TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

re: TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

Interesting strategy preprodigy to root prune, most people say don't do it. It clearly worked in your case and seemed to work well. I debated doing some of it because some roots i cant get out of the bucket without messing with the lights. I was only getting good root growth on one side for a bit, then i realized my air stone was on the side of the bucket, then i put it in the center and it cleared that up quickly, Tesmp i noticed in one picture it was towards the side, id try centralizing it. Also, your running 1000ppm in your 5gal? Idk if im running enough nutrients then but I'm also using GH.. and they suck at making feeding schedules so im kinda just halving/quartering the doses and running with it :(.

Interesting strategy preprodigy to root prune, most people say don't do it. It clearly worked in your case and seemed to work well. I debated doing some of it because some roots i cant get out of the bucket without messing with the lights. I was only getting good root growth on one side for a bit, then i realized my air stone was on the side of the bucket, then i put it in the center and it cleared that up quickly, Tesmp i noticed in one picture it was towards the side, id try centralizing it. Also, your running 1000ppm in your 5gal? Idk if im running enough nutrients then but I'm also using GH.. and they suck at making feeding schedules so im kinda just halving/quartering the doses and running with it :(.
Just like everything else in this world, you never really know wahts going to work or wont work until you try it for yourself. some strains will accept this method with open arms and some wil be more stuburn to cooperate. it all comes down to testing.

as far as PPMs all strains are different. and it dosent matter if your in a 5 gal, or a 100 gal. 1000 PPm's is 1000 ppms. it just takes more nutrients to get to 1000 ppms in 100 gals of water, then it would in a 5 gal bucket.

anyways no strain is going to take the same amount of nutrients as another and enjoy it, so this is my root base chart for ppms. guild lines if you will. (if my plant tells me its too much or too little, im going to adjust accordingly on my next feeding or top off.

PPM chart for VEG:
wk 1- 200 PPM
wk 2- 300 PPM
wk 3- 400 ppm
wk 4- 450-600 ppm (stay within this wrang until i switch to Flower unless i flower for a solid 2 months at which point i would hit 900 ppm by that 60 day mark then flip to flower)

Flower PPM
wk 1- 600-900 ppm
wk 2- 800-1000 ppm
wk 3- 1200 ppm
wk 4- 1300 ppm
wk 5- 1400 ppm

(this is for heavy feeding plants, I mostly grow indica and larger size plants)

Damn man you got a ton of roots on that one! I just got this plant and it, it had minimal roots and it went straight into the bucket and flower because I'm moving in 6 weeks now (8 weeks when it started). Would your technique work on a flowering plant? It just seems to be growing so I don't really want to stress it much. Thanks for coming by :)

Thanks TeSmp, yes this will work durring flower, but only durring the first 2 or 3 weeks in, because after that roots no longer grow. this is because all the energy the plant produces is now going to bud production and everything else Ie. healing, root growth, fighting disease, is all decresed in order to maintain maximum fertility (STICKY FUCKING FINGERS ;)

this mothod should only really ever be employed durring the veg cycle, and in the early to mid stages of veg growth at that. you want your plants root structure to be as healthy and happy as possible BEFORE the switch to flower.

(one thing to take into account also is the strain of cannabis you are growing. some strains focus all there early growth on roots, then double, tripple even quadruple in size after the switch, were others have slow to medium root grow the whole veg and first 2 of flower. what this means is some strains are better suited to root prunning then others. just like some strains are better suited to scrogging, or to SOF'ing, or LST, or supercroping, or just burnning sucking bushes haha.. so always keep that in mind.

Tesmp i noticed in one picture it was towards the side, id try centralizing it. Also, your running 1000ppm in your 5gal? Idk if im running enough nutrients then but I'm also using GH.. and they suck at making feeding schedules so im kinda just halving/quartering the doses and running with it :(.

Yeah I'm rearranging the tent tomorrow night since the WW's have finished up. And yes 1000ppm in the 5 gallon, which isn't really a whole lot during flowering. Next week I'll prob just bump it up to 1100 or something.

@preprodigy nice write up :) I'm pretty sure the two WW's are just going to go straight in the garbage in about a week and a half. I'm not going to keep them around if they don't start stretching. Like I said if I wasn't moving in 6 weeks they would of been vegged but I am so I threw them straight to flower after they had roots. The two purple kush took off and the WW's did absolutely nothing!

well adding the air stones to the 2l hempys was good, the more oxegen the better! those WW might be small but if you have plenty of space for them and they arent in the way id run them out. you never know you might get a night 0 from the two of some dank shit. you just never know. but if there in the way def toss them.

well adding the air stones to the 2l hempys was good, the more oxegen the better! those WW might be small but if you have plenty of space for them and they arent in the way id run them out. you never know you might get a night 0 from the two of some dank shit. you just never know. but if there in the way def toss them.

Yeah they're definitely not in the way, if I did remove them there would only be 3 2L's in a 2x3 tent! I guess I'll leave them they're just more of a waste of nutes then anything but oh well I'll leave em.

The giesel is looking pretty good, really crystally. The main cola is 8" long and 6.5 inches around. It's on day 39.

The purple kush plant (smaller one) is 12" long and has nodes that are 1/4-1/2" from top to bottom with no side branching. Just bud sight right where the main stalk meets the node. It's getting dark green/purple looking so not sure if it's nutrients or turning purple I never asked if this pheno turns purple. The other Purple Kush plant stretched quite a bit more and is 19" long with the tightest nodes on top and on the bottom typically 1/2-1" but in the center where it seemed to stretch the most there is a gap of 2".

The other shitty plants are on the side of the tent, hopefully dying :)

IMG_122310.jpg

IMG_122211.jpg

IMG_122113.jpg

dude thats fucking bad ass!! being able to look at and touch real dinasour tracks! i saw pics from the galopagose islands that had actual trex foot prints just like your picture, but it was just after a rain and they were half full with water, its just an amazing site to see!

dude thats fucking bad ass!! being able to look at and touch real dinasour tracks! i saw pics from the galopagose islands that had actual trex foot prints just like your picture, but it was just after a rain and they were half full with water, its just an amazing site to see!

Yeah it was really awesome to see! The entire grand canyon pre dates the dinosaurs so you have to drive about 20 minutes away from the south rim and you're a little higher in elevation where the dinosaur sediment can be found. These where the same family as t-rex except for before they were around. As you can see water was filled in the tracks above as well.

hi mate, loving the hempies mate, ivee got 2 going myself, never tried before so picking up what i can where i can, i vegd them for 2 weeks from sprouting and put them strait under 12-12, is their anything i need to do to them, their still little and you can just see the side branches growing out so do i leave these to grow out, do i need to do anything to the plants to keep them as they should be, or does the small pot size keep them the shape i want.
ill update my journal with pics when i figure out how to do it, and when i get back online which im hoping is tomorrow at the latest, my plants are in flower well 3 of them are, the one is ahead of the others and i can see the tiny buds starting to form at the base of the white hairs so alls going well, my 1st auto is still growing but low to soil, its not in the way so ill keep it for now, my other auto is growing like a normal plant so no concerns their.

ive manage to get a dual spec 400watt hps with 2 new bulbs for £40, so im debating whether to use it to finish off this grow or to stick with the cfls, ill probably stick with the cfls to finish this grow off with and start fresh with the hps next grow so ive got something to compare it to,

sounds like you will be moving soon then mate, will you be getting a grow room set up where ever you end up,

my plants are loving the bpn, been giving full strength and noticed one of my plants in flower had 1 spec of nute burn on 1 leaf so ill reduce it very slightly, but the other 2 plants had same strength and no problems, my plants have exploded with growth, shocking how quick they have started growing, looks like they really did need the nutes,

im getting a bit over run with plants, i got more soaked and potted to replace any males i was thinking i would get but so far not got one, ive got enough room to flower the 3 big plants off and the 2 2ltr hempies with the cfls, but by the time this first grow is done the next will be ready to go into flower or may all ready be in flower before they finish,

Back
Top Bottom