Votes: 39 38.6%
  • Fuzzy Duck

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Snidrajsed

Votes: 28 27.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They all always deserve it.

I do the opposite. I usually wait so long my vote doesn't matter. I vote for the one with the least votes to spread the love. 1 time I didn't vote that way. 1 time I voted for the winner.

But the last place person here deserves some love too.

Personally as a loser myself, I am happier to support the the others in last place.

Why not vote for the person that you think deserves to win the most - that is to say, the one who best meets the requirements that got him/her nominated?

I'd hate to win a contest because people felt sorry for me. Well... A contest like this one, anyway. I'd happily accept a winning lottery ticket ;) .

That's cause I am an idiot and I am high.

It should be obvious I aint here to impress LOL. If you follow anything I write you see I can't type fur shid. I purposefully left that skill out of my tool box.

But thanks! :high-five:

That is why the dedicated loyal 420 Members wait to the end to vote. It is joked about in this thread every month. A good half of the votes come in during the last week because there are lots are really nice people waiting trying to make it fun for everyone.

:thumb:

I never thought of it this way, thanks for the mental note. I have noticed the joking about it before but I am also still fairly new and getting used to things. This is what I will start doing next month as well, great idea :)
Who the heck is JOKING? I am dead serious, I will not cast my vote until after the swim suit competition and the evening gown competition. Anyone who votes before those two competitions have no real idea about their nominee and what they are capable of doing.

In fact I think I have been trying hard to remember to make the point on the 15th each month. Don't waste your vote. Usually at this point there is a good half of us left and we get to decide.

Maybe not this month. There are not too many left to vote unless we had some surge of new voters voting early and we still have 50 votes hanging out. 50 this late is not uncommon and is enough to make a big difference.

One of these days it is coming down to one vote and I am on pacific time. :)
I am a pacific timer too and if it comes down to one vote I hope we have a tie :thumb:

It's a great point Oldschool. I always vote with my gut, which I still think is always the best way, but I often look at the polls and think my vote is 'wasted' if it's for someone who isn't close to winning. Almost kind of takes the fun out of voting sometimes. At least the choices here are great, unlike in most other elections.
I never totally understood the whole "Vote With Your Gut" concept. I tried it one time and man it was a total mess, I do not know if it is because I just have a small gut, or perhaps my technique is all wrong but laying on top of my keyboard to vote just does not work for me.I will be sticking to voting with my fingers. I am always willing to learn new things so if it is just a matter of technique fill me in, if it requires I drink more beer and get a bigger Gut, well I am afraid I will have to pass.
They all always deserve it.

I do the opposite. I usually wait so long my vote doesn't matter. I vote for the one with the least votes to spread the love. 1 time I didn't vote that way. 1 time I voted for the winner.

But the last place person here deserves some love too.

Personally as a looser myself, I am happier to support the the others in last place.
All of the nominees deserve the love they are a great group of people and just because only one person gets the title and the gifts does not mean the rest are losers, they are winners. If the only reason you help someone is because you want to win something, you are not helping them, you are only trying to help yourself. Our nominees are winners because they help others because they know that person needs help and it is the right thing to do, not because of selfish reasons. Lots of the winners do not even keep all of the prizes, lots give them to others within the community.

I did that in the beginning but it was a futile and very time consuming. So now I just spread the love. They all deserve it.

You can go back and take a random time shot. I used to do this. I used to be much more concerned about giving a "fair" vote because I was nominated so I wanted to make sure and read up on all the contestants work. It is easy and I do statistical stuff all the time for work so it is hard to stop me some times. So you can go through say a random 14 days (I would try to find 10 most active days and grab round that) and look through all of the posts for all the people nominated and filter out and tally up posts that are valuable to the community (even jokes) and you can do simple math and figure out who it is who "deserves" it. It is very easy and time consuming. Go for it!!! I can say there is no way a normal person has enough time on here to have been able to do that and provide a "fair and accurate" vote in the first few days after the nominations are posted. Those votes in the first 48 hours are mostly biased votes based on partial info. I would spend often more than an hour a person to really rank it fairly. Who does that on the 15th...sits there half the day researching posts in areas they are not interested in to begin with. Anyway I quit doing the math after seeing the results repeatedly.

There is a very small group of voters here. It does not represent a cross section of the community. This is a fun laughable contests and that is all...nothing serious. So best to keep it light hearted and fun for the people who are nominated. It is the least we can do for them. None of them deserve near 0 votes.

No one needs to win by a land slide.

If I vote for someone who is way ahead it means nothing. If I vote for someone with 1 vote out there it means a lot to them.

And they all deserve to win.

Who the heck is JOKING? I am dead serious, I will not cast my vote until after the swim suit competition and the evening gown competition. Anyone who votes before those two competitions have no real idea about their nominee and what they are capable of doing.

Many have been deserving and nominated previously, how many times do we expect VI to trot out in that two piece we've all seen before? :)

I did that in the beginning but it was a futile and very time consuming. So now I just spread the love. They all deserve it.

You can go back and take a random time shot. I used to do this. I used to be much more concerned about giving a "fair" vote because I was nominated so I wanted to make sure and read up on all the contestants work. It is easy and I do statistical stuff all the time for work so it is hard to stop me some times. So you can go through say a random 14 days (I would try to find 10 most active days and grab round that) and look through all of the posts for all the people nominated and filter out and tally up posts that are valuable to the community (even jokes) and you can do simple math and figure out who it is who "deserves" it. It is very easy and time consuming. Go for it!!! I can say there is no way a normal person has enough time on here to have been able to do that and provide a "fair and accurate" vote in the first few days after the nominations are posted. Those votes in the first 48 hours are mostly biased votes based on partial info. I would spend often more than an hour a person to really rank it fairly. Who does that on the 15th...sits there half the day researching posts in areas they are not interested in to begin with. Anyway I quit doing the math after seeing the results repeatedly.

There is a very small group of voters here. It does not represent a cross section of the community. This is a fun laughable contests and that is all...nothing serious. So best to keep it light hearted and fun for the people who are nominated. It is the least we can do for them. None of them deserve near 0 votes.

No one needs to win by a land slide.

If I vote for someone who is way ahead it means nothing. If I vote for someone with 1 vote out there it means a lot to them.

And they all deserve to win.

I do think many of the small group of voters are already familiar with the posting history of some or all of the nominees, even before the list is announced.

I've great respect for the empathy you show in this post. :adore:

Hi Everyone,

Just a comment on the 'visible votes' discussion from us. We have been here many times before. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Although we know it's tempting, we like to give members a choice. You don't have to look before you vote. Self control is a marvellous thing. ;)

Secondly, don't forget that now only members with 50 or more posts are permitted to vote. Until we go through the votes at the end of the month to remove any mistaken votes by those with fewer than 50, none of us know the real situation.

It's not in the bag for Cannafan yet. :circle-of-love:

Love you all. Your 420 Magazine Moderators. :Namaste:

Hi Everyone,

Just a comment on the 'visible votes' discussion from us. We have been here many times before. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Although we know it's tempting, we like to give members a choice. You don't have to look before you vote. Self control is a marvellous thing. ;)

Secondly, don't forget that now only members with 50 or more posts are permitted to vote. Until we go through the votes at the end of the month to remove any mistaken votes by those with fewer than 50, none of us know the real situation.

It's not in the bag for Cannafan yet. :circle-of-love:

Love you all. Your 420 Magazine Moderators. :Namaste:

:thanks:

Until we go through the votes at the end of the month to remove any mistaken votes by those with fewer than 50, none of us know the real situation.

You have to do that manually? I'm surprised that it's not a standard option to set the number of posts required to vote in a poll in that software. Not every forum uses the poll function for contests... but, even so, it would annoy people if clowns were able to create new accounts and vote in polls - by the dozen :rolleyes3: .

Teddy, please correct me if I'm wrong....but if you have not voted in the poll you cannot see who has how many votes...right?

I've not paid a lot of attention to that in the past, so please correct me if that's not accurate.

:circle-of-love:

Edit: Meaning members in general, not just you. :laugh:

You can view the poll results whether you have voted or not.

:tokin:

You can view the poll results whether you have voted or not.

:tokin:

Thank you Dan. Seems like whenever I go to the page to vote, I can't see the results until I do vote. I've always thought that was a good feature, makes you think about who you're voting for and do some digging. I'm going to test that out next month, (I've already done my voting for this month), maybe my eyes are doing funny things. :laugh:

:circle-of-love:

Yep. Guess whose job that is. :nomo:

Let me guess... You, lol?

Thank you Dan. Seems like whenever I go to the page to vote, I can't see the results until I do vote.

It's right there at the top of every page of the thread, just under the list of nominees - and directly to the right of the "Vote Now" button (which is slightly skinnier), and is labeled... "View Poll Results." Meaning no disrespect, I don't see how you could miss it and still manage to find the "Vote Now" button. Take another look and if you still cannot find it, I'll post a screenshot (if I don't forget).

It's right there at the top of every page of the thread, just under the list of nominees - and directly to the right of the "Vote Now" button (which is slightly skinnier), and is labeled... "View Poll Results." Meaning no disrespect, I don't see how you could miss it and still manage to find the "Vote Now" button. Take another look and if you still cannot find it, I'll post a screenshot (if I don't forget).

Ahh....I remember it now. Never used it. Seriously, never have. LOL But thanks for your offer. Certainly no disrespect taken on your post.

:thumb:

Edit: Which is kind of hilarious for me, because I spend a ton of time helping people understand how to navigate this site. :laugh:

Where have you been? :rofl: It's nice to see some witty conversation to go along with the saccharin on this site. I will be venturing to your journal sir.

Back
Top Bottom