SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

Hahaha! Guys.... :hug:

They’re beautiful! I feel so proud that I got them hung all by myself. :cool:

Dan and his team made it easy for me. Want to watch me unpack? Do ya?

Unboxing the Timber Grow Lights: shipment # 1

Watch this.....these guys know how to do a presentation. :battingeyelashes:

This is quality I’d pay for.

Chris Scorpio inherited the quantum boards. He said it made his cadillac-quality qbs, the same as mine but lacking the build Dan gave me, feel like having a Porche drive onto the lot. Lol! These builds take this to a whole other level.

The reflectors are lovingly wrapped and tucked into the box for protection.

Look at the neat caps they use to protect the lenses during shipping.

It’s a heavy one. I had to hang the bar back up in the tiny closet to support the unit.

Here’s intelligence at work. If they didn’t have this sticker this box might have been buried below God knows what. This little note limits the chance of it being damaged.

Ready to go again? :slide:

More carefully packed reflectors.

Whoa! This is serious quality. The daughter was watching me, totally blown away by the obvious quality from packaging to materials to assembly. I’m incredibly impressed. This is the quality you hope to get when you order a light.

And everything’s mounted for me. :yahoo:

You gotta love the touch of green floral tape holding things together for shipping. Comes off with ease, and leaves no residue behind.

Dang.....such beauty.

Where’s the power cord?

Now this is class. Look at the care taken to protect the power cord.

I have to do another post on the hanging. Too many pictures for the platform to handle. Lol!

Be right back. :ciao:

Hanging the Timber Grow Lights: shipment # 1

The Cree COBs unit was the easiest to hang, requiring nothing more than for me to determine which combination would get me closer to the roof.

I’ll need to get them up higher, but then again this may work. The canopy is right at 18”. There’s not much I can do to get it any lower, so the only recourse is to find a way to raise the lights. Sooner or later I’ll work that out.

Turned all the way up...

....and all the way down.

I left it turned all the way up. :battingeyelashes:

She looks happy, eh?

Her neighbor’s already happy under her own Timber. I’ll keep using this one until Dan gets the experimental unit put together for me.

Off to a good start.

Moving on to the tiny closet I had to pull out ladder and chair and a screwdriver, then track down the bracket I’d taken down from the wall so I could hang it back up.

In no time really I’d worked out all the challenges and got the unit hung. The driver’s on the outside because I didn’t want it too close to the wall.

They’re sitting about 22” or so below.

Turned all the way up....
I

...and all the way down. I settled on a little less than halfway. I’ll let them get used to the light gradually.

Dan tells me the second part of the shipment is going out tomorrow, which I’m assuming is the qbs.

*contented sigh* Yep.... I feel loved beyond measure. Dan and I are going to have a phone call in the morning to talk about the lights so I’ll be better informed when I start the next installment of the perpetual.

I’m gonna finish my coffee and walk home to get righteously buzzed. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

That is awesome.....

Had to cover my eyes when the painted toenail pictures scrolled past...... ;)

That's just awesome Sue.
:bravo:
Dan @TimberGrowLights is a class act.
:high-five:I see you shining Ma!

The driver’s on the outside because I didn’t want it too close to the wall.

I feel the same way. I actually have the driver hanging next to the wall but with a nail in the wall to keep maybe 1/4 inch off the wall so it is not resting on the wall I think you made a great move doing it that way. But mine is a DIY kit so not attached to the frame but same Idea about the wall. Schweeet!

They are packed wicked good, 'Ere is how my DIY kit looked when I opened it....

so happy for ya Sweets:cheer:

That is awesome.....

Had to cover my eyes when the painted toenail pictures scrolled past...... ;)

Lol! One of these days I’ll strip that polish off. It still looks foreign to me. :rofl:

That's just awesome Sue.
:bravo:
Dan @TimberGrowLights is a class act.
:high-five:I see you shining Ma!

Oh Stage..... I’m stunned by the beauty and quality of the builds. What a classy company. :bravo:

I feel the same way. I actually have the driver hanging next to the wall but with a nail in the wall to keep maybe 1/4 inch off the wall so it is not resting on the wall I think you made a great move doing it that way. But mine is a DIY kit so not attached to the frame but same Idea about the wall. Schweeet!

They are packed wicked good, 'Ere is how my DIY kit looked when I opened it....

so happy for ya Sweets:cheer:

Thanks keltic. :hug: I’m tickled pink. Hehe!

Incredible lights dear

They look fantastic, love the connections he uses, top notch for sure

Absolutely. They put their heart into the job.

She can't type now, she is busy putting on sunscreen.

Haha! Wait until the quantum boards arrive. Lol!

I’ve been pulling together packages that go out tomorrow and looking over the general plan for the grow.

This is the most challenging part of gardening for me. No matter how you try to schedule the plants always make you wait. Lol! But at least I have the semblance of direction.

I’m tired guys. So much excitement and I’ve been so busy I haven’t had any cannabis for hours. Let me make that right. :bongrip:

Gosh.... I’m so happy, and there’s more on the way and more beyond that.

This, my friends, is what happens when you figure out that how you feel is the most important thing, and you deliberately choose to feel better. Joy has incredible benefits.

You understand that my happiness doesn’t spring from all this abundance that tumbles joyfully into my experience. It’s the joy that attracts the abundance. I’d be happy regardless. Those of you who’ve met me know that’s true.

Isn’t it sweet how the universe chose to extend my joy through the addition of bad-ass lights? :slide:

Indeed my dear.
I feel ya.
:passitleft:

Oh thank you. :passitleft:

How on earth do I let myself get so distracted that I forget to take the hit I loaded an hour ago? :rofl:

That's why I'm an edibles girl. Lol!

Gosh guys........so freakin' happy I could burst. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Tip #2: Zippers get a lot of wear and they break and loose teeth.
Metal is preferred over plastic.
Use a lubricating oil on the zippers to keep them from sticking.

For metal zippers, I'd think powdered graphite or grab a bar of wax like grandma did.

I was really taken by the diffusing white interior with the ‘homebox’ and they had one that just seemed the perfect dimensions so I’ve bit the bullet and bought it. They’re a reputable company with Aus distribution so I’m sure it’ll be fine. It’s something a little different and we’ll all be able to find out together how well it goes :). I got the AQ80+ model. Should be in the post tomorrow!

I hope it goes well - especially since I recommended you take a look at the brand. After watching the video of the guy crawling in a couple of different tents and taking light readings all over the place, I think you'll be satisfied.

I have a compulsive need to chew something. I used to grind my teeth, and I’ve discovered that being toothless didn’t halt that grinding impulse. Over the years I’ve searched for snacks that would satisfy this obsession in a healthier way.

If you still had teeth, I'd suggest "Spicy" Slim Jims. Not health food, LOL, but a person can make one last if they chew each bite until it runs out of flavor. Not sure how trying to gum one would work, though.

I have these Platinum Scout V2 cuttings J dropped off last week that I haven’t done anything with, but look at them!

If the ol' brass ones were, instead, titanium, I'd suggest tossing one into... a box ;) . But that'd cause someone to suffer uncontrolled urination, probably (and that's if everything went well :rolleyes: ) .

I'm sure you'll find something to do with the little buggers.

WOW, just viewed your unboxing. That gave a guy a serious case of light envy. Congratulations on some well-deserved gifts.

Gosh guys........so freakin' happy I could burst. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I’m bursting for you Sue!!
That was such an exciting few pages to catch up on. :slide: Totally classy of Timber and Dan, as has been said :thumb:

I had to stop right there and pack a bowl for myself in celebration :ganjamon:

I hope it goes well - especially since I recommended you take a look at the brand. After watching the video of the guy crawling in a couple of different tents and taking light readings all over the place, I think you'll be satisfied.
Yeah I saw those too :thumb:

And no worries TS - if it’s crap the responsibility is all mine and if it’s great you’ll get all the credit ;). Once I’d seen and read about the white... I was sold if I could find one the right size.

Plus the two main online ‘hydro supplies’ businesses here stock them. So I know warranty & parts won’t be an issue. Spoke to the guy I’m buying it from already and he was tops. It’ll be a week or so before it arrives but I’ll be sure to report back.

:surf:

:yahoo::yahoo:That's one beauty of a light right there. I'm really happy for you. Dan @TimberGrowLights did you a solid there. :thumb:
full

:bongrip:

Hello Sue,

It was delightful speaking with you this morning - it set the stage for a wonderful Friday, so thank you for that.

The entire team here and I thank you for the kind words and look forward to following your journey with the various lights.

I hope you and the rest of the 420Magazine family have a good day.

Take care,
Dan

Back
Top Bottom