Stupidface's First Grow: White Widow Auto In Soil, LED, Advice Always Appreciated

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

Oh gosh am I really that bad pushing everyone into new lights?

Maybe the sponsors should start giving me lights to sell .

For me your recommendation was all I needed for my impulsive side to kick in. 2 days later Amazon ..... knock... knock ....knock and I was in operation. I have to admit the plants love the extra light.

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

After reading this I'm buying another light for my 3x3x6

You won't regret it. If nothing else your also ready to use one for Veg if needed.

For me your recommendation was all I needed for my impulsive side to kick in. 2 days later Amazon ..... knock... knock ....knock and I was in operation. I have to admit the plants love the extra light.
Lol I'm exactly the same way, once someone says go, I'm off!

Would it be crazy to jam a second "600W" (270W real wattage) LED into the tent? Tent is only 2x4 but planning to do a third plant next run. Currently have the MEIZHI in my cart and price seems fair. Cant help myself.

Mate if you're in a small tent you might wanna check out secret jardin's 22w led strips (55w equivalent)

I've got one down each corner and a couple more up top just to supplement my two 315s

Brings on the lower buds nicely

Day 9: -Insert StarCraft reference here-

Not much to report. New leaves coming in on both plants. Soil still moist from last night. No sign of over-watering or any problems from the small amount of Grow Big i snuck into their drink. Looking forward to doubling the amount of light they are receiving.

Mary

IMG_20171015_213221.jpg

IMG_20171015_213236.jpg

Jane

IMG_20171015_213408.jpg

IMG_20171015_213426.jpg

Slow and steady wins the race as they say right? Whoever they are.

Day 10: Double digits baby!

Growth seems to be accelerating. Still not noticing any issues with the girls. Soil still damp so no water again tonight. Yawn.

Mary

IMG_20171016_205139.jpg

IMG_20171016_205204.jpg

Jane

IMG_20171016_205540.jpg

IMG_20171016_205559.jpg

Lookin good! Fan leaves incoming!

Day 11: Dead cow and old grape juice

Early update today since wife and i finally got an evening off together and a babysitter so we can get out for a belated anniversary dinner. I wont be in any condition to handle the plants when i get back and if i keep my foot out of my mouth i may be, well, preoccupied. Still moisture in soil so no water yet again. Gnats seem to be gone for now. Pics dont look much different than last night but fan leaves are coming. Still looking happy and healthy as far as i can tell. Jane seems as developed as Mary, just smaller in size. Also more symmetrical so she's winning me over.

Mary

IMG_20171017_133540.jpg

IMG_20171017_133558.jpg

IMG_20171017_133614.jpg

Jane

IMG_20171017_133806.jpg

IMG_20171017_133824.jpg

IMG_20171017_133842.jpg

Go StupidFace!

Keep your mouth shut, your head nodding yes, and your credit card ready and I'm sure you'll be flying high tonight ;)

Good luck and congrats on your anniversary! Plants look good too .

My new light came in today and when i opened the door to the room i keep my tent in i caught a very familiar, very pleasant (to me anyway) scent. Thought i was just imagining it but when i checked the girls they are both starting to smell. Going to have to get that charcoal filter sooner rather than later.

New light (Meizhi 600W) seems solidly built and well packaged for shipping. Minor complaint is that 2 of the 4 cables that attach from the light itself to the hanging strap are just slightly longer than the other two, putting almost all the weight on just two cables. Should be fine but that's the kind of shit you have to get right if you want repeat customers. I may re-hang it and use two ratcheting straps with the shorter cables on one and the longer ones on the other. Shit, why didnt i think of that when i was hanging it.....

Lowered the thermostat in that room a couple of degrees but will have to monitor temps to see what happens with a second light in there. It's the ladies bed time right now so i'm trying to disturb them as little as possible. Pics will come tonight when lights come back on.

Can anyone recommend a decent light meter app for android? All that i have tried max out at 10,000 lux. Not sure if that is a limitation of the apps or of the light sensor in my phone though.

Can anyone recommend a decent light meter app for android? All that i have tried max out at 10,000 lux. Not sure if that is a limitation of the apps or of the light sensor in my phone though.
The one I have is simply called light meter.
I don't think you can really have a 'good' one on the phone. But you can definitely use it as a reference.

Day 12: The goggles, they do nothing!

Things got a little brighter today. Had to lower the room temp again and tent temp holding steady around 83F. Turned up the humidifier and got RH to 50%. Might increase further or just leave there. Gave each a drink with calmag and big bloom as leaves were wilting a little. Have perked back up now. Watching carefully for any sign of light burn.

Dug my old phone out of the closet, charged it up and installed 3 light meters. All capped out at 10240 lux. Fuck me. To amazon i went and light meter on its way.

Jane was leaning badly this morning and when trying to straighten her up i noticed that as soon as her stalk hits the soil it bends almost 90 degrees. Almost running parallel to top of soil for a bit. She is going to have a crutch for a few days and have built up some soil around her base. That should be ok as long as that area doesnt get too wet, right?

Doing lots of reading on other journals and hearing great things about Great White. Super expensive to order up to Canada though. Worth it? Do i only need a small amount?

Mary

IMG_20171018_214430.jpg

IMG_20171018_214441.jpg

Jane

IMG_20171018_214548.jpg

IMG_20171018_214608.jpg

Tent

IMG_20171018_214740.jpg

Don't worry about soil around the base, and yea great white is worth it if you can afford it. I bought a different myko product, og teas root webstar from a local hydro shop in BC, I think it was 50 bucks for a pound, works out to a few cups anyways. I only use a 1/4tsp every time I water so yea it lasts a while!

Hydro shop here is pretty bad. Ordered a small jar of great white off ebay to give it a try. Hopefully i have everything i need til harvest now.

Back
Top Bottom