A Low Budget Micro TLA Grow - With Added LED - Two Cream Caramel Photo Period

I have further diluted the res. To a TDS of 350 and it is still rising every 24hrs, and I have had to adjust the ph with 1.5 to 2 cc of diluted ph down through the range of 6.2 to 5.8, lowering by .1 every 24hrs.
CC1

CC1_1_11_13.jpg

It is 6 days since the last defoliation and tucking session so tomorrow I will see the shape under the screen.
CC2

CC2_1_11_13_b.jpg

Partly for warmth but also for additional blue spectrum light the CFLs are on all ‘day’ with the LEDs, from what I have been reading on other journals it may also encourage some lengthening of the inter node spacing?
All 4 together, for a while at least!

Canopy_1_11_13.jpg

:passitleft:

The Herbies sales pitch makes it sound just the ticket!

Sweet Cream Caramel Feminised Seeds Info

1st PRIZE INDOOR TIERRA “Copa de Oiartzun ‘07
1st PRIZE OUTDOOR “Copa Catalunya de Grows ‘07

A synthetic variety (S.V.) result of a three way cross-bred between our best indicas BlueBlack x Maple Leaf Indica x White Rhino. The synthetic varieties share with hybridised varieties an objective to obtain the vigour of a hybrid and to give homogeneity to its descendants.

Its taste is intense and sweet like caramel as is the indica strain with a hint of an earthy flavour that comes from the presence of the Blue genetic.

Ideal for indoor growing, it has typical indica structure, huge central buds and rich lateral branches. Usually favourite for customers who buy it for medical use, it has high levels of THC and enough CBD to induce a narcotic and physical “high”.

:rollit:
aj so glad to see u at it again!! i love cream caramel! one of my favs,,but mine is the auto version but i femmed some seeds off the one i had, your making me want to pop some, if you want them to stretch all i can think of is to get the light as far away as you can, have you ever done soil or coco? just wondering, i have recently jumped in on the led crowd very happy thus far, got 2 testing journals going, i just love all your innovative diy stuff ,keeps it very interesting, im subbed and looking fwd to this adventure!!:high-five::cheer:
Thank you aj for the invitation.........I wouldn't miss it! I'm just tickled silly to see you back on and doing a journal.........a warm welcome on your return!:circle-of-love:
i second this 100% missed aj headroom:thumb:

aj so glad to see u at it again!! i love cream caramel! one of my favs,,but mine is the auto version but i femmed some seeds off the one i had, your making me want to pop some, if you want them to stretch all i can think of is to get the light as far away as you can, have you ever done soil or coco? just wondering, i have recently jumped in on the led crowd very happy thus far, got 2 testing journals going, i just love all your innovative diy stuff ,keeps it very interesting, im subbed and looking fwd to this adventure!!:high-five::cheer:

Hey B.I.D. long time no speak!:welcome:

Cream Caramel Auto is still my favourite Auto, not under CFL though, it lacked the ‘intensity’ of those grown under the Sun and a poor yielder compared to others grown with CFL too. So I thought the photo period might be a quality smoke with the luxurious aroma and ambience of a well grown CC Auto, grown with a decent source of light anyway. The CC Auto started with the photo-period version so I have high hopes!:passitleft:

I have been following your LED advances (and BRIX) with envy! Continual improvement is one of your strengths I think.:thumb:

I struggle to control a mouse (a peculiar sentence in older times) these days which stops me posting as often as I should, I apologise for lurking in silence!

LED is changing my Gardening life for sure. Thank you for the suggestion on raising my lights,:thanks: I have removed the Ezee Roller which has given me an extra 11”, so the lights are now 37” from the screen. The short inter-node spacing is a challenge I had not anticipated.

I grow Autos in soil, both indoors and outdoors, very little science but to reasonable effect, no I haven’t tried coco, I started with what I already had, for cost reasons, and that was NFT, now for space reasons, height really, NFT seems a natural with my confines. Unless you convince me otherwise, the growing medium would take up too much limited bud space, no?

i second this 100% missed aj headroom:thumb:

I may have to change my Avatar now I have got 37” headroom with LED versus 12” with CFL! It’s good to journal again, a different kind of useful therapy, even if I do lose my mind and rant under my breath in the occasional post!

Maybe I’ll just change my tie!

An Aside 2

The Green Poison window sill plants are getting 4 or 5 hours of strongish sunlight on a good day, which are increasingly infrequent. Why I started a strain with the word ‘Poison’ in its name is a good question, it is, however, a fine relaxing smoke.

GP121.jpg

The larger of the two is about 14” high and the same across at its widest

GP11.jpg

I am still feeding ½ strength bloom nutes, I think they have several weeks still to go. I can see trichs, just.

GP1_bud_b.jpg

24hrs after defol and it doesn’t look as though I took much off., another inch of growth and I will be able to cover 16 squares at the back.

CC2_3_11_a.jpg

The slow growing secondary (circled) should reach screen height and fill the centre squares of the grid,
Coming from the wrong side of the stem sure does give you a slow start in life.

CC1_sideview_4_11_a.jpg

And from the top

CC1_3_11_a.jpg

Temps have dropped outside and I have suspended a conventional light bulb to give off enough heat to keep them in the zone, having all this empty space has created a need for a heat source, I need to accommodate something before Winter starts,

Groom_4_11_b.jpg

Family shot;

Canopy_4_11_b.jpg

Quite intrigued to see how Autos might differ under LED compared to CFL.

Roots are beginning to ‘shoot the weir’ into the res.

:surf:

Over_the_edge.jpg

I am hoping this will speed-up growth?

The tops are on long enough to start separating the stems but not long enough to use the screen to spread them out, yet. I have been reading Light Addict’s journal and I am rather taken with Fluxing, I can imagine a spread-eagled frame below the screen and then letting them grow through the screen, one top per square.

CC1_6_11_a.jpg

72 hrs since defol and I think they are both ready for a trim and a little light bondage and I have to have something to ground the restraints to. So the hooks are in place, I will still have easy access to the res but not to the pump and its filter.

CC2_6_11_a.jpg

I shall start spreading & tying the stems tomorrow.

For these Girls at this particular age the sweet spot appears to be 320 TDS, little change each check and slowly dropping ph by .1 each day.

:thumb:

After removing most leaves with stems I introduced 2 strips of balsa with 8 3/4 “ hooks in each which I used to tie down and spread as many branches as possible. I used an elastic band to hold down each main stem. The bags of silica beads are for a bit of weight.

CC12_Hooks_and_rope_a.jpg

The next thing is to stop interfering and let them fill out a little.

CC12_Bondage.jpg

Not sure about tying down and a screen. The bondage needs a more delicate touch than is available and it is just another level of unnecessary complexity?

A few more squares have been covered

Canopy_11_11_13_a.jpg

I am going to remove the LST ties so that I can keep the undergrowth under control. It's proving too much having a screen and string. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but completely impractical for me.

The screen is actually level, just the camera angle when I'm lying on the floor.

Undergrowth9.jpg

The Auto is enjoying the Discotheque Lighting too!

NL_BB_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom