Stunger's Organic Balcony: Growing Daughters Of Mulanje: Watering Via Root Aeration Chambers

Do it!

:laughtwo:

I wonder if a larger container would help.. with a SIP you could use a much bigger reservoir, though that might make 'em grow bigger which might not be all that great on the balcony.
yes my thought is in the same line ,maybe the pure sativas u grow don"t like root bondage, but instead of bigger pots plant seeds a month later ? 🤔 just a thought :peace:

Update

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! A mostly pictorial post today. It's been sunny, raining, bright and dark at various times.

The Mulanje Sherbert is going great guns as far as I can see. I found a couple of small pop corn buds that were dying off so I had some them for a tester today. Well, what can I say, it seemed very nice, but first 'testers' usually are.

The Mulanje HP is still hanging in there, she has grown a couple of new stems from her base complete with nice fresh leaves and buds on top, but I am not sure if the rest of the plant will progress from half a jar of pompoms. However, if those pompoms turn out to intensely potent that would be great.

Anyway I will get a pic of her out of the way first! Once the Mulanje Sherbert is harvested in a couple of weeks I'll be left with the Mulanje HP to focus on. It is a bugger what happened, but it has been a valuable lesson and I think I'll still have plenty of bud for the year ahead

Mulanje HP

Mulanje Sherbert

With the weather so changeable today it was tricky taking pics. I tried to put an old black curtain behind the plant to block some of the light and drizzle.

I have ended applying 'droughting' to the plant, it was drinking itself really light each so I started waiting until she'd show leaf drooping then give her a rescue drink and then repeating it. I am not planning on being as extreme as I was last year, but already it feels very potent and sticky. The mother was a very frosty strain (Mango Sherbert), and the father an African Mulanje so the result should be potent.

Cola pics

She has good sized colas which are surprisingly clean. So far I have not sprayed either plant at all this grow. I don't know if it was the funny weather we had this summer or the soil mix. I have seen the occasional mite but not webs or an infestation, I am guessing that now the nights are getting colder that it is unlikely to become an issue, but if it does become an issue then I'll do something, but for now I am hoping the colder nights will take care of them.

Here's a few cola pics taken with flash

And some closer up bud pics

And on this bud a couple mites have parked their arses, hopefully the cooling weather dissuades them!

And this is my favourite pic from today, a frosty little popcorn bud that is turning purple from the cooling nights. I sampled a similar popcorn bud today and it was really good.

Thanks for dropping in! Wishing you and your gardens to be in great health! :ganjamon:
Really a beautiful lady Stunger, I was wondering if you did any training on her previously? CL🍀

Do it!

I wonder if a larger container would help.. with a SIP you could use a much bigger reservoir, though that might make 'em grow bigger which might not be all that great on the balcony.
Thanks Azi, larger would be good but then size and weight start to bring their own problems to the balcony. I have a little bit of time to ponder on that.
like minded ,& if she has the strength to make it to the finishing line u should get a respectable harvest 🤞:peace:
Cheers Uncle, she is struggling, still a nice green but struggling, yet she isn't folding so maybe she will pick up a little, I am hoping that whatever size her buds reach that they will still be potent and be a nice vape.
yes my thought is in the same line ,maybe the pure sativas u grow don"t like root bondage, but instead of bigger pots plant seeds a month later ? 🤔 just a thought :peace:
I have done well planting later, but with only one outdoor season I find it hard to not rip into it as soon as the Spring weather is ready.
Really a beautiful lady Stunger, I was wondering if you did any training on her previously? CL🍀
Thanks CL, I topped, hexlined, LST'ed, and supercropped her just keep her from flashing the neighbours. 2 feet tall is about as high as I can afford to let them get.

Thanks Azi, larger would be good but then size and weight start to bring their own problems to the balcony. I have a little bit of time to ponder on that.

Cheers Uncle, she is struggling, still a nice green but struggling, yet she isn't folding so maybe she will pick up a little, I am hoping that whatever size her buds reach that they will still be potent and be a nice vape.

I have done well planting later, but with only one outdoor season I find it hard to not rip into it as soon as the Spring weather is ready.

Thanks CL, I topped, hexlined, LST'ed, and supercropped her just keep her from flashing the neighbours. 2 feet tall is about as high as I can afford to let them get.
Well you sure did a great job with her, lots of colas and looking awesome. CL🍀

Beautiful pics, Stunger! but that "black curtain" shot is exceptional!
And so is the Mulange Sherbert..💚

Update - Mulanje Sherbert is darkening with cooling temperatures - let's check some trichomes!

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! Today is windy, overcast, and with rain threatening. Not really a good day for taking pictures but I am noticing how the plant is purpling from the cooler temperatures. Seems darker every day. It is also looking close to being done with some colas looking like they're ready for sniping. This is probably the final whole plant pictures of her. I still intend on keeping her going for as long as possible, I'm thinking, at least another week or two.

Some close-ups for trichomes

I have tried some early testers of this and I find it very good. It is hard or impossible to say much when first testing because so often they are great just for being a new strain and fresh. But given the mother was an Indica dominant Mango Sherbert and the father an African Mulanje, this is 50% Mulanje by genetics and I look forward to not shying away from the hard work ahead in testing it!

I am still seeing mostly clear/cloudy with just the occasional trichome head gone amber.

Thanks for dropping by, keep well, be well, and may your gardens be blooming! :ganjamon:

Such a beautiful plant. You have the stealth balcony grow nearly mastered! Never stop learning. I love when the trichomes turn so nice and uniformly cloudy. Its nice when the tasters are great. Enjoy!
I see mango, but the mango in your grows has always stood out to me.

Update - Mulanje Sherbert is darkening with cooling temperatures - let's check some trichomes!

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! Today is windy, overcast, and with rain threatening. Not really a good day for taking pictures but I am noticing how the plant is purpling from the cooler temperatures. Seems darker every day. It is also looking close to being done with some colas looking like they're ready for sniping. This is probably the final whole plant pictures of her. I still intend on keeping her going for as long as possible, I'm thinking, at least another week or two.

I have tried some early testers of this and I find it very good. It is hard or impossible to say much when first testing because so often they are great just for being a new strain and fresh. But given the mother was an Indica dominant Mango Sherbert and the father an African Mulanje, this is 50% Mulanje by genetics and I look forward to not shying away from the hard work ahead in testing it!

I am still seeing mostly clear/cloudy with just the occasional trichome head gone amber.

Thanks for dropping by, keep well, be well, and may your gardens be blooming! :ganjamon:
Wow! What a big difference in color, is that strain known for being that dark with the cooler temperature? (Meaning the Mango)Btw she’s still stunning, great work bro. CL🍀

Excellent pic's, incredible colors. :welldone:
Won't be long now. :thumb:
Great garden my friend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

yeah i know the feeling stunger , i have to refrain my urge to sow the seeds when the days get longer & the trees get greener .at the moment i don"t live in NZ but the laws are similar with mary jane,though the authorities are some what tolerant for personal use so long one doesn"t over do it, to big or to many plants . i restrict myself to 2 plants & apply LST but not to the extent u go to , your the Guru in LST !!! ,
that sherbert is just stunning . take care & peace to all :peace:

My god, you do nice work Stunger. Every element, including comms and media. Really enjoyable work - and I cant even smell it, let alone taste it. Impressive. I wish for both our sakes that you didn't have to deal with legal prohibition.

Wow! What a big difference in color, is that strain known for being that dark with the cooler temperature? (Meaning the Mango)Btw she’s still stunning, great work bro. CL🍀
Thanks CL! I think the purpling is just because of our cooling night time temps, I would imagine that otherwise it probably wouldn't darken. Visually kind of neat but probably doesn't do anything for the reason we indulge in it!
I love how she's going dark like that! Glorious plant!
Cheers Otter!
Excellent pic's, incredible colors. :welldone:
Won't be long now. :thumb:
Great garden my friend.
Take care.
Thanks Bill!
yeah i know the feeling stunger , i have to refrain my urge to sow the seeds when the days get longer & the trees get greener .at the moment i don"t live in NZ but the laws are similar with mary jane,though the authorities are some what tolerant for personal use so long one doesn"t over do it, to big or to many plants . i restrict myself to 2 plants & apply LST but not to the extent u go to , your the Guru in LST !!! ,
that sherbert is just stunning . take care & peace to all :peace:
Cheers Uncle! I will have to consider whether I should revert to kicking them off later to keep their size down, as when I kicked them off later they seemed to get to maturity fairly easily. Whereas longer vegging and bigger canopies and roots that get stressed over the long veg.. yeah.. hmmm...

Here's a pic from a later started grow, they're smaller but still productive, I think the middle one was just under 11oz.
full

My god, you do nice work Stunger. Every element, including comms and media. Really enjoyable work - and I cant even smell it, let alone taste it. Impressive. I wish for both our sakes that you didn't have to deal with legal prohibition.
Thanks RD! You're very kind but I am not very consistent. However we learn by trying things!
Wow your MS is a real beauty 👏. The photography is top notch, bringing those trichomes to life 👍
Cheers Zeb! I rather like seeing the trichomes at this point!

Update - some more Mulanje Sherbert closeups from pop corn buds

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! I pruned off a couple of pop corn buds that were dying off to check their trichomes, and they looked quite nice and colourful so I'm putting them in this post.

Cheers for stopping by, be well, and I hope your plants are doing great! :ganjamon:

Update - some more Mulanje Sherbert closeups from pop corn buds

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! I pruned off a couple of pop corn buds that were dying off to check their trichomes, and they looked quite nice and colourful so I'm putting them in this post.

Cheers for stopping by, be well, and I hope your plants are doing great! :ganjamon:
Wow! Awesome. Almost looks like you're droughting them.... Oh, wait.....

Back
Top Bottom