TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

re: TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

thanks for the info, its not air cooled, but the ballast has loads of cable with it so that can be kept out the way outside the flower room, the hood is a good one as well, its a double arc type thing made out of hammered metal, looks nice and a nice light, illl put it in the room for the last few hours of light today and ill keep it far enough away till im sure the lights not to close for the plants,

with the medium i just expected it to have all the basic nutes for normal growth, i new i would need nutes further down the line but it looks like with this medium i need it as early as possible, might try different compost next time, i was using nutes i was using baby bio at nearly full strength but as soon as i switched to bpn the plants changed pretty much over night, i guess the products in my country are more for house plants and no good for the plants we want to grow, but live and learn, ill keep putting money by till i need the nutes next time, i think i could waste money on other products and end up buying bpn to achieve the best,

ill update pics on my journal as soon as im back on, im hoping its sorted tomorrow at the latest, they cant find the fault with my fone line at home, i can ring my number from my mobile and i can hear it ring through my mobile, but when i pick the house fone up to make a call it has no dial tone, so not sure what to make of it, i checked all cable in the house and its ok, im thinking something wrong at exchange, ive been ringing them for over a week now and even changed provider and still got the same problem,

I know! It's funny you say that, I'm on day 61 and things aren't looking done yet. Still have yet to see an amber trichome and I still see new calyxes protruding and swelling... I've already flushed for nearly two weeks haha. Going for a third! Then I'll have to chop regardless to get them dry before I leave.

Wish I could have started just a week or two earlier in January and not had to worry about this lol.

Are you cutting regardless, since you have to move? Or do you think they'll be at optimum when you're ready?

Oh yeah, I was going to ask, did you leave any of your other harvests in total darkness before you chopped it? Do you plan on doing it?

If you still see it putting on weight then give it a bit longer, the WW's seemed to stop fattening up and I knew I was about as satisfied as I was going to get with them and the smoke is great! The trich's were starting to change, I would say 30-40% amber on the first one and about 25% amber on the second one I pulled which was actually a few days later. I don't have to cut regardless because I can always leave them here the last few weeks. It's really going to depend on how they look. I can even make the move with them since it's only 3 2L's and my moms allowed to have them anyways. I plan to apply to be her caregiver beforehand as well.

My first grow I did leave them in the dark for 36 hours, however, who knows what it did to the plants because I had no control plant which I did not do it to.

That last picture looks stunning :thumb:

Thanks Stoned :)

thanks for the info, its not air cooled, but the ballast has loads of cable with it so that can be kept out the way outside the flower room, the hood is a good one as well, its a double arc type thing made out of hammered metal, looks nice and a nice light, illl put it in the room for the last few hours of light today and ill keep it far enough away till im sure the lights not to close for the plants,

with the medium i just expected it to have all the basic nutes for normal growth, i new i would need nutes further down the line but it looks like with this medium i need it as early as possible, might try different compost next time, i was using nutes i was using baby bio at nearly full strength but as soon as i switched to bpn the plants changed pretty much over night, i guess the products in my country are more for house plants and no good for the plants we want to grow, but live and learn, ill keep putting money by till i need the nutes next time, i think i could waste money on other products and end up buying bpn to achieve the best,

ill update pics on my journal as soon as im back on, im hoping its sorted tomorrow at the latest, they cant find the fault with my fone line at home, i can ring my number from my mobile and i can hear it ring through my mobile, but when i pick the house fone up to make a call it has no dial tone, so not sure what to make of it, i checked all cable in the house and its ok, im thinking something wrong at exchange, ive been ringing them for over a week now and even changed provider and still got the same problem,

Cool, since your cupboard is so tall I don't think you'll have a bunch of heat issues as long as you can get that heat building up at the top out of the room. Glad you got an HID you will love it! Can't wait to see some pics :)

Just to clarify, you're not talking about the 36 hrs of dark between veg and flower are you?

I only ask because I was reading SteveHman's journal and he gives them days of dark period before chopping. He got behind on his last one and let it go a full ten days lol.

Nope I'm definitely talking about pre-harvest. And damn ten days lol I would be worried they would be on the ground by that time!

Ok, just sounded eerily similar to what you (i think) said to me about the veg to flower darkness lol. Yeah, that's what I thought too. Sounds like he's a busy man though, and for how he neglects them (no res change on his hydro grow the entire grow) they look amazing haha.

Lol yeah probably me. I did do a dark period on the WWs but now on the 2L's between veg and flower. I think I did see the stretch happen quite a bit quicker with the WW's. And yeah before I yanked my one out of the 5 gallon DWC I didn't plant to do a res change, maybe once a month but doubt it. If they're drinking 1/2 gallon a day or whatever it may be and your topping it off your essentially doing a res change every 6 days.

Lol yeah probably me. I did do a dark period on the WWs but now on the 2L's between veg and flower. I think I did see the stretch happen quite a bit quicker with the WW's. And yeah before I yanked my one out of the 5 gallon DWC I didn't plant to do a res change, maybe once a month but doubt it. If they're drinking 1/2 gallon a day or whatever it may be and your topping it off your essentially doing a res change every 6 days.

Definitely something that needs more testing done.

And I guess if you're feeding them properly and just watching for signs of nutrient burn, you probably don't even need to change the res. Same principle in soil for flushes imo. Don't need to do em if you don't see a problem. I never flushed until the end, and I know for sure next time I'm not flushing once.

Definitely something that needs more testing done.

And I guess if you're feeding them properly and just watching for signs of nutrient burn, you probably don't even need to change the res. Same principle in soil for flushes imo. Don't need to do em if you don't see a problem. I never flushed until the end, and I know for sure next time I'm not flushing once.

I kind of feel the opposite. I didn't flush the WWs any and they sucked. I flushed the giesel weeks 4-6 just once each week with half a gallon-gallon and it's blown up. Same soil same Nutes same light.. Not saying that's why but it obviously didn't hurt nonetheless. Green house seeds does it in everyone of their videos.

I kind of feel the opposite. I didn't flush the WWs any and they sucked. I flushed the giesel weeks 4-6 just once each week with half a gallon-gallon and it's blown up. Same soil same Nutes same light.. Not saying that's why but it obviously didn't hurt nonetheless. Green house seeds does it in everyone of their videos.

That's interesting, and it's exactly why it has to be personally tested imo. It's hard though, because you have to keep so many variables stable or the same, like strain, lights, and everything except the flush period(s). Personally, It just seems wrong to flush them, but what I need to find out is if the bud I really like is flushed or not. And that's what I don't know and need to find out to figure out if flushing should be done or not for the type of buds I want.

Thank you for the experiences, I definitely don't know what is the right way. I've watched the GHS and they flushed quite long. I've read other places that people have done tests with the same strains. Flushed for a long time, flushed short, and no flush. These people couldn't tell the differences at all when looking, smelling, tasting and as far as the quality of the high goes.

Flushing periodically is good when using synthetic nutrients cause everyone tends to overfeed their plants, and they absorb different nutrients at different rates so it is good to flush out the salt buildup

I would definitely have to agree, BUT, depending on how you water you can also (probably) accomplish the same thing. Do you have a small amount of runoff coming out? Definitely if you have good enough drainage and put enough water in to runoff 10-15%, you're doing a mini flush each and every watering. That, combined with transplanting throughout the grow reduces the need for flushing as the salts never build up.

I've also had people tell me here, when you transplant, to just remove the plant+dirt from the pot, stick it in the bigger pot, fill the sides with dirt and go. Well, what I did was each time I transplanted I 'tickled' the roots/dirt to loosen it up, subsequently root pruning as well, before I put it in the new promix. If you don't do that, your pot might come out and the roots will hardly have penetrated the new medium, if at all. I have roots right up the surface and all around, without doing anything besides that. I accidentally root pruned one when transplanting at a very young age (from a dixie cup to 3gal), it was my smallest plant and after I messed it up and got it in the 3gal it turned into my largest plant, growing the fastest, tallest, etc...

Meh sorry for getting off topic and rambling!

hi mate, hows it going, my fone still not sorted, they keep telling me its fixed but it aint, so i got them coming out to my home in morning to check for themselves, i managed to hook up to some wifi signal with a bit of data catching so im online, should only be till my fones sorted so im hoping ill be using my own net tomorrow,
i got the light set up and its been on all day today, took me a while to get the height right but its about a foot away from plants and temps at top of plants are about 78f, so im thinking thats about the best height, i could reduce the height if i had the fans blowing direct on the plants but thinking probably not a good idea, i took the hermie out now, n my 2 fems are starting to form buds at the end of every branch, i cant say im getting more growth with this light its to early to tell, but temps are more stable when lights are on so it can only benefit the plants more, so im well into flower now, ill update my journal wiv pics in morning, lights just gone off now and ive only just managed to get online again,

That's interesting, and it's exactly why it has to be personally tested imo. It's hard though, because you have to keep so many variables stable or the same, like strain, lights, and everything except the flush period(s). Personally, It just seems wrong to flush them, but what I need to find out is if the bud I really like is flushed or not. And that's what I don't know and need to find out to figure out if flushing should be done or not for the type of buds I want.

Thank you for the experiences, I definitely don't know what is the right way. I've watched the GHS and they flushed quite long. I've read other places that people have done tests with the same strains. Flushed for a long time, flushed short, and no flush. These people couldn't tell the differences at all when looking, smelling, tasting and as far as the quality of the high goes.

Yeah they flush weeks 4-6 I believe once a week. I don't really think there is anything wrong with flushing, as stoned said if anything it's flushing the salts out. I always water/feed and have 10% runoff but I guess it's just a personal choice to flush! I won't need to worry about that anymore after this giesel finishes because I don't plant to use soil again.

hi mate, hows it going, my fone still not sorted, they keep telling me its fixed but it aint, so i got them coming out to my home in morning to check for themselves, i managed to hook up to some wifi signal with a bit of data catching so im online, should only be till my fones sorted so im hoping ill be using my own net tomorrow,
i got the light set up and its been on all day today, took me a while to get the height right but its about a foot away from plants and temps at top of plants are about 78f, so im thinking thats about the best height, i could reduce the height if i had the fans blowing direct on the plants but thinking probably not a good idea, i took the hermie out now, n my 2 fems are starting to form buds at the end of every branch, i cant say im getting more growth with this light its to early to tell, but temps are more stable when lights are on so it can only benefit the plants more, so im well into flower now, ill update my journal wiv pics in morning, lights just gone off now and ive only just managed to get online again,

I would just leave the lamp right there for now and see how things go. 78F is perfect what is your RH? You won't really see a big difference between the lights all at once but the finished product will be much better. Your using it for flowering right? There shouldn't be much stretch after the 3rd week but you'll start to see the weight pack on.

Flower update. Giesel day 47 and Purple Kush clones day 25.. I think the smaller PK clone will be real nice it's 12" long so 4" longer then the giesel bud. The other PK plant is stupid but maybe I'll get a bud at the bottom and one at the top, who knows.

I can't figure out why the fuck my temps are going up it's been around 84F when it usually is like 76F. I can't find any holes in the ducting or leaks in the hood. Maybe my fan is crapping out.

Purple Kush:

IMG_124911.jpg

IMG_12507.jpg

hi mate, loving the pics, so thats what im aiming for with mine then, you see the far left plant in your pic, does that have a side stem on it, looks to me like it has a side stem going off to the left, as ive only got 2 2ltr hempies and not fighting for space with them all packed in is it worth me keeping say the lowest side branches, ie the branches that come out at the first node, or am i better off sticking with the main branch,

are you using any kind if filters, just trying to think what could be causing your heat issue, do you have a filter that air is sucked or blown through before leaving the grow, could be the filter needs cleaning or replacing, or what i have noticed with my computer fans is that dust builds up quick on the fins i keep cleaning mine, now sure if this would affect performance though,

i fed my plants bpn again and gone up to bloom schedule now, pretty much over night the plant has started growing what i call sweet lead, at the bottom of each bud site im getting the smaller leaves with trichs all over them, my plants seem to be moving along very quick now, im amazed that ive had no problems, no nute burn, my temp gets high but my plants dont show any signs of heat stress they seem to like the warmer temps, im around the 80s or slightly over, but the leaves are not turning the edges up, i was debating whether to up the bpn dose slightly as not 1 of my plants is showing signs of over nute,
when i was at my moms i found a new box of sterelised bone meal, it say n is 3.5% and p is 10% it dont mention k so dont think it contains any, it says it can be added to the top of the soil and use a certain amount per square foot, would it be worth me using any or would it mess up the nutes im giving them at the moment, is this product something i could use in my next grow as it can be added in the compost when planting, but it contains less n and more p so think its more suited to flower stage,

ill try and take some pics tomorrow of the plants and post them on my journal, im amazed how quick their budding up now, even the smaller inner branches at the bottom of the plant are getting buds on and no light gets that far in.

quick question about my light, i have noticed that directly below the bulb the light seems duller but either side of this it is a lot brighter, would this be due to the light having more lumins due to the reflector, it just seems that its getting more light having the plants slightly off center and more or less below the edge of the reflector and not the bulb, but i think with the hood its got i could easily fill my 3ft x 3ft space and wouldnt need any more lighting, ill see what i get off these 2ltr hempies before i decide what i want with my next grow, but so far so good with this one,

i also don another grower a favour, i started reading another journal and found one that had a grower in my country that was just starting to grow and didnt have much money and was only using 2700k 20watt cfls to grow several autos, like me he didnt know much about what he was doing, so i helped him out, im sending him some 6500k cfls and some 30watt 2700k cfls and all the fittings and a mylar blankes, he seems genuine and unsure what he is doing, ive told him to post a comment on my journal so people can check his journal and offer him advice, he seems a decent bloke just trying to grow himself so decent bud for his first time, and do you know what, it feels good knowing i can help someone else out, what goes around comes around and all that mate, maybe you could check his journal when he comes over to mine, i can only give him so much advice, anyway mate i wont take up no more space in yours, im not sure how big my 2ltr will get as ive gone from seeds, but i have noticed that one is twice as tall as the other so thinking that its probably male,

Don, with the BPN you don't want to add bonemeal or bloodmeal, it'll throw your balance out.

just what i thought, thanks just didnt know if it was worth mixing in with the compost when i plant my next grow, cuz it says it can be mixed in from the start, but i was thinking if i add that then start adding nutes it might upset the balance a bit, so probably best not using it unless i see a deficiency that it can help,

teSmp, hows things mate, hows the grow going, ive had to raise the lights slightly today my plants have decided to start growing again, packing on buds and crystals all over the place, my g13 auto has turned out to be female, but that bad news is its in flower and its less than 2 inches high, thinking must of been a dud seed or something as all my other seeds and my other auto are growing as normal, it has not had any stress or anything to make it stunted it just decided to grow very very slow, now its in flower, some pics on my journal, i dont even think im going to get 1gram off it, should i pull it or let it grow and see what happens, seems a waste of nutes and space if you ask me, the pistols are touching the next node up so thats how small it is, i managed to sort out the camera to take close ups so you can actually see the pistols coming out

Back
Top Bottom