Stupidface's First Grow: White Widow Auto In Soil, LED, Advice Always Appreciated

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

Trust me you don't want to kill anything. I lost my whole crop last round. Very depressing

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

Sorry to hear that. I definitely do not want to kill them til its harvest time. Was just making a bit of joke. If I lose them to a beginner mistake it would be awful but doing everything right and losing them to something beyond my control would probably be even more frustrating.

Night 5: No news is good news.

Nothing caught in the sticky traps. Lowered tent humidity to 55% since plants look healthy and i dont really like having anything humid in the basement. Both are slightly taller, slightly wider and still marijuana plants. Boring photos for documentation to follow. Apologies in advance :sorry:

Mary

IMG_20171011_215511.jpg

IMG_20171011_215538.jpg

Jane

IMG_20171011_220021.jpg

IMG_20171011_220114.jpg

Don't be sorry for the pics man,I upload 2 or 3 sets of pics a day of my boring ass plants! XD

it's actually really cool to look back at, almost like a broke mans time lapse .

Sorry to hear that. I definitely do not want to kill them til its harvest time. Was just making a bit of joke. If I lose them to a beginner mistake it would be awful but doing everything right and losing them to something beyond my control would probably be even more frustrating.
Couple weeks into flower I fed my plants not knowing my soil had time release nutrients. Nitrogen toxicity within 12 hours. Shit happens you learn and move on.

Day 7: We've been duped!

So the more i read into growing in different mediums i keep coming across earthworm castings, or EWC as the kids call it. It got me wondering what those little guys are up to. I did some research (googled it) and it turns out they must have a good marketing department because castings = poop! All this time people have been spending hard earned money on worm shit. My investigative work is about to blow this story wide open but first this coffee is kicking in and i have to go take a casting.

Didn't you know that ? You can go and pick them up in your garden. As a side note - Google the Gippsland Giant Earthworm, they are native to where I live, they would leave a mighty cast !

Just cant believe i've been deceived like that. Bats would never pull this kind of nonsense.

P.S. if a guy calls himself Stupidface dont take anything he says too seriously

Its a crazy place mate, I screamed like a teenage girl at a Bieber gig when I saw my first Huntsman spider - still freak me out a bit. In N.Ireland its only people who are out to do you harm, here its just about every critter, the people are really friendly ! We went camping when we first got here, first thing I saw when I got up in the morning and started cooking breakfast was a 9ft long Monitor Lizard - I threw the kids in the car and watched it eat the eggs I was cooking, then it wandered off. I hit a Wombat in a Land Rover, it did $5000 worth of damage - then walked off like nothing happened ! We have more nasty creatures than you can imagine, thankfully where I live its pretty snake free, they would have me heading back to the cold !

The cuddly ones can be the worst ! Those harmless looking Platypus are some of the worst offenders, the males have spurs on their back legs, they have a very nasty venom in them. Apparently the handlers at Zoos will tell you that getting a jab from one of them is easily as painful as a snake bite Wombats are a nightmare, I hit one in a Land Rover at 110kph, it literally jumped Dukes of Hazzard style, did a ton of damage, while the Wombat trundled off seemingly unharmed ! Kangaroos can do the same. Birds are a nightmare, several species will swoop and attack your eyes. The place is beautiful, but can be a dangerous place !

Coming from a place with no dangerous spiders, snakes, sharks, etc. it all seems so crazy to me. Biggest threat here is hitting a deer or moose on the highway and that's hardly the animals fault. The story i read about koalas having STDs is something that just stuck in my head because who doesnt want a cuddly little koala to hang out with?

Night 6: Learning to count.

So in an earlier post i said it was day 7. I also tried to be funny. Turns out posting at 5am because you cant sleep is not the best idea. Going to give a decent watering tonight before bed with some calmag and a little big bloom. See if we can get some serious results.

Mary:

IMG_20171012_214811.jpg

IMG_20171012_214839.jpg

Jane:

IMG_20171012_215027.jpg

IMG_20171012_215046.jpg

Coming from a place with no dangerous spiders, snakes, sharks, etc. it all seems so crazy to me. Biggest threat here is hitting a deer or moose on the highway and that's hardly the animals fault. The story i read about koalas having STDs is something that just stuck in my head because who doesnt want a cuddly little koala to hang out with?
Koala Chlamydia is mad ! You should hear them humping, it sounds like a war film ! We don't have any round here thankfully. We do have a colony of Fruit Bats, they are really spooky, when they fly off at night fall its like your worst nightmare - they are huge - but harmless. You get used to the wildlife, its a fact of life really. The weather is tge real killer, I got the worst sunburn of my life watering my garden at 9.30am, by 10am I was purple and any exposed skin had blisters ! Took weeks to get over. Anyway, enough about the madness of life in Australia, how are your plants going ?

Your last post answered that ! They are getting up and look pretty damn fine. Just keep on doing what you are doing ! Water around them in a circle about 5cm away from the stem, it will encourage the roots to seek the moisture and encourage a healthy big root ball, which will make for big healthy plants.

So far so good. Dont see any light/heat/water damage on leaves. I'm thinking they are tired of the tiny amounts of water they were getting and are ready for a decent drink. Adjusted the fan in the tent to get both plants wiggling and hoping that i'm not jumping the gun on that.

I water a little and often. I use a water bottle with a hole drilled in the lid. It lets me water exactly where I want the water to go. I give the plants about 150ml of water (with nutrients obviously) in the morning, then again at lunchtime, then again about dinner time. If there is no run off, I will give a bit more until I get a small amount of water in the drip tray under the pots. I have noticed that the plants are now sucking up tge runoff overnight, so I don't drain it off now. Once a week I don't water at all and let the plants suck the Coco close to dry. Find what works for you, what I have noticed is almost everyone has their own way that works for them, you can play about and see how you go.

Day 7: We've been duped!

So the more i read into growing in different mediums i keep coming across earthworm castings, or EWC as the kids call it. It got me wondering what those little guys are up to. I did some research (googled it) and it turns out they must have a good marketing department because castings = poop! All this time people have been spending hard earned money on worm shit. My investigative work is about to blow this story wide open but first this coffee is kicking in and i have to go take a casting.

Now go research uses of Coffee grinds in grows. Hint, there are some. :)

Back
Top Bottom