• Cannafan

Votes: 39 38.6%
  • Fuzzy Duck

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Snidrajsed

Votes: 28 27.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A Snidrajsed...Lol... What the *@%# is that?

Best post of the thread. I'm still trying to find some sort of definition for you all. So far I've come up with this...
You know those cute little fuzzy wuzzys that are nowhere and everywhere at once. No, we'll guess what it's not that. Did you ever hear about that cool little gizmo that they are testing for space walk hydration... Well! It's not that either.

Honestly, When I was young and stupid I found this Rock, a pet rock as some of you may have had before these infernal computer machines. Anyway I would use it as my Lego army's castle, like an alamo. And all my Lego people would try and invade "the rock" and it was called cassa de'snidrajsed. True story, really it's just backwards talk which was fun as a kid... You know? So that was my user name for all my gaming once I we got the online and it had served me well. But I do like Stinky Snid, it's much more catchy wouldn't you say...thanks for the laugh attack once again. Wtf is a Snidrajsed anyways.. :rofl:

As for these polls and how they are administered... I'd be happy with whatever they decide on, let the commissioner comish... You know?
KCCO
:allgood:

We are so fortunate to have such an opportunity to one, be recognized by our peers and two, to be a part of such a great community which rewards it's many many many great members. I can't believe I've got as many votes as I do and it's makes me feel so proud that I've been a small part in making this community better for everyone. I've only been here a short time and I don't have hundreds of thousands of views but I'm am so grateful to be accepted by the fantastic folks here. Hope I can keep you all in my heart for a long time to come.

I'm like...:icon_roll. Blah blah blah.. Lol sorry for rambling, I just wanted to say something since everyone gave their 2¢.

:420:Thank you For making things Greener for so many people around the world. This is my community, as well as each and every one of yours too, let's...

KEEP IT GREEN :green_heart:Cheers

Oh I see- it's French. Only backwards.
Desjardins. For 'of the gardens'. Perfect.

I went to something which around here we called 'residential school'. Residential meant you got to leave home, and reside at the school. Yay! Actually I won't say it was a great experience. That was back in the days the staff were allowed to administer beatings and such.
Some friends and I nicknamed a kid 'Weaselcracker'. It was just in fun. It made no sense and had absolutely zero meaning. We just liked the sound of it. Apparently the other guy didn't. He narced and we were dragged into a room and interrogated for hours. Seemed like hours anyway. Actually I think it was hours. The 'Master' (senior Nazi) could not believe that it had no meaning. Creativity wasn't one of his strengths I guess. The interrogation went on and on while he tried all kind of tactics to get us to confess the true dire meaning of the evil word. He never did find out of course, and it drove him increasingly mad, like foaming at the mouth. I'm not sure he ever recovered :) Got caned for that one too, lol! As usual! (I got caned nearly every time I opened my mouth). We got lots of laughs later though over his reaction to the dreaded word 'Weaselcracker'.

Apropos of nothing really. Just a story. Good luck guys. :thumb:

Well now, those are quite the stories of nicknames. Was a good read this morning for sure!
Not a whole lot of a story to my nickname. It came from my older brother and cousin since my name is Richard. Not really sure how the nickname Dick comes from Richard but it does and has for quite some time haha, just google it! Even my grandfather used to call me Lil' Dick when I was a kid growing up, then once I got a little older he told me that he can now start calling me Big Dick since I wasn't so little anymore!

So, it was quite the adventure growing up with such a nickname. It stuck so much that even through high school the majority of my friends called me Dick since my brother and I sort of hung out with the same type of crowds in the same areas so it really got around. I didn't care for it so much when I was real young but it eventually came to the point that so many people knew me as Dick that I got over it and accepted the fact that this is my nickname. I think the only people that called me by my real name was my parents, other family and maybe any girlfriend that I had at the time since they thought it would be weird to call me Dick. Also, sort of like Snidrajsed's story, I used this nickname for gaming online on xbox and it still is the same to this day. (not that I play games nearly as much as I used to)

That's my little short story on my nickname, I figured I would keep the randomness about nicknames going in the thread for some fun. Who else has a story about why their unique nickname on here is what it is? Maybe you got it from something you seen somewhere, maybe it is just a bunch of nonsense. I think this will create some more good laughs for the community while we wait for the contests ending in a few days.

As a Political Science major (not), how I choose to vote in our 420Magazine monthly contests is directly and inversely related to the Moons Phase ... or the women in my lifes Phases. In other words, there is no telling who, what, why, where and when, I just maxi wing it and go with the flow in this months choices!

Best Of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

OK, I'll play the "reveal your name" game ... JBUptown ...

Well, I grew up in a big city with a constant flow of great musicians and touring acts. When I was around 13, my oldest sister took me to a concert to see a guy named James Brown (we are white folk but race didn't matter too much where I grew up). The venue was in the "Uptown" area, which was not my neighborhood, but rather the "Rich Folk" area. I was used to seeing live music, ! didn't realize every kid didn't grow up with that being a normal regular part of life. That James Brown concert changed me and the way I thought about music and performance forever, it was epic! I've been to a few hundred of concerts in my life, but that James Brown show, over 40 years later still echoes as one of the most electric performances I've ever witnessed. So there ya go ... why I use JBUptown as screen name. He was most impressive live!

Best Of Buds

JB

Time is nearly up for this months contest !

I do hope the potential winner will post a pic of wearing the all prized 420 T-shirt :thumb:

Been a interesting month so far & roll on June 2016 :high-five:

Hi Everyone :ciao:

As we approach the end of the month, the poll is now being monitored and adjusted for those who have mistakenly voted but have fewer than 50 posts.

You may therefore notice some changes.

Well the swimsuit competition was a bit of a let down this month, I was really hoping for more but oh well there is always next month. I know it is not midnight yet but since I have to work tomorrow and 3:45 comes really early I will have to cast my vote now.
Again congratulations to all nominated you guys and gals rock:circle-of-love:
I know Rifleman will be waiting for the very last second so the voting is not over just yet.

Good contest this month. Even a little drama mixed in for good measure. Anyone of these nominees would have been an excellent MOTM.
Cheers. :roorrip:
Personally I did not feel that there was any drama this month, granted When Fuzzy Duck came out for the swimsuit competition in a giant daffy duck costume with a banana hammock on and started singing "Candles in the Wind" I did feel it was slightly in appropriate that Tourturedsoul jumped on stage and broke out in "We Are The World" Yes I know every one joined in and it was a group singing but they should have waited till the end of "Candle in the Wind" Just saying. Though holy mackerel can Oldschool 64 hit those high notes or what. Dang. Impressive.
All in all it was a great race, the talent competition was very impressive, who knew that you could rap "Play me another, Somebody did me wrong Song" by BJ Thomas.. Way to go Snidrajsed and Cannafans interpretation of "I am a man in constant sorrows" by the Soggy Bottom Boys, well what can anyone say, she nailed it. I simply loved the clip on beard and when she did the chicken dance for just one second I saw George Clooney up on that stage :bravo:

Can not wait to see what next month brings, these competitions just keep getting better and better each month

Sounds good to me! I'll elbow OG on my right and wake him up for it. :laugh: :passitleft:
what? Was I snoring again?

I'll take that. :smokin: Let the old guy sleep, he works hard. :rofl:
hey now... I am awake now....pass that back over here

As a Political Science major (not), how I choose to vote in our 420Magazine monthly contests is directly and inversely related to the Moons Phase ... or the women in my lifes Phases. In other words, there is no telling who, what, why, where and when, I just maxi wing it and go with the flow in this months choices!

Best Of Buds

JB

Honesty is always the best policy

Yeah, this is just one of those threads where people express their opinions. Maybe it's because everyone knows this is a staff-monitored thread (although I would guess that, in general terms, they all are - they work hard to remove spambot posts and to ensure that healthy disagreements do not turn into unhealthy flaming), IDK.

I'm not sure what my "vote" would be if we were asked whether we thought the results should be public before the end of the contest, to be honest with you. Earlier I thought it would be a good idea to hide them. On the other hand... I "peek" too, lol.

The staff (and 420) read and value everyone's opinions. But, at the end of the day, they will of course do what they think is best. They've set this contest up to reward - and to encourage - helpful members, sure. But they have also done it so that all of us could have a little fun now and then. They could delete all the off-topic posts. They could remove all the swimsuit competition talk (<SHUDDERS> at the thought of ~TS~ in one). For that matter, with the "no campaigning" rule, they could just post a list of candidates for people to vote on - and then lock the thread so that no one could post.

But that wouldn't be any fun.

I hate to say it but it appears that a few people have forgotten how to have fun and are taking these contests way to seriously. If they held these contests once every 4 years I might be able to understand it but they do this every month. Have fun, show your respect to the members who stepped up to the plate last month and then step up to the plate yourself, you may find it bring a ton of joy within, then have a little fun, laugh and giggle because NEXT month, you may have to be the one designing your swimsuit for the big competition :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hello everyone :ciao:

This thread is very closely moderated. No one has been anything other than encouraging, helpful or witty.

Humor can be a fickle thing and does not always translate easily.

Please report any post that appears mean or hurtful :thanks:

Your 420 Magazine Moderation Team :Namaste:

Dabnabbit you had to go and post that didn't you Richard, OK since you demanded we report any mean or hurtful post I have to report myself. Yes I previously saw Fuzzy duck in his Daffy Duck costume with his Banana Hammock on and yet I posted it knowing he mistakenly was wearing his banana hammock on backwards, Sorry Fuzzy I should have known that it was not very nice, since I know how embarrassed I was when I put my wetsuit on backwards the 1st time I went surfing and everyone was laughing at me. Sorry for laughing Fuzzy but that Banana hammock on backwards was just way to funny. Next month go for a T-back string, those are impossible to put on backwards, plus they look really hot when worn on a black wet suit ;)

There have been opinions and such expressed, like it is almost every monthly contest.

Let's change the subject and get back to how the thread started, with fun and laughter...which is why we get the popcorn out and stay every month. :cheer:

I'll make some more popcorn! Who's bringing the bud?

:popcorn:
Oh I have some bud I can spare.

Yep. Guess whose job that is. :nomo:
Thank the lord it is not ME but they picked the best person for that job

Thank you Dan. Seems like whenever I go to the page to vote, I can't see the results until I do vote. I've always thought that was a good feature, makes you think about who you're voting for and do some digging. I'm going to test that out next month, (I've already done my voting for this month), maybe my eyes are doing funny things. :laugh:

:circle-of-love:
I can totally understand your eyes doing funny things Cannafan sometimes it is hard to make things out when you have that much twinkle in your eyes :cheesygrinsmiley:

Why not vote for the person that you think deserves to win the most - that is to say, the one who best meets the requirements that got him/her nominated?

I'd hate to win a contest because people felt sorry for me. Well... A contest like this one, anyway. I'd happily accept a winning lottery ticket ;) .
Hey I resemble that remark TS.
How does one choose who is the best when they are all great to begin with. Each month this vote is always the hardest for me because I know in my heart that each and everyone who was nominated deserves my vote but I only get one vote. So I pick one and know that in the coming months I will see these people again because that is the caliber of people the are and they will get what they deserve, maybe not today but eventually.

This may be a stupid question or it may not be for a never member to the forum.. But where do we see/watch the swimsuit comp? I have seen everyone talk about it over the last couple of months but I haven't seen it. Just curious since it seems to be a hell of a time :)

Back
Top Bottom