Stupidface's First Grow: White Widow Auto In Soil, LED, Advice Always Appreciated

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

Giving the girls a drink

IMG_20171012_230753.jpg

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

Cute .

Day 7: We've been duped!

So the more i read into growing in different mediums i keep coming across earthworm castings, or EWC as the kids call it. It got me wondering what those little guys are up to. I did some research (googled it) and it turns out they must have a good marketing department because castings = poop! All this time people have been spending hard earned money on worm shit. My investigative work is about to blow this story wide open but first this coffee is kicking in and i have to go take a casting.

Omg! I absolutely love the humor. We all need some funny in our lives. . mind if I follow along? I'm a first timer too.

Awesome! This place is great. It will be exciting to grow along with ya and learn about these fantastic plants together. I hope we both end up with some big tasty fat buds.

Looks like your on a good path so far. The info from these guys is bar none the best. Just don't think you need to do to much. Let the plants ask for things don't try to ram it down there throats

Hi, Biker Dude here ! I was just going through and noticed your comment on the leaves. It is very common for the rounded leaves to curl down. The upper leaves are the important ones and they look fine.

One thing that I didn't notice, may have missed it, was the ventilation system. It not only helps to regulate the climate in the tent (temp, RH, etc) but there is another thing it is very important for, odor control. You will notice when you get to the flowering stage that it will have a very strong smell that is the typical cannabis smell.

If you have to be at all secretive about your grow, you need to look in an on-line purchase site (not sure if I can say the names because I am unsure of advertisement commitments by 420) and get a charcoal filter for your in line fan to filter out the smell. I have a 2x4x5 tent also and I use a 4" in-line fan and filter. It works well for the size and I grew three plants in it (2 WW and 1 AK-47). There was never a problem with smell in my house.

If I had it to do over I would make it a six inch fan and filter with a speed controller on it so you can also use the air movement to control RH and temperature a little easier, but the four inch will work fine.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

Good advice Biker Dude, it is my next purchase. I got the Tent and then some good lights (plants need to grow to smell !) Next up is an intake fan and exhaust fan with carbon filter. It helps keep not just smells down, but can keep humidity down, which will destroy your buds if left unchecked.

Hi, thanks for stopping by! Right now i have a 6" exhaust fan running off a speed controller and i will definitely be adding a carbon filter once the smell starts. Trying to delay getting things i dont need yet as i got carried away and went over my initial budget. The wife says she doesnt care but she doesnt realize how smelly it's going to get.

The 6" has been great. Keeps good negative pressure in the tent and larger fan means lower speed which means less noise. Bought it from a certain giant online store and probably over-paid though.

Hope you'll stick around as advice is always appreciated!

Found two gnats in my sticky traps tonight. Trying to stay calm. Sprayed down the soil with insecticidal soap, put more sticky traps everywhere and now i'm going to let the soil dry out as much as i can without hurting the girls. Definitely not buying this soil again. Not sure if i should just return the other bag, or open the bag and let it dry out completely.

Burn it, that might work

Burn it, that might work
Sacrificial soil!

Try Fox Farm Dont Bug Me.
Shits awesome! I've literally suggested it 2 other times earlier today.
If those fuckers are flying, it will kill them. Naturally. With chrysanthemum poison lol
And the half life is short so you can spray in flower if needed

No in all not seriousness though try hydrogen peroxide diluted in water for a root drench!

I read a 1 to 4 solution of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide and water respectively, poured onto dry soil works!

Also yea be sure to let your soil dry out as much as you can before watering

Stay calm bro! I had the same problem a couple days ago and now they are gone completely.Let your soil dry up (kills the larva) I used some apple cider vinegar and a couple drops of dish liquid to catch the adults. Then threw a couple inches of sand down. Wash the sand dirt though to make sure your not adding anymore pests.

Thanks guys, lots of good advice. Since i did a watering, then sprayed with the insecticidal soap tonight i'm going to leave them alone til i get back from work tomorrow. Then i will try the peroxide since i already have some.

Sand from a sand box should be fine eh? At least after a good wash. Would a layer of perlite do the same? I still have a bunch of that left and who knows what is in the sand box outside.

I've read that with soil They are really really common. Soil growers really have to be attentive to how they water because the gnats love wet dirt. Gnat larva eat roots so it's important to get a handle on them quickly. My girls have quickly became like my second children and big daddy's gonna lay the hammer down on anything that wants to do em harm! I wish problems with my teenager were this easy to figure out. Lol

Back
Top Bottom