Stupidface's First Grow: White Widow Auto In Soil, LED, Advice Always Appreciated

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

Might have to go with the semi-gloss since it's what i already have. Wife would question my sanity if i told her i needed to go get flat paint since it takes better weed photos. And i dont think my response of "Blazing Waffle knows what he's talking about" would ease her fears that i am losing my mind. Think i will wait for a dry day and move the girls into the spare bathroom with some CFLs around them. Current wall color is a gross tan that has gone kind of orange over the years i guess. At least i hope the previous owner didnt choose that color.

Good plan!! Especially not telling the wife that. But really... don't worry about backdrop for photos... only what's in the backdrop..ie things you don't want out on the internet, don't fret over the wall color my man, though I admire the initiative.

:thumb:

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

Day 3: Super timid watering time

Checked the soil tonight and it was dry at least 2-3" down. Used my finger to make a little trench circling the plants about 2 inches out from the stalk, and added about 30ml water to each plant into the trench. After it was absorbed I filled the little trenches back in to prevent the water from evaporating. Very nervous of over-watering but concerned that most of the soil is too dry if the roots do reach it. Might continue this watering method but make the circle larger each time. Wont bother with the pics from tonight because other than an increase in size, they look mostly the same as last night.

Greetings from the Land Downunder Stupidface, your girls are looking mighty fine. I will tag along for the duration. I am about 30 (or so) days into my first grow, so I am learning as I go too. So many great people on this Forum who can help with all your questions, don't be affraid to ask anything, we all had to learn ! My advice for watering your seedlings us to use a small syringe, you can get the water right into the soil where its needed. Water around the seedlings to encourage the roots to spread out, they will seek out the water, making for a strong and healthy root ball. I use a 600ml water bottle that I have drilled a small hole in the cap to allow me to squirt water around the plants in a nice wide arc.
420-magazine-mobile808853349.jpg

Here is where I am at so far, my plants had a slow start because of the cold weather lasting a few weeks longer than was the usual. Good luck and keep up the good work, Mary and Jane look really healthy.

Thanks for stopping by WoundedKnee! I have been following your journal closely as you were the first person to welcome me on this site and made me feel like i made the right choice signing up. Your plants are gorgeous.

My wife recently started an aquarium and i just kept my mouth shut as she kept buying stuff for it since i knew what was coming.
Haha this is how I'm about to buy a new light. I'm subbed this seems like a fun grow. I too am growing autos but haven't had the courage to top any of them. Maybe the next round.

Hi Stupidface. :welcome: I'm on my second grow. I'd like to think I made all my mistakes on the first one, but I doubt it. You need to be careful with the neuts. Have you started using them? What does your soil already have in it? Are they time released?

Hi Stupidface. :welcome: I'm on my second grow. I'd like to think I made all my mistakes on the first one, but I doubt it. You need to be careful with the neuts. Have you started using them? What does your soil already have in it? Are they time released?

Probably going to wait til after day 14 to start adding nutes. Might start calmag and possibly Big Bloom after 7 days since it is mainly just guano and worm castings.

According to promix website my soil contains:
Canadian sphagnum peat moss
Peat humus
Coir (coconut fibre)
Perlite
Limestone
Organic fertilizer
Mycorrhizae

Thanks for stopping by WoundedKnee! I have been following your journal closely as you were the first person to welcome me on this site and made me feel like i made the right choice signing up. Your plants are gorgeous.
Cheers mate, I am having a great time growing, its pleasantly addictive ! My plants are charging along now, I can't believe how well they are doing for a first time grow. Keep up the good work, they are hardy little beasts and they are very forgiving !

Day 4 morning: Houston, we may have a problem.

Woke up this morning to find only a small amount of growth. Was hoping to see the next set of leaves coming along faster especially after giving them a small drink last night. The points on Mary's leaves seem to be curling up. Not sure what is causing this or if it's even something to worry about.

Temps and RH through the night:

IMG_20171010_125741.jpg

Mary:

IMG_20171010_125840.jpg

IMG_20171010_125848.jpg

Jane:

IMG_20171010_125950.jpg

IMG_20171010_125956.jpg

Also had heavy rain all night last night and it was the first time the RH has gotten up to 66%. This was supposed to be a fall/winter grow and it's friggin tropical in there.

Cant hurt lol... i put mine on a timer cause my hydro rate changes during certain parts of the day so its off during the most expensive time of day

In 30 minutes they will get 4 hours of darkness and i will check for any changes after that. Cant bring the light higher without removing the ratcheting strap but if that's what i have to do, then that's what will happen. I suppose that's not a big deal since i wont need to lower the light and the plants can grow up to close the distance.

I expected to be fighting low temps and low humidity but its been warm and muggy everyday.

Hi. I assume you have your light set to veg. What size pot are they in and how wide are leaves? They look fine. If you want to worry about them, use your mister. They like that and you can't really hurt them.

Also had heavy rain all night last night and it was the first time the RH has gotten up to 66%. This was supposed to be a fall/winter grow and it's friggin tropical in there.
Same going on with mine.

Hi. I assume you have your light set to veg. What size pot are they in and how wide are leaves? They look fine. If you want to worry about them, use your mister. They like that and you can't really hurt them.

Yeah light is on veg only. Pots are 5 gal. Will measure the leaves once the light comes back on. I am probably over reacting but if it is an issue better to catch it now. Going to raise the lights another 2-3" and see how they react. I'm like an over protective parent, but i really need these girls to provide me some smoke.

Yeah light is on veg only. Pots are 5 gal. Will measure the leaves once the light comes back on. I am probably over reacting but if it is an issue better to catch it now. Going to raise the lights another 2-3" and see how they react. I'm like an over protective parent, but i really need these girls to provide me some smoke.
She looks healthy and happy as a pig in shit!
That slow too growth is bc you watered. The roots are growing and establishing. You're fine pimpin. Wait a day and see how the soil is, you're right on point!

I know how you feel buddy. My plant looks fine but the roots are not perfectly white so before i know it im at the hudroponic store buying shit before i notice any real problems. Better to try ro fix the problem as early as possable

Back
Top Bottom