Winging It In Winter By The Window: Soil Auto Grow

Saturday 13 Aug UPDATE

HARVESTED AUTOS

Caramel King

Smoke report coming soon.

Lavender Best

I snipped my buds off their stems to finish drying. They were not quite there, with stems not quite dry snapping. I don't have hygrometers, so I usually bottle when the stems snap. This time I am trying to speed up the dry a bit as it has gone more than a week of hanging. I usually hang for a week then burp for 2. I got 104 g / 3.67 oz of dry bud off that auto. The buds are airy but denser than the Caramel King. They are spread out on newspaper atm and will be jarred this evening and the jars will remain open overnight. This may affect the weight a bit but I’m not going to be pedantic about that for my purposes. I know how long supply will last me.

DSC_9364-Edit.jpg

PHOTOPERIOD PLANT

The two photoperiod plants are taking their time to flower. I worry and have sleepless nights that I won't get them far enough come mid-October. They are still showing pre-flower but no stacking yet. They don’t seem to be stretching much… I literally have two months to finish this. I flipped 14 days ago.

Bruce Banner # 2 68 Days AG, Flip 14 days
I’ve replaced hooks with longer sticks and spread some stems around to give the canopy more air.

DSC_9376-Edit.jpg
DSC_9384-Edit.jpg
DSC_9371-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake 68 Days AG, Flip 14 days
I’ve super-cropped three more stems that were outstretching the others.

DSC_9381-Edit.jpg
DSC_9382-Edit.jpg
DSC_9368-Edit.jpg

The sun is shining, it's snowing in the mountains and it's gonna get cold. We've been sitting between 14 and 6 degrees C for a couple of weeks as it is. I hope you have a glorious weekend. Thanks for looking in.

Congrats on the haul! 3.7 ounces is not too shabby. :)

I'd say those are flowering, but because they're not getting 12 hours of total darkness the process will be slower than if they had actually been flipped.
Thank you Shed, I'm happy with the harvest and I wish I had rather grown two more autos but I didn't and now I'm in this and potentially in a bit of trouble.

I love my plants and I have a horrible feeling that they are going to be far from ready come mid-October. I am already thinking that I might have to give them away if they are too far off. They aren’t stretching much and they are taking so long to push out pistils. This has been a risky grow but I have learnt a lot in terms of training. I haven't given up hope yet!!!

I'm pleased that I know more about how autos behave because in my circumstances, at least for a while, autos are going to be my way forward. Being confined to quarters to give the plants the darkness they need is not sustainable in the long run. I can push it for two months but not again.

Your 📸 work!

Next level.
Thank you, it's a mutual admiration then because I think that of yours :)

Congrats on the nice 3.7 oz. harvest!:welldone:
I can push it for two months but not again.
Props to you for sticking with it for now, Carmen!
I hope your ladies are done enough by mid October- you deserve some good weed for all the work you've put into them!
Fingers crossed !🤞

Congrats on the nice 3.7 oz. harvest!:welldone:

Props to you for sticking with it for now, Carmen!
I hope your ladies are done enough by mid October- you deserve some good weed for all the work you've put into them!
Fingers crossed !🤞
Thank you Carcass! I spoke at length to a local growmie and it's cutting it fine and gambling with the light but he assures me he finished his spring grows outdoors in early Nov. So I am going to hang in for as long as I can and cross fingers that the dark cycle is dark enough and long enough. It is 14 hours of darkness and 10 of light atm, and by Oct daylight hours will have extended but I will keep the LED to 14/10 (is it written like that?). I hope it works.

The light cycle relationship is usually written the other way around (light:dark), so your's would more commonly be written 10:14.

I don't think it matters all that much if you spell it out like you have, but if you use the shorthand without specifying you'll confuse people.

Sending you 'good luck' vibes for your timing! :goodluck:

I do. I wrote it the other way and someone told me I had it back to front.... oh boy... the good thing is yes 14 hours of darkness and 10 of LED :) Thanks for the luck, I am going to need it! It appears that the stretch has begun. I keep forgetting to ask... does super-cropping slow flower development? Perhaps that is a factor?

Love this canopy pic!!

Congrats on the Lavender Best harvest. I would be so happy if my autos would give me 104 g. I don't think my last four Gorilla Cookies autos even gave me that much combined :laugh: (there's a reason they don't get their own journal). I can't wait to read your smoke report on her. If I had cast my vote in the beginning it would have been for the LB.

Carmen Ray said:
cross fingers that the dark cycle is dark enough and long enough
Crossing fingers and toes and joints :joint::joint: for you Carmen :love:

I don't believe that supercropping will slow pistil development, though it will slow down vegetative growth.

Some folks fins the supercropping in flower makes for bigger buds due to the expanded nutrient pathways in the healed knuckle.
Interesting ..... so I wonder if you bent all flowering branches at the start of flower if it would do just that....increase bud size :hmmmm:

I've only had to "supercrop" for height reasons or risk frying upper cola touching light.

I don't believe that supercropping will slow pistil development, though it will slow down vegetative growth.

Some folks fins the supercropping in flower makes for bigger buds due to the expanded nutrient pathways in the healed knuckle.

Interesting ..... so I wonder if you bent all flowering branches at the start of flower if it would do just that....increase bud size :hmmmm:

I've only had to "supercrop" for height reasons or risk frying upper cola touching light.
This is interesting indeed and I will see when I harvest, whether the buds on the bent branches are any bigger than the others. I had to bend another one today because some of the branches are way outstretching the others and the canopies look a bit uneven atm.
Congrats on the Lavender Best harvest. I would be so happy if my autos would give me 104 g. I don't think my last four Gorilla Cookies autos even gave me that much combined :laugh: (there's a reason they don't get their own journal). I can't wait to read your smoke report on her. If I had cast my vote in the beginning it would have been for the LB.
Thank you. I was impressed with the amount of bud on that plant too :) I am going auto next time. I'm honestly not set up for photos and it is a royal pita to have to leave the living room at sundown and be confined to quarters so that my dagga can have uninterrupted darkness :laugh:
Crossing fingers and toes and joints :joint::joint: for you Carmen :love:
Thanks Adora, here's hoping :)

Tuesday 16 Aug UPDATE

PHOTOPERIOD PLANTS

Both plants are stretching a bit and in flower.

Bruce Banner 2 71 Days AG, Flip 17 days
14th Aug 2 L calmag, mycco, epic, 401 microbes to slight run off
DSC_9447-Edit.jpg
DSC_9443-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake 71 Days AG, Flip 17 days
14th Aug 2 L calmag, mycco, epic, 401 microbes to slight run off.
DSC_9430-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_9436-Edit.jpg

Have a great week and thank you for your interest in my grow.

Tuesday 16 Aug UPDATE

PHOTOPERIOD PLANTS

DSC_9447-Edit.jpg
DSC_9443-Edit.jpg

DSC_9430-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_9436-Edit.jpg

Hey carmen, how goes? Been cold hey. You photoperiod is really looking good there. Sorry been mia lately. Really gld to see your plants are still going

Tuesday 16 Aug UPDATE

PHOTOPERIOD PLANTS

DSC_9447-Edit.jpg
DSC_9443-Edit.jpg

DSC_9430-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_9436-Edit.jpg

All prim and proper.....looking great.

Have a wonderful day carmen

Hey carmen, how goes? Been cold hey. You photoperiod is really looking good there. Sorry been mia lately. Really gld to see your plants are still going
Hey Skottelgoed, yes I did miss your presence :) Thanks am glad my plants are finally flowering and now to just get them to the finish line. Sorry you've had some issues with the Hindu but great that your Cheese is going strong. Nice that you've got a local grow store now!
All prim and proper.....looking great.

Have a wonderful day carmen
Thanks Hap! It's the next day now but it's good... cold and raining but good. Hope yours is awesome too :)
Love the pistils, and the overhead shots SaugaViews® look great!
Thanks Shed! :) I wish I knew how to make the registered sign to go next to things like SaugaViews or Carhooks! Can you teach me?

Thanks Shed! :) I wish I knew how to make the registered sign to go next to things like SaugaViews or Carhooks! Can you teach me?
Hold down the Alt key and press 0174.

Back
Top Bottom