Winging It In Winter By The Window: Soil Auto Grow

The light frame not a new frame! Tape (of you're choosing) or clothes pins and a few black plastic bags hanging to below the pot tops. No need to worry about the aesthetics because no one will see them in the dark room!
See? Even Shed likes the garbage bag and duct tape solution (although he didn't come right out and say so so I'm inferring somewhat....) :laughtwo:

Can you give us a picture of where you're thinking about using the garbage bag curtain? I may have an idea.
I'm thinking of draping the doorway where the light is coming from. There is a tree that sort of blocks the streetlight from the plants from that direction.
The light frame not a new frame! Tape (of you're choosing) or clothes pins and a few black plastic bags hanging to below the pot tops. No need to worry about the aesthetics because no one will see them in the dark room!
I'm sorry I don't understand what you are explaining.... oh hang on I just got it I think.... the plants don't fit under the light though... do you mean the grow light? I can't really show you more of the space without compromising my privacy, but the plants take up quite a bit of space beyond the perimeter of the light frame. It would work if I had one plant to cover.
See? Even Shed likes the garbage bag and duct tape solution (although he didn't come right out and say so so I'm inferring somewhat....) :laughtwo:
:rofl:
I was the one who brought up garbage bags to begin with!
You were indeed, Azi really sold it hard though :rofl:

I'm thinking of draping the doorway where the light is coming from. There is a tree that sort of blocks the streetlight from the plants from that direction.

I'm sorry I don't understand what you are explaining.... oh hang on I just got it I think.... the plants don't fit under the light though... do you mean the grow light? I can't really show you more of the space without compromising my privacy, but the plants take up quite a bit of space beyond the perimeter of the light frame. It would work if I had one plant to cover.

:rofl:

You were indeed, Azi really sold it hard though :rofl:
Dark green garbage bags will work too. 😗

Hi guys, it's the next day and I have fashioned a curtain out of garbage bags as @Azimuth @InTheShed and @Grand Daddy Black suggested... I think this should work quite well to screen the light. Packaging tape, duct tape and black garbage bags. Now lets hold thumbs (cross fingers in South African) that it works. I will see tonight how effective it is :)

They make pressure fit curtain rods for windows and showers, etc, where two pieces screw together and you adjust the size by adjusting how tight or loose the two pieces screw together. Those don't require any screws or damage to the walls.

Something like that would work in your hallway/passage as well. You could even hang regular light blocking curtains from them if you don't like Shed's garbage bag idea (and I don't really blame you, because really, who wants garbage bags hanging in their living space?) :laughtwo:

Edit: never mind. I see from your video you got it sorted. :thumb:

Omg your voice!

You should do audio books! 100%!

And Carmen your grow is starting to look bang on. I have loved watching you listen, take notes then take portions of the advice given and make it work for your grow.

You go girl!

#girlpower

Omg your voice!

You should do audio books! 100%!

And Carmen your grow is starting to look bang on. I have loved watching you listen, take notes then take portions of the advice given and make it work for your grow.

You go girsl!

#girlpower
Thank you so much, it's lovely to receive compliments like this.
I'm seeing the plants coming into their own now and it's an exciting and nervy time as I am not sure what to expect with their growth. Thanks for the support Tra!
Hey Boo too :)
They make pressure fit curtain rods for windows and showers, etc, where two pieces screw together and you adjust the size by adjusting how tight or loose the two pieces screw together. Those don't require any screws or damage to the walls.

Something like that would work in your hallway/passage as well. You could even hang regular light blocking curtains from them if you don't like Shed's garbage bag idea (and I don't really blame you, because really, who wants garbage bags hanging in their living space?) :laughtwo:

Edit: never mind. I see from your video you got it sorted. :thumb:
That's a good idea though and worth remembering Azi, thank you.
Thank you Shed

Hey guys, am I seeing nanas here? I haven't seen this before. Also, there are quite a lot of new white pistils on most of the buds.
DSC_9082-Edit.jpg

Hey guys, am I seeing nanas here
You are!
Nothing to worry about this late in the grow, not enough time left to make seeds.
It's fairly common to see a few this late in the game..not a Hermie...

You are!
Nothing to worry about this late in the grow, not enough time left to make seeds.
It's fairly common to see a few this late in the game..not a Hermie...
That's quite fascinating, Carcass. So I don't need to take any immediate action then?

What Carcass said!
I'm guessing that the white pistils don't matter either at this point and that she is good to go for another few days?
***EDIT*** You're quick Shed, you already responded in the affirmative :)

Back
Top Bottom