Stupidface's First Grow: White Widow Auto In Soil, LED, Advice Always Appreciated

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

Alright, staying positive. Plants look really happy tonight, and i bought all this pest control because i knew this would probably happen. They had a good 150ml drink each so they are set for at least a few days now.

Gonna put on some tunes and try and get some sleep before work. Thanks again!

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

Thanks guys, lots of good advice. Since i did a watering, then sprayed with the insecticidal soap tonight i'm going to leave them alone til i get back from work tomorrow. Then i will try the peroxide since i already have some.

Sand from a sand box should be fine eh? At least after a good wash. Would a layer of perlite do the same? I still have a bunch of that left and who knows what is in the sand box outside.

Yeah you can do perilite, I used play sand I had in my back yard, gave it a really good wash with some dish soap in a bucket, rinse it and let it dry. The sand will dry quicker then your soil and confuse the gnats. They won't think the dry sand is a good place to lay their eggs. I like sand because there are less gaps then the perilite.

Gnats can be a bitch to get rid of. I tossed the last grow I started because of them (and some other mistakes).
This time around I've been treating with neem and so far so good. Hope I didn't just jynx myself...

Hi, thanks for stopping by! Right now i have a 6" exhaust fan running off a speed controller and i will definitely be adding a carbon filter once the smell starts. Trying to delay getting things i dont need yet as i got carried away and went over my initial budget. The wife says she doesnt care but she doesnt realize how smelly it's going to get.

The 6" has been great. Keeps good negative pressure in the tent and larger fan means lower speed which means less noise. Bought it from a certain giant online store and probably over-paid though.

Hope you'll stick around as advice is always appreciated!

It is hard to really plan for your first grow. I went over my budget (am retired and disabled) but the WW and AK-47 we WELL worth it. I am going to be around for sure. I have been growing indoors for about three years and have an extensive notebook on goodies I have been collecting from my experience and other growers experiences. One of the best way to get good is look at other growers work even if it is a different species. They are all good learning lessons. Good Luck.

Day 7: Cant no buggy hold me down.

Gnat death count now at 4. Hope the bastards suffered. Air flow is crazy in tent now so they wont be able to fly without being slammed into the tent walls. Jane still showing really slow growth so i'm hoping the larvae arent munching on her roots. Looks ok otherwise. Might just be retarded. (Dont yell at me, it's what the word means!)

Crazy Mary

IMG_20171013_221417.jpg

IMG_20171013_221445.jpg

Special Jane

IMG_20171013_221719.jpg

IMG_20171013_221734.jpg

Looking good bro, nice bright green and they look like they are happy in their forever homes

Day 8: The day after day 7

Only found one more dead gnat. Seems to be under control. Top 3" of soil nice and dry so gave Mary 250ml and Jane 200ml. 1/4 strength CalMag and Big Bloom. Lowered light an inch to see how they react. Cant wait til they get bigger and i can actually do stuff.

Crazy Mary

IMG_20171014_212524.jpg

IMG_20171014_212551.jpg

Lame Jane

IMG_20171014_212810.jpg

IMG_20171014_212825.jpg

I'm glad your techniques were effective against the fungus brats

I must say in the garden I don't mind insects, they all have a place in the scheme of things - but in my world, The Tent - I freak out when I see any living thing ! I found a Moth in there the other day, I have no idea how it got in there, which freaked me out even more !

I agree. Nothing against insects but that tent is sacred and i dont want any variables. I could see myself creating some sort of air lock to go through and dressing up in a hazmat suit before going in to see the girls.

That would be the way to go. I want to make a room with a couple of tents in it. I could seal up the room, make it impossible for any insects to get in, then have a couple of tents inside the room. Put some solar panels on the roof and have a rainwater tank plumbed into a sink, so I can mix nutrients up - just dreaming, but its a goal for the future !

Would it be crazy to jam a second "600W" (270W real wattage) LED into the tent? Tent is only 2x4 but planning to do a third plant next run. Currently have the MEIZHI in my cart and price seems fair. Cant help myself.

Just do it man,lights always come in handy!

Speaking of which, I need another veg light? Change your shipping address to mine?

. actually tho that light will come in handy during bloom

Very tempted. Budgets already surpassed, and if i have a second light in there i could justify getting a bigger tent... I may have a problem

Welcome to 420 mag

:welcome:

I mainline grow tents on the regular

Nice now you should order one for yourself! ;P

Haha haha soo good you crack me up mate XD

Yea blue .

Would it be crazy to jam a second "600W" (270W real wattage) LED into the tent? Tent is only 2x4 but planning to do a third plant next run. Currently have the MEIZHI in my cart and price seems fair. Cant help myself.

You won't regret it. I added a second 600W - I think at BigNStrange's suggestion. I'm growing in a 3x3x7 and gives really good coverage.

Oh gosh am I really that bad pushing everyone into new lights?

Maybe the sponsors should start giving me lights to sell .

Back
Top Bottom