how much were those GDP seeds?! i must have! also thats a sick lookin 1k setup, im pretty jealous but my room is much too small for that yet... someday.

i think those GDP seeds come from the seedbank with a certain emotional disposition, lol...they were about $100 for 5 fem...bad news is they ran out VERY fast....

Thats not bad for connoisseaur seed. I would gladly pay it for GDP if I could.

astonr420 ~ Yes, it has been a long wait. Glad to know you're growing GDP too! Yours from a hermie plant? Hope it does not pass on the trait. I popped 2 seeds and save 3. Just to see if they have different pheno. And two mothers will keep up with the demands later. Yes, I will self the GDP for more seeds for the future, stocking up on the genetic. That means paid once and have the strain forever.

jjames ~ I pad 107.81 usd (with discount, and guarantee shipping). I'm setting the 1K setup this week can't wait! You'll have your dream space soon keep up the growing and don't give up. I started with CFL last year.

Siscokid ~ Thank you.

SauronBlue ~ Haha, thanks didn't even noticed it.

GodsTrichome ~ lol, "certain emotional disposition", nice. They sold like hot cakes. Got mine on the 3rd refill, the first release didn't even last 24hrs. How many growers are out there?!?!

1970s Grower ~ Not bad at all. Pay once and have the copy forever if you choose to with self-pollination for feminized seeds, creating exact copy of itself in seed form. One plant can provide up to few hundreds seeds. So the investment of the first 5 is very much worth it. Get your hands on this genetic if you can.

jjames ~ I pad 107.81 usd (with discount, and guarantee shipping). I'm setting the 1K setup this week can't wait! You'll have your dream space soon keep up the growing and don't give up. I started with CFL last year.

id pay it in a heartbeat...
im hopin to get into something better real real soon. i plan on growing for a long time, by far the best hobby ive started ever i think.
thats good to know, definatley have some legwork/learning to do tho, im in a good site to do so however...

astonr420 ~ Yes, it has been a long wait. Glad to know you're growing GDP too! Yours from a hermie plant? Hope it does not pass on the trait. I popped 2 seeds and save 3. Just to see if they have different pheno. And two mothers will keep up with the demands later. Yes, I will self the GDP for more seeds for the future, stocking up on the genetic. That means paid once and have the strain forever.

I honestly don't mind if I get a hermed plant, I would rather know that I am going to be getting fem seeds, not to mention recycle, don't have to buy anymore seeds, or worry about my supply of seeds.

:peacetwo:

Update: Gas Lantern Routine - Week 4 completion

To recap the Gas Lantern Routine; basically it uses 12/12 photoperiod with 1hr on between the dark cycle for vegetative growth.

Goes like this.

• 12 hrs on
  • 5.5 hrs off
  • 1hr on
  • 5.5 hrs off
  • repeat

Been running this light cycle for a month and the results are amazing. I would say this light cycle is superior to any other light cycle for vegetative growth.

For veg:
  • 12-1 (Gas Lantern Routine) - Superior
  • 15/9 - High
  • 16/8 - High
  • 18/6 - Middle
  • 24/0 - Low

Pro:
  • Saves electricity (11hrs of saving from 24/0, 5hrs of saving from 18/6)
  • Promote healthy plants. Any deficiency it has the plant will be able to bounce back with new growth after adjustment is made.
  • Promote plants growth, 2x more than 18/6, and 3-4x more from 24/0
  • Cuttings will root much faster with thicker roots and more hairs
  • Clones under bloom (12/12) will induce flowering much sooner
  • Less on hours = less heat = stealth

Con:
  • Must have good ventilation if the tent is closed or the tent has to be left open for the 1hr on between the dark cycle.
  • Must have good odor control. Healthy plants produce more aroma even in veg.
  • Plants in small container may get root bound due to rapid growth

Some tips using GLR (theory):
  • Have the light on a timer so the on/off is consistent daily. Manual on/off may induce flowering.
  • Use mix light or MH. Try not to use just HPS. The spectrum from HPS may induce flowering even with the 1 hour on between the dark cycle.
  • For the 1 hour on use a cheap light source like Fluorescent light or CFL instead of using HID light. Have it on a separate timer only turn on 1hr between the dark cycle and have the HID light set at 12/12. Normally with any other light cycle the ballast is turned on once in 24hrs, with GLR it turned on twice. This may shorten the lifespan of the ballast and bulb. If you decided to run Fluo/CFL then make sure the tent is well lid any shaded area or area left in the dark may induce flowering. The 1 hour on between dark cycle help destroy floral hormone, lack of light will not be able to destroy the hormone and will send your plants in bloom.

I'm very impressed by the results from GLR. I give this light cycle a passing grade:

A+

You're safe to run this light cycle if you want. I'm using this exclusively for all clones/seedling/and plants in vegetative growth.
I am getting great results. This works!:thanks::thanks::peace:

Ohhh, man.

All this talk of GDP, and one of the dispensaries near me has clones for sale.

Sooo tempted to go pick up a few and add it to the grow.

wow man that 1k setup is so um well :adore::adore::adore: unfortunately in my lil' closet it would fry my plants to crispy critters in about 20 minutes! lol :rofl: one day i will have a space big enough to have a holy grail item like that "oh yes she will be mine ! oh yes she WILL BE MINE!"( lil waynes world impersonation there) :adore: , so im planning on some breeding /replication as you know, would you mind doing a little recap/outline of your method of "selfing" a plant for seed, im collecting different methods so i can try more than 1 when i get to that point, much appreciated brother and more reps as soon as the system/forum will let me give em' to you again:adore::high-five::Namaste:

Made it to the end!! Only took about 3 hours but well worth it! Congrats on getting some GDP. They are all sold out now :-( I really like the time capsule and the clone leaf experiment you did :welldone::thumb: I just cloned for my second time and i cut the leafs down unlike last time so i am hopping they will root faster and more will survive. The next thing I'm gonna buy/build is an aero cloner like yours!

Your plants are goona love that 1000W! I can't wait to see them produce! What size tent are you putting it in? My first grow mine was just in a huge room but my plants where in a 5 by 5 area under it. This time, my second grow I have it in a 4 by 8 tent. I really hope all the reflectiveness helps improve my yield.

The camera tips will hopefully help me take some better pics:thanks:

Thanks so much for all of your hard work i have really learned a lot over these last few hours reading!!:thanks:
:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

me likey alot...... Also if u havent checked out the hygrozyme it is awesome for sure. i kinda like using sensizyme by advanced nutes but it is a def toss up between hygrozyme, sensizyme or nitrozyme. If u are growing purps i would def use the nitrozyme. I think of all the three that nitrozyme is def my favorite. When i was using advanced i def used the sensizyme, for kushes and diesels i would use hygrozime and for purps DEF nitrozyme. I just picked up some sensizyme yesterday actually for my kushes lol. :goodjob:

jjames ~ This is a very good site indeed. In time whatever you imagine your room to be you'll have it running. What strain are you looking to get next? Although I have tons of strain I like to try (and I will) for now I'm content with 20 different strain currently in my collection. I use the moto of a breeder, eliminate the rest keep the best, so the collection will shrink over time. After they have flower and smoke that's when I know to keep or let go. I'm picky with the ladies…

astonr420 ~ If it's for personal use I guess you can stick to hermie plants as you wish. Keep the hermie plant in a control environment so it does not pollinate the rest of your female plants. Feminize seed is great. I would rather go with the CS spray on pure female instead going for naturally grown hermie for feminize seeds. Induced hermie plant will create feminized seeds, natural hermie plant will create mostly more hermit.

Smoke2Js ~ Glad it works for you. Can't seem to keep count on how many are using the GLR, but the more are discovering the benefits first hand. GLR made growing just a little more fun.

fncg ~ Are you getting it or not don't tease yourself lol.

snowskate328 ~ The 1K is in 10x10 room no tent for this room I get to use the whole space, and 6x6 for plants the rest for walking/working space. Thank you. Glad you found some useful info in my long journal I mean journey thus far.

bigirishdoode ~ Fired up the 1K watts last night and it is amazingly beautiful coming from the big reflector. I see fields of baseball bats in the near future. Yeah, it would fry all plants in the closet for sure. The closet I have a 400w going with a big fan and it still get somewhat warm. Someday when you get your space definitely try the 1K, you'll love it.

I have not started creating any feminized seeds yet. Thinking of doing it in a month on my Super Lemon Haze and Pineapple Express and its offsprings just so I don't have to keep ordering and I like the pheno I got. Your guide on CS for fem seeds is very good I will have to read yours and Granny420 to get a better idea on how to do it. Right now I'm working on regular seeds, male to female pollination.

djkurisu1 ~ I have not use hygrozyme for a few grows now. Stopped using it for awhile and now decided to keep the premix simple. I only use BPN 3-parts and the bloom booster other than that nothing else. Still get great plants. If I were to use any zyme product I would go with pond-zyme. Look up "Affordable and Economical: Enzyme Products" you'll see a comparison use of pond-zyme.

Quote "But where enzyme products have there advantages, they have there disadvantages like price. Most ranging from 30-40$ a liter, and dilution rates are even worse, some not even lasting 200gallons of use. So you end up dishing out 40$ almost 3-5 times a year, plus all the other stuff like electric bills and water costs growing just isnt cheap anymore.

Most hydro company's would like you to believe they created something new and amazing when they sell you there enzyme products. But the honest truth is some just repackaged high concentrated enzymes. Most of these high concentrated enzyme products are already on the market for the home user on the cheap (10$ liter), marketed as Pond or Fountain enzyme based cleaners. these pond cleaners have a much more desirable dilution rate some ranging from a bottle lasting 5000gals to as much as 100,000gals."

The 1K is in 10x10 room no tent for this room I get to use the whole space, and 6x6 for plants the rest for walking/working space.

~ Fired up the 1K watts last night and it is amazingly beautiful coming from the big reflector. I see fields of baseball bats in the near future.

Pics of the whole setup? :thanks:

a guy i know was talking about some sour diesel x OG clones, and also heard theres some white widow clones around... i want to try some from seed tho sometime soon, prob not until i get to a bigger space so i can have a veg room setup, or at least a cple tents...

you said youre usin only BPN 3 part + the liquid bloom? im usin the same but i add a calmag supp that i mixed up(corey sent some powder) as i use RO water, is there anything you do to up the ph during mid-week? or just use ph up? my girls' ph have been downdown by tues night. i read this is good and that it means they are feeding; this happens during flower, theyre removing potassium an ph goes down. i have been adding 1gal RO water to each res(usually by wed). is there anything youve had luck with before as far as a bloom supp? i was thinkin maybe id just leave the RO water a little high ph when i add tonite instead of fightin with ph up, i flush again sat anyhow...

!!! sorry to hijack your thread with my grow questions !!! im just kinda worried and youre feed situation is similar to mine + you have great exp and id trust your input... thanks man

fncg ~ I'll have it up in few days. Still need to put in the clones been running around getting supplies. 82% complete still need to install few more things and it's official.

jjames ~ Sour diesel x OG = Headband? Definitely get it. Once I eliminate more of the strains from my collection I'll include this one, it's been on my list for a while. You'll definitely enjoy it.

No problem in asking question on here. I welcome it.

To be honest, I don't pH my premix anymore, been doing that and it just takes up too much time. The pH after premix is always around the same range 5.8-5.9 so no need for it really to mess with it. Keeping most of the aspect of the grow simple so I have more time to keep everything else flowing. RO water will require some calmag sup, I use regular tap (after sat for 12-24hrs) and getting good results. As far as bloom sup I've used Fox Farm trio and they were a bit harsh on the plant that's because I have not learn to tame it, and also very pricey. So far getting good results from liquid blue (bloom booster) from BPN will see how the final product is in 3-4 weeks.

I think this is the longest lapse without a post on your journal! I guess everyone is too busy buying gifts to be online? I was thinking that maybe I'm missing some cal/mag, but I only took into account the perlite not having trace minerals, I never took into account the water. Do you think this could be why the growth on my #2 plant was so underdeveloped? It grew tons of shoots tight to the stem, but they never stretched away from the plant. You're so friggin' precise - The only person that would say he's 82% complete on prep. not 80 or 85. Surprised there was not decimal place, or wer you just rounding off to be kind lol=?

For your plant #2 could be stressed during early days, placement under the light, and could be calmag. A few of the clones I have grew very small, flower small, just part of its journey never made it big like the rest of the clones. Some clones is really huge. Try adding some calmag but too much can hurt them. Yes, 18% more and the new room is complete. How I came up with the number? Not sure myself. Just need to place in some mylar and clones It's go time.

Back
Top Bottom