Stupidface's First Grow: White Widow Auto In Soil, LED, Advice Always Appreciated

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

Soil was bone dry when i dropped the seeds in, then used a spray bottle to give them a good misting. Initially misting evaporated within hours so i had to turn down the exhaust fan and gave them another spray the next day. They wont be getting another drop until the soil feels completely dry at least two inches down.

Re: Stupidface's First Grow - White Widow Auto In Soil - LED - Advice Always Apprecia

Came home from work today to find one of girls had popped out of the soil. Leaves curled down which means too much water? Otherwise looks ok. No sign of the other plant yet but when i sprouted it the tap root curled around the seed so it may be having a tough time getting everything straightened out. Temp held steady at 79F and RH at 58%.

IMG_20171007_210357.jpg
She'll be fine by tomorrow!

Subbed. :) Interested in this one due to the lighting and variety. I'm doing WW, photo period plants though.

White Widow First Grow

I'm gunna jump in while this thread is young!

Looks like it's gunna be a fun one :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice work so far .

Subbed. :) Interested in this one due to the lighting and variety. I'm doing WW, photo period plants though.

Subbing. Would like to try photo, but was dumb and bought a tent that's only 5' tall. Probably going to have to be aggressive with LST as is.

Subbing. Would like to try photo, but was dumb and bought a tent that's only 5' tall. Probably going to have to be aggressive with LST as is.
I did the same thing haha. The 6' is in the mail

"but was dumb and bought a tent that's only 5' tall."

Not so dumb. I have a 2m tent. Advantage is that it gives me height to play with light distance / heat issues. I thought that 2m would be needed when i went flowering and the plants started to stretch. Was expecting from my reading that they would at least double, maybe triple in height then.

Not so much. :( I reckon doubling is what will happen at most. That said it could be the hormone (6-BAP) i hit mine with early on. Made em go bushy. Also, i think i did a relativity short vege, as was concerned about height which turned out not to be a prob.

Arghhhhhh!! Main thing to remember for next time is dont intervene so much. Just mainly let them do their own thing apart from 1 or 2 toppings and mild LST.

You should be alright with 5ft tent as long as you lst. Imo LST is the only way to go anyway. Last run I had several plants that were 18 to 20 inches that yielded alot of bud. Here is a ww auto that I trained on my first run, she was 18in tall from the soil to the top of colas and she yielded over 4oz of colas. LST is alot of fun, you will love it and will probably train all your plants after you see all the colas you get and how well they react to the training. Hope it works out for you.✌️
420-magazine-mobile1256661687.jpg
420-magazine-mobile109354875.jpg

Day 2: Name day

I've been spending some time trying to decide on names so i can stop referring to the girls as #1 and #2. Decided for the first grow to keep it simple.

Say hello to Mary. She has basically doubled in size since yesterday and some of the droopiness is gone. Still going to resist the urge to water and let her roots go looking for it.

IMG_20171008_212031.jpg

IMG_20171008_212040.jpg

And her sister (you guessed it), Jane. Jane is a little slower but she tries hard so I dont hold it against her. Had to help her get her hat off tonight.
IMG_20171008_211842.jpg

IMG_20171008_211947.jpg

Also, happy thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian growers!

They're adorable :cheesygrinsmiley:

Happy thanksgiving mate .

Last grow (my third) i flipped em when they were almost six inches past my thigh and they ended up chest height, which was a bit much
I flipped em this time around knee height - I'm sure they've lept six inches since friday!

I'm hoping they reach around waist height this time

If they get out of hand ud be best off super croppin them or even tiein them dwn might help if its an issue wit the height from the light

If they get out of hand ud be best off super croppin them or even tiein them dwn might help if its an issue wit the height from the light
I agree, you can lst them to keep low and bushy with a even canopy. It will also help to get alot of colas.✌️

OK, here's a strange question for you guys. I would like to paint a wall in the room that I have my grow tent in. Semi-gloss latex paint. Will the fumes cause my plants any issues? Reason for painting is to make a nice backdrop for pictures once the girls get bigger so I know it's a silly reason to take a risk. Thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone has any advice. Please feel free to tell me if this is a dumb idea. Also options for colors are dark grey or white. Which do you think would make for better photos?

Flat white is best.
Gloss and semi gloss diffuse the light and don't do anything for you. Also can add unwanted glare in pictures.

I'd also do it when you can move your plants out until it dries. They breathe in the environment too

Might have to go with the semi-gloss since it's what i already have. Wife would question my sanity if i told her i needed to go get flat paint since it takes better weed photos. And i dont think my response of "Blazing Waffle knows what he's talking about" would ease her fears that i am losing my mind. Think i will wait for a dry day and move the girls into the spare bathroom with some CFLs around them. Current wall color is a gross tan that has gone kind of orange over the years i guess. At least i hope the previous owner didnt choose that color.

Dont tell the wife lol if she knew how much i actually spent on grow equipment id probably be single lol

My wife recently started an aquarium and i just kept my mouth shut as she kept buying stuff for it since i knew what was coming.

Back
Top Bottom