Urdedpal's Journal

Thank you. You people rock, I love you guys.
Now back to the journal update. The clones are looking great. There about six inches tall. Problem is this. I want this journal to end before the new year and I want to start the new seed crop as soon as the I put these clones to flower. I am thinking about putting them into flower this week so one half of the grow will now be a sog grow. But this also means I am going to have to spread the lights and the other plants a lil on the tall and wide side. This will effect bud size when I spread the lights. Might have to add a 400w hid or 600w hps with a cheap bulb. With the 400 I could go mh with a agrosun or hps with a hortilex. Could use a few opinians. I feel like I am rushing things but renovations stopped bud production for almost 2 months.
This pic was taken on the 27th.

DSC00020_edited-11.jpg

All these pics were taken on the 27th. This is the chronic plant. She is still the smallest of the 5. She also has the smallest buds but she's a slow paced grower that really fattens late. Might not fill out as much as I like if I do flower the clones and spread the lights.
chron.jpg

Here is the Double Fun. She's a fat bitch. A lil too close to the lights but I am gonna deal with it.

df.jpg

df1.jpg

df21.jpg

df31.jpg

Here's the Lucky Queens. They are pretty. I seem to have forgot to take a pic of the White skunk. Will do that another night.

lq1.jpg

lq2.jpg

lq3.jpg

DSC00006_edited-2.jpg

Group shot.

DSC00012_edited-12.jpg

I'm loving the Lucky Queen, she is huge!

I'm so jealous of your growroom bro. I got a few questions though...

1. Whats the size of the whole room your growing in?

2. Whats the size of the the space your are using for actual growspace in that room?

3. I see visqueen hangin so did you make a room inside of a room?

4. How much did it cost ya roughly to get that room the way it is now?

5. How many lights are in your flowering room again?

I sectioned off a portion of my basement. The flower room is 10 ft by 9 ft. The plants are taking up space of around 6 ft by 4 ft. The veg and clone room is 6 foot by ten ft. Grow space is set up 2 ft by 8 ft. The rest is used for storage, and trimming. There is a closet for drying. You have to go through the veg room to get to the flower room. I have ample room to move in. The room is heavily insulated with even a unsulated ceiling and floor. And the room has a vapor barrier all around it so it still does not smell the house up. I used carbon filtration and ionizers so smell is never a issue. Ionizers are set up in every portion of the house the room touches including upstairs. Temps rarely go past 84 on the hottest of days. I think it was a few grand. The circuits were upgraded also.
What is visqueen?
2 1000w hps with hortilux bulbs. I have 2 more 400s and 1 600 hps that are extras. Can't use them all, my electric is high enough.

I used black and white poly panda for the vapor barrier. Its 8 ml thick compare to ordinary barriers which are between 2 to 6ml. Its completely light proof and 95% reflective on the white side. So it does two things instead of one. Smell control to a certain degree and reflective alternative to mylar which tears and stains easily.

I have decided to flower the clones this weekend. This will put them 30 days apart from the 5 I already have in flower.
They look healthy.

DSC00001_edited-13.jpg

Since I am flowering them in about 5 days, this is a good time to trim them up. So I did.

DSC00002_edited-14.jpg

Here is a better view of a trimmed up clone.

DSC00003_edited-13.jpg

I notice that many people here decide not to prune their plants. Why? You guys like trimming for little gain? Not me, I prefer the easy trims with the large colas. not popcorn buds. Besides, what is cut from the bottom is normally made up on the top. Let me explain in a short simple way without talking about hormone triggers and all the other techy bullshit. When you trim a plant, you are removing portions of the canopy but the root system has already developed to support the previous canopy. So now your root system is larger than the canopy. This forces the canopy to grow faster, the root zone continues to grow at its normal pace but the canopy will try to catch up to the roots. There is actually a lil more to it but do ya really need to know all about different hormones and how they react and combine? Not really, the shit hurts my head and I still find it confusing. What you do need to know is that if a plant is healthy and given time to heal, what is removed from the bottom is normally gained on top. (Popcorn buds are light,airy and give poor bag appeal)

Thanks for that info Urdedpal.

Is there a certain time period that this should be done at? You said those clones will be going into flower in 5 days, so doing this a week before sounds good right? Will this time period give them enough time to get back on their toes?

3 to 5 days is preferred. But you can also do during the first week of flower. You want to trim while the plant is in the veg state, less stress and fast recovery that way.

If anybody is paying any attention to the clones, they just past the 8 inch mark. This is great cause I pruned about 50% of the leaves and lateral branches off and instead of the stress slowing it down, it caused a faster growth rate towards the top of the plants.
I am going to have to show a pic at another time though, I had a really shitty day or should I say after the day. My car broke down which super sucks dick, and I had to wait 2 hours onthe side of the highway (during rush hour pain in my ass) for the tow truck.

Don't worry UDP we all have those kind of days. I rented a shitty Ford Focus once and got a flat tire on it. Then I sucessfully somehow managed to lock the keys in the car. Oh what fun! :laughtwo:

Don't think I'm not paying attention :laughtwo: I'm soaking up all this cloning info real nice. Good stuff, thanks!

I feel your pain on the tow truck/break down issue, happened to me a couple months ago except I got a flat and the spare I had in my trunk well... It just so happens it didn't even fit the damn car, imagine that! Seems like life throws more curve balls at ya than a major league pitcher.

Back
Top Bottom