V4L's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow: Cherry Pie Fems, LOS, 2023

I watch build a soil on youtube when I'm supposed to be working. Haha. Good info all around. Coots method is legendary.
Thanks for sharing.
Yeah I've been known for wearing a earbud while working and listening as well... 420Mag should start a youtube channel and have members help make content.

:passitleft:

A picture from last night after a quick tuck and defoliation. More defoliating to come…

IMG_3594.jpeg

Ok it is official, I flipped lights to 12/12 yesterday afternoon, they started there second 12 hour light cycle around 3-1/2 hours ago. I”ll post a pic from tonight below. I have some organic blue corn in the sprouting jar, I should be making some blue corn SST on Monday.

IMG_3606.jpeg

Ok it is official, I flipped lights to 12/12 yesterday afternoon, they started there second 12 hour light cycle around 3-1/2 hours ago. I”ll post a pic from tonight below. I have some organic blue corn in the sprouting jar, I should be making some blue corn SST on Monday.

IMG_3606.jpeg
Looking good mate 👍

IMG_3606.jpeg
That canopy is beyond gorgeous.

Everything looks great, V4L! How old are your girls now?

Everything looks great, V4L! How old are your girls now?
Thank you, I dropped the seeds in water on my birthday! September 22, so they are almost 2 months old. The first one to sprout out of the soil was on Sept 26th.

IMG_3606.jpeg
It’s gorgeous. How much vertical space you got?

It’s gorgeous. How much vertical space you got?
Good Morning @Jon , Thank you! Lights are off at the moment, but I am guessing that I can raise the lights around 20" - 24" max. I did a little more tucking last night.

Good Morning fellow Growmies! Last night I pureed my Blue corn sprouts and added a heaping tablespoon of Malted barley flour to the puree. I added the puree to 4 gallons of RO water and added BAS BuildAbloom 1 teaspoon per gallon, Agsil 16H 1/4 teaspoon per gallon, Big 6 Micronutrients 1/4 teaspoon per gallon, Aloe powder extract 1/4 Teaspoon per gallon, SNS-209 1/2 tablespoon per gallon. I gave each pot approximately 1 gallon. Last week I noticed a few fungus gnats showing up to the party, so I soaked four tablespoons of Mosquito bits in 1 gallon of water, let soak and applied to top of soil using my sprayer on two different days. I will be doing that again this week. I also did a top dress on Sunday using the following ingredients for each pot: 2 cups worm castings, 1 cup BAS Craft blend, 1/4 cup kelp meal, 1/4 cup alfalfa meal, 1/8 cup Mustard seed powder, 1/2 cup insect frass. I saw a slug trail last night on one of my pots... AArgh... I have been having issues with slugs outside in my worm bin, I've been doing my best to keep them out of the grow room... So last night I put a few saucers of beer out below the canopy, slugs are supposed to be attracted to beer, they go drink it and drowned in it. We will see if this works... I am still doing a bit of tucking trying to keep the canopy low, I probably have 20" - 24" of space to raise my lights. Hopefully the anticipated stretch will not be too much...

Good Morning @Jon , Thank you! Lights are off at the moment, but I am guessing that I can raise the lights around 20" - 24" max. I did a little more tucking last night.
Oh, thanks @Vegan4life - sounds like any ultra stretch is not a concern. I personally find that scrogs tend to stretch a lot less than lesser trained plants. Seems the more colas you have, the less stretch you get, or at least that’s been my observation…

Just a quick pick from tonight. Hope everyone is doing great!

IMG_3631.jpeg

Good Morning fellow Growmies! Last night I pureed my Blue corn sprouts and added a heaping tablespoon of Malted barley flour to the puree. I added the puree to 4 gallons of RO water and added BAS BuildAbloom 1 teaspoon per gallon, Agsil 16H 1/4 teaspoon per gallon, Big 6 Micronutrients 1/4 teaspoon per gallon, Aloe powder extract 1/4 Teaspoon per gallon, SNS-209 1/2 tablespoon per gallon. I gave each pot approximately 1 gallon. Last week I noticed a few fungus gnats showing up to the party, so I soaked four tablespoons of Mosquito bits in 1 gallon of water, let soak and applied to top of soil using my sprayer on two different days. I will be doing that again this week. I also did a top dress on Sunday using the following ingredients for each pot: 2 cups worm castings, 1 cup BAS Craft blend, 1/4 cup kelp meal, 1/4 cup alfalfa meal, 1/8 cup Mustard seed powder, 1/2 cup insect frass. I saw a slug trail last night on one of my pots... AArgh... I have been having issues with slugs outside in my worm bin, I've been doing my best to keep them out of the grow room... So last night I put a few saucers of beer out below the canopy, slugs are supposed to be attracted to beer, they go drink it and drowned in it. We will see if this works... I am still doing a bit of tucking trying to keep the canopy low, I probably have 20" - 24" of space to raise my lights. Hopefully the anticipated stretch will not be too much...

Hey V4L I know about everything you’re using except the mustard seed powder. What’s its benefits? Plants 🌱 are rocking btw. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Just a quick pick from tonight. Hope everyone is doing great!

IMG_3631.jpeg
Morning @Vegan4life - Interesting to see it with and without background. I prefer this. This is amazing. Do you defoliate at all? It looks as if you haven’t taken a single leaf from above the screen.

Hey V4L I know about everything you’re using except the mustard seed powder. What’s its benefits? Plants 🌱 are rocking btw. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
Good morning @CaptainLucky ! Here is a quote from BuildaSoil website on Mustard seed meal:

"Applications of Mustard Seed Meal selects for specific bacterial and fungal communities in the soil. These specific communities work to improve nutrient availability for the crop, reduce plant stress, increase plant vigor, and improve yields. Scientists nation-wide have reported a consistent promotion of soil fungal and bacterial communities containing Trichoderma spp., Streptomyces spp., Pseudomonas spp., Anthrobotrys spp., Plectosphaerella cucumerina, Dactylella oviparasitica, Paecilomyces lilacinus and many more. Each of these beneficial microbes play a crucial role in the complex interaction occurring between soil and roots creating a long-lasting symbiotic relationship that aids in the enhanced production and protection of crops."

"Check out the activity after adding to our in store worm bin! All the gnats are gone now too"

1700933291550.png

I also notice this fungal activity after top dressing my plants, although not as extreme as they are showing in pic above. I also notice that I now have no signs of fungus gnats now after using as a top dress. I did also use the BT (Mosquito bits). Jeremy at Build a Soil calls mustard seed meal a "Bio Fumigator".

Happy Growing!

Morning @Vegan4life - Interesting to see it with and without background. I prefer this. This is amazing. Do you defoliate at all? It looks as if you haven’t taken a single leaf from above the screen.
Good Morning @Jon , Yes I have been defoliating, mostly large fan leaves below, but I have been defoliating the top also to expose future bud sites. I like to leave lots of leaves for solar panels to soak up as much energy as possible. more defol to come over the next week...

Good Morning @Jon , Yes I have been defoliating, mostly large fan leaves below, but I have been defoliating the top also to expose future bud sites. I like to leave lots of leaves for solar panels to soak up as much energy as possible. more defol to come over the next week...
It’s an impressive scrog. I’m on the same track with defoliation now. What you described is all I take. Anything else makes me feel guilty anymore. I don’t even want to take a leaf or two for a Brix reading on the Skywalker even though I’m dying to know. So you use that measurement? Brix?

Back
Top Bottom