Amy Gardner’s High Brix Dreams

Thanks bo!!

I did have a fan at the soil line - think I even mentioned you as inspiration for it :) :thumb:

I can’t do that outdoors tho’! The physical barrier is really all I can do.

Also - they’re just in the soil mix. Seems to be riddled with em :rolleyes: Yesterday I broke up the blue Dream root ball a bit and gnats emerged from deep within. I didn’t even see any flying in he tent the last month or so, but there were still some in there.

I have mosquito dunks coming from someone stateside too, so I can just always have one in the garden water tank. :)

Will overcome them one day I’m sure... could be any number of other factors goin on too I guess. Process of investigation, try things... see if things improve.

Growing is much less demanding when nothing much goes wrong. I was spoiled last year I think! This year I’m exhausted already!:eek::oops:

Going dark for the dark moon again. See y’all sometime over the weekend maybe.

Enjoy the dark moon. Take an extra nap if you can, or timeout in some way. There’s good cosmic support for rest and clearing out old stuff the next few days.
:Namaste:

I'm about to take a nap myself - maybe I'll take them more often this week. Gazoo recently mentioned Carlos Castaneda ... did you ever read him? ... seems that you'd like him.

:bongrip:

I’ve been back on site a couple of days, slowly catching up about the place - and sometimes not catching up and just jumping in.

I plan to do my dark moon hibernation every month now, to keep injecting ‘no internet’ times into my life. With so much time where I can’t do anything except lie in bed, resting or reading (or not), it’s a real trap for me to be online waaay too much. Plus the screen time actually makes me worse if I do too much of it.

Also, my new regime of certain limits to my social media time coincides with the summer season of sports that I love over here. There’s screen time there too, lots of it, and I need to be comfortable with less ‘net time to compensate! :battingeyelashes: Screen time rationing... summer sport takes priority.

I’m probably gonna wind up in here soon and slowly get the outdoor journal happening.

The gnat affected slow starting photoperiods for outdoor have picked up a lot. The autos did not pick up at all really, so I have just yesterday morning dropped some more - right wth a lovely new moon. I’ll update on that a bit later. Or maybe just hold it all in suspense for the upcoming outdoor journal.

Actually maybe I’ll just do that. And wind this up now... :hmmmm: That seems like the better plan actually. I’m pretty exhausted from all the trouble shooting.

FYI for any interested party, I consulted with Doc about the soil mix and the holey stem and he concurred that some additional calcium buffer in the mix may help so I reblended the remaining soil with 3/4 cup of limestone powder that is 98% calcium carbonate and some of the Roots! powder (mycorrhizae and other beneficials) so we’ll see how this goes going forward.

And just to clarify - this soil blend issue is only happening because I don’t have access to the pre-blended peat moss here, the promix hp (or sunshine bx), so we had to amend some pure sphagnum peat moss and I went back over some research and worked out that maybe the recommended amount of CaC03 I added was maybe a bit under. So we’ve adjusted and hopefully successfully. Time will tell. Folks using the kit with the recommended peat moss blend will NOT have this issue!

So Blue Dream produced 2oz of bud for me. The terps diminished a lot in the last week of the grow and there’s not a lot of fragrance to it now. It’s just reached the weird smelling stage of the cure, stable at 62% in jars and ready to be closed up for a week - I’ve been burping them every day for a week.

This is one of my bundles of frosty joy!
5BF5CD35-6DF8-4B2E-992C-1DE58D5E6267.jpeg

So there’s another bundle just like that, plus a bit more from the low and slow (not much - it’s not a practical method for me atm).

So far the buzz is really nice, just like I documented already. It doesn’t last very long but it’s not cured, plus it may have come down early. It was definitely early by the breeders timetable but with the pheno I got I can’t be sure. It needed to come down when it did because it was super cloudy, looking ripe and rangey and pushing out nanners like there was no tomorrow! Which I guess was true - I ended it’s tomorrows! I won’t touch it now for at least a week, maybe 3...

It is about half of what I was hoping for in terms of yield (i’m used to 3-6oz per plant), which won’t stop me enjoying it. It just might stop me sharing it quite as freely as usual... never mind ... ;)

I didn’t start this post with the intention of winding up this journal but it’s becoming that post if it’s own accord... so I’ll report this journal complete and get myself ready for the next adventure. :slide:

Troubled as it was at times, I am very pleased with many aspects of this grow. I learnt a lot about indoor growing and it’s details and I got my first taste of using Doc’s incredible products and system - plus i built a light! I also learnt more about reading the plant and have added confidence in my ability to see when things aren’t quite right as opposed to when they’re thriving ... this grow had it all - in one plant.

Thanks so much to all of you who have followed and kept me company along the way. And to all of you who helped with encouragement and advice, and humour and intelligence and insight.

Newty, I never did get to that hash making! The trouble-shooting of the gnat problem sapped my capacity. I can’t see it happening for a while now either, I’m just not up to it. One day in the future I will have enough trim saved in the freezer and a willing and able visitor to do it with me. Until those stars align, I shall patiently keep collecting trim and wait for hash to come at another time.

Big love to all of my 420 buddies. :circle-of-love:

And to 420 in general :420::passitleft:

Bring on the outdoor babies!

I’ll sign off with one of the last pics of BD - night before harvest, in all it’s clawed, nanner sprouting glory!

62C3F74C-BAA8-4BFE-B120-9BE7C5971D44.jpeg

:Namaste:

Hiya AmyG,

Thank you for allowing us into your grow journal. It was a challenge and you overcame it for some nice nugs! I'm going to miss your journal. Look forward to your next one.

never enough of bud when growing indoors.. hehe. Trust me on this one.. :)

Well for you that’d be well true! There’s only so much you can grow in 2 cubic feet ;) Duggan and Van Stank might differ :eek:

Hiya AmyG,

Thank you for allowing us into your grow journal. It was a challenge and you overcame it for some nice nugs! I'm going to miss your journal. Look forward to your next one.

Thanks Bode! I’m looking forward to it as well - it’s gearing up to be a fun summer :D

As sung by Ethel Merman of course!

Psychedelic progressive rock version... as performed by The Rectangular Cuboid of Dankness
:theband::theband:

:passitleft:

:thumb:

Looks like they've been joined onstage by What Shed Said! One hell of a supergroup :).
I knew you’d spy that ;) 2 of everything makes for more psychedelia o_O:cool::ganjamon:

Very well done Amy. The Blue Dream will get better and should gain some of those terps as it ages in the cure.

:bravo:

:passitleft:

Thanks Urb :passitleft: Glad you say that about teh cure, there were all sorts of blueberry baked goods smells during flower so I’ll be happy if some of that comes back. Even the early tokes have been suuuper smooth ....

Not a bad pull. I have pulled lesser yields of lower quality! She is very frosty and green and it looks like it will last you for a while (even if the high doesnt!) Glad I was able to follow along and see your first indoor grow close as a success!

Thanks Yeti :high-five: It will certainly be my fare for the best part of my summer and will keep me a very happy grower that’’s for sure :battingeyelashes:. I am well pleased to have you in my garden.

Nice job Amy, the buds look great. As you know there are always things we can do better, but you navigated your way through, without all the recommended tools (soil), and still succeeded. That is a win in my book! Very impressive! Brings a smile to my face:)

Interestingly when I grew blue dream last year, it too “lost” its smell during the last week of the grow. I alway attributed my issue to my environment and previous drying tech. We live and learn.
Take care !

I can see you're doing great indoor... wel minus the gnats, but I'm sure you're gonna get rid of them eventually and will prevent them from coming back.

One thing I can suggest. Don't get mites :)

Back
Top Bottom