TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

re: TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

Welp, looks like I missed out on subbing to this one.

I take it you like your 5gal dwc? That's my next route for sure. Once I buy another light for the tent, the 5gal dwc is MINE! Haha, good grow though, I like it so far.

No problem still plenty of time! and yeah I love the concept of the DWC but the genetics and shitty clone I got just messed everything up for me. I was looking at it today and was so disgusted I grabbed the plant by the base and pulled it out of the hydroton and threw it away! Same goes for the other WW clone. :/ I'm going to use the 5 gallon on my new sensi star seeds, one tent SCROG, fill the whole tent up.

As I said above I yanked the two WW's. This is all I have left, not sure if it even warrants having a journal.

Purple Kush - 21 days of flowering:

IMG_12317.jpg

Giesel left - 43 days of flowering and two PK 21 days of flowering:

IMG_12336.jpg

I'm on my way out to the garage now to find something to set the right PK on to even out the canopy. The middle PK plant I don't think is going to work out very well because the nodes are so far apart! They smell really nice and flowery though. BLAH!!

If it were I, I'd find two things same height to put both the PKs on & super crop the one on the left (middle plant) to even out the canopy. Think that might actually make her a tad more worthwhile. Just a suggestion.

Cheers,
John

If it were I, I'd find two things same height to put both the PKs on & super crop the one on the left (middle plant) to even out the canopy. Think that might actually make her a tad more worthwhile. Just a suggestion.

Cheers,
John

Thanks for the suggestion :) are you suggesting me to super crop it so the side arms will then stretch up? If that's the case I would of had to do it about a week and a half ago. It stopped stretching probably 5 days ago.

Thanks for the suggestion :) are you suggesting me to super crop it so the side arms will then stretch up? If that's the case I would of had to do it about a week and a half ago. It stopped stretching probably 5 days ago.

Yeah, I caught the day 21 part & guessed that already; no, that's not why. It's so 'em little buds along the main stem get better light & hopefully dense/triche up a little better; I doubt they'll stretch to fill the once dreamed of large main cola, so why not try to get the most outa 'em rather than watch them popcorn out. Really, really...its for the same reason you want to lift the runt up; exact same rationale if you follow my "stabbing in the dark" meaning. Like I said, just a suggestion...would hate to see her end up like the two widowed sisters outa frustration.

Cheers,
John

hi mate ows things, has anyone ever tried lying a plant on its side, say after its grown for few weeks would it be possible to turn the plant so its running length ways instead of up. this should give loads of tope shoots then. i know it would mean sorting the pot out so it could be watered as normal and wrap plastic around the open bit, i was just thinking about it the other night, didnt know if its something that could be done if say the plant was getting to tall during the veg stage, would it then stop getting taller and grow the side branches up instead of growing the main stem longer.

i got some bad news with mine, looks like i got 1 hermie, im going to pull it and grow it out for the fem seeds, its the best plant as well, the other 2 are well into flower now but the big bud#2 looks like its got 1 little ball growing at either side of new growth at the nodes, it looks male to me so hermie, ill flower it elsewhere so i wont get pollen on the 2 that are left, my 2 ltr hempies are growing like monsters, they will soon be bigger then the plants that have been in veg for 6 weeks, ill update my journal mate, just thought id see how your getting on, still not online yet, its taking ages for them to find the problem, its a joke, but all been well ill be online when i get back as my airodump software should have enough data to get my online till its fixed, :)

You've got enough WW to get you to the moving date anyways:thumb:

Ohh yeah, 3 zips would last us a lot longer then a month lol! It's some good shit though! Very euphoric feeling if I smoke a little more then normal.

hi mate ows things, has anyone ever tried lying a plant on its side, say after its grown for few weeks would it be possible to turn the plant so its running length ways instead of up. this should give loads of tope shoots then. i know it would mean sorting the pot out so it could be watered as normal and wrap plastic around the open bit, i was just thinking about it the other night, didnt know if its something that could be done if say the plant was getting to tall during the veg stage, would it then stop getting taller and grow the side branches up instead of growing the main stem longer.

i got some bad news with mine, looks like i got 1 hermie, im going to pull it and grow it out for the fem seeds, its the best plant as well, the other 2 are well into flower now but the big bud#2 looks like its got 1 little ball growing at either side of new growth at the nodes, it looks male to me so hermie, ill flower it elsewhere so i wont get pollen on the 2 that are left, my 2 ltr hempies are growing like monsters, they will soon be bigger then the plants that have been in veg for 6 weeks, ill update my journal mate, just thought id see how your getting on, still not online yet, its taking ages for them to find the problem, its a joke, but all been well ill be online when i get back as my airodump software should have enough data to get my online till its fixed, :)

Dang that sucks about your hermie, make sure you keep it far away from the other ones. As jamthe3 was saying above you can super crop the plant wherever you want and turn the plant 90 degrees so it's horizontal rather then vertical. I think this would be a much better solution then trying to turn the medium sideways but what do I know! And on top that, plants usually respond very well to super cropping.

thanks mate, the plants have grown like monsters since bpn, i think my compost must of been lacking in something thats in the nutes, cuz even my new shoots and sprouted seeds are growing like crazy, if the 3 big plants had bpn from day 1 then im sure they would be at least double the size they are now, might be worth changing my compost to a different brand, mine must be low in something the plants need, so thanks for sorting me out with bpn, its really made a huge difference to the plants and the last few weeks have made them grow like monsters even the new sprouted plants.

you know this 400watt dual spec, it wont shock the plants will it, i mean they will be getting loads more light from this 400watt than they are from all the cfls, ill keep some cfls low down the plants and around the sides and stick the 400watt on and see what happens,
thanks mate

thanks mate, the plants have grown like monsters since bpn, i think my compost must of been lacking in something thats in the nutes, cuz even my new shoots and sprouted seeds are growing like crazy, if the 3 big plants had bpn from day 1 then im sure they would be at least double the size they are now, might be worth changing my compost to a different brand, mine must be low in something the plants need, so thanks for sorting me out with bpn, its really made a huge difference to the plants and the last few weeks have made them grow like monsters even the new sprouted plants.

you know this 400watt dual spec, it wont shock the plants will it, i mean they will be getting loads more light from this 400watt than they are from all the cfls, ill keep some cfls low down the plants and around the sides and stick the 400watt on and see what happens,
thanks mate

Well you shouldn't expect your medium to take care of your plants throughout their entire life, nutrients are essential as you have seen. The HPS wont shock the plants don't worry about that, I think it's a very smart move to give it a go. Why settle for less if you have everything you need. No problem on helping with the nutes.

@ Donpaul

A 400w should not be stressful for the plants at all. If they are under CFL's now I would just hang the light far away from the canopy (around 20 inches) and drop it 2-3 inches a day until you find the sweet spot. The closer you can get the light without heat stress, the better! Try to get your hood no more then 6-8" away from the canopy, any more and you drastically start losing lumens.

Also I was following a grow where a guy did just as you mentioned. He laid the container on it's side and covered the top with some type of film/wrap. It basically was like a natural form of LST, however it took up a lot more space since it was laying down on it's side so I don't really see where any benefits are? You could easily achieve the same outcome by LST'ing

Giesel Update - Day 44.. Looking pretty good, just flushed with some water today and then I'll be switching the nute schedule for the last flower stage on the BPN schedule I forgot to this last time. Smells great, I like it more then the WW's smell but nothing is beating the smell of the Purple Kush clones. They are such a fruity flowery smell it's awesome! ]

IMG_12399.jpg

IMG_12408.jpg

IMG_1242.PNG

I would say 6-8" if you have an air cooled hood, if not that might be a little close!
The only thing you have to consider is, the closer you get, the less area you cover. Just find a spot between 6 and 12 inches (depending on how big your hood is and how big your room is). I go about 10 to 11 to make sure I can still cover some of the outer buds.

Giesel Update - Day 44.. Looking pretty good, just flushed with some water today and then I'll be switching the nute schedule for the last flower stage on the BPN schedule I forgot to this last time. Smells great, I like it more then the WW's smell but nothing is beating the smell of the Purple Kush clones. They are such a fruity flowery smell it's awesome! ]

IMG_12399.jpg

IMG_12408.jpg

IMG_1242.PNG

Damn, that giesel is looking awesome. Really fat and crystally.

Thanks COgrow, I wonder how much more it's going to fatten up!

I know! It's funny you say that, I'm on day 61 and things aren't looking done yet. Still have yet to see an amber trichome and I still see new calyxes protruding and swelling... I've already flushed for nearly two weeks haha. Going for a third! Then I'll have to chop regardless to get them dry before I leave.

Wish I could have started just a week or two earlier in January and not had to worry about this lol.

Are you cutting regardless, since you have to move? Or do you think they'll be at optimum when you're ready?

Oh yeah, I was going to ask, did you leave any of your other harvests in total darkness before you chopped it? Do you plan on doing it?

Back
Top Bottom