Stupidface's First Grow: White Widow Auto In Soil, LED, Advice Always Appreciated

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

I will be following along with this grow! Looks like its really shooting up. What is the power of the two lights you're using?

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

I will be following along with this grow! Looks like its really shooting up. What is the power of the two lights you're using?

Welcome! I started with a 600W viparspectra and today added a 600W meizhi. Second light probably not necessary but will be helpful when buds start.

Welcome! I started with a 600W viparspectra and today added a 600W meizhi. Second light probably not necessary but will be helpful when buds start.

Subbed and catching up! Good call on the second light, you'll love the benefits come flower time

Welcome hortishorti! I've been following your journal and learning lots.

Thank you I hope it is helpful to you! some other awesome journals are PW's Perpetual Playhouse and King's Outdoor Promix-Coco Battle if you're not already on them - PW and KJ are real awesome dudes! I've learned pretty much everything I know by reading their journals - excited to see you along this journey, friend!

Day 13: New day, new growth

Lots of new growth on both plants. Both still a nice shade of green but some droopiness in the leaves. Still some moisture in soil from yesterday's watering so will leave them be tonight. No sign of light stress as far as i can tell, but you guys would know better than i do.

Getting close to topping Mary? This is where i can mess stuff up so looking forward to some advice here.

Mary

IMG_20171019_200027.jpg

IMG_20171019_200058.jpg

IMG_20171019_200113.jpg

IMG_20171019_200213.jpg

Jane

IMG_20171019_200416.jpg

IMG_20171019_200426.jpg

IMG_20171019_200443.jpg

They look really Good! Almost at topping, I won't give too much advice there as I am learning about it myself, but most people go between the 4th and 5th node so your close!

They look awesome!, the earlier you top - the more room you'll get to play with your side branching, but it looks like you're using the veg only switch which is gonna allow you to stack considerably while keeping the plant short. I'd recommend using both switches if possible :)

They look awesome!, the earlier you top - the more room you'll get to play with your side branching, but it looks like you're using the veg only switch which is gonna allow you to stack considerably while keeping the plant short. I'd recommend using both switches if possible :)

Both switches is certainly possible. I'll go flip them on now.

Generally photoperiods are topped at the 4th or 5th node. But autos are topped at 14-21 days. This is what was recommended to me. I've never topped an auto but probably will on my next grow.

Day 13: New day, new growth

Lots of new growth on both plants. Both still a nice shade of green but some droopiness in the leaves. Still some moisture in soil from yesterday's watering so will leave them be tonight. No sign of light stress as far as i can tell, but you guys would know better than i do.

Getting close to topping Mary? This is where i can mess stuff up so looking forward to some advice here.

Mary

IMG_20171019_200027.jpg

IMG_20171019_200058.jpg

IMG_20171019_200113.jpg

IMG_20171019_200213.jpg

Jane

IMG_20171019_200416.jpg

IMG_20171019_200426.jpg

IMG_20171019_200443.jpg
Stop beating me! Yes this is a race You started I think two days after me and your white widows are blowing my little baby out of the water. Keep it up!

Temps jumped up to 85F with both switches on. Getting close to the danger zone i think. Exhaust fan turned up to high and going to open the window in that room for a bit. Colder weather should be here soon to make this easier to deal with.

Stop beating me! Yes this is a race You started I think two days after me and your white widows are blowing my little baby out of the water. Keep it up!

I honestly think i got lucky with Mary. Jane is like half her size and wanting to fall over. Still plenty of time for me to mess this up :)

Triple posting like a boss. Entire room i have my tent in now at 85F. Did some math and air is cycling through tent every 10 seconds. Decided to turn the exhaust fan down and open the door to the room and spread heat throughout the basement. Had a chat with my cats about not messing with the tent but sometimes i think they dont really listen.

Cats are f$&#ers my cats love eating dope plants XD

How do you have it that high right now? My heat keeps kicking on to keep it at 73F with the lights out. Of course they won't listen. Just think how much less you'd like them if they talked back. Haha. I got mine going on in a spare bedroom so it's hermetically sealed from kitties. My blackout curtains in the bedroom are pocked with the stabs of a thousand kitten claws.

I have a heater in there set to 18C (64F) but it never turns on. The two lights with both switches on is heating the entire room. Lights only go out for 4 hours and that's during the warmest time of day. Moved into this house in the spring and so far i have to say it is well insulated. We'll see how it goes when winter comes.

Oh. Wasn't even thinking about outside heating. My tent is generally 5F-10F warmer than the rest of the house. I'll have to bump the heat up a little further down the line because I plan on growing through winter. We used a space heater when we ran out of kerosene last year and it added a crazy amount to our electric bill otherwise I would heat that room separately.

Back
Top Bottom