Winging It In Winter By The Window: Soil Auto Grow

Congrats on the harvest Carmen! Those flowers look fat from the bottom up, and if the scissor hash has you abuzz it bodes well for the flowers. :)

In terms of the light, I'd say the plants are already too big for it. In a tent with all the reflective surfaces you could probably get away with it, but in an open area you have a lot of drop-off outside the frame.

That said, I would do what HapHaz mentioned and get them as close together as possible under it. They need the most amount of light in flower they can get to produce for you.

Better still would be outside in the ☀️ !

I grew a couple last summer, and I kinda half-assed a 12/12 from seed with a cross of BB and an unknown male over the winter.
If she's closer to the centre of the light I don't think the loss of some of the light from the window would bother her much. It's what I would do.
Oh, I must have a look. Did you journal it, Mel?
If you're up to it, you can just switch their positions daily in order to compensate for any disadvantage one spot has over the other spot, light-wise.

Congrats on the harvest, Carmen. She's pretty! :)
I thought of that as a possibility. I can try that. It might strengthen my core at the same time (lost it during lockdown) ... bonus! :)
Congrats on the LB harvest, Carmen! Looking forward to the smoke report.

I was going to say the same thing GDB said. You should probably be moving your plants already in order for all sides of the plants to get the best light.
Thank you HG. If I remember correctly, you voted for the LB back in the beginning. I look forward to giving the smoke report in a few weeks. I might do an interim one from some bud that I accidentally snipped when trimming. Soon soon :)
Congrats on the harvest Carmen! Those flowers look fat from the bottom up, and if the scissor hash has you abuzz it bodes well for the flowers. :)

In terms of the light, I'd say the plants are already too big for it. In a tent with all the reflective surfaces you could probably get away with it, but in an open area you have a lot of drop-off outside the frame.

That said, I would do what HapHaz mentioned and get them as close together as possible under it. They need the most amount of light in flower they can get to produce for you.

Better still would be outside in the ☀️ !
The sun comes with two problems, street lights and people lol... people = potential busy bodies and thieves. If I run out of space I will have two options... early chop or find a new home fast. I'm hoping to manage, but it does keep me awake at night worrying somewhat :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh, I must have a look. Did you journal it, Mel?

I thought of that as a possibility. I can try that. It might strengthen my core at the same time (lost it during lockdown) ... bonus! :)

Thank you HG. If I remember correctly, you voted for the LB back in the beginning. I look forward to giving the smoke report in a few weeks. I might do an interim one from some bud that I accidentally snipped when trimming. Soon soon :)

The sun comes with two problems, street lights and people lol... people = potential busy bodies and thieves. If I run out of space I will have two options... early chop or find a new home fast. I'm hoping to manage, but it does keep me awake at night worrying somewhat :cheesygrinsmiley:

Now for Episode 2 of Strain Hunters in South Africa (this is a new production btw)
The 12/12 from seed was in my winter journal, but I really didn't do the plants justice there.
The Bruce Banner summer grow was before I joined here, and I didn't take pics then. I didn't really have any reason to.

Saturday 6 Aug UPDATE

Bruce Banner 2
61 Days AG, Flip 7 days
1st Aug: 2 L water with mycco, calmag, 401, epic
4th Aug: 2 L water
31 cm / 12 inches at tallest point.
I would describe this as a compact and stocky plant. I wonder how tall to expect her to grow. She is starting to show preflower. How long does it usually take from flip for flower to appear?

DSC_9255-Edit.jpg
DSC_9268-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake 61 Days AG, Flip 7 days
1st Aug: 2 L water with mycco, calmag, 401, epic
4th Aug: 2 L water
39 cm / 15 inches at tallest point
I would describe this plant as lanky and I had to attempt a supercrop of one of the branches. She also shows some preflower.

DSC_9257-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_9259-Edit.jpg
DSC_9260-Edit.jpg

And here is one of them together under the light. They are getting an average of approximately 43k lux. This light is about 20 cm / 8 inches from the canopy.

DSC_9248-Edit.jpg

Hope you all are having your best weekend. Thank you for following and informing my grow.

I would describe this as a compact and stocky plant. I wonder how tall to expect her to grow. She is starting to show preflower. How long does it usually take from flip for flower to appear?

Any plans to thin it out a bit? I'm sending a plant into flower next week and it was way too dense so I thinned it so there was more space between the nodes that will become buds. Kind of like thinning an apple or peach tree, you get fewer fruits, but each one is larger.

I usually see pistils by 7-10 days after flip. They start slow and then all of a sudden you'll see them everywhere!

I look forward to giving the smoke report in a few weeks. I might do an interim one from some bud that I accidentally snipped when trimming. Soon soon :)
It's such a huge coincidence how many folks here have that same "accident." :laughtwo:

Any plans to thin it out a bit? I'm sending a plant into flower next week and it was way too dense so I thinned it so there was more space between the nodes that will become buds. Kind of like thinning an apple or peach tree, you get fewer fruits, but each one is larger.

I usually see pistils by 7-10 days after flip. They start slow and then all of a sudden you'll see them everywhere!
I am snipping daily. I am not sure yet what is going to reach the canopy and what needs to get chopped, so "gingerly" is how I am doing it :) Lack of experience... I might need to consult at some point! lol
I am seeing the odd pistil but that's just preflower, so it should be soon yeah. Thanks Azi.

@Grand Daddy Black, so I'm not the only clumsy one then ✂️:laugh:

I am not sure yet what is going to reach the canopy and what needs to get chopped, so "gingerly" is how I am doing it
My grow space is pretty tight with not much overhead so I do a lot of LST. I have two main branches and each of those had maybe 8 side branches and each of those had their own.

And all of them were the same height as I try to keep the canopy as level as I can.

So that was way too many bud sites. I thinned the whole thing to what I think will be enough room for a mature bud, spacing what was left around the pot .

@Grand Daddy Black, so I'm not the only clumsy one then ✂️:laugh:
Yeah, let's go with "clumsy", that's sounds better than "deliberate"
:cheesygrinsmiley:

My grow space is pretty tight with not much overhead so I do a lot of LST. I have two main branches and each of those had maybe 8 side branches and each of those had their own.

And all of them were the same height as I try to keep the canopy as level as I can.

So that was way too many bud sites. I thinned the whole thing to what I think will be enough room for a mature bud, spacing what was left around the pot .

Yeah, let's go with "clumsy", that's sounds better than "deliberate"
:cheesygrinsmiley:
Thank you! I went back in snip snip snip. I took quite a pile off underneath the canopy of the Banner. The Wedding Cake seems to be quite thin and spindly atm, so will wait on that one until tomorrow or so :)

Omg Carmen! You have two real beauties!

👯‍♂️

That CarCanopy is gonna come in hot!

Now as far as light problems, I do have an idea. I have been asked to sponsor lights a few times. You have a beautifully presented journal. Sponsors are always looking for opportunities to publicly test their wares. This could be something for you to consider.

I don't mind the sound of crickets they remind me of my late lizard lol things would chirp all night.

But thank you sharing this, it's super relaxing 😌.. I'm going to check out the channel and see if they have different view points....like community animal drink time at a watering hole or something.

I don't mind the sound of crickets they remind me of my late lizard lol things would chirp all night.
Bruv they weren’t chirping!

They were screaming to each other!

ROBERT! WE GONNA DIE! WE GONNA FUCKING DIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!”

You have no idea how many times I've sat high and joked about that 😂

Bugs think life is great.... Next thing they know Godzilla is eating their home boys

But thank you sharing this, it's super relaxing 😌.. I'm going to check out the channel and see if they have different view points....like community animal drink time at a watering hole or something.
Worst part was when one escaped, and it would hide in the walls chirping 24/7 until it starved.

Omg Carmen! You have two real beauties!

👯‍♂️

That CarCanopy is gonna come in hot!

Now as far as light problems, I do have an idea. I have been asked to sponsor lights a few times. You have a beautifully presented journal. Sponsors are always looking for opportunities to publicly test their wares. This could be something for you to consider.
Thank you so much Tra! I even tried my hand at supercropping a branch that was going its own way, thanks to your encouragement :)
One of the sponsors asked me if I wanted to try one of their lights but they don't ship to South Africa, so I don't think I am able to get sponsored products unfortunately.

They do, they do. They have live sunrise and sunset safaris, where a few rangers drive the private roads of the reserve locating live game!
I love the sound of crickets at night. I live in a suburb which has wall to wall apartment buildings / gated communities so even though it is all foolishly built on a wetland, there isn't the sound of nature. We hear drag racing instead. I find that the sounds of the bushveld help to reset my internal clock and soothe my spirit.

lmao :laugh: not these ones... they live in the great freedom of the Kruger National Park and surrounds.
Worst part was when one escaped, and it would hide in the walls chirping 24/7 until it starved.
First world problems... :rofl:

Have any of you ever heard of the infamous "Parktown Prawn"?

^^ Have now.

Parktown prawn. Interesting creatures.

I swear Ive never heard cuckold in an insect piece before. Word just leapt right off the page.

Had a good giggle. Great read.
Right 😂 the males "stick around to make sure their semen is used" lol human males would be in trouble if we did this 🤫😆.
One of the sponsors asked me if I wanted to try one of their lights but they don't ship to South Africa
And that's awesome...super proud of you.... Great looking plants and journal and a sponsor agreed :)

To bad you didn't have someone in a country they ship to that would work out the transport to you as a middle man/gal.

Back
Top Bottom