Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

Almost three ounces of DDA buds!!! Oh, lucky you. I swear, my next plant, I'm shooting for three myself.

Your JH was breathtaking. I keep opening the tent to look at mine, and yours was way ahead of mine at every mark.

I agree with Older Grower, somewhere in that mass of buds you guys have harvested over the last month alone is a potential NOTM candidate. Look through the DDA ones. The voters love color.

i am happy with the fact that when i can manage to log on now a days my first stop is here to see the lovely girls you and jaybiz got going on. I hate the fact my camera broke... as i only make my appearances on here every few days and to try to give updates but enjoy the updates i get to catch up on in here as the girls look lovely as always :thumb:

Very nice pull, lovely buds. Great shimmering tricombs.

We're improving with every grow, so far so good! :)

oh yeah bro they look good, do you always dry in the tent like that or do you move them to a dark place to dry??

We've been drying in this space since the second plant to harvest in our first grow. Works pretty well. They get no direct light, just a few photons that have bounced around and made it up there. Somewhere in my first journal ShiggityFlip explained to us his process, and we've been following it successfully ever since. By all accounts our product is as good or better than what all our friends and neighbors have had in years, so if there is a quantifiable degradation of the THC from not being in complete darkness, I'm not sure it's important enough to us to worry about.

This tent will soon become nothing more than a drying and storage tent once we upgrade to a new 4x4 in the coming weeks.

Wow awesome nugs just got confirmation from Jason on my 300w:thumb:

We're actually now thinking we're going to skip this offer, just don't have a need for it right now. We need a new tent before we can hang any more lights, the secret jardin we have doesn't support more than 22 pounds off the ceiling supports. This is why it'll become a drying tent, can't imagine we'll ever be hanging more than 22 pounds of drying bud off of it. :)

Looking good man!!!! Miss yah bro.

Great to hear from ya Krypt, all well in your world?

Very nice harvest, those are some great looking buds. Hope to see those in the NoTM soon =)

Got a few I've thought might get an honorable mention at least, might just have to try my luck one day. Thanks for the encouragement OG, and great to hear from you as well.

:high-five: :circle-of-love: :high-five:

Almost three ounces of DDA buds!!! Oh, lucky you. I swear, my next plant, I'm shooting for three myself.

Your JH was breathtaking. I keep opening the tent to look at mine, and yours was way ahead of mine at every mark.

I agree with Older Grower, somewhere in that mass of buds you guys have harvested over the last month alone is a potential NOTM candidate. Look through the DDA ones. The voters love color.

Hopefully this DDA (D2) doesn't try to tear her arms off like the last one, and I can get better than 3 out of it. Almost considered not topping it, but just couldn't stop myself at 13 days, it kept calling to me every time I'd look at her.

I've no complaints at all about the buds I got off our first, they are all solid and firm, just wish there was a bit more of 'em.

That Jack had an incredible vigor, I put her through double toppings and a couple of serious droughts and she still thrived. Maybe even because of it now that I think about it. She needed to be spread out far more to really maximize her output. This one was so crowded that she had some wilty leaves in the center. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I'll try to SCRoG the next JH I grow.

NotM and PotM is, IMHO, a lot about the photography skill of the grower as much as the plant, but what the hell right? May as well be one of the 25.

i am happy with the fact that when i can manage to log on now a days my first stop is here to see the lovely girls you and jaybiz got going on. I hate the fact my camera broke... as i only make my appearances on here every few days and to try to give updates but enjoy the updates i get to catch up on in here as the girls look lovely as always :thumb:

Yeah we gotta figure out a way to get you a camera going. It's great that you stop by and check out my garden, but I miss seeing yours!

One more to go in the original 4, we'll call the new 3 part of this second grow and end this journal when all 7 have got final weights.

Now that's one hell of a haul, right there. Well done, man!

Thanks CM. Looking forward to seeing what we get for weights come thursday or friday. Early weights, finals will take another week at least.

I now see the reason to grow autos, 3 months from seed about 2 to 3 zips, that way you never really run out. You also get to grow new strains but do not run into stockpiling product and having your wife look at you sideways when you say you want to grow another round.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I now see the reason to grow autos, 3 months from seed about 2 to 3 zips, that way you never really run out. You also get to grow new strains but do not run into stockpiling product and having your wife look at you sideways when you say you want to grow another round.

1 or 2 is what we were originally hoping for, now our expectations have been raised a bit. Hoping to average around 4 or 5, and still need to crack the 7 zip mark. I'll be starting another CKS Candy Cane, and our first Amnesia Haze and Train Wreck autos next. Oh yeah, and a Sweet Seeds Red Poison somewhere in there soon as well. :)

I haven't been able to get passed the sideways looks with one yet. Apparently I'm least attractive when sideways. :)

Nice, but it starts to stack up quick. 6 to 8 zips is where I like my plants to be (photos) now I'll see what my auto AK will bring to the table in a few weeks.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

March 28 Update. Crown Royale is 89 days old, Revolver 2 is 25, Dark devil 2 is 14, and Lemon Skunk is 10 days old. CR is now 39 days since her flip to 12/12.

CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 79 and RH is 53% at the canopy, 78 and 57% at the top where JH is drying.

Temp for LS and R2/D2 peaked at 86 today with RH at 39% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and R2 is about 23 inches from the light, D2 is 24, and LS is 25 inches away.

• LS got 720 ml of bubbled tap water at 171ppm and 5.7 PH
  • D2 got 840 ml of the same water

Absolutely loving the combo of velcro and soft wire for tying down R2 at this stage, it's working great and is so incredibly easy to adjust. I'll be making up more of them for D2 and LS when they get big enough to start training.

We're back to a pretty boring part of the grow, but I still have to post my nightly journal. Sorry folks.

Family pic:

CR (28 lbs, down from 31.2 after watering yesterday):

R2 (8.8 lbs, down from 11 after watering yesterday):

D2 (6.0 lbs down from 6.6 yesterday, 7.8 after watering tonight) Droopy dry tonight:

LS (6.0 lbs down from 6.6 yesterday, 7.4 after watering tonight):

Check out the second node, the three leaf set. One side has three leaves, the other has three points

I think I'll top her tomorrow:

Back in the tent:

The other tent:

Yes all is well, haven't been over here much as you're the only 1 that I still follow here.... Got a bunch of freebies over yonder I told you that you're missing out. :D Anyways I got 175G off SweetTooth, now I have D.P. Durban Poison going and Mephisto's Heisenberg Special. Just dropped Mephisto's 24 Carat F5 which was an Illuminauto he released that's sold out.

Awesome job guys!!!
Bravo!!!

I can't wait to see what my first 2 JH finish at. I know it will be nothing like yours. I'm just thankful they actually survived the rookie abuse I tormented them with. An ounce between the 2 would be fine by me.

Quick question, how to you determine your chop day? Do you have a microscope for trichomes? When they drastically reduce water consumption? When pistils have receded? When the frost blinds your eyes? When the cannagods whisper in your ears?

I know it doesn't need to be said again. But you guys are killing it!! One can only hope for those harvest numbers. DDA is the new craze and it's warranted for sure. What an amazing specimen you two have displayed for us. :thumb::goodjob::goof: for the DDA :adore:

KiG :green_heart: cheers to RTK and the Bizz

I hope i wont have to compete with those buds in NoTM :cheesygrinsmiley::high-five:

Oh, it's not my buds we both have to worry about my friend. See the snowballs Shiggs has been growing?

Yes all is well, haven't been over here much as you're the only 1 that I still follow here.... Got a bunch of freebies over yonder I told you that you're missing out. :D Anyways I got 175G off SweetTooth, now I have D.P. Durban Poison going and Mephisto's Heisenberg Special. Just dropped Mephisto's 24 Carat F5 which was an Illuminauto he released that's sold out.

Nice pull on the SweetTooth bud! I'll have to make it over yonder one of these days soon. :)

Awesome job guys!!!
Bravo!!!

I can't wait to see what my first 2 JH finish at. I know it will be nothing like yours. I'm just thankful they actually survived the rookie abuse I tormented them with. An ounce between the 2 would be fine by me.

Oh, I think you'll do better than that bud, and much better on your next two. Us rookies have to make the mistakes, it's nearly unavoidable I think.

Quick question, how to you determine your chop day? Do you have a microscope for trichomes? When they drastically reduce water consumption? When pistils have receded? When the frost blinds your eyes? When the cannagods whisper in your ears?

We crafted a precise formula to calculate the exact best day to harvest, sadly we were cooked and it's now lost to the Aether.

Jaybiz goes more by the microscope than I do. I tend to just watch for receded pistils, swollen calyxes, autumnal coloring changes and reduced water consumption. By the last week we try to pick a day that works for our schedule as much as anything, while ensuring she'll be good and dry for harvest day.

In short, you wait for the cannagods to whisper in your ears and hope for the best. She'll get louder the longer you ignore her.

I know it doesn't need to be said again. But you guys are killing it!! One can only hope for those harvest numbers. DDA is the new craze and it's warranted for sure. What an amazing specimen you two have displayed for us. :thumb::goodjob::goof: for the DDA :adore:

KiG :green_heart: cheers to RTK and the Bizz

Very much looking forward to Jack's dry weight. We'll have some pre-cure (~80% RH) numbers by the weekend. Don't think we'll crack the 200 g mark yet.

March 29 Update. Crown Royale is 90 days old, Revolver 2 is 26, Dark devil 2 is 15, and Lemon Skunk is 11 days old. CR is now 40 days since her flip to 12/12.

CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 80 and RH is 54% at the canopy, 79 and 58% at the top where JH is drying.

Temp for LS and R2/D2 peaked at 86 today with RH at 41% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and R2 is about 23 inches from the light, D2 is 24, and LS is 25 inches away.

• R2 was soaked using 6 liters with 23 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B and 5 ml of calmag+ at 767ppm and 5.7 PH

Made the decision to soak our second Revolver today, even though she still had about a pound of water in her. Tomorrow may be a late night before we get to them, and she's been taken to drought the last two times already. As well, she's a little light green in the middle, so I wanted to bump up her nutes anyway.

She got 4 liters from the bottom, I was astonished how quickly she'd soak up the water I was pouring into her bottom tray, had to check a couple times to make sure it wasn't pouring back out a leak or something. She's at a very awkward age to water, particularly with her pot all folded over for her tie downs. Next watering I'll pull all her training and redo it afterwards.

Interestingly, she's our second of two CKS Revolvers we've grown that has produced double tops on her own. Both had two branches that topped themselves. The last one was when we were just learning to do any training and we kept the tops together. This one will have them spread wide.

Otherwise a pretty easy night again. Our second Dark Devil is droopy today, almost convinced myself to water her but Jaybiz smartly talked me out of it.

Family pic:

LS (6.6 lbs, down from 7.4 after watering yesterday):

D2 (6.6 lbs, down from 7.8 after watering yesterday):

R2 (7.4 down from 8.8 yesterday, 20.4 lbs after watering tonight):

Another CKS Revolver that auto topped two branches...

Back in the tent:

Pretty happy with this training so far

March 28 Update. Crown Royale is 89 days old, Revolver 2 is 25, Dark devil 2 is 14, and Lemon Skunk is 10 days old. CR is now 39 days since her flip to 12/12.

The other tent:

im calling Wilson for copyright infringement on their footballs :bravo:

Outstanding harvest on the JH. I also like that Jbiz, he has some great instincts. But just do this for a second. Imagine rtk and Jbiz are the same guy with split personalities...this thread becomes much more fun. One guy sitting in the basement having a convo with his other personality. "It's drooping...I think I will go ahead and water her."
"Ummm let's hold off a day...you always want to water!"
"Oh yeah...remember last month? That NEM would have died if I didn't water!"
"Oh you smarty pants you are always bringing up that ONE time. When will you stop?"
"When you stop trying to kill the plants. Just because your scrog looks good you think you know everything! I am MOTM! What title do you have?"
"Oh yeah? Nice training on Britney smartass!"
The next few minutes is rtk/Jbiz fighting himself like the scene in the parking lot from Fight Club. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom