small chance this is the biggest Pepper Plant to ever be grown in SF...it's 8ft tall and 10ft wide!

Excellent - I thought that’s what you’d said before ... so I’ve been giving the other gardener in the family (who grows the food) left over drenches and foliars too, just a little, and things in the veggie garden are looking quite amazing as a result. Just using it as an adjunct, because I know it’s optimised for cannabis not veggies, but still... the broccoli leaves are looking a little ‘fake’ :thumb:

Excellent - I thought that’s what you’d said before ... so I’ve been giving the other gardener in the family left over drenched and foliars too, just a little and things in the veggie garden are looking quite amazing as a result. Just using it as an adjunct, because I know it’s optimised for cannabis not veggies, but still... the broccoli leaves are looking a little ‘fake’ :thumb:

Just keep the CAT away from leafy greens, or anything you don't want flowering, and you should be golden! Transplant Drench is my favorite for veggies in general, but sometimes I notice a Cal-Mag deficiency, and I hit them with the Growth Ionic Drench. Only problem I ever had was some CAT got on leafy greens that were planted beneath the pepper plants, and they started flowering *literally* the next day. Was something to behold.

Back
Top Bottom