Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: My White Widow Adventure

Post Thanks / Like

My White Widow Adventure

I germinated 10 Nirvana White Widow seeds and all popped out of soil on 5/19. One of them was deformed as the first leaves were joined together and no new growth could get out so I pulled it, now there are 9

Soil: Equal parts all Fox Farm: Ocean Forest, Original Planting Mix, Light Warrior Agro-Ponic

Light: 400W MH

Humidity: In dome 70% and in the room is about 55-60%

Temp: 80 - 85 F during day and 70 - 75 F at night

Water and feed schedule: I started foliar feeding with diluted 1/4 solution with liquid seaweed and fish emultion every 3 days. I am watering using wet/dry cycle and just started giving 1/4 fish and seaweed every-other watering.

I plan to add 5 Arjan's Haze #3 seeds from Green House Seeds on 12/12 when the white widows go to flower so they don't get too big and will pollinate the haze with white widow pollen. That should be fun!

Anyway, here are the pics of the babies now:

Here is a close-up of one of them:

Wish me luck on another fun grow!
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 12-14-2008 at 10:27 PM.
    deadhead1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My White Widow Adventure

looking forward to your posts

good luck dooood

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

White Widow is a wonderful strain, and one of my favourites. it is also a forgiving strain to grow for beginners. Powerful and euphoric high.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Hey *****...... Have you had Nirvana white widow? Is there much of a difference between breeders with this strain? Just wondering if one white widow with one breeder is better than another for some reason.

Anyway, here is the update.... We are at day 25 from when they first popped through the soil and as you will see from the pictures their sizes vary greatly. They all look very healthy to me so I'm not worried about the size as the smaller ones will probably catch up during veg.

I am now feeding with Maxi Crop Veg growth 1/2 strength every-other watering with a few drops of seaweed and fish emulsion. Also, I am foliar feeding with seaweed and fish emulsion 1/4 or slightly less strength every 3 days. No more delay.... here are the pics. They all look a little droopy because I just sprayed them:

Here is the runt, about 1 1/2 inches tall:

Last edited by 420 Girl; 12-14-2008 at 10:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

+ reps for luck man. plants look good.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

will be following this one good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice :-) Great start!

Post Thanks / Like

After a lot of research I found that the Maxi Crop nutes are just ok so I decided to switch to Advanced Nutrients Sensi 2 part grow and 2 part bloom for flowering. I have given the plants their first feeding with Sensi grow a & b. I also decided to add the 5 female Arjan's haze #3 seeds to the grow and will veg them for approx 30 days or so. Here are some pictures, the haze popped out of soil 3 days ago.

These are the haze babies, I'll get better pictures when they get bigger.

Last edited by 420 Girl; 12-14-2008 at 10:28 PM.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

MaxiCrop, or any "sea tea" is a supplement, not a replacement for a nutrient regimen. It can stimulate root growth, decrease internode length, adds wonderful trace elements, and mitigates stress. I think it also helps your plant to use the other available nutrients more effectively. I wouldn't give it up - it is definitely beneficial to the plants...along with the appropriate N-P-K nutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Freak..... So you think that I should use a small amount of Maxi Crop in addition to the Sensi A & B grow formula? I am still adding sea-tea with the nute watering and spraying with sea-tea every 3 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Cant wait to see the widow and the haze. Both will be sweet. nice lookin plants dude.
    "I believe that the truth will set us free, and that truth is contagious. And i think that while cannabis per say is non addictive learning about it quickly becomes." - Todd McCormick

Legalize Regulate Educate Medicate

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4twenty4all View Post
    Hey Freak..... So you think that I should use a small amount of Maxi Crop in addition to the Sensi A & B grow formula? I am still adding sea-tea with the nute watering and spraying with sea-tea every 3 days.
    I'm not familiar with what Sensi A&B are comprised of, but if they are veg and flower nutes than the seaweed extract shouldn't be in conflict and should benefit the growth and quality greatly. As long as the ladies enjoy the potion, it's all good.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=4twenty4all;662982]

QUOTE]

your babies are growing up nicely. make sure you dont overwater.
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 12-14-2008 at 10:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Freak! I'll keep using the sea-tea and probably use the maxi-crop on my vegetable garden.

Hey BigGreen, thanks! They look droopy because I just watered them and sprayed them with neem oil. Here are a few pics showing they look better dry and I also have a close up of one of the baby arjan's haze.

Peace:
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 12-14-2008 at 10:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

nice lookin plants.
    "I believe that the truth will set us free, and that truth is contagious. And i think that while cannabis per say is non addictive learning about it quickly becomes." - Todd McCormick

Legalize Regulate Educate Medicate

Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast