• SweetSue

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Conradino23

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Fuzzy Duck

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That gives contestants that won from January to June multiple opportunities to participate in one given year and the people from July to December only 1 chance that same year. For instance, the winner of January can go at it again after July but the person who wins in in July cannot play again that year.

Every time I've skimmed over this it makes me pause, because none of us think of it as "playing" and, looking over the list, I'm fairly certain none of us do what we do with any thought of this contest in mind. We don't choose to participate. Members nominate us. We can choose to opt out, but not in.

I've always viewed my nominations as proof that I must have been doing what I came here to do and an encouragement to work even harder to advance the causes we find on these digital streets. I can tell you I have never voted for myself. :laughtwo: There are some who view this as a popularity contest and I believe they missed the entire idea behind the honor. We're here to serve, and we really ask nothing in return. This honor humbles you in a way that I assume surprised almost every past recipient as much as it did me.

And go Mr Am4zin! :high-five:

Every time I've skimmed over this it makes me pause, because none of us think of it as "playing" and, looking over the list, I'm fairly certain none of us do what we do with any thought of this contest in mind. We don't choose to participate. Members nominate us. We can choose to opt out, but not in.

I've always viewed my nominations as proof that I must have been doing what I came here to do and an encouragement to work even harder to advance the causes we find on these digital streets. I can tell you I have never voted for myself. :laughtwo: There are some who view this as a popularity contest and I believe they missed the entire idea behind the honor. We're here to serve, and we really ask nothing in return. This honor humbles you in a way that I assume surprised almost every past recipient as much as it did me.

And go Mr Am4zin! :high-five:

Bad use of words Sue, that's all (I am bi lingual and it takes me a min to choose the right phrasing). I meant no harm from it. What I meant from play was the nomination into the contest. The point I was trying to make was that the whole wait 6 months to be able to get nominated is strange because it only favors those in the first half of the year. Of course this is a humbling honor, not denying that at all. I do however have to say that a big reason why this site is so great is that not only is the positivity contagious but the admins have a fine way to motivate us all as well (You cant seriously say that you weren't intrigued by the contests). I would die if I ever won a POTM (not the same here I know) Simply because my plant was chosen over all the other amazing talented gardeners here at 420. Not competing for popularity but honored to be amongst the better growers (yes I said better) I hope this clears any misunderstanding. It saddens me that you seem to keep picking me off in different threads and I hope that you could forgive any misunderstandings we've had.

Edit: It was also an attempt to contribute to the community. I like the idea of being part of the admin here at 420, I was hoping they would see my efforts. It also amazes me how 1 word can change the perspective of an entire conversation.

.It saddens me that you seem to keep picking me off in different threads and I hope that you could forgive any misunderstandings we've had.

Edit: It was also an attempt to contribute to the community. I like the idea of being part of the admin here at 420, I was hoping they would see my efforts. It also amazes me how 1 word can change the perspective of an entire conversation.

Please don't be sad or interpret my engaging you in conversation as anything other than constructive. I've found you a stimulating contributor to many conversations I'm involved in and would hope we can continue to explore this friendship. It's my goal to make my community interactions be in a positive stream, so if I misuse my own language skills and confuse you, I'd hope you nudge me right back. You're achieving your goals quite well, IMHO. :battingeyelashes:

Yes, it is fascinating how one small word made all the difference there. The value to this site is how those small missteps don't result in bad feelings, but a laugh over the misunderstanding. We're all too mellow to be upset by a few words. :laughtwo:

You have a wonderful day now Mello. :love:

Somebody is about to savor the buttery flavor of peer appreciation.
I havent been around in a while... The combination of new vaporizer and harvest I guess.

Congrats to Mr Am4zing

Somebody is about to savor the buttery flavor of peer appreciation.
I havent been around in a while... The combination of new vaporizer and harvest I guess.

Congrats to Mr Am4zing

We're not done yet Roach, but I share those fond congratulatory feelings for our amazing companion. :laughtwo: Enjoying that harvest are we? :battingeyelashes:

It was the butter machine I was most excited about when I won, and ironically, I haven't had enough produce since then to use it. :laughtwo: life got really complicated, didn't it? When I get back from vacation that should finally be possible. :yahoo:

It was the butter machine I was most excited about when I won, and ironically, I haven't had enough produce since then to use it. :laughtwo: life got really complicated, didn't it? When I get back from vacation that should finally be possible. :yahoo:

The magic butter machine is really awesome. Don't let your harvest supply slow you down Sue. I've yet to use mine for cannabis though I will soon. I've made rosemary oil and basil oil, using olive oil, and a whole shelf full of concoctions with honey. I bought a bucket of honey and have been making flavored honey using local herbs and berries. The product is so amazing that I would go into business selling it if I was that sort of guy, which I'm not. Some good Christmas presents will be getting sent out this year though. :)

The magic butter machine is really awesome. Don't let your harvest supply slow you down Sue. I've yet to use mine for cannabis though I will soon. I've made rosemary oil and basil oil, using olive oil, and a whole shelf full of concoctions with honey. I bought a bucket of honey and have been making flavored honey using local herbs and berries. The product is so amazing that I would go into business selling it if I was that sort of guy, which I'm not. Some good Christmas presents will be getting sent out this year though. :)

What an excellent idea. Weaselcracker - or should we be calling you SquirrelSnapper? - thank you for that. :love:

Nah...I'm just sorta in between avatars at the moment. The squirrel and I are at an uneasy truce, for now...
You're welcome. There's no end to the delicious things you could make. I made a bunch of cranberry honey, from the local wild ones but 'tame' ones would work. So amazing, I and mixed some incredible drinks with it, and a little rum....
:drool:
Oh am I off topic again? Damn....

Just giving the contestants something to look forward to.

:love: :hug: :love:

I could not be prouder. It isn't possible to be any prouder. If you could see the smile on my face. I think I'm gonna cry. Geez.

:hug:

Thankyou my friends. Im incredibly humbled and honoured for you to have chose me as your member of the month.
I send my thanks to each and every one of you. I would also Li, e to offer my thanks and congratulations to the other nominees, without everybody on that list (and a lot of people off it) deserve the title "member of the month" it's all of you that keep me here doing what I do.

Thankyou again. Now we dance?
:party::party::party::party::party::party::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom