More about @Herbies Seeds Colombian Gold fem photo
Herbies Seeds Columbian Gold.png

World of Seeds Columbian Gold.png

Colombian Gold is a feminized cannabis strain that’s part of World of Seeds’ coveted Pure Origin Collection – the result of the breeders traveling the world in search of some of the purest strains available. This 100% Sativa strain is incredibly pure, with strong psychedelic effects. It’s highly sought after for its medicinal potential and has plenty to offer recreational users as well. Since it’s fairly strong, this strain should probably be limited to weekend use (yea, right).

Pure Genetics Achieved Over Generations
This Sativa strain is the result of a combination of pure strains from the Santa Marta mountain range in Colombia that is home to the country’s highest peaks. Below 2,500m, where the soil is very fertile, can be found anything from typical Andean woods to dense tropical jungle.

Cannabis has been cultivated in this area for many generations and, by trying to improve the plant’s medicinal properties through continual interbreeding, the local inhabitants have achieved some of the most genetically pure strains in existence. Our breeder brought back many seeds from this region and we worked with them to produce this tall, vigorous, branchy strain with an intense, sweet fragrance that stands out above all for her taste and potent psychedelic effects.

Colombian Gold: A Mind-Bending, Pure High
This feminized cannabis variety is a 100% pure Sativa strain, which means the effects are felt almost entirely in the head. While its THC level of around 18% is only moderately high, it has very strong cerebral properties and has been bred to bring out its medicinal potential. For recreational users looking for a psychedelic experience, Colombian Gold is one of the best choices around.

A Standout For Sweet Flavors And Aromas
Colombian Gold is derived from plants grown in the incredibly fertile soils of the Santa Marta Mountains of Colombia. The result is that Colombian Gold boasts a very sweet and fruity aroma profile – one of its most distinguishing features. The taste is likewise very delicious, with a similarly strong combination of sweetness and fruitiness.

Colombian Gold: A Forgiving Grow That Requires Some Care
This feminized marijuana strain is, for the most part, a fairly easy strain to grow, although it does require a bit of care to protect it from pests. It’s a tall plant with plenty of branches, and produces decent yields indoors and great ones outside.

It has an average flowering time of 65-75 days.
Its yields average 400g/m2 (1.3 oz/ft2) indoors and 700g (24.7 oz) per plant outdoors.
This strain is highly resistant to mold.
It has a high irrigation tolerance as well.
However, it’s also highly odorous, so indoor grows will require good filtration.

Characteristics
Brand: World of Seeds
Type of seeds: Feminized
Type of seeds: Photoperiod
Suitable for growing: Indoor, Outdoor
Flavor: Sweet fruit
Effect: Irrepressible wave of fun
Genetics: 100% Sativa from Santa Marta (Colombia)
Harvest: 400 g/m² indoors
Indoor flowering time: 65 - 75 days
THC: 18 %

Thanks to @Herbies Seeds for sponsoring this grow. Herbies had me go to their US Express site[Herbies USA Express | Fast Shipping Marijuana Seeds USA Wide] and pick out my seeds. Two days later they were at my door!
20230209_131052.jpg

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Wow! Another Vivosun grow. They must really like you. Congrats.

There are a few people growing landraces this year. @Chuckeye and @Stunger both are running them, too.

And, I just started a Durban Poison this week. :battingeyelashes:
You missed someone else, but that’s ok. CL🍀

I had some electrical work done in the basement since the last grow. I now have a new 60a sub-panel along with 5 new 30a GFI receptacles. I also have a 50a plug and breaker for my 12k generator so if power goes off I can keep the grow room running. After all the work was done, I broke down the old 4x4 tent and cleaned up that side of the basement. All the equipment in the tent got stacked on the shelves on the left (except the light).

Then I set up the new @VIVOSUN Advanced grey 5x5 tent. I've set up a few tents now and it really helps to know what you are doing. I start by layout out all the pieces. Then I put together the bottom and top frame with all the corners. I put the bottom down, put the supports in the corners, then carefully put the top frame on. I did get my wife's help putting on the 'skin', but I probably could have done it myself. Find the bottom and slide that under the tent. Fit the bottom frame into the bottom of the tent. Then lift the top up and over, pulling it all the way to the other side. This is the hard part, especially if there is not much room to move around. After than, you just zip it up.[pics]

I took my time putting all the equipment back in. I didn't want to replicate the old tent, I really wanted to start from scratch. I started by mounting the GrowHub and running all the wires for it. Then I put in the fans and exhaust. The exhaust is mounted outside the tent. It doesn't have a filter right now, but I have one if needed.

My old 4' grate that I used to mount things doesn't fit in the new tent. It ended up being a good thing. I didn;t really need it any longer and I think the new look is a lot cleaner. I mounted one power strip in the top corner and another in the right-front corner. I made sure all the cords were neatly tucked away. I had the air pump mounted on the back rack before, and it shook the whole thing and made a lot of noise. I now have the air pump outside the tent and it make a lot less noise and no vibrations in the tent.

I put the RDWC system in the tent to see how it looks. There's a lot of room to fill in there! Here it is still being set up.

My camera shelf is for 14mm poles, and the upgraded grey tent has 22mm poles. I ended up buying a 4-pack of 22mm tent shelves to use. They're not as tight as my old shelves, but you can use a zip ties on them.

Finally, it was time to mount the light. The VSF6450 comes with mounts to go right on the top of the tent. Four mount points on the two support bars hold the light firmly in place and leaves me lots of room for the plants.

Everything got plugged into the GrowHub and then powered up. I'm still waiting on some longer power strips, and I need to set up the RDWC.

Now that the tent is all set up, though, it's time to start some seeds!

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

I think yours is faster flowering, you’ll prolly be finished before us. CL🍀
I'm expecting 12 weeks of flower at least, after 4-6 weeks of veg from seed. Throw in a nice long cure, and 6 months seems reasonable ;) And don't worry, if I finish before you I'll let you know how it smokes :laughtwo:

I had some electrical work done in the basement since the last grow. I now have a new 60a sub-panel along with 5 new 30a GFI receptacles. I also have a 50a plug and breaker for my 12k generator so if power goes off I can keep the grow room running. After all the work was done, I broke down the old 4x4 tent and cleaned up that side of the basement. All the equipment in the tent got stacked on the shelves on the left (except the light).

Then I set up the new @VIVOSUN Advanced grey 5x5 tent. I've set up a few tents now and it really helps to know what you are doing. I start by layout out all the pieces. Then I put together the bottom and top frame with all the corners. I put the bottom down, put the supports in the corners, then carefully put the top frame on. I did get my wife's help putting on the 'skin', but I probably could have done it myself. Find the bottom and slide that under the tent. Fit the bottom frame into the bottom of the tent. Then lift the top up and over, pulling it all the way to the other side. This is the hard part, especially if there is not much room to move around. After than, you just zip it up.[pics]

I took my time putting all the equipment back in. I didn't want to replicate the old tent, I really wanted to start from scratch. I started by mounting the GrowHub and running all the wires for it. Then I put in the fans and exhaust. The exhaust is mounted outside the tent. It doesn't have a filter right now, but I have one if needed.

My old 4' grate that I used to mount things doesn't fit in the new tent. It ended up being a good thing. I didn;t really need it any longer and I think the new look is a lot cleaner. I mounted one power strip in the top corner and another in the right-front corner. I made sure all the cords were neatly tucked away. I had the air pump mounted on the back rack before, and it shook the whole thing and made a lot of noise. I now have the air pump outside the tent and it make a lot less noise and no vibrations in the tent.

I put the RDWC system in the tent to see how it looks. There's a lot of room to fill in there! Here it is still being set up.

My camera shelf is for 14mm poles, and the upgraded grey tent has 22mm poles. I ended up buying a 4-pack of 22mm tent shelves to use. They're not as tight as my old shelves, but you can use a zip ties on them.

Finally, it was time to mount the light. The VSF6450 comes with mounts to go right on the top of the tent. Four mount points on the two support bars hold the light firmly in place and leaves me lots of room for the plants.

Everything got plugged into the GrowHub and then powered up. I'm still waiting on some longer power strips, and I need to set up the DWC.

I love your grow space pictures. So much really good info in here, as usual!
Thanks for the invite and always good to see all the fellow passengers too.

All my VivoStuff is here and ordering the last few things for the grow (SIP buckets, nutes, myco and soil). Ill be coming into your threads quite often asking lots of questions Im sure :goof:

Really happy to see @Herbies Seeds kicking out the seeds with their new USA distribution too. They're good people.

Cant wait to see all the land racing this season! :laughtwo::circle-of-love::cheer::thumb:

Everything got plugged into the GrowHub and then powered up. I'm still waiting on some longer power strips, and I need to set up the RDWC.

Sweet setup Bman, very pro looking 👀. I’m sure you’re gonna be growing some exquisite plants. CL🍀 :thumb: :party::Namaste:

I love your grow space pictures. So much really good info in here, as usual!
Thanks for the invite and always good to see all the fellow passengers too.
Thanks ANPF and welcome
All my VivoStuff is here and ordering the last few things for the grow (SIP buckets, nutes, myco and soil). Ill be coming into your threads quite often asking lots of questions Im sure :goof:
That's exciting. Are you ready to start a journal so you can share pictures of your equipment and setup :) I'd love to see the grow space you're working with and how you're setting up the tent.
Really happy to see @Herbies Seeds kicking out the seeds with their new USA distribution too. They're good people.

Cant wait to see all the land racing this season! :laughtwo::circle-of-love::cheer::thumb:
Herbies is great. I love all the Sativas growing on this site right now, it'll be interesting to see the similarities and differences.

Sweet setup Bman, very pro looking 👀. I’m sure you’re gonna be growing some exquisite plants. CL🍀 :thumb: :party::Namaste:
Thanks CL, I'm looking forward to filling a 25 sq ft net!

Thanks ANPF and welcome

That's exciting. Are you ready to start a journal so you can share pictures of your equipment and setup :) I'd love to see the grow space you're working with and how you're setting up the tent.

Herbies is great. I love all the Sativas growing on this site right now, it'll be interesting to see the similarities and differences.
I was going to wait for the buckets to get in but I suppose I could just get the rig all set and waiting. I partly wanted to wait so I could get a pic of the actual wall of boxes lol. I may have gone overboard with all the fans. We shall see :cheer: .
Oh! good opportunity to ask where you got your SIP buckets from?

I'll probably start the thread this week. Im getting tired of waiting and need to start getting input from the community now anyway.

Fingers crossed the bloody ruddy ruddy ruderalis isnt too much of a percentage in my auto beans! :passitleft:

Im looking at landrace for a grow soon. I might break apart the four AeroLights and grab another tent and put two of them in each. Depends on what we wind up moving into this summer hopefully :lot-o-toke:.

I'll be tagging you for the grow thread! :rollit:

I was going to wait for the buckets to get in but I suppose I could just get the rig all set and waiting. I partly wanted to wait so I could get a pic of the actual wall of boxes lol. I may have gone overboard with all the fans. We shall see :cheer: .
Oh! good opportunity to ask where you got your SIP buckets from?
I started in DWC, so I had plenty of buckets. If I remember, food-grade black buckets are rare and expensive. Get a cheap white bucket and cover the outside.
I'll probably start the thread this week. Im getting tired of waiting and need to start getting input from the community now anyway.
That's the best reason to get your thread started sooner rather than later.
Fingers crossed the bloody ruddy ruddy ruderalis isnt too much of a percentage in my auto beans! :passitleft:

Im looking at landrace for a grow soon. I might break apart the four AeroLights and grab another tent and put two of them in each. Depends on what we wind up moving into this summer hopefully :lot-o-toke:.
The four AeroLights give you a lot of flexibility. Are you growing outside again this year?
I'll be tagging you for the grow thread! :rollit:
Please do!

I started in DWC, so I had plenty of buckets. If I remember, food-grade black buckets are rare and expensive. Get a cheap white bucket and cover the outside.
Ahhh I see now. I had so many opportunities to grab good buckets when I was a cook. It's a constant regret lol. Im just going to opt for a Realgrowers system (one reservoir bucket and two planters), this first time anyway.
That's the best reason to get your thread started sooner rather than later.
Yeah, time to push the button and start!
The four AeroLights give you a lot of flexibility. Are you growing outside again this year?
It's part of the reason I went in on the 4 separate lights instead of one or two of the big lights. Also Im really excited about having those 4 little fans blowing around on the girls below (plus the two E6's at the sides and the R2D2 unit from below).

I wanted to grow outside again with a much more plant friendly set up but this outdoor season is just going to be too much with buying a house/moving etc. So indoor grows until next year most likely. :dreamy::straightface:
Please do!
:thumb:

I finished setting up the Vivosun Bud Factory this weekend. I moved a few things around so most of the wires are hidden. I also got the RDWC system set up. I was happy to see it sits more in the center of the tent than I thought. I filled it 1/2 way with water and H2O2 and then pH'ed the water down to around 4. That should kill anything in the system. I'll scrub it down one more time before emptying and refilling with fresh water.
* The device in the middle is a Govee water sensor

A few more pictures from today...

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow

I'm expecting 12 weeks of flower at least, after 4-6 weeks of veg from seed. Throw in a nice long cure, and 6 months seems reasonable ;) And don't worry, if I finish before you I'll let you know how it smokes :laughtwo:
My Cafe Racers' are 10-12 weeks flower which is why I am keeping a bonzai momma. Just too long for my liking so will grow a few outdoors only. Lighting is way cheaper. :rofl:

Switching to auto's for indoor.

Dood luck on your grow. Nice set up.

My Cafe Racers' are 10-12 weeks flower which is why I am keeping a bonzai momma. Just too long for my liking so will grow a few outdoors only. Lighting is way cheaper. :rofl:

Switching to auto's for indoor.

Dood luck on your grow. Nice set up.
Thanks Scott. I expect these to flower 10-12 weeks as well. I have plenty of time, though, and plenty of weed while I'm waiting:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom