The PerfectPipe: 420 Magazine Review By Mr. Krip

I got my PerfectPipe in the mail today and was able to first try it on a long lunch 1.5 hours in the middle of an all day training session that I am forced to sit through the next 3 days. I somehow managed to get 2 bowls in then, and this evening I have been able to give it a full workout and have pleasantly blown through several hours and about 4 more bowls.
I will say that the total that I have smoked today is about the equivalent of 2 good sized joints, that normally will get me just started... today and this evening, I am buzzed.
I definitely will smoke less using this pipe, and I will end up being more satisfied. There is good science behind this product and the temperature that this burns that bowl is perfect for total carbolation and total combustion. The ash comes out pure white.
I have found that a #2 pencil eraser makes a perfect tamper for that time in mid bowel when the top ash keep the bottom from fully igniting. I have also learned that after 6 bowls, I am too stoned to be able to see through the accumulated resin now clinging to the sides of this pipe and being a novice yet, it is hard to gauge the correct way to puff to get maximum smoke without being able to clearly see the smoke. Cleaning this pipe regularly is going to be a constant thing but that is built right in as it comes with it own use over and over again cleaning kit. The need to keep it clean makes it clear why packs of 5 or more of these pipes are sold, not to mention the ease of transport that you gain if you load up 2 or 3 of these for a day trip with the spill proof end caps.
The filters are definitely a part of why this pipe works so well, and it is no problem spending $.05c on a new filter for each bowl so as to get the maximum THC out of each hit, with no danger of spark or excess ash.
Remember the old one hit dugouts? This is not a dugout with the flameball attack to the back of your throat at the end... this feels and draws like a cigarette, looks like one from a distance, and when done right can deliver 4 or 5 full clean lungfulls of powerful smoke with every bowl.
This pipe is a hit at my house and it is quickly going to become my favorite way to enjoy my product.
Hi Emilya, Thanks for the great comment!
I seems that you may have started slowing down your draw as you got the hang of it? When you get that perfect controlled draw speed that burns the herb at a low red temp, the THC goes through the roof. I can't believe you can smoke that many bowls! Wow.
Are you smoking less bowls now that you have been using it for a while?

May I slip in helpful hints here for others?
The most important 3 things to do when using the PerfectPipe are:
Removing flame after lighting, puff puff, never have flame on when inhaling.
Draw easy keeping red temp low, find the perfect controlled draw speed for high THC and cool hit.
Use a new filter with each bowl or it will block your THC.

It really makes us feel good to know ones are improving their health using the PerfectPipe.
Green regards,
Randal

I have been a regular smoker of pot since the age of 14 and 27 years of tolerance has built up in my system. I had to start growing my own years ago just so I could afford my habit.
:ganjamon:

Seriously, I can smoke a lot of pot and it is rare for me to willingly put a pipe down for the evening. Once I did learn how to get the perfect slow puff puffs on the pipe, while watching that red glow in the bowl, I was actually able to get stronger hits off of this pipe than I can in my bong, and without coughing my lungs out.

Yes, I am smoking less, because what would normally take 3 to 4 joints (and I don't roll small joints) to get me satiated, 3 or 4 perfect pipe bowls with new filters each time, work just as well, and my lungs feel better too!

Thank you for your research that led you to manufacture this fine product. I will be ordering more pipes and lots more filters soon and I think I am going to just fill up a gallon container with them to have them handy.
:peace::green_heart:

Hi oopssteptinit, Interesting. You have touched on something that many have not realized. You are correct that using hot water in a bong will reduce the THC Loss. But, THC condenses from vapor to liquid at 315F. Hot water may be just under 200F? or cooler. You will still loose lots of THC and the bong does not remove toxins or ash. The sparks do die due to the cooling and that is good. So, yes, using hot water is better in a bong.
When you use the PerfectPipe correctly, your THC stays vaporized as it passes through a clean filter, even with a slow cool draw, because we don't let the THC cool down too much, so you get toasted as many comments here reflect when smoking only a little.
With a bong, even with hot water, you are inhaling much more particulates and toxins to achieve the same level of inhaled THC. Long term bong use does harm your health.
There are articles linked under the "Water Filtration" section which show that you get less THC and more toxins with a bong. Ever wonder why people who use bongs often cough and cough, even during the night? Many have stopped using their bongs, use the PerfectPipe exclusively and report that their lungs are clearing up and no more chronic cough.
If you try the PerfectPipe, be sure to use a new filter with each bowl, remove flame after lighting, and draw easy. I love the comments here where they say that the delayed effect was strong "Didn't hit quite as fast as the bong but good lord, when it all set in, I was baked!".
Good health to you my friend,
Randal
Hey, thanks Randal for the response. I will show this to the missus, she's a cigarette smoker and doesn't cough as much as I do or maybe she is just "tougher" than I am. I have wanted a perfectpipe from the first time I read the review. Hopefully, you will be receiving an order from us in morning, and thanks again.

This is not a dugout with the flameball attack to the back of your throat at the end... this feels and draws like a cigarette, looks like one from a distance, and when done right can deliver 4 or 5 full clean lungfulls of powerful smoke with every bowl.
This pipe is a hit at my house and it is quickly going to become my favorite way to enjoy my product.
Hi Emilya, I wish I would have read this more carefully the other day, because that is what the missus thought this was going to be when I was trying to describe it to her. Thank you

Hey peeps, Randal, ...finally , someone has done it. Just received my pipe today , very impressed. Normally , i'm not fond of gadgets and smoking devices, but the perfect pipe is designed and made perfectly...ha.
It also reminds me of those wooden , one hitters from a ways back. Being made of glass, with a filter and bigger bowl, just wat i needed. I love it. One bowl (4 good hits) , total satisfaction. Very important to burn it cold and slow.
Thanks Randal , and 'Perfect Pipe'..:thumb:

So, guess what I just did about 3 minutes ago?

I threw my bong in the trash! :thedoubletake:

I didn't think I'd ever stop using the bong entirely and, honestly, when I was trying to see if I could do it and just smoke from the PerfectPipe, I kept packing bong hits out of habit cuz' the bong sits right next to me on my desk! :rofl:

My main reason for tossing it in the trash is just for the health aspects and reduced coughing I get from the PerfectPipe.

I was originally sent a two-pipe kit to test. A couple of weeks ago, I ordered five additional pipes and a medium refill kit.

Earlier today, I made the decision to go with the PerfectPipe pretty much exclusively (if you were to offer me a toke off a joint or pack me a hit in your bong, I won't refuse cuz' that would just be rude! ;) ); so I ordered a large refill kit plus an additional 50 screens.

Now I have seven PerfectPipes, 100 or so screens, and about 1,000 or more filters so I should be set for at least a week! :bongrip:

So, guess what I just did about 3 minutes ago?

I threw my bong in the trash! :thedoubletake:

I didn't think I'd ever stop using the bong entirely and, honestly, when I was trying to see if I could do it and just smoke from the PerfectPipe, I kept packing bong hits out of habit cuz' the bong sits right next to me on my desk! :rofl:

My main reason for tossing it in the trash is just for the health aspects and reduced coughing I get from the PerfectPipe.

I was originally sent a two-pipe kit to test. A couple of weeks ago, I ordered five additional pipes and a medium refill kit.

Earlier today, I made the decision to go with the PerfectPipe pretty much exclusively (if you were to offer me a toke off a joint or pack me a hit in your bong, I won't refuse cuz' that would just be rude! ;) ); so I ordered a large refill kit plus an additional 50 screens.

Now I have seven PerfectPipes, 100 or so screens, and about 1,000 or more filters so I should be set for at least a week! :bongrip:
PerfectPipe Knocks Out Another Bong!

Now That's What I'm Talking About!

Smart People Getting It!

Thanks Mr. Krip; I am honored.

Randal

I must say, I'm impressed. I received my perfect pipe prize a week ago and already it is my go to. A very cool smoke and the taste, lets just say I don't think I've ever real tasted good pot before. I am a long time smoker and have always taken big hits. Four or five hits off the pipe, maybe not yet, but one long slow pull will solve all life,s problems for hours to come. Simple, easy and effective. A great big thanks to all you good people at Perfect Pipe. :passitleft:

I ordered a medium refill kit for my 2 pipe travel kit. It's been a big hit in our house. Better flavor, easier for the non-cigarette smokers to handle, and seems to use way less bud to get the desired effect. The next day I bought a sport kit for a buddy of mine and I'm having it shipped to his house. Christmas in August.

I wanna use less product and not suck in all that ash and butane.

Er... What? The pros make sure that there is a flame on top of their lighter before they start inhaling from their smoking device, lol. And at that point, they're not inhaling butane, they're inhaling water vapor and carbon dioxide.

Unless they happen to be trapped in an airtight box from which most of the oxygen has been removed, I suppose; then, they'd get some carbon monoxide and soot (carbon) - but I expect that to be the least of their problems, all things considered ;) .

A little trouble with the CC due to an address issue. To my surprise Cindy answered the phone when I called - on a Saturday evening - and I was helped until we solved the problem a few minutes later. I ordered the 4 pipe kit, refill kit, and one set of bungee caps for Tangled. We can't speak on the product itself yet, but the customer service is through the roof great!

Er... What? The pros make sure that there is a flame on top of their lighter before they start inhaling from their smoking device, lol. And at that point, they're not inhaling butane, they're inhaling water vapor and carbon dioxide.

Unless they happen to be trapped in an airtight box from which most of the oxygen has been removed, I suppose; then, they'd get some carbon monoxide and soot (carbon) - but I expect that to be the least of their problems, all things considered ;) .
Hello TorturedSoul,
Hope your having a great weekend!

Some agree with you about the flame not being bad if you let it burn correctly and others feel that you are still inhaling some harmful chemicals.

Actually this is not the reason for not holding the fire on when inhaling. Fire kills THC, CBC, etc on contact. It makes your hit really hot also on top of the THC loss.

When using the PerfectPipe, holding the fire on it will kill THC at a high rate due to the concentrated extraction design. When you draw easy (after lighting like a cigar and removing flame) you will be amazed how much more THC you get!

It has been great watching here and seeing people say Wow! Better flavor, more THC, No Burn, No Cough.

Huge reduction in cannabis smoking harm: and that is why we are doing this.

Green regards,
Randal

Hello TorturedSoul,
Hope your having a great weekend!

Hi(gh), Randal. Feel like someone kicked me in the front-side of my neck for some reason, but other than that it's pretty unremarkable here. Hope yours is going better, lol.

Actually this is not the reason for not holding the fire on when inhaling. Fire kills THC, CBC, etc on contact. It makes your hit really hot also on top of the THC loss.

Yeah, I know - figured that one out during the Summer before I entered junior high school. The goal isn't to burn the cannabinoids, and when smoking a joint (et cetera), any that do happen to get combusted are *gone*. The heat from the "cherry" vaporizes the cannabinoids that are more or less directly behind it. And blah blah blah, lol, you obviously know this and I'm just rambling, I suppose. Assuming you're the person who designed your product, you probably grew up doing the same stuff that I did (er... in terms of "stoner creativity," I mean ;) ), making smoking devices out of everything from wood, metal, glass, an apple, corn cob, stone... mud (stank up the oven :rofl:), built a vaporizer from a lightbulb and variable transformer (knew that model train set was good for something), et cetera.

Uh, yeah, rambling. Sorry about that, it's kind of my nature. And I apologize for interrupting the subject of the thread just to interject a statement about butane. I usually try to, well, think, and not go off-topic in a forum sponsor's thread (or, as in this case, a review of a sponsor's product).

I like what I've been reading about your PerfectPipe. I'm not personally a fan of small bowls, but this is mostly because my lungs are shot after 38 years of smoking menthols (Kools until I became so poor that the proverbial church mice started pointing at their less fortunate brethren and saying, "That one is as poor as a TorturedSoul," then the cheapest generic menthols on a good day and the $1.70/pack little cigars on a hungry one) and years of inhaling industrial chemicals/acids at jobs where the bosses were too cheap to pay for masks and paid us too little to buy our own. Frankly, I'd LOVE to be able to pack a micro-bowl and get lifted instead of packing my large glass spoon - which will easily hold my thumb up to the first joint with room to wiggle it around - just to sort of get a little high, maybe. So, yes, I'm all for the concept. Any device that enables someone to smoke less - and, by extension, not attack their lungs as much - is a worthy one in my book.

Not having had any personal experience with the product, I've had to rely on this thread and your website - but both provide information and, again, I have gotten a positive vibe from same about the PerfectPipe. I've already mentioned it to a couple of people. Sadly, neither live near me, lol, so I won't be getting to use one any time soon. I'm already in "save every cent I can to survive another Winter" mode, but I hope to be able to purchase one late next Spring. Or maybe a couple; looks like it would make a nice gift for a cannabis consumer! I hope that, if/when I do, I will remember to post about my experiences. I'm assuming that they'll be positive (even if I end up packing it a couple of extra times ;) ).

It has been great watching here and seeing people say Wow! Better flavor, more THC, No Burn, No Cough.

:thumb:.

Huge reduction in cannabis smoking harm: and that is why we are doing this.

:thumb:, again. And thank you - from someone who wished he'd thought about such things decades ago.

Thanks to @farside05 mentioning his PerfectPipe (that he won as a POTM prize - sponsoring contests pays off!), and the great reviews here from Krip and the rest of you, I ordered one a few weeks ago. I'm here to report that (other than the inconvenience of having to change out the filter), it's a great pipe! Easy to pack with the jam and twist method into a container of ground weed.

My wife (the primary smoker in my house) gets toasted after just two hits, which is where she stops. With one of her regular glass pipes she will smoke a bowl, and then another maybe 20 minutes later. Not with the PerfectPipe! Two hits and done.

She still uses her standard pipes when she wants to just sit around and smoke, which she likes to do as an ex-cigarette smoker.

If you want to get the meds into your system quickly and smoothly, and use less bud while you're doing it, this is for you.

:thanks: PerfectPipe and all y'all for the recommendations and reviews. We'll be buying some as Christmas presents!

I will be ordering the 4 pipe kit and accessories after the holidays or suggest it to my wife as a present for me Lol, I want something that isn't harsh on the throat and lungs and this sound great,Once I do get them I will review here and other places.

Okay, I've read all the reviews and I just have one question.

What is so special about the filter? I mean I could add a filter to a joint if I want a filter. Is the Perfect Pipe's filter special in some way?

Back
Top Bottom