SweetLeef's Gone Even More Mas Muy Loco - Perpetual - 4400W TopLED - SuperSoil

cant see the last set of pics on your last post fyi
and nice bubble cloner btw :high-five:

Lets try this again

I made mulch/ future leaf mold today!!!!!

Went out a got a rake and today I made this...
20141117_125431.jpg

Then I used the lawn mower to make this...
20141117_132517.jpg

20141117_132509.jpg

Really stoked to start using mulches!

Thanks Chini that was a lovely welcome
I will certainly be looking at the upcoming for making the Canna paste:goodjob: Honestly just had a smoke on some fine Jamaican Sativa,, an got thinking while clicking on your link about that very thing ,, well kind of I was wondering seeing as you are a chef do you make much with your crops(edibles):volcano-smiley: And what are good or your fav eats with MMJ, we cook most of our food from fresh I would love to have your opinion on our Paneer curries :Namaste: Yep this will be a great journal my nephew used to be a chef for some time :circle-of-love:

Hello Sweetleaf,

your mulch is your namesake? or the other round way! :)

Oak..American Oak is a beautiful timber for cabinetry.

May I ask what the canna paste helps with...more medicinal use of MJ I'm new to the concept of, so anytime someone is making something outta it, I'm very interested to know why....(I'm allergic to any of the Pharmaceuticals given to me for any of my stuff, so currently am untreatable by modern medicine.)

It freaks me a little to see a big bowl like that...not going up in smoke... :) but I am trying to stay calm... :)

:Namaste:

May I ask what the canna paste helps with...more medicinal use of MJ I'm new to the concept of, so anytime someone is making something outta it, I'm very interested to know why....(I'm allergic to any of the Pharmaceuticals given to me for any of my stuff, so currently am untreatable by modern medicine.)

It freaks me a little to see a big bowl like that...not going up in smoke... :) but I am trying to stay calm... :)

:Namaste:

Hey Tassie!

If you would have told me a year ago, that I would be grinding up quality buds and them rendering them unsmoke-able, I would have told you you were crazy. It freaks me out a little too.

I make the paste to help combat my sisters SMA. But it works for everything cannabis works for, I believe.

Since taking the paste 3 or 4 months ago, I can't remember, my sister has reported quality sleep, better appetite, she has regained some strength and the progression seems to have slowed a little.

Some people use it for seizures, some to combat cancer. Our own Cannafan once made herself a batch and used it topically.

I also make a topical, but I use roots and stems and leaves and trim for that. Good stuff too :)

We started making it because RSO takes a hell of a lot of product to make, and I don't currently have the means to make as much as my sister needs. Take's a pound of buds to make 2oz of RSO. It could be 4 oz, but I"m pretty sure it's only two. I can't remember right now ;) Whereas the paste uses 1/2oz, and makes a 4 ounce jar.

This is controversial. The RSO camp is adamant that RSO is the ONLY thing that could work. They will jump all over you if you say otherwise. I see things a different way ;) I think as long as she is getting as much cannabis in her as we can muster, we're doing something. I also think there's more than one way to skin a cat. Each with it's own set of pros and cons. Just like anything else :)

Hope that helps Tassie!

Good question :high-five:

Hey Sweetleaf,

I struggle a little with the abbreviations to know what you're talking about a bit, but searched and got the answers.

You took considerable length and thought in your answer, and although I didn't have time to express that fully yesterday, I do so today, thank you. There are certain things about 'manufacturing' I don't like. Solvents. I understand the purpose, I understand the reasoning behind the removal of the solvent and the technical possibility of producing a 'clean' product. But.

Im a nature boy. Love it. Not keen on manufactured food, or additives or anything that isn't 'real'.

There's an old saying...if your Grandmother wouldn't recognise it as food, don't eat it!

So, sorry to babble on, my concern is wastes, by products, incomplete chemical reactions etc etc, all the crap that can go wrong when you start messing with chemicals in laboratory type roles.

I know that you would know what you're doing. I'm not saying that or denegrating any method of extraction. For me though, I couldn't bring myself to be adding and removing chemicals...and hoping I've done a good enough job to produce a clean, non-corrupted product.

That's what I want anyway, chemical free extraction or use. I guess that may not be possible for the more highly concentrated products, but I guess like you said there's more that one way to skin a cat!

Again thank for your time mate, truly appreciated..

Can you give your sis a little squeeze (hug) from us here too, just because?! :)

,...Jaga, I struggled too to answer Sweetleaf, don't worry! I searched a long while inside me to find those few words, and what I was feeling...and that was it, just glad she's got him is about as best as I could put it!

:)

Sweet my friend, best vibes as always to you and yours!

Thanks LA!We'll take 'em! :high-five:

Hey Sweetleaf,

I struggle a little with the abbreviations to know what you're talking about a bit, but searched and got the answers.

You took considerable length and thought in your answer, and although I didn't have time to express that fully yesterday, I do so today, thank you. There are certain things about 'manufacturing' I don't like. Solvents. I understand the purpose, I understand the reasoning behind the removal of the solvent and the technical possibility of producing a 'clean' product. But.

Im a nature boy. Love it. Not keen on manufactured food, or additives or anything that isn't 'real'.

There's an old saying...if your Grandmother wouldn't recognise it as food, don't eat it!

So, sorry to babble on, my concern is wastes, by products, incomplete chemical reactions etc etc, all the crap that can go wrong when you start messing with chemicals in laboratory type roles.

I know that you would know what you're doing. I'm not saying that or denegrating any method of extraction. For me though, I couldn't bring myself to be adding and removing chemicals...and hoping I've done a good enough job to produce a clean, non-corrupted product.

That's what I want anyway, chemical free extraction or use. I guess that may not be possible for the more highly concentrated products, but I guess like you said there's more that one way to skin a cat!

Again thank for your time mate, truly appreciated..

Can you give your sis a little squeeze (hug) from us here too, just because?! :)

,...Jaga, I struggled too to answer Sweetleaf, don't worry! I searched a long while inside me to find those few words, and what I was feeling...and that was it, just glad she's got him is about as best as I could put it!

Hey Tassie!

Thanks for the great response.

And, thank you from bringing up the solvents used to make the high concentrated stuff. I totally agree with you. I use coconut oil for the paste. 14oz ground weed, 2oz coconut oil gently heat for a long time. That's it. No burning off alcohol. No hazardous chemicals. Just two ingredients that are both good for you. :)

+ reps for you too mate,

I don't hear enough that people are unwilling to put those things in their bodies.

...and guess what...you would know...but it appears that it isn't necessary?

It's one of those, if you don't make the problem in the first place, you don't have to deal with it.

If you use natural stuff for everything, you don't have to worry about wastes, getting poisoned, the environment...bla bla bla...

Madness to think that we're able to accept all the side effects and problems of chemical synthesis, but with a simple paradigm shift, you

don't need to deal with these issues, because the no longer exist.

...plastics bags....how do we get rid of em....just don't make em

On the plastic bag bit! There is that new medium, I forget the name but its basically plastic bags shredded up. It got great read ups for drainage and the sterility etc. I've just never seen anyone using it on here!??

Mmm I guess as a way to recycle but like Tassie I like to stay away from man made stuff
well as much as possible ,,even though I wanna look into that:volcano-smiley:

I like this conversation here. I'm not into hash or extracts much at all. I never smoke BHO as a rule. I've been reading about kids dabbing their faces off and getting collapsed lungs. If anyone wants to read about that I could post a link.

Where I was gonna go with this was, can't we make powerful bubble hash, or dry sift, or ice water extract? Is the Butane or other solvent products the only way to make the high potency extracts? Is BHO really more potent than full melt bubble hash? I'm confused on that stuff, and I'll readily admit I know little about extracts and the process of making them.

Mmm I guess as a way to recycle but like Tassie I like to stay away from man made stuff
well as much as possible ,,even though I wanna look into that:volcano-smiley:

I too am curious about this shredded plastic medium. I will research a little later! Thanks LA and Jaga : high-five:

I like this conversation here. I'm not into hash or extracts much at all. I never smoke BHO as a rule. I've been reading about kids dabbing their faces off and getting collapsed lungs. If anyone wants to read about that I could post a link.

Where I was gonna go with this was, can't we make powerful bubble hash, or dry sift, or ice water extract? Is the Butane or other solvent products the only way to make the high potency extracts? Is BHO really more potent than full melt bubble hash? I'm confused on that stuff, and I'll readily admit I know little about extracts and the process of making them.

I'll smoke some bho now and again. My buddy newrose actually makes ice wax and bho. He's one of the guys running an up and coming ice wax company here in Oregon. That wax tastes amazing and it's made using ice water. Pretty cool.

He then uses the stuff they have "washed" for wax to make the bho.

Bho doesn't taste as good, and dabs are SO harsh, I don't like them. I do have a little vape pen for wax/bho that's really enjoyable and very good for running around town. It's way easier and much less conspicuous with the vape pen. The smell isn't as strong as smoke, so it doesn't really stink up your car or your clothes. The high is a little different. I much prefer flowers. But good to maintain your base high :laughtwo:

The ice wax they make they have gotten into the 70% range. Which is awesome! I've seen bho in the low 90's. Pretty neat, but seems so unnatural.

I don't think ice wax will get that big of numbers, but it's so much cleaner and you can dry the buds and still use it for something else. I don't think I'd be trying to smoke on or cook with something after the butane treatment. ugh.

I did buy a set hash bags so I'll probably try making ice wax at some point but other than that, it seems like a waste of good flowers to me.

I wonder if medical patients are finding the bho beneficial. I mean if you have a gram of bho that is 90% THC, there can't be much room for other cannabinoids at that point. THC is great, but I think there is so much more to this plant than that.

It's a conundrum though. I have always been the kind of guys that always want to get as high as I possibly can. I mean why not, right? So in that respect the bho is quite tempting. Wanna get fucked up? The other side of that is, at this point in my life I am the oldest I have ever been, and (hopefully the wisest:)) now I think about things like, "will this kill me ?"

Thats my rant on the extracts :) Thanks for hanging there :high-five:

Hey CO

Sorry Sweetleaf, seems I've started a Riot! ....it's my kind of riot though, so I'm happy :)

CO Exactly.

I couldn't answer you on whether it was possible to make non chemical extractions that are as 'good' (I use the term loosely) as the chemical extracted.

What I do know though is - does it matter?

Have we in the 2014 year ad made any effort to FULLY explore ANY of the non-chemical methods? Have we taken the time to progress and evolve our understanding, use, side effects, effects, cultivation...you know anything really? We've begun, but I doubt we've made much effort over all...Its not fully accepted worldwide, so how could we in the modern world have made much effort to explore its proper use?

Have we fully explored those cultures who inherantly value and use the plant? Their medicinal, extraction etc, etc.
Primitive societies (I want a better expression) and ancient wisdom never had butane or gas tanks at their disposal.

Lots of people are fully convinced and move with action and congruence with what they think they know. I believe...therefore...
I also ask the other side of the question...which alot leave out...it's too hard to answer :)

WHAT DON'T WE KNOW?

Look, I like stuff simple. I like to do for myself. I like to feel safe when I'm doing. I like to have complete control and have no costs when I'm doing. I like to be self sufficient....within my world.

To be honset and congruent any of those values above and be able to do them to any level of honesty, means I don't use synthesised chemicals...can't...they require me to be MORE reliant on petro/agro chemical companies, add costs, require safety equipment to used, and the process during and cleanup after often are more complicated because of these other factors.

These are my deep values. I can't say...oh well I really wanna get high, so I'll just drop my values a second and get trashed...

No F'n way. I don't make exceptions for my values. I hold fast. Why

Innocence can't be lost...it just needs to be maintained.... (Jewel)
I don't NEED to know is all I know.

I can put myself to sleep with enough smoke of the right gear...that's pretty medicated...do I need it stronger, faster, harder?

I don't see anyone here ever talking about cold press extraction and hemp seeds.

Does anyone here use hemp oil...from the seeds?...these don't have the THC/CBD I imagine. I guarentee thought that the proteins in the seeds have a lot of health benefits just on their own...and these haven't been fully explored yet.

SweetLeaf was talking about using roots and stems...I haven't read anything about those parts of the plants before.

It would seem that there is a lot more we could do, before resorting to anything else. :)

I just thought up a particularly excellent example of what I feel.

I'm disabled..I have a card to prove it (so what, not my point). I have very little income. I physically find some things challenging.

Why would I spend money I dont have to by things that I have to physically manipulate and are dangerous...especially maybe with shakey hands(!) for a what 10-20% increase in usable product, when I can boil some water, make a cup of tea, and get relief...in what 15mins....how long does it take me to drive to the shop to by butane...30minutes...

At worst If I can't pay the electricity bill, I can strike a match under my BBQ plate with sticks I've found boil some leaves, make butter, whatever and it hasn't cost me a cent....that goes for the Calendula, Wormwood, Comfrey, Penny Royal, Herb Robert, Mint, Geranium, Parsley, carrots, beans, peas, potatos, onions, garlic, raspberries, apples, peaches, pears, tomatos, beetroot, celery, rocket .... continues

.....that we grow here....

It doesn't to me make sense to follow a synthesised lifestyle when I grow a living plant...it's incongruent :)

Wish I had have thought up that line a few hundred words ago! :) :) :)

Thanks for listening, love you all

:circle-of-love:

INITIAL EDIT: As an aside Sweetleaf, my blurb above has been sitting whilst I edited etc on my computer for 3 hours...so the stuff about values and getting high...was an example I thought of earlier, before I read your post ok, so I"m not having a go...I like to get high too :)

SECOND EDIT: I love hitting 'POST QUICK REPLY' after I've been typing for hours :)

Back
Top Bottom