The Vivosun Bud Factory
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSF6450
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies USA Express

Welcome to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System (GrowHub, 6" AeroZesh, & AeroWave E6), the Vivosun VSF6450, and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Smart Grow System (SGS) - Current settings:
* Seedling Mode* Scheduled to start 4/4 @ 4am
* Vegetative Mode* Scheduled to start 4/16 @ 4am

Other Equipment:
Vivosun heat mat set @ 76f

Strain: World of Seeds Colombian Gold fem photo x 4 (from Herbies USA Express)
Nutrients - None yet
Medium - EZ-Gro plugs
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)

Now that I finally have the @VIVOSUN Bud Factory set up it's time to get this grow started. My seed germination process is really simple. I don't pre-soak or otherwise prepare the seed. My secret is I always try to place the seed at 4:20pm, right after lighting up! Since I started them April Fool's Day (Saturday 4/1/23) I rolled up a cigarette-size joint with a nice blend of several previous grows
;)

I use EZ-Gro plugs (like rapid rooters but not pre-moistened). I soak the plugs for an hour or so in plain tap water to make sure they're saturated. I put them in the tray with a drain under it. Then I stick the seeds about 1/2-3/4 inch into the plugs, pointy end up. I've found that the combination of putting the seeds a little further down (1/2 - 3/4") and pointy end up gives me the best chance of getting the seeds to pop without a helmet. Pointy end up because I want the root to come out of the top, then turn down. I want it to be far enough down so that the seed head is scraped off as it comes up.

Then I tear off a small piece of the plug and use it to cover the holes. I put the plug in a humidity dome with a little bit of water in the bottom of the tray, but not enough so that the plug is sitting in water. If the plug sits in water it wicks moisture and gets too wet.

I put another plug in the dome, but this is used for the temperature probe for the heat mat. I want to control the temperature inside the plug, if possible. I have a dome with a notch I use for the probe cord.

I set the dome on my Vivosun heat mat with the controller set to 76f. With the dome on and vents closed, the heat mat warms the little bit of water in the bottom of the tray and creates lots of humidity under the dome, usually above 98%. Almost as good as sitting in a glass of water, but the seed can still breathe. See THIS POST for pictures of my process.

I usually get a seedling by the 3rd of 4th day, and I never need to touch the seed or expose the roots. I have the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System scheduled to turn on the light to Seedling mode @ 40% (12 DLI) on the third day (Tuesday, 4/4). I have the camera focused on the dome to try to get them coming up, but so far it's all condensation :(

Come on you beauties, almost time to rise and shine!

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

I had the air pump mounted on the back rack before, and it shook the whole thing and made a lot of noise. I now have the air pump outside the tent and it make a lot less noise and no vibrations in the tent.
I hear you on the noise. I ended up hanging my pump from a piece of clothesline tied to another piece tied between two posts. The double ropes seem to absorb the vibration without amplifying it like setting it down on a surface.

Welcome to the Vivosun Bud Factory! a Vivosun 5x5 upgraded grey tent equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System and the Vivosun VSF6450! I'll be growing four @Herbies Seeds 100% Sativa Colombian Gold fem photos in a 45g RDWC system using @Prescription Blend.

The major upgrade to the Bud Factory this grow is the tent! On my last grow with the VSF6450 in my 4x4 it was wall-to-wall buds. So I moved up to the Vivosun upgraded grey 5x5, giving me nearly 60% more area (16 sq ft -> 25 sq ft). My old Vivosun 4x4 was taken down and packed up, still in great condition. I have plans for the 4x4 in the next few months. Now, though, I can't wait to see how well I can fill this 5x5! Thank you @VIVOSUN for sponsoring this journal and all of the fantastic equipment.

This will be my first 100% Sativa grow. Thank you @Herbies Seeds for sponsoring this grow. Herbies had me go to their new US Express site and pick out my seeds. Two days later they were at my door! I'll be starting all 5 seeds and putting the best 4 in the RDWC. If all 5 germinate, I'll find something fun to do with the last one.

This will be my fourth grow in my 45g PA Hydroponics 4 plant Fallponic RDWC system. It has 4x13g grow sites and a 13g reservoir outside the tent, a 400 gpm inline pump to deliver 100g/hour of nutrient solution to each bucket, and a Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump with a 2x4 Vivosun air stone in each bucket. Each site has a 8" netpot that will be filled with clay pebbles.

For nutrients, I'll be starting with MC+Silica in veg, working it up to around 1000 ppm (2 ec). I'll switch to @Prescription Blend in flower. I'll use Hydroguard and z7 throughout, along with some other beneficial bacteria (bennies).

Thanks for joining, and now it's time to go for the GOLD!

What am I growing? Colombian Gold fem photo from @Herbies Seeds
- 100% Sativa
- THC: 18%
- Brand: World of Seeds (via Herbies)
- Lineage: Santa Marta (Colombia)
- Effect: Cerebral / Psychedelic
- Indoor Yield: 400 gr/m²
- Flowers: 65-75 days
- Taste/Smell: Sweet Fruit

Where am I growing? I'll be growing these from start to finish in 'The Vivosun Bud Factory', a Vivosun Advanced grey 5x5 tent in my basement equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System.

- Vivosun 60x60x80 Advanced grey tent
- Vivosun Smart Grow System, including
- GrowHub 42A
- Aerozesh 6" exhaust fan (with filter for late flower only)
- AeroWave E6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- Vivosun VSF6450 645W LED
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
- Small humidifier when needed
Basement:
- Temps: 66-72f Central A/C and heat, radiant heater if needed
- Humidity: Kept at around 40% RH with Dehumidifier,

What am I growing in?
- RDWC: 13g RDWC buckets, 8" Netpots with clay balls
- Water: Carbon-filtered well water @ 100ppm/8.1pH
- Nutrients: Veg with MC Megacrop 1-part, Flower with Prescription Blend
- Bennies: Hydroguard, Z7, Pirhana, Voodoo Juice

Any other equipment?
- Vivosun Heat mat + controller, EZ-Gro plugs, and starter domes for starting seeds
- PA Hydroponic Fallponics 4 site RWDC system + res (13g buckets) w/ 400 GPH pump
- Milwaukee bluelab combo pH & TDS meter
- LUX meter + Photone app
- Wyze V3 Camera
- Govee thermometer/hygrometers
- Govee water sensors

Thanks for joining along, I'm excited to get the RDWC system back up and running. It's almost time to fire the Bud Factory back up!

I'm thankful for 420 Magazine's weekly email of popular topics or I might have missed this one!
I am excited for this one. I can almost smell the bud from 40+ years ago. I know you'll get the most out of it.

I must have missed it but I'm sticking close now:rolleyes:

The Vivosun Bud Factory
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and the VSF6450
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies USA Express

Welcome to the Vivosun Bud Factory, a Vivosun 5x5 (60x60x80) advanced grey tent equipped with the Vivosun Smart Grow System (GrowHub, 6" AeroZesh, & AeroWave E6), the Vivosun VSF6450, and a 45g 4-site RDWC system.

Smart Grow System (SGS) - Current settings:
* Seedling Mode* Scheduled to start 4/4 @ 4am
* Vegetative Mode* Scheduled to start 4/16 @ 4am

Other Equipment:
Vivosun heat mat set @ 76f

Strain: World of Seeds Colombian Gold fem photo x 4 (from Herbies USA Express)
Nutrients - None yet
Medium - EZ-Gro plugs
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)

Now that I finally have the @VIVOSUN Bud Factory set up it's time to get this grow started. My seed germination process is really simple. I don't pre-soak or otherwise prepare the seed. My secret is I always try to place the seed at 4:20pm, right after lighting up! Since I started them April Fool's Day (Saturday 4/1/23) I rolled up a cigarette-size joint with a nice blend of several previous grows
;)

I use EZ-Gro plugs (like rapid rooters but not pre-moistened). I soak the plugs for an hour or so in plain tap water to make sure they're saturated. I put them in the tray with a drain under it. Then I stick the seeds about 1/2-3/4 inch into the plugs, pointy end up. I've found that the combination of putting the seeds a little further down (1/2 - 3/4") and pointy end up gives me the best chance of getting the seeds to pop without a helmet. Pointy end up because I want the root to come out of the top, then turn down. I want it to be far enough down so that the seed head is scraped off as it comes up.

Then I tear off a small piece of the plug and use it to cover the holes. I put the plug in a humidity dome with a little bit of water in the bottom of the tray, but not enough so that the plug is sitting in water. If the plug sits in water it wicks moisture and gets too wet.

I put another plug in the dome, but this is used for the temperature probe for the heat mat. I want to control the temperature inside the plug, if possible. I have a dome with a notch I use for the probe cord.

I set the dome on my Vivosun heat mat with the controller set to 76f. With the dome on and vents closed, the heat mat warms the little bit of water in the bottom of the tray and creates lots of humidity under the dome, usually above 98%. Almost as good as sitting in a glass of water, but the seed can still breathe. See THIS POST for pictures of my process.

I usually get a seedling by the 3rd of 4th day, and I never need to touch the seed or expose the roots. I have the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System scheduled to turn on the light to Seedling mode @ 40% (12 DLI) on the third day (Tuesday, 4/4). I have the camera focused on the dome to try to get them coming up, but so far it's all condensation :(

Come on you beauties, almost time to rise and shine!

Almost my exact method. I use rapid rooters, only spay a little misted water on them if they feel dry, I position the seeds the same way when planting them. I call it "hinge side down". I don't worry about plugging the hole, heat mat set to 75, tray with a dome until sprout, then remove dome. I will check a couple of times a day and mist if they seem dry. Getting about 100% success rate even them mostly white immature looking seeds.

I hear you on the noise. I ended up hanging my pump from a piece of clothesline tied to another piece tied between two posts. The double ropes seem to absorb the vibration without amplifying it like setting it down on a surface.
Thanks Az. I had that thing mounted to the back rack, which was mounted to the tent. Not a good idea, it was load and shook everything. Now I have it sitting on the res outside the tent. Maybe it still makes some noise, but it is SOOO much better than it was I can bearely hear it. I've thought about hanging it, and that sounds like a good idea. If it starts to bug me again...

I'm thankful for 420 Magazine's weekly email of popular topics or I might have missed this one!
I am excited for this one. I can almost smell the bud from 40+ years ago. I know you'll get the most out of it.
I'm thankful for it as well. I'm really looking forward to this one too.
That time to finish gives me pause. :hmmmm: :rolleyes:
Are you talking about the 65-75 days? I've seen 11 weeks and I'm taking that with a grain of salt. I'm expecting 12+ weeks, but I have nothing pushing so they can take all the time the need.
Almost my exact method. I use rapid rooters, only spay a little misted water on them if they feel dry
When I started growing, there was only 1 thing the 'zon would not ship to VA: Rapid rooters. I tried several times but they would not ship. I ended up getting these EZ-Gro plugs, which are like rapid rooters except dry. I love that they last forever as long as you keep them dry, and don't mind hydrating them at all.
, I position the seeds the same way when planting them. I call it "hinge side down".
I have not had a 'helmet head' since I started this and putting them a little deeper.
I don't worry about plugging the hole
I figure it will hide the roots from any light, but it's probably not needed.
, heat mat set to 75, tray with a dome until sprout, then remove dome
I usually open the dome vents on the day they sprout, then remove the dome on the second day. I know, I baby them too much ;)
. I will check a couple of times a day and mist if they seem dry. Getting about 100% success rate even them mostly white immature looking seeds.
The first time I did it this way, I had four seeds in the dome. When the first one sprouted, I took off the dome. One more sprouted the next day, and the other two stopped dead. It turned out they dried out too soon, as far as I can see the one thing you can't let happen. It's hard to get the plugs too wet, but you never want them to dry out!

I was getting 100% success for a while until I got only 4 of 5 on my Skunks. Oh well, I'm still very confident in the method. Let's just hope these Colombian Gold seeds don't make a fool out of me :)

Thank you friend. They’re a handful haha
I've seen that. I'm glad you flipped when you did, it looks like you have a handle on her.. for now.

I was getting 100% success for a while until I got only 4 of 5 on my Skunks. Oh well, I'm still very confident in the method. Let's just hope these Colombian Gold seeds don't make a fool out of me :)
I know. It's like you hate to even mention perfection for fear of jinxing it. :oops::cheesygrinsmiley:

More about @Herbies Seeds Colombian Gold fem photo
Herbies Seeds Columbian Gold.png

World of Seeds Columbian Gold.png

Colombian Gold is a feminized cannabis strain that’s part of World of Seeds’ coveted Pure Origin Collection – the result of the breeders traveling the world in search of some of the purest strains available. This 100% Sativa strain is incredibly pure, with strong psychedelic effects. It’s highly sought after for its medicinal potential and has plenty to offer recreational users as well. Since it’s fairly strong, this strain should probably be limited to weekend use (yea, right).

Pure Genetics Achieved Over Generations
This Sativa strain is the result of a combination of pure strains from the Santa Marta mountain range in Colombia that is home to the country’s highest peaks. Below 2,500m, where the soil is very fertile, can be found anything from typical Andean woods to dense tropical jungle.

Cannabis has been cultivated in this area for many generations and, by trying to improve the plant’s medicinal properties through continual interbreeding, the local inhabitants have achieved some of the most genetically pure strains in existence. Our breeder brought back many seeds from this region and we worked with them to produce this tall, vigorous, branchy strain with an intense, sweet fragrance that stands out above all for her taste and potent psychedelic effects.

Colombian Gold: A Mind-Bending, Pure High
This feminized cannabis variety is a 100% pure Sativa strain, which means the effects are felt almost entirely in the head. While its THC level of around 18% is only moderately high, it has very strong cerebral properties and has been bred to bring out its medicinal potential. For recreational users looking for a psychedelic experience, Colombian Gold is one of the best choices around.

A Standout For Sweet Flavors And Aromas
Colombian Gold is derived from plants grown in the incredibly fertile soils of the Santa Marta Mountains of Colombia. The result is that Colombian Gold boasts a very sweet and fruity aroma profile – one of its most distinguishing features. The taste is likewise very delicious, with a similarly strong combination of sweetness and fruitiness.

Colombian Gold: A Forgiving Grow That Requires Some Care
This feminized marijuana strain is, for the most part, a fairly easy strain to grow, although it does require a bit of care to protect it from pests. It’s a tall plant with plenty of branches, and produces decent yields indoors and great ones outside.

It has an average flowering time of 65-75 days.
Its yields average 400g/m2 (1.3 oz/ft2) indoors and 700g (24.7 oz) per plant outdoors.
This strain is highly resistant to mold.
It has a high irrigation tolerance as well.
However, it’s also highly odorous, so indoor grows will require good filtration.

Characteristics
Brand: World of Seeds
Type of seeds: Feminized
Type of seeds: Photoperiod
Suitable for growing: Indoor, Outdoor
Flavor: Sweet fruit
Effect: Irrepressible wave of fun
Genetics: 100% Sativa from Santa Marta (Colombia)
Harvest: 400 g/m² indoors
Indoor flowering time: 65 - 75 days
THC: 18 %

Thanks to @Herbies Seeds for sponsoring this grow. Herbies had me go to their US Express site[Herbies USA Express | Fast Shipping Marijuana Seeds USA Wide] and pick out my seeds. Two days later they were at my door!
20230209_131052.jpg

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow
Omg NY?!

Is that where you are?

Omg NY?!

Is that where you are?
Ha, the seeds were SENT from NY. I'm in Virginia, right near Lake Anna (LKA).

When I started growing, there was only 1 thing the 'zon would not ship to VA: Rapid rooters. I tried several times but they would not ship. I ended up getting these EZ-Gro plugs, which are like rapid rooters except dry. I love that they last forever as long as you keep them dry, and don't mind hydrating them at all.
That is strange, cause I know I have ordered them before, and I use the zon most of the time. :hmmmm:

Ha, the seeds were SENT from NY. I'm in Virginia, right near Lake Anna (LKA).
Is that west Virgnia? Mountain mumma. Take me home. Country roads…

Lollll

Oh Lake Anna!!!! Yeah nah never heard of it lolling. Omg is LKA a place?

That is strange, cause I know I have ordered them before, and I use the zon most of the time. :hmmmm:
It was strange. It kept asking me to correct my address. As soon as I took them out of the cart it let me continue. Like I said, it's probably for the best because I love the EZGro plugs.

I'm thankful for it as well. I'm really looking forward to this one too.

Are you talking about the 65-75 days? I've seen 11 weeks and I'm taking that with a grain of salt. I'm expecting 12+ weeks, but I have nothing pushing so they can take all the time the need.

I have not had a 'helmet head' since I started this and putting them a little deeper.

I figure it will hide the roots from any light, but it's probably not needed.

I usually open the dome vents on the day they sprout, then remove the dome on the second day. I know, I baby them too much ;)

The first time I did it this way, I had four seeds in the dome. When the first one sprouted, I took off the dome. One more sprouted the next day, and the other two stopped dead. It turned out they dried out too soon, as far as I can see the one thing you can't let happen. It's hard to get the plugs too wet, but you never want them to dry out!

For how much they cost you almost can’t afford not to have everyone pop. CL🍀

Is that west Virgnia? Mountain mumma. Take me home. Country roads…

Lollll

Oh Lake Anna!!!! Yeah nah never heard of it lolling. Omg is LKA a place?
We've had this conversation :) Virginia and West Virginia are two different states, I live in VA not WV.

And yes, LKA is the 'place code' for Lake Anna (as seen in my avatar). Lake Anna is a man-made lake built in the 70's to cool the North Anna Nuclear Power Station (true story). Now you know the REAL secret behind why my plants grow so quickly ;)

Back
Top Bottom