• Cannafan

Votes: 39 38.6%
  • Fuzzy Duck

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Snidrajsed

Votes: 28 27.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mmm an interesting twist on voting over the last few page's i'm not sure what spurred that on ?

MOTM voting is always going to be interesting some months i've seen a list of names or mostly i've never seen before ?

I guess it is about where you are active in the various sections of the forums to be noticed or helped in etc for the nomination to be made this would obviously define where some of us get our votes from with in given parameters of the MOTM guide lines !

Well being here for quite a few years my own voting style has changed depending on how i feel on the monthly basis or nominations made ?

I will more likely select a person i've seen offering help / advice etc in the sections of the forums i often view or perhaps grow journals i care to visit from time to time... i may avoid the popular choice tho as they more likely don't need any help in less you got some thing worthy off attention on my own viewing habits !

90% of the time i'll help the first timer or one post wonders a large part of them under 50 posts, i'll never receive a vote from most of them i know there has been a few who have stayed longer to become part of the community for awhile :thumb:

Good luck to all & always next month or another year if you wish to stay longer :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've only seen you in a few journals I'm subscribed to, Fuzzy. However, in those journals, you are a voice of assistance and positivity. I was a little bummed that you didn't have a current journal to sub up to though.

Cheers Fuzzy. :roorrip:

Well i'm pretty rare to find in journals the best part of times & perhaps some of these i discovered in FAQ's - frequently ask questions to where i may of helped in some question asked etc & deciding to tag along on the endeavour at hand !

It is the least i can do.

I sadly admit i don't always keep active journals these days as i may only grow 2 to 3 crops per year for my own needs most of it is a bush style of grow & pretty standard type stuff but over time i've changed tactic's & you may find hints in past journals :thumb:

A little bit bummed me to, well out of interest i'm doing some new stuff working on monster bush type stuff so popular these days & been thinking of keeping a journal on this... Mmm thanks for the inspiration even got a girlie in progress in flux style in case LA may view.

I'll see what i can sort out :green_heart:

Well i'm pretty rare to find in journals the best part of times & perhaps some of these i discovered in FAQ's - frequently ask questions to where i may of helped in some question asked etc & deciding to tag along on the endeavour at hand !

It is the least i can do.

I sadly admit i don't always keep active journals these days as i may only grow 2 to 3 crops per year for my own needs most of it is a bush style of grow & pretty standard type stuff but over time i've changed tactic's & you may find hints in past journals :thumb:

A little bit bummed me to, well out of interest i'm doing some new stuff working on monster bush type stuff so popular these days & been thinking of keeping a journal on this... Mmm thanks for the inspiration even got a girlie in progress in flux style in case LA may view.

I'll see what i can sort out :green_heart:

That would be awesome Fuzzy. I would sub up for sure

I certainly am glad you stopped into my journal Mr FuzzyDuck :) You have made a big difference and given me some great info! I would be thrilled to sub up to a journal if you start one. Interested to see these monster bushes now lol Best of luck

Mmm an interesting twist on voting over the last few page's i'm not sure what spurred that on ?

MOTM voting is always going to be interesting some months i've seen a list of names or mostly i've never seen before ?

I guess it is about where you are active in the various sections of the forums to be noticed or helped in etc for the nomination to be made this would obviously define where some of us get our votes from with in given parameters of the MOTM guide lines !

Well being here for quite a few years my own voting style has changed depending on how i feel on the monthly basis or nominations made ?

I will more likely select a person i've seen offering help / advice etc in the sections of the forums i often view or perhaps grow journals i care to visit from time to time... i may avoid the popular choice tho as they more likely don't need any help in less you got some thing worthy off attention on my own viewing habits !

90% of the time i'll help the first timer or one post wonders a large part of them under 50 posts, i'll never receive a vote from most of them i know there has been a few who have stayed longer to become part of the community for awhile :thumb:

Good luck to all & always next month or another year if you wish to stay longer :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hear ya Fuzzy... They are being kinda mean IMO... I doubt anyone is having to guess who I voted for but all the whining is kinda odd... especially when it comes from one of the entries... There are a lot of folks on this site... I've been here for almost 3 years and there are a lot of members I have never come across and for the most part I am quite active on the site... I only know a few of the entries but I do know Canna goes far and beyond to do anything she can for a member and honestly... if you can't say something nice just don't say anything at all as it serves no purpose other than to hurt feelings and if that is what you are trying to do... You might want to rethink it...:).....:circle-of-love:

I don't think anyone was trying to be mean or hurt feelings. It seems more to me like everyone has different view of how voting polls should be done. Some think it's odd to be able to see the stats before voting and then some could care less what the stats are. Some of us just thought that if a person was able to look at the stats before voting that it may change their minds on who to vote for. Everyone has their own views on the way things should be done. I personally do not look at them before voting but it just seems to me that some do and it may change their vote.
No hard feelings to anyone at all, this is a great and friendly place and I am more than happy to be here to take part in the community. Sorry from my end if this whole voting thing got blown out of proportion and has hurt anyone's feelings or discouraged them, that was not anyone's intentions I don't believe :)

People were being mean to Cannafan? I went back and tried to find where people were being mean to her but I couldn't find it. If someone did say anything mean to or about Cannafan, I would expect there to be a few pages of the members on this site berating whoever it was that was being mean. All I saw were people expressing a displeasure with how things are done in terms of the polls. I personally think it would be awesome if you didn't know whose nug it is or whose plant it is until the voting is done when it comes to NOTM and POTM. If they didn't have the poll up there for this particular contest, there would be no discussion whatsoever about how many votes one member has or how many they are ahead.

I don't think anyone was trying to be mean or hurt feelings. It seems more to me like everyone has different view of how voting polls should be done.

Yeah, this is just one of those threads where people express their opinions. Maybe it's because everyone knows this is a staff-monitored thread (although I would guess that, in general terms, they all are - they work hard to remove spambot posts and to ensure that healthy disagreements do not turn into unhealthy flaming), IDK.

I'm not sure what my "vote" would be if we were asked whether we thought the results should be public before the end of the contest, to be honest with you. Earlier I thought it would be a good idea to hide them. On the other hand... I "peek" too, lol.

The staff (and 420) read and value everyone's opinions. But, at the end of the day, they will of course do what they think is best. They've set this contest up to reward - and to encourage - helpful members, sure. But they have also done it so that all of us could have a little fun now and then. They could delete all the off-topic posts. They could remove all the swimsuit competition talk (<SHUDDERS> at the thought of ~TS~ in one). For that matter, with the "no campaigning" rule, they could just post a list of candidates for people to vote on - and then lock the thread so that no one could post.

But that wouldn't be any fun.

I hear ya Fuzzy... They are being kinda mean IMO... I doubt anyone is having to guess who I voted for but all the whining is kinda odd... especially when it comes from one of the entries... There are a lot of folks on this site... I've been here for almost 3 years and there are a lot of members I have never come across and for the most part I am quite active on the site... In all honesty... I would bet Canna's feeling have been hurt because some of you have been so ugly... I only know a few of the entries but I do know Canna goes far and beyond to do anything she can for a member and honestly... if you can't say something nice just don't say anything at all as it serves no purpose other than to hurt feelings and if that is what you are trying to do... You might want to rethink it...:).....:circle-of-love:

Mmm i was not directly pointing my finger at any one in particular & sorry if any one took offence ?

It was more of an expression of thought / experience after years of voting myself in the many MOTM over the time to how i may choose to vote & that being about it... the rest of the post should explain that if you so wish to read again ?

Perhaps you may be concerned on why i may avoid the popular choice (which i might think you are hinting at)

Well it is not totally true as i have voted for very popular people before & i may of visited their journals or seen them offer excellent help around the various sections of the forums from time to time hence they may get my vote... the forums are some what large & i may view several sections & i don't really have my head stuck in every body's grow journal or where ever they may choose to help ?

I may not view a popular person or experienced journal for many reasons !

1. They more likely don't need my help as they have plenty of experience otherwise i may of found them by now...

2. Growing mj is pretty easy.

3. Depends on what ya doing your grow style or training method perhaps led to gain interest ?

4. I would rather help the first timer one post wonders the kind of people who don't keep journals, perhaps some do & eventually become members of the community a far greater reward :thumb:

Yes i'm aware of canna & how helpful the person is, it is not the first time they have been nominated for MOTM iirc, i may of shared vote in the past :cheer:

Ye i know it may sound like whining what ya really dealing with is peoples opinions & feelings perhaps best to understand the meaning behind the words & to reflect upon such over time to give new insight upon the person, i personally don't think any one had intention of hurting peoples feelings to be honest.

Hello everyone :ciao:

This thread is very closely moderated. No one has been anything other than encouraging, helpful or witty.

Humor can be a fickle thing and does not always translate easily.

Please report any post that appears mean or hurtful :thanks:

Your 420 Magazine Moderation Team :Namaste:

photo_46_3.jpg

I personally think it would be awesome if you didn't know whose nug it is or whose plant it is until the voting is done when it comes to NOTM and POTM. If they didn't have the poll up there for this particular contest, there would be no discussion whatsoever about how many votes one member has or how many they are ahead.

I think this would be a great idea for these other 2 contests! I thought about that at the same time we were talking about the voting polls here but actually forgot to mention it. If someone just seen the pictures of the plants or nugs and picked one without knowing who's it was then it may make it that much more interesting, almost nail biting waiting for the end results to see who's bud or plant won.

As for how the MOTM voting polls are done, I am fine with the way it is IMO :) I just thought I could chime in and add my oppinion when it came up at the time.

There have been opinions and such expressed, like it is almost every monthly contest.

Let's change the subject and get back to how the thread started, with fun and laughter...which is why we get the popcorn out and stay every month. :cheer:

I'll make some more popcorn! Who's bringing the bud?

:popcorn:

Hey, I got something right here for ya Cannafan!! :passitleft::lot-o-toke::passitleft: We will just pass a couple every direction!! haha

I think this would be a great idea for these other 2 contests! I thought about that at the same time we were talking about the voting polls here but actually forgot to mention it. If someone just seen the pictures of the plants or nugs and picked one without knowing who's it was then it may make it that much more interesting, almost nail biting waiting for the end results to see who's bud or plant won.

As for how the MOTM voting polls are done, I am fine with the way it is IMO :) I just thought I could chime in and add my oppinion when it came up at the time.

Hey, I got something right here for ya Cannafan!! :passitleft::lot-o-toke::passitleft: We will just pass a couple every direction!! haha

Sounds good to me! I'll elbow OG on my right and wake him up for it. :laugh: :passitleft:

Yepper Rico... I believe that is how we met a couple of years ago...hummmm...:circle-of-love:

:circle-of-love: :ciao:

:passitleft:

I personally think it would be awesome if you didn't know whose nug it is or whose plant it is until the voting is done when it comes to NOTM and POTM. If they didn't have the poll up there for this particular contest, there would be no discussion whatsoever about how many votes one member has or how many they are ahead.

The 50 post rule enables no-one to know beforehand, how the votes will turn out.

Back
Top Bottom