Votes: 16 19.5%
  • Weaselcracker

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Fuzzy Duck

Votes: 9 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
why not new member of the month
i found out 'yes all by myself', that its always the same few people with lots of green bricks:rofl: that get elected and win nice prices
and the rest get to seem laughed at but hey thats my opinion...
maybe i'm getting a little frustrated about this....

Youll get your time! I also hope to be on it once to all you can do is be motivated and maybe eventually people will notice
i found out 'yes all by myself', that its always the same few people with lots of green bricks:rofl: that get elected and win nice prices

Guides lines for the MOTM or how to get noticed may include some of these suggestions :thumb:

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

Greeting new members
Helping people with questions
Peacemakers
Activism efforts
Promoting our sponsors
Activity and content generation
Reporting violations

A little some thing to work on :Namaste:

I see we are into the normal popcorn munching routine !

How ever i may refer back to this comment :thumb:

Which was from this - 420 Magazine's Member of the Month - July 2015

As forum guides lines suggest about nominees i have no one to research or talk about at present or to at least voting starts that hardly gets the ball rolling !

How ever on the topic of cannabis i would like to hear peoples thoughts on - the best way to make canna butter :thumb:

For pastries, I prefer the slow cooker with water buffer method for a nuttier, happier tasting butter:
cb1b1.png

cb1c1.png

cb21.png

happycannabutter.png

However, for pasta sauces, machine butter adds just the right amount of zest!

How much butter to cannabis do you use?
Do you put the water first and then add butter. If so at what point?
Thank you for sharing Cannabelle!

I've been making butter for at least 15 years now, and it works like a charm each and every time. I'm no scientist or chemist, But I am a chef and cooking is my thing. Nothing like getting stoned and then making some epic meal to fulfill my munchies.

So heres my recipe for success.

Materials

I like a ratio of 1oz bud to 4 sticks (1 pound or 2 cups) of butter (salted/unsalted whatever your making calls for).

I mainly make cookies as these are small for quick consumption and pack a punch. (P.S. I find chocolate covers up the herb taste quite nicely). Also I make large batches of cookie dough and weigh out individual portions, baggie them and freeze them. that way whoever gets one can make it fresh at the time they choose.

so I'll make 4 sticks of butter in this example

So I use:
4 Sticks butter
1 oz bud grounded up (I use those electric coffee grinders and powder that shit)
1 decent size sauce pot. I'd say enough to fit 4 cups of water or more.
A strainer
Wooden spoon or something to stir with
Oven/stove
Cookie pan with aluminum foil sheet on top

Directions

Decarb your herb. Like I said i'm not a scientist or a chemist so all I can do here is copy some google search as to why you gotta do this. I'll leave that to you.

I take my herb finely grounded and spread it out over my aluminum foil sheet as thin and spread out as possible

Preheat your oven to 310° F (some people won't agree with this temperature, but i've never had a single problem.) and when its finished heating up insert your pan uncovered into the oven and let it sit for 15 minutes. (P.S. this will stink up the entire house)

While that is taking place you can prepare to melt your butter. Take your sauce pot and add your butter, then fill up the pot with water about half way up so the butter is floating. turn it up so that it will heat up and melt the butter. Stir it around and (I like to crank it up to medium high to get it going.) once your butter is melted, turn it down to a low simmer (on my stove I set it to 2 or 3 out of 10 being my highest setting.)

Add all the herbs directly into the now simmering pot of water and melted butter.

Stir around occasionally and keep this going for 3 hours or so. (Some people claim the longer the better, I've had problems getting up to walk after 1 of my cookies kicks in so i've never felt the need to push further.)
2013-07-21_14-18-52_580.jpg
As you can see in the image, My water is moving but not bubbling to a boil. You might have to play around with your temperature to hit a nice sweet spot.

Once your time is up let it sit for a few mins to cool down and then strain it into another container that can be closed/covered, Water and all. All you want to take out is the plant matter. I like to take a spoon or a soup ladle and press the plant matter into the strainer screen to squeeze all that goodness out. a cheese cloth works very well. I just don't have one.

Next you'll close that container and place it into the refrigerator and leave it overnight. (I have found that trying to freeze it so it cools down faster weakens the strength so I don't recommend you try to speed things up.)

The next day you'll look at your container and you'll see a thick slab of green butter floating ontop of the water. simply unstick the sides from the container and it should pop out in a nice size chunk or 2. dump the water out its useless.
2013-07-21_20-38-30_728.jpg
in the image that brownish white stuff is just finely ground herb that passed through the strainer. It won't hurt you.

Now you're ready to cook. Follow your favorite recipes as you would normally, only replacing butter with your fresh cannabutter. Enjoy

P.S. It depends on your metabolism but on average it takes me 2 hours before I feel the effects, but once they get going... hold on.

Funny story I can share. I once gave my neighbor friend a cookie, this woman is tiny, she is barely 100 pounds. I warned her about eating the whole thing, but she assured me she can hang.
So she eats this whole cookie and the next day, I hear from her that she had spent most of the night on the hallway floor as she was too stoned to walk, and tried to crawl. She said she just laid on the floor and fell asleep and later on in the night was able to make it to her room and into her bed. I found it hilarious

How much butter to cannabis do you use?
Do you put the water first and then add butter. If so at what point?
Thank you for sharing Cannabelle!

My cannabutter is a little different in that I use leaves and leaf stems too as well as sugar leaves and buds. Whole leaves pruned from excess vegetative growth is also a good source of CBD whether you are using hemp or high CBD cannabis. I'm not aiming for an up buzz, but for a soothing, relaxing product.

My happy CBD butter is made with 2 cups coconut oil, 3 ounces of frozen cannabis leaves, 10 grams of dried high CBD Blue Blood/Med GOM/QNT trim and buds. I make healthy cookies with this that is just right for my medical needs and mild enough to help my elderly, 15 year old chihuahua.

My buzz butter for party brownies has 2 cups coconut oil, 3 ounces of frozen cannabis leaves, 20 grams of a 20%+ THC strain. I don't make these often. I'm getting too old for this kind of carnal carnage, blissful buzz. The pastries made from buzz butter are usually special occasion gifts for recently married friends or friends celebrating their anniversary.

I usually heat-up the oil in the slow cooker first then throw everything in. Let simmer a couple of hours on low stirring occasionally.

I would like to ask whoever wins the contest this month to create a thread and upload pictures and impressions of the prizes as they come.
That would be very interesting!

Here are the nominees for Member of the Month - August 2015​

Pigeons420 regularly greets new members and helps them get up to speed on our website, offering quality advice and direction.

Uptheholler2 has a wealth of old school growing wisdom that he willingly communicates with all who visit The Mountain for help.

Cannabelle enhances our community with her polite and descriptive posts; sharing her own experiences along with info she is able to find here.

Dusty Kiefers always has something fun cooking up in his tent. Super positive and willing to engage, he readily gives encouragement and solid advice.

TheNuttyProfessor is a passionate grower who helps others in a very positive way, freely sharing his experiences and innovative methods with our community.

Weaselcracker is a supportive, knowledgeable and well spirited member of our community, regularly helping other growers with his helpful ways and friendly attitude.

Fuzzy Duck is very present in FAQs, offering his thoughts and experience on a range of subjects. Friendly and polite, he helps members with kindness and objectivity.

Congratulations to all of the nominees! You've already won half of the battle! :goodjob:

My vote went to Pigeons420. This guy was the first to make contact with me when I joined. He's taken the time out of his life to answer my questions and has provided nothing but quality, accurate information. His friendly, outgoing, positive nature shines bright throughout our community. Thank you sir for helping me out so much and following my rollercoaster journal.

Good luck to all the nominees! :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom