The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

Happy New Year, Sue. Good luck with your grows.

Peace, Hyena

I like the top dress mix you got going on, just have a quick question. What is the roots your using? Any specific brand of recharge? Thx and happy new year.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Morning Demon. :hug: These are components of Doc Bud's HihgBrix Blend system. The Recharge is a smaller portion of the amendment mix that gets added to the soil-building process. Just a bit more umph! to get the girls through the bloom. Roots! is a mix of crushed rock dust we use with the kit to in the root zone during transplant. It encourages the myco to explode in growth, thereby helping the plant grow finer roots much more quickly. One of my favorite parts of the kit. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Roots and recharge are part of docs kit.

Thank you for answering that while I was still sleeping. :hug: :love:

Yes Morglie "Roots" is part of the "kit". it is to be used at all transplanting and when we add leaves and trimmings to our cooking soil. We put a lil in on top of those trimmings and give a lil water on top, then cover. The "roots" help dissolve (eat) those trimmings and break it all down into usable humus. Cheers.

It's my understanding the function of Roots! is to encourage the activity levels of the root-serving fungi. Their network expands the communication exponentially and allows more efficient transfer of nutrient to plant. Of course, they chew through any and all organic matter in that soil while they're working away.

If I'm not getting this picture clearly enough, I'd appreciate it if one of you would straighten me out. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Happy New Year, Sue. Good luck with your grows.

Peace, Hyena

Good morning Hyena, and a Happy New Year to you. :hug::love: May your gardens overflow with euphoric goodness. Get some CBD in there somewhere too. :laughtwo:

Got a call from a good friend who purchases off the street, wishing me a Happy New Year. Suddenly I decided I wanted to start her New Year off on a better foot.

IMG_30839.JPG

IMG_308411.JPG

I'm cooking a few grams of Carnival for her to pick up later. :cheesygrinsmiley:

We've discovered an interesting wrinkle in the decarb puzzle. It appears that doing the longer decarb potentiates the bud way beyond expectations when used as an edible, regardless of who consumes. But take that same cooked bud and fire it up and the men feel no difference in effect, decarbed to undecarbed bud.

Hand that same cooked bud to a woman and she feels the hit faster, stronger, and will carry it longer.

Both sexes find that cooking the bud longer almost completely eliminates any harshness you would have gotten smoking it undecarbed. Then, as Rifleman pointed out, you no longer need a grinder. :laughtwo: We're still gathering evidence, so anyone who feels inclined to participate in this unstructured experiment please do and report your findings to us.

Yes, i have SS, check your PM's. and please stop top dressing with "Roots" OK! Top dress with EWC's and Recharge only K! Cheers.:Namaste:

I've always done it like that Duggan. It's just a small sprinkling. It was at Ziggy's encouragement, back when I started with the kit. You're telling me I've been doing this wrong all along and this is the first time it's been noticed? Lol! Better late than never, but guys, it's not like I do this stuff in secret. :laughtwo:

I've always done it like that Duggan. It's just a small sprinkling. It was at Ziggy's encouragement, back when I started with the kit. You're telling me I've been doing this wrong all along and this is the first time it's been noticed? Lol! Better late than never, but guys, it's not like I do this stuff in secret. :laughtwo:

Ya , i musta missed you doing this all along . Dunno why Ziggs would have suggested this, i'm kinda surprised he did. Nowhere in the directions does it say to top dress with "roots". Use it at transplanting .That's it for the "Roots" Ok, and dissolving leaf trimmings and other organic matter we put into our "cooking" soil bins to help eat up those trimmings . Our soil does NOT need this extra OK. Gray , Ziggs or Doc hopefully will chime in and give you the more scientific answer, i know you desire . Cheers eh!

Happy New Year Sue ! :party:

I can help you research the decarb. MY wife is still asleep and I will get some buds decarb'd for our New Year's wake-n-bake. I will not even tell her so we can be sure there is no placebo effect.

What is the magic time and temp you decarb the buds at? I assume smaller buds will decarb more evenly than large ones in the oven?

Happy New Year Sue ! :party:

I can help you research the decarb. MY wife is still asleep and I will get some buds decarb'd for our New Year's wake-n-bake. I will not even tell her so we can be sure there is no placebo effect.

What is the magic time and temp you decarb the buds at? I assume smaller buds will decarb more evenly than large ones in the oven?

Your wife will thank you for this GG. :hug:

I'm going with 230 F for 90 minutes. I'll watch for your report, and
Happy New Year. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Roots! has different rock dusts like , mycos, etc..

Recharge has those things too. If someone top dresses with "Roots" , Recharge, EWC's , and Epsoms throughout the grow , by the time 3rd. run soil gets around , the soil will NOT work as designed. It would not be "in balance" and would be very touchy, right off the bat. It is highly recommended to follow directions TO THE LETTER with the "kit". It has been designed by people who wear white lab coats and or ,are qualified , like Doc Bud. Using Doc's gear is a pleasure and we all owe him for bringing it to us , period. It's so easy to use and has taken the guess work out of things ...at least for me...i just follow directions , is all. After a few runs and a bit of understanding is achieved , that's when you start to "fine tune" things a bit ....it's cuz you GET IT now. I could list all the little things that are learned , but it's not how to learn, you have to get a few miles on , using it...that's when the boredom hits , and you realize just how stupid easy it really is! cheers Sue ,Ziggs and gang....:circle-of-love:

Hi Sue! Reporting back on my decarb experiment. :roorrip:

decarb.jpg

This was perfect timing since I have 4 different plants just 1 week in the jars curing. My wife is very used to being my guinea pig helping me evaluated product so she never suspected anything different was up.

I took a few small nugs of AK47 #2 and put it in the oven at 230d. My wife got up and went for coffee about 15 minutes later. She didn't notice the oven on but she did say that she smelled something weird and "chemical" smelling after I revealed the experiment. She didn't say anything to me at the time. This weed has a mild sweet skunk smell when the jar is opened and a loud diesel smell when you break a bud up. It smelled like grapefruit in the kitchen to me when it was baking. (Side note: Only after growing out a few MJ plants did I realize the similarity in the smell of diesel fuel and grapefruit. Squirrel!)

It had been baking about an hour when we hit 3 bongs each of the bud straight from the jar. I had her evaluate her buzz as I often do when a new batch is ready. She was happy and stoned as was I. After 90 minutes in the oven I took the decarb buds and put them on the tray. We hit 3 bong rips of the baked bud about an hour after the initial bongs. She thought it was just another one of the plants. She was trying to guess which one since she is familiar with them all at this point. When she described the buzz this time she said she "could tell it was different" and seemed to be more of a "heady" sativa-like buzz , but that it was "more comfortable" than the other weed. After revealing the plot, she says the one thing she didn't like was the loss of flavor. I noticed the decarb budz just had a faint spinach smell when crumbled (like the taste in my cannabutter). It had no flavor when smoked but did hit very smooth.

I could not tell much difference myself. I got comfortably stoned both ways. She has got busy and is mopping the kitchen in there now I think. You may be on to something good here! :rofl:

We've discovered an interesting wrinkle in the decarb puzzle. It appears that doing the longer decarb potentiates the bud way beyond expectations when used as an edible, regardless of who consumes. But take that same cooked bud and fire it up and the men feel no difference in effect, decarbed to undecarbed bud.

Hand that same cooked bud to a woman and she feels the hit faster, stronger, and will carry it longer.

Both sexes find that cooking the bud longer almost completely eliminates any harshness you would have gotten smoking it undecarbed. Then, as Rifleman pointed out, you no longer need a grinder. :laughtwo: We're still gathering evidence, so anyone who feels inclined to participate in this unstructured experiment please do and report your findings to us.

Brownie update
The first batch I made with 8g of better than trim small buds. At one half gram per slice they had a nice calm, focused high. It was nice but not what I would call intense.

The second batch I started with 22g of the same small buds and made the slices smaller at 24 slices for the 22g.

The first day with the new batch I decided to explore what a day of "Let's get baked for the day." would be like with the brownies and a few bags of vaped added in. Nice, though it did require a two hour nap.

What I am finding is that I am not getting overly long effects, especially the intense part of the curve. What I have noticed is, just a small amount of inhaled meds added to the background buzz of the brownies will really ramp up the effects. I think it also tends to keep the brownies going longer too.

I was going to add mango juice back in but I could not buy anything that the first two ingredients are water and corn syrup. And, the only mention of mango is pulp and it was further down the list. Two unripe mangos were the best I could do. I don't really like mangos, green ones even less. I did get a small slice down. Not enough to notice any change in effect or onset. I will try more when they get ripe.

Probably my main goal with brownies and oil caps is to break the habit of joints and dry pipes. The urge to have a joint going is still there though I am rather happy with the high over the last few days. Weight gain could to be a problem soon.

Best everyone and
Happy New Year
canyon

Hi Sue! Reporting back on my decarb experiment. :roorrip:

decarb.jpg

This was perfect timing since I have 4 different plants just 1 week in the jars curing. My wife is very used to being my guinea pig helping me evaluated product so she never suspected anything different was up.

I took a few small nugs of AK47 #2 and put it in the oven at 230d. My wife got up and went for coffee about 15 minutes later. She didn't notice the oven on but she did say that she smelled something weird and "chemical" smelling after I revealed the experiment. She didn't say anything to me at the time. This weed has a mild sweet skunk smell when the jar is opened and a loud diesel smell when you break a bud up. It smelled like grapefruit in the kitchen to me when it was baking. (Side note: Only after growing out a few MJ plants did I realize the similarity in the smell of diesel fuel and grapefruit. Squirrel!)

It had been baking about an hour when we hit 3 bongs each of the bud straight from the jar. I had her evaluate her buzz as I often do when a new batch is ready. She was happy and stoned as was I. After 90 minutes in the oven I took the decarb buds and put them on the tray. We hit 3 bong rips of the baked bud about an hour after the initial bongs. She thought it was just another one of the plants. She was trying to guess which one since she is familiar with them all at this point. When she described the buzz this time she said she "could tell it was different" and seemed to be more of a "heady" sativa-like buzz , but that it was "more comfortable" than the other weed. She says the one thing she didn't like was the loss of flavor. I noticed the decarb budz just had a faint spinach smell when crumbled (like the taste in my cannabutter). It had no flavor when smoked but did hit very smooth.

I could not tell much difference myself. I got comfortably stoned both ways. She has got busy and is mopping the kitchen in there now I think. You may be on to something good here! :rofl:

Hahaha! This is delicious. :slide: I stumbled right into this. It fell right in front of me. Hahaha!

Ok, let me catch my breath........... Interesting, that you mention the pronounced sativa influence. That hadn't clicked until now. Hmmm...... One of my classes recently had been about the difference between indicas and sativas. The major factor turned out to be that the indicas have a propensity to develop hydroxylated terpenes. I'll have to review the class notes and see if I can figure out the significance of that. I do remember that the prevailing theory is that the hydroxylated terpenes are somehow linked with the gibberellic acids.

Yeah..... We suddenly got very botanically technical, so if any of you understand that, please chime in.

So..... the decarb is causing some shift in the molecular structure we weren't aware of, and it appears that whatever it is the female physiology responds in a way unique to the male. Or so it appears on the surface. I need a hungry grad student.

Edit: This is what we need to figure out. What's going on at the molecular level, and why does it express differently by sex?

Well, this is looking to be an interesting year. :battingeyelashes: :love:

GG, would you please post this in the Study Hall? Thank you, my fellow lab rat. :hug: :love:

I won a contest guys!!! :yahoo: Caught me completely by surprise. I'd entered MagicJim's fabulous photos in the 420 Magazine's Creme De La Creme Photo Contest and they won. :yahoo:

Those of us who follow MagicJim aren't surprised by this notice of his camera skills. I was surprised that no one beat me out. There's a gold mine of pictures on this site that'd make super cropped shots.

This was such a delicious way to start the new year off. And a friend gave me a gift certificate to my favorite restaurant. If they're open today I'll go out to dinner and tip well. Yes indeed, overflowing joy to kick off the new year.

Get out there and be joyful. Invite wonder into your own life. Have fun. Life is meant to be fun. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Congrats on the Creme De La Creme award!

My wife has already started cooking black-eyed peas and collard greens now. Gonna be a good year!

:love:

Oooooo..... Made me salivate GG. :laughtwo: I haven't cooked that in decades.

Back
Top Bottom