VG's First Legal Grow: Growing The Za-Za Under The ViparSpectra KS3000 LED

Speed run...

Gotta get back to work but wanted to update quick.

Day # 52 since sprout and day # 7 since flip

Put the Za-Za Og on a milk crate and now she is 2" taller than the Hindsight.

Will check for light stress this evening. Hopefully she will be fine with the sudden increase.

Still on 4 gr/gal of MC with no other additions.

Hope y'all are doing well.

Gotta jet,later gators!

No surprises here- they're looking wonderful!
Gotta get back to work but wanted to update quick.
Yeah, that work ain't gonna do itself...
but don't work too hard, VG..😓

don't work too hard, VG..😓
Oh,darlin',we're way past that. My back is toast already and I have another week of this.

Tylenol and some cannabis. Taking a quick medication break.

I need to remember to get my water ready for tomorrow. All of my plants are due for a feeding.

If I don't remember I'll be
screwbie-doobie-dooed.
I like my water to gas off and come to room temp. I have way better results.

Been meaning to ask you - How long do you need to leave water out?
I leave mine out for 24 hrs.
When it comes out of the tap it's 8.5 and after sitting it's 7.5.

Lol
I've been meaning to ask you something too.
You have living soil. Do you let your water sit out or dechlorinate it before use?
I know just a small amount of vitamin C will dechlorinate a five gallon pail.

I don't worry about that because I use synthetic inputs. I don't have a herd to feed

I leave it out, but lately I’ve been wondering if I leave it out long enough. I try for overnight, but I think the instructions said to leave it out for at least 8 hours.
I have left mine out overnight and the pH never changed more than .1, didn’t even realize this was a thing- I guess it depends on the water where you're at. Mine is super hard almost 8 out of the tap but the chlorine is really low.
I used to start with distilled (7.0) for seedlings cause I was so worried they’d burn up with my tap water or whatever but they are resilient little ladies.

I leave it out, but lately I’ve been wondering if I leave it out long enough. I try for overnight, but I think the instructions said to leave it out for at least 8 hours.
Most times I just fill my jugs or pails right after I use them. This allows the water to sit for two to three days.

I do forget some days.
This is good info! I’m going to start this as well as my water is the same ph as yours.
Yeah.

Let me know if yours goes down too, if you would.

You only live a little more than an hour away from me. We're practically neighbors.
I have left mine out overnight and the pH never changed more than .1, didn’t even realize this was a thing- I guess it depends on the water where you're at. Mine is super hard almost 8 out of the tap but the chlorine is really low.
I used to start with distilled (7.0) for seedlings cause I was so worried they’d burn up with my tap water or whatever but they are resilient little ladies.
It can depend upon a few things. Municipal or well water, bedrock type of aquifers, Gh and kh of water etc.

Mine is municipal from a limestone aquifer. It has a bunch of dissolved carbon that off gasses and drops pH.
It's pretty stable after that due to the calcium output from the limestone.

Well water can have a bunch of sulfur that can screw up pH. Best to have the well tested.
Municipal can be looked up online.

Blah,blah,blah...

I'm in organics and I feed my plants with tap water. I do the same, fill after use and leave to stand for a couple of days although overnight is said to be enough. The vit C is effective in clearing chloramine I believe, which does not gas out of the water. However not all processed water has chloramine in it. Mine does not.

I'm in organics and I feed my plants with tap water. I do the same, fill after use and leave to stand for a couple of days although overnight is said to be enough. The vit C is effective in clearing chloramine I believe, which does not gas out of the water. However not all processed water has chloramine in it. Mine does not.
I should have been more specific. I used the term dechlorinate for referring to both chlorine and chloramine. Most municipal water is treated with both in the USA as far as I know.

But yes, the chlorine will off gas and the chloramine has to be treated.

I should have been more specific. I used the term dechlorinate for referring to both chlorine and chloramine. Most municipal water is treated with both in the USA as far as I know.

But yes, the chlorine will off gas and the chloramine has to be treated.
Ours is small town (under 700 people) well water and they do yearly testing for us. Arsenic, calcium, iron super high but surprisingly low amount of chlorine etc.
I have seen some folks let their water sit with a bubbler in it overnight which makes sense it would eliminate a few things….Hey if it works for you, no need to change cause dialing in water pH is a pain in the ass and I’d prefer to just leave it once I found a balance

Let me know if yours goes down too, if you would.

You only live a little more than an hour away from me. We're practically neighbors.
I need to grab a ph meter but I can also use the aquarium testing kit to read ph but it’s not that accurate. I will do some Amazon shopping for a cheap meter.

I need to grab a ph meter but I can also use the aquarium testing kit to read ph but it’s not that accurate. I will do some Amazon shopping for a cheap meter.
If you have the API test kit with the high end pH drops, you should be good to test water..
If you are in a soil or soiless mix with buffers, you may not need a pH meter.
Your nutes will bring down the pH of your water and the soil buffers should get it into the correct range.

If you have the API test kit with the high end pH drops, you should be good to test water..
If you are in a soil or soiless mix with buffers, you may not need a pH meter.
Your nutes will bring down the pH of your water and the soil buffers should get it into the correct range.
I just ordered the a VivoSun ph meter and solid moister meter :)

I will report back my findings next week when we get back.

Back
Top Bottom